Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,873
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441424 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no. To all of the above.
But never mind all that. Have you ever seen the scavi? You can take a virtual tour, it's very cool.
http://www.vatican.va/various/basiliche/necro...
Some background info:
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/rel...
Thanks for posting those links, Regina, the tour was very interesting as was the article. Made my day!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#441425 May 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You know waassuup - I've now come to believe that you and that clown are one in the same.
*sighs*
physically, no we're not, but there is a certain oneness of spirit, to put it in terms you may be able to relate to;)

thanks for the compliment tho - i like brother clown!:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#441426 May 16, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
God does things on God's time as He sees fit.
Did "God" tell you this? How is that you know what "God" does and doesn't do?

If you are honest - you will say no, men did.

Please post your citation.

Albuquerque, NM

#441427 May 16, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Omnipresence, as with omniscience, doesn't dictate action on Gods' part.
You sure like to think you know what "God" does and doesn't do, yet are willing to provide evidence to your claim.

Please stop misleading others with unfounded opinions.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441428 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
You know waassuup - I've now come to believe that you and that clown are one in the same.
*sighs*
oh and BTW - SELF(worship;)

Albuquerque, NM

#441429 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Not to keep digging at this, but I did find it interesting, even though it is not related to the topic.
If we were to 'suggest' only about 12% of the land mass is used for agriculture, that would still leave plenty of forest, desert and other regions to be "untouched" - which would also leave those species "untouched".
Again, I find that the term "extinction" would be relative to a certain action that would be global and devasting, as were the past five (last one 65M years ago). Maybe an impact from an extraterrestrial meteor or comet could cause this extinction, but even then, something would survive, as it has in the past.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ...
Thanks for posting - now let's get back to the topic at hand - those clever, pesky yet crafty RCC followers and their mispoken truths.
:o)
ironman77 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think bc there is cancer and its not always cured God doesn't exsist? If you believe in eternal life than you know what happens on earth is irrelavent. You would also know to trust and have faith in God. Jesus was crucified and God let it happen! If the son of God is allowed to suffer what makes you think we are any better? Unfortunatly because Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit from the Tree of knowledge we must all learn different lessons! Some will suffer, others will not, but the point is God worned them to not eat of the tree of knowledge. Now we must learn hense the name, "Tree of knowledge!" But, For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son so that they may not perish but have ever lasting life! See God does love us all and wants us to be with him! I had a hard time accepting God and his love bc of my own pride,fears, and honestly I'm glad I don't suffer like the Agnostic or Athiest but I did at one time! THANK YOU LORD FOR SHOWING ME THE TRUTH AND LOVING ME ENOUGH TO REVEAL YOUR HOLY SPIRIT! I TRUST YOU AND HAVE FAITH THAT NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TO ME I WILL WALK WITH YOU IN THE END!
Uhm - okay. Thanks for sharing.

May I ask - how does your post reflect mine - which was a response to yet another poster on extinction?

Albuquerque, NM

#441430 May 16, 2013
typo - "yet are willing to provide evidence to your claim."
should have been -- "yet aren't willing....."

My apologies.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441431 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you call one of Jesus' Apostles "flame job"?
You really aren't very religious, are you?
I figured as much, but you've just put it in concrete.
Thoams was an apostle, but gotommy-boy wasn't written by him, it was written by a mystic/new age flame-job some 500 years later.

SELF-WORSHIP (is the very definition of satanism;)
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441432 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>If god exists why would he give cancer to a person in the first place, like me for instance? i never did anything that would be considered bad enough,that i deserve such a fate.why would he give a new born child the disease? what has the child done that was so bad? being born without permission?
God didn't give you cancer, jethro, getting sick is just part of living in a fallen imperfect world. God is not punishing you with cancer. I've had a few friends get cancer and have seen them how they struggled with it. hugs*jethro*hugs
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441433 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Thank you. If you were not preconditioned in any way as a child, you are in a minority.

So with a clean slate with no preconditioning, which do you consider more probable?

... UFOs' or

... God as described in the Bible?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#441434 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if the church does not follow ant pagan traditions,why do you find statues of pagan gods all over Vatican city?
Because they follow doctrine of a pagan cult Jethro.
Jesus when He walked the earth never sat on a throne, never demanded the best seats in the house never demand them to do what he himself wasn't willing to do. never walked around in robes with golden embroidery, never demanded peoples last dollar.
When people were starving to death.
None of the treasures in the vaults under the Vatican belong to the Catholic pagan religion.
If you remember God told His people in the O.T. who were going to war against the pagan enemies that were sacrificing there own children to pagan gods (some that the catholic church renamed)
God told them to take nothing with them no treasures of any kind.
Will if the crusades were fight in the name of God they disobeyed God, they took all their land treasures and life. they killed who did not agree with their doctrine and were killed because they would not bow to the catholic pope of that day.
But may I say Jethro, to God sin is sin, and if God were to unleash His anger against these people because of their sins he would have to unleash it on everyone, because we are all sinners.
People don't realize it but the evil kill the evil and greedy among themselves.
God will have His day Jethro, these evil people, will not get away with what they have doing.
The Bible says many are called but few are chosen, not because God didn't want them it is because they haven't answered the call.
They don't want God, the Holy Spirit pursues us, salvation was never our idea it was God's .
Yet while we were all sinners Jesus died for us.

Albuquerque, NM

#441435 May 16, 2013
Prophecy isn't of the individual?
Then who is it from?
If you say "God" alone - then why don't you believe Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus, or any other "seer" in the 20th or 21st centuries?
You do believe what the bible says, right? If you do, then you must also accept these prophets.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have shown you the truth from Scripture...you are not obligated to accept it...
I have shown that the use of "prophet" is invalid, except by whomever is interpretting it - like you have done - which from what you have accept man's interpretation only.

Please stop back-peddling and take responsibility for your dishonesty.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441436 May 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They have no bodies of the supposed twelve apostles, Mother Mary, Peter the first pope, Jesus, the three supposed wise men, and on and on and on ... because from my perception they were characters in plays, as were all the other sons of gods and followers that supposedly came to earth to preach messages of salvation.
Silly stuff indeed!
When humans realize we are simply animals, only of value to ourselves, that will be a day of new beginnings.
The first step towards a new beginning would be "no more Holy Wars."
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441437 May 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. If you were not preconditioned in any way as a child, you are in a minority.
So with a clean slate with no preconditioning, which do you consider more probable?
... UFOs' or
... God as described in the Bible?
Why does it have to be either/or? Why can't it both God and ufos exist?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441438 May 16, 2013
According to the World Christian Encyclopedia, as of 2001....

- there were 19 major world religions,

- divided into 270 large religious groups,

- and subdivided further into tens of thousands of smaller sects.

- Within Christianity alone, 34,000 separate groups have been identified.

This surely would not be the case -- if all gods were not completely imaginary.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#441441 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Good point. Now that we have the means (DNA testing, carbon dating, and other forensic methods), isn't it time for the Catholic church put up or shut up?
lol, they know what they have. There will never be any testing. They tried it with the shroud and that was a major embarrassment (oops, wrong cloth), so never again.
The catholic church does not claim with certainty that the shroud of turin is the real deal, however they treat it as a holy relic of the church.

The catholic hirearchy have NO MORE information about God, than anyone that posts on this forum. They have no special connection but they might want catholics to believe they do, and there are catholics on this forum that still believe that.

The vatican is nothing but a bunch of old women hating men, who would rather have company with each other than share a normal life with a wife and children as most do.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441442 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it have to be either/or? Why can't it both God and ufos exist?
I never said either/or.

Are you saying they are equally probable? 50%/50% or 99%/99%?

Or might the God of the Bible be more probable than UFOs?

In my opinion, the probability of a God as described in the Bible is 0%. If I had to bet, I will give credible UFO sightings about a 2% chance.

So for me, Bible God 0%/UFOs 2%.

You?

Albuquerque, NM

#441443 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
prophecy: profhteia propheteia:("prophecy "); prediction (scriptural or other):--prophecy, prophesying.
Its called Strong's Greek Lexicon.....
See: scriptural or other

New Age wrtoe:
Prophecy isn't of the individual?

Then who is it from?

If you say "God" alone - then why don't you believe Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus, or any other "seer" in the 20th or 21st centuries?

You do believe what the bible says, right? If you do, then you must also accept these prophets.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have shown you the truth from Scripture...you are not obligated to accept it...
...and now you contradict it.

You really should learn to understand the context of what you promote, before thinking you do understand it.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#441444 May 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Madalyn Murray O'Hara's Son, that she used in Baltimore Md as the catalyst for her Atheistic work against God, to expunge Prayer from the public Schools in America is now a Pentecostal Preacher.
His words were...That.... Having observed the gross evil while growing up...He knew there had to be a good side.
Thus He sought the Lord and found Him, and proceeded to establish a Christian work in Washington D.C.
Madalyn Murray O'Hara was murdered along with here granddaughter
her body was later found dismembered and stuffed in an oil drum...
The devil used her to do his dirty work and then destroyed her.
This is what Jesus said was His M.O....
JESUS SAID...
Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Yes Confrinting I know. June has other websites she is on.
I have read about Madalyn and I hear her every time I read one of
June,s post.
This woman is evil Confrint, out right. She has an agenda, like satan has.
The less people say to her the better off they will be.
There is a saying that people in hell don't ask to get out they ask for others to be bought in to confort them.
That is why June is on here. We should have nothing to say or do with her, what has Gods Children to do with evil this fight belongs to God.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441445 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I never said either/or.
Are you saying they are equally probable? 50%/50% or 99%/99%?
Or might the God of the Bible be more probable than UFOs?
In my opinion, the probability of a God as described in the Bible is 0%. If I had to bet, I will give credible UFO sightings about a 2% chance.
So for me, Bible God 0%/UFOs 2%.
You?
God 100%, ufos 100%
I have seen a ufo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 739,765
why do hairy armpits turn me on??? (Jul '10) 21 min danni2 12
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min MUQ1 259,621
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 51 min Lost In Transition 173,743
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Love Massage 872
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 1 hr mike 50
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Blk Thndr 42 601,132
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 hr ms simmer 153

Top Stories People Search