Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
425,921 - 425,940 of 538,664 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That just shows you take your "truths" from TV shows, and not from legitimate scholars or sites.
I have seen little or nothing from you showing any actual research or knowledge regarding your religion or it's history.
my "religion" is a relationship with my Living God and Savior; it's not subject to your scrutiny anymore than my challenging your relationship with your spouse.

GOD IS NOT AN ACADEMIC EXERCISE - He's a Person and the attribute that defines Him best is LOVE!

"....God is Love" 1 jn 4:8

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor attempt to discredit actual writings predating your scriptures.
You are "willfully ignorant" and it shows in your prejudiced choice of words.
Are you setting me up for an "inquisition too?
Should I bring a black female cat to make the "burning" official?
People like you with your prejudiced pseudo christ mentality are the cause of us still being in the "dark ages".
YOU (and other antichrist's like you) are defending and promoting these documents. nuff said!;)
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
List of Catholic Scientists:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic...
List of Roman Catholic cleric-scientists:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Ca...
That's for starters. Pretty impressive, yes?
Is there a particular topic that interests you regarding science and theology? I will try to find something the CC has written about it.
Yes, thank you. I would appreciate that.

Where does the CC claim that any of its faith or teachings are based on science?

Can you find a term such as "Catholic science" in any official catholic document or the catechism?

Links are appreciated. I don't think it exists, but I may be wrong. I believe this because the CC among all denominations seems to be the one that knows the fundamental difference between faith and science.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
The delusion tells them to forget the absurd things the delusion led them to do in the past.
It's also convenient that their most hated Biblical enemies have tended to be weak, like women and gays.
Don't forget the good old standby-words ... heretic and witch.

Some new ones of the same faith still believe that that a new Inquisition is needed to clean up the evil that dwells in others ... "always in others" ... not in their selves.

They take their religious nonsense as extremely important, and as history proved, are a dangerous lot of mortals indeed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Witches … Erica Jong … Published 1999

In her rattling cart, blindfolded, gagged, bound, on the way to the torture chamber, the gallows, the stake, the witch is trying to tell us something. She is trying to warn us. She may be you—next time.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"Things God has forbidden," as in the 10 Commandments.
Christians can't agree on even the most basic, like the 10 Commandments -- because it's all imaginary.
My guess is that a class of tenth grade kids could formulate a better, more timely "10 Commandments" than this supposed Greatest Mind in the Universe.
Maybe god should have used Titanium instead of stone, so we'd have some form of physical evidence?
~~~

-->GOD HAS WRITTEN THEM IN OUR HEARTS

2Co 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

2Co 3:3 --> Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. <---

2Co 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

2Co 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I believe it is better to say that science ignores the supernatural component.
Yes, science looks for natural cause and effect. Science seeks to document through testing and observation.
We can accurately predict many thing based on science.
We can cure many diseases based on science.
We cannot do either with religion.
Here are just 10 prophecies recorded in the Bible that have recently come true:

http://www.therefinersfire.org/recent_prophec...

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
So in fact they were worshipping idol's not God!
Which is blaspheme, they didn't bring salvation to them but damnation.
Your personalized image of a god is also "your" idol.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Devious Derivations”… Popular Misconceptions and More than 1000 true origins of Common Word and Phrases … by Hugh Rawson.

god.

It should be of passing interest to women readers especially to know that god originally was of neuter gender, as in the Middle High German abgott, idol.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
my "religion" is a relationship with my Living God and Savior; it's not subject to your scrutiny anymore than my challenging your relationship with your spouse.
GOD IS NOT AN ACADEMIC EXERCISE - He's a Person and the attribute that defines Him best is LOVE!
"....God is Love" 1 jn 4:8
God is love? Bull. God is fear. Most of God's own creation will not make the grade, mainly because they were born in the wrong geographical area.

Matthew 7:13-14

“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

That sounds more like a neurotic, vengeful God who is angry at the little ants in his ant farm, so he is going to punish most of the ants.

Who would condemn most of its own creation for such arbitrary reasons, except a psycho-god?

Holy Psycho Batman!!

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't.
Do you think all mass killings are driven by religious beliefs?
No ... of course not. But religion was and is a handy way to motivate people to kill. If the followers are sure the god of their dreams supports the war, it makes the killing holy and just and as the killing seems to align to their hypnotized consciences, it makes killing EASY and for all intents and purposes ... as history proved over and over ... RIGHTEOUS.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are just 10 prophecies recorded in the Bible that have recently come true:
http://www.therefinersfire.org/recent_prophec...
Thanks. If they were written before 70 CE, then this is the second time they came true.

Those are also all Jewish prophecies -- the same folks for whom Catholics invented ghettos.

Think: you have been officially praying for the conversion of the Jews for about 1500 years. So it doesn't seem fair to use them to "prove" your Bible. Think about it.

Got any catholic prophecies?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
PERSONALLY I DISAGREE WITH ROMAN CATHOLICISM..
BECAUSE IT CLAIM AN EXCLUSIVE MONOPOLY TO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN
AND PRESENT A FAULTY ROAD MAP (THAT IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH THE BIBLE)
THEY CLAIM TO BE THE "ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH."..YET PRACTICE THOSE
THING THAT GOD HAS FORBIDDEN...
BEYOND THAT..after one follows all their calisthenics rituals and conjectures...
THEY PROMISE NOTHING AT THE END OF THE ROAD....
Why are you shouting? I'm sure you "personally disagree" with mormonism as well, yet you are probably not spending a lot of time puking up lies about them.

Why are you fixated on the CC?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the good old standby-words ... heretic and witch.
Some new ones of the same faith still believe that that a new Inquisition is needed to clean up the evil that dwells in others ... "always in others" ... not in their selves.
They take their religious nonsense as extremely important, and as history proved, are a dangerous lot of mortals indeed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Witches … Erica Jong … Published 1999
In her rattling cart, blindfolded, gagged, bound, on the way to the torture chamber, the gallows, the stake, the witch is trying to tell us something. She is trying to warn us. She may be you—next time.
There is an old Vatican Prison, complete with dungeon and former torture chamber not far from the Vatican grounds.

I wonder why they don't make that a museum to their god too?

Oops, sorry. Delusions are very selective. Delusions are not prone to accountability or conscience.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Many cruel-minded theologians knew the benefits of religion to in turn motivate people to kill.

In America killing homosexuals is now against the law ... but in Thomas Jefferson's era ... homosexuals were still being put to death by the "Christian" law.

Although pope Benedict was against the death penalty, the death penalty is still written into the Catholic dogmas as the will of "god."

Religion is not beneficial to humankind. It goes against all the principals of kindness, as it turns people into right-fighting hogs in the want to clear whatever is perceived as blocking their paths to the promises of euphoria in a supposed hereafter.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
God is love? Bull. God is fear. Most of God's own creation will not make the grade, mainly because they were born in the wrong geographical area.
Matthew 7:13-14
“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."
That sounds more like a neurotic, vengeful God who is angry at the little ants in his ant farm, so he is going to punish most of the ants.
Who would condemn most of its own creation for such arbitrary reasons, except a psycho-god?
Holy Psycho Batman!!
In the OT God was an all punishing God. Poor Adam and Eve never given a chance for redemption.

....All the people living on the earth when the great flood came, no one was saved except Noah and his family and 42,000,000 species that he crammed on a tiny boat.(lol)

.... The NT God morphed God into an ALL LOVING GOD.

Interesting how the writers changed Gods ways.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

who="Just Sayin"
Why are you shouting? I'm sure you "personally disagree" with mormonism as well, yet you are probably not spending a lot of time puking up lies about them.

Have you noticed that this is not a Mormon forum?

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

<quoted text>
Thanks. If they were written before 70 CE, then this is the second time they came true.
Those are also all Jewish prophecies -- the same folks for whom Catholics invented ghettos.
Think: you have been officially praying for the conversion of the Jews for about 1500 years. So it doesn't seem fair to use them to "prove" your Bible. Think about it.
Got any catholic prophecies?
The Catholics created stories of Jesus the Jew, Mother Mary, the apostles, the wise men, the first pope Peter as ALL supporting the new and spiffy Catholic religion.

The Catholics couldn't produce Catholic prophets, so, in their stories they forced the fictitious Jewish characters to become traitors to Judaism.

If they had tried they couldn't have manifested a more ludicrous story.

I can just picture devout Catholics such as the pope saying ... "YEA ... we are SO excited. We are going to break away from our Catholic faith and start a new religion. We'll call our new one and only 'truth' Protestantism, and it shall rule over all people of the world."

How silly!

They want us to expect that faithful Jews would want to support Catholicism.

What next???

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
God is love? Bull. God is fear.
At the same time they assure us that God is love, they threaten that if we don't believe it, we will burn in hell.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just Sayin"
Have you noticed that this is not a Mormon forum?
Forums are open to all opinions.

When people brag that their religion is the true one, they open the door to let in all of us nay-sayers that disagree, and wish to have our own opinions expressed.

If your personalized favorite religion is based on absolute truth ... I suggest you find the words to prove it.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Many cruel-minded theologians knew the benefits of religion to in turn motivate people to kill.
In America killing homosexuals is now against the law ... but in Thomas Jefferson's era ... homosexuals were still being put to death by the "Christian" law.
Although pope Benedict was against the death penalty, the death penalty is still written into the Catholic dogmas as the will of "god."
Religion is not beneficial to humankind. It goes against all the principals of kindness, as it turns people into right-fighting hogs in the want to clear whatever is perceived as blocking their paths to the promises of euphoria in a supposed hereafter.
I don't think people need religion to fighting hogs.

That's nature. Religion is just a convenient excuse.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Correction:

I don't think people need religion to be fighting hogs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min macumazahn 732,582
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Eagle 12 226,181
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Holy dr Shrink 599,755
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 257,785
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min EdmondWA 94,614
The REALITY of workplace unhappiness for millio... 13 min Doctor REALITY 2
ferguson and the real race war 35 min Bev Jamison 17
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 40 min Freebird USA 173,260
•••
Enter and win $5000