Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,480
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441445 May 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said either/or.
Are you saying they are equally probable? 50%/50% or 99%/99%?
Or might the God of the Bible be more probable than UFOs?
In my opinion, the probability of a God as described in the Bible is 0%. If I had to bet, I will give credible UFO sightings about a 2% chance.
So for me, Bible God 0%/UFOs 2%.
You?
God 100%, ufos 100%
I have seen a ufo.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#441446 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes i do happen to agree with her on this point. you have a better one? no you don't, you just think you do,because you were told you did.
So you aren't a "Realist"? Okay, my apologies for thinking that is what you had stated in the past.

Albuquerque, NM

#441447 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
As for anyone (I presume you mean the writers of the books of the Bible) defining an infallible entity (I presume you mean God), I believe it is by the Holy Spirit that led them to do that.
...and then stop inspiring altogether. You forgot that part.

As most so-called "Christians" seem to believe that inspiration isn't been happeneing, nor can someone write another text or gospel.

So why do you limit the HS and/or "God"?

Albuquerque, NM

#441448 May 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Thoams was an apostle, but gotommy-boy wasn't written by him, it was written by a mystic/new age flame-job some 500 years later.
SELF-WORSHIP (is the very definition of satanism;)
Too bad for you with thinking "to know yourself" is "Self-worship".

They are not in the same ballpark.

This appears to be more indications that you don't understand Jesus.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441449 May 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and then stop inspiring altogether. You forgot that part.
As most so-called "Christians" seem to believe that inspiration isn't been happeneing, nor can someone write another text or gospel.
So why do you limit the HS and/or "God"?
I am not limiting the HS. I believe the HS is still at work, leading the Church Magesterium, the teaching authority, into all truth. Since God is infinite, there is no actual arrival at *all* truth, it's a journey. I believe the HS also inspires individuals of all walks of life. However, the public revelation (all Jesus intended to convey to the Apostles) has ended with the death of the last Apostle. That's why books are not being added to the Bible. Private revelation still goes on and many good books are written which support God's revelation, but our salvation is not dependent upon us reading them and understanding them. They are supplimentary.

Albuquerque, NM

#441450 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not limiting the HS. I believe the HS is still at work, leading the Church Magesterium, the teaching authority, into all truth.
The "Church" has not been defined, so with you implying it is the only organization or group that is still receiving guidance by the HS, I'll have to ask you to provide proof of this claim.

Or is this just another one of those ruses for followers to believe, without providing any support for the assertion?

I wonder why the HS is leading the Protestant church, as this is a branch that is part fo the "Church".

Your explanation is mingled with contradiction.

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Since God is infinite, there is no actual arrival at *all* truth, it's a journey.
Then why have you stopped your journey, with thinking the Bible and Catholicism is that answer to the "truth"?

Sounds to me that you do beleive the RCC is your key to salvation, when we already know that no person on this planet has knowledge of anyone's salvation.

You seem to accept this speculation as accuracy.

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the HS also inspires individuals of all walks of life. However, the public revelation (all Jesus intended to convey to the Apostles) has ended with the death of the last Apostle.
...and yet you only accept less than six of the original Apostles.

What if the "last Apostle" (whomever that was) wrote something that was lost during his day, but found 1500 years later, would you accept it then?

You don't know, so in truth, it sounds like you are just making up things to appease your own effort in this journey of yours.

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why books are not being added to the Bible.
And you - being knowledgeable about the HS and "God" have this first hand information, by how?

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Private revelation still goes on and many good books are written which support God's revelation, but our salvation is not dependent upon us reading them and understanding them. They are supplimentary.
No religion required.

Self.
Naturallaw

Saint Paul, MN

#441451 May 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholics were simply a long line of thieves, that took the dogmas of other religions and shape-shifted them into their own personalized style.
Why humans wanted to believe they are special is based on nothing but arrogance and more arrogance.
And YOU June, are the "arrogant (trumpet section)" of your own personal "editorialized" anti-God, anti-Jesus, anti-Christianity and anti-Catholic heretical "nonsense"!!!!! The fact is that bigots, hypocrites, atheists, agnostics, and heretics have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET---the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, biblically and historical PROVEN----as well as being initiated, formed and autheticated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF ----LIVES ON!!-----and will CONTINUE to live on because Jesus said it would in Matthew 16:18, "for the (gates of hell) shall not prevail against it!!(OUR LORDS CHURCH). My prayers will continue to be with you (each day) at Daily Mass and in the Eucharist, that God will "open your eyes" to the TRUTH of HIS Salvation in His Son Jesus Christ!!!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#441452 May 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If one studies religion from outside of the individual cults, it's plain that the latest religions all branched off of earlier religions. The early Pagans burned humans and non-human animals in the flames to appease the supposed gods and the Christians caught the horrible practice FROM the Pagans ... along with many other beliefs and worship of idols, etc.
Worshiping self-chosen words in bibles is no different than a gypsy believing she can see the future in her crystal ball.
If the gypsy wanted a war to begin, she could have stated she saw it in the future, and it might have the same results as the men who claimed that a god ordained "just, or holy war."
Religion was and is a means of gaining control over the thoughts of others.
sacrificing animals to a god that is suppose to be about love more than anything,never made sense to me,go forth be fruitful and burn a beast to honor me,don't sound right,true religion does try to put THEIR thoughts into your heart and mind,how else are they going to get you to believe what they are saying is truth,and they have to convince you they teach truth so you'll open your wallet to them.the amazing thing is how many different groups came out of one set of incomplete scriptures.

usa

#441453 May 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that a faithful Jew would become a Catholic pope is as ludicrous as the pope becoming a Protestant theologian.
If people can't see that, it's because they don't want to see.
have to agree with you here,a Jew becoming a pope,and a married Jew at that.and people don't see it because they are not encouraged to look for true answers on their own,all truths come from the church.How can you believe them when they don't practice what they preach?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441454 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
The "Church" has not been defined, so with you implying it is the only organization or group that is still receiving guidance by the HS, I'll have to ask you to provide proof of this claim.
Or is this just another one of those ruses for followers to believe, without providing any support for the assertion?
I wonder why the HS is leading the Protestant church, as this is a branch that is part fo the "Church".
Your explanation is mingled with contradiction.

<snip>
The Catholic Church, not some mystical group of "believers" whose identities can not be determined with certainty.

The definition of the Church given by Bellarmine is that usually adopted by Catholic theologians: "A body of men united together by the profession of the same Christian Faith, and by participation in the same sacraments, under the governance of lawful pastors, more especially of the Roman Pontiff, the sole vicar of Christ on earth"

As for Protestants, the HS may be leading them as individuals, but the HS is not leading Protestantism into all truth. This is evidenced by the fact that protestantism, since it's inception, has been splintering itself off from itself, forming ever more denominations which can't agree with each other on some basic issues. Jesus prayed that His Church might be one, not 42,000. There was one Ark, not 42,000 life boats.

Proof that the HS leads the CC is in the Bible. Since you have responded to my post with a lot more than just this issue which I want to get to, I will not pause to locate those verses right now.

Since: May 13

Briny Breezes, FL

#441455 May 16, 2013
whatever.

Since: May 13

Briny Breezes, FL

#441456 May 16, 2013
never is right
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441457 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<snip>
Then why have you stopped your journey, with thinking the Bible and Catholicism is that answer to the "truth"?
Sounds to me that you do beleive the RCC is your key to salvation, when we already know that no person on this planet has knowledge of anyone's salvation.
You seem to accept this speculation as accuracy.
<snip>
I have not stopped my journey at all. There is nothing on this earth more beautiful, more intriguing, more fascinating to me than the Catholic Faith. And there is nothing whatsoever with more depth. If there is anything I know with more surety than I know my own name is that the CC is the key to my salvation. She is the pillar and foundation of truth and the dispenser of all good sacraments.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441458 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<snip>
...and yet you only accept less than six of the original Apostles.
What if the "last Apostle" (whomever that was) wrote something that was lost during his day, but found 1500 years later, would you accept it then?
You don't know, so in truth, it sounds like you are just making up things to appease your own effort in this journey of yours.
<quoted text>
And you - being knowledgeable about the HS and "God" have this first hand information, by how?
<quoted text>
No religion required.
Self.
I would accept such texts gladly while knowing that I already know what I need to know to be in heaven one day. Those texts may help me get there should I read them and I would be grateful for that. I am interested in lots of non-Biblical writings.

Let's turn the tables, then, for a minute. I know of a non-Biblical work which I accept as being authentic and very helpful for my Faith journey. It is totally amazing:

http://www.jesus-passion.com/DOLOROUS_PASSION...

Would you accept this as authentic? And if you don't, do I get to accuse you of just making up things to appease your effort on your journey?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#441459 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is anything I know with more surety than I know my own name is that the CC is the key to my salvation.
Jesus Christ is the key to my salvation. In fact, Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.

Leave while you still can Just Sayin.

usa

#441460 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn't give you cancer, jethro, getting sick is just part of living in a fallen imperfect world. God is not punishing you with cancer. I've had a few friends get cancer and have seen them how they struggled with it. hugs*jethro*hugs
well,all i hear is "GOD HAS A PLAN" so what ever happens to a person must be part of gods plan for that individual,wouldn't you agree? and I've heard many times "IT'S GODS WILL" does that not apply to people? and why would he punish man for the killing of his son? when he knew from the moment he/Jesus appeared on earth,his destiny was to be killed, supposedly for our sins,which is not true,he was killed because he was considered a heretic,a threat to the powers that be because he was building a big following,and that made the aristocrats nervous,so they got rid of him.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#441461 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well,all i hear is "GOD HAS A PLAN" so what ever happens to a person must be part of gods plan for that individual,wouldn't you agree? and I've heard many times "IT'S GODS WILL" does that not apply to people? and why would he punish man for the killing of his son? when he knew from the moment he/Jesus appeared on earth,his destiny was to be killed, supposedly for our sins,which is not true,he was killed because he was considered a heretic,a threat to the powers that be because he was building a big following,and that made the aristocrats nervous,so they got rid of him.
Have you every heard the one...maybe you're going through this difficult time because God is trying to get your attention?

Maybe??

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441462 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter which representative of the great lie is portrayed...it is all a fabrication obfuscating the truth of the actual teachings of the Jesus.
Your church and it's structure is a "fraud" and an abomination.
You are articulating through that famous orifice!!! You have no idea of which denomination I am a member of.....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441463 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
This world does NOT need an individual who claims to be "God's" representative on earth, when that is clearly a false pretense advocated by those that want to control the world...
Well alleluia!!!! You do know some truth!!!!
chuck

Dublin, OH

#441464 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well,all i hear is "GOD HAS A PLAN" so what ever happens to a person must be part of gods plan for that individual,wouldn't you agree? and I've heard many times "IT'S GODS WILL" does that not apply to people? and why would he punish man for the killing of his son? when he knew from the moment he/Jesus appeared on earth,his destiny was to be killed, supposedly for our sins,which is not true,he was killed because he was considered a heretic,a threat to the powers that be because he was building a big following,and that made the aristocrats nervous,so they got rid of him.
Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

1 Peter 1:6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faithómore precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fireómay be found to result in praise and glory and honor.

Romans 3:3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because Godís love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit

James 1:2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 763,184
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed (May '14) 13 min Ron 46
moms do you like to keep your young sons bottom... (May '12) 13 min weirdworld 15
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min Lost In Transition 174,971
Old Earth/All Life Will Be Destroyed, Maybe By ... 29 min Kinseys Dad 2
The Book of Chess (Aug '13) 47 min Chess Jurist 41
fun wanted 1 hr funonly1973 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr truth 263,318
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr LAWEST100 603,495
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr NATHAN 176

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE