Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650535 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#441542 May 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW - first you state this....
"I said *public* revelation (revelation meant for the public at large, meaning revelation for everyone universally) stopped when last Apostle died."
...and then in the same breath....
"
Private revelation by the HS happens all the time, and yes, people do have the ability to express God in written form, and yes, even if they are not an Apostle."
Covering all the basics for yourself, huh?
Like I said, you are not a Catholic if you have chosen to believe these things you stated.
Welcome to my world.
Again, you are incorrect.

Why do you mislead others?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#441543 May 16, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
My oldest is mentally handicap and my youngest son has acknowledged he is a lost sinner, repented, and has received Christ by faith and later was baptized. Reads his bible and goes to youth group at church.
On like your parents with you, I had nothing to do with my son's salvation.
BTW, since you had nothing to do with your son's salvation, you obviously wouldn't have even had a bible available for him to pick up on his own, he probably had to ask the neighbor to borrow one. But then how would he even know to ask for it?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#441544 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You know topix has a character limit in the comment box. There is no way I am going to post all that I think Jesus taught. There is neither time nor space.
You could've posted links to those teachings, texts, etc.

Your excuse is just that, an excuse not to post.

Which would show you, how you are wrong in what you say you believe.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever Jesus is recorded as saying in the Bible is what He taught. He didn't waste words.
There you go again, limiting it to just the Bible.

Seriously, please stop. Jesus taught much more than what is listed in the Bible.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
As for the Gospel of Thomas, it contradicts the canonized gospels, eventhough in places it contains things said in the canonized gospels, therefore it is suspect.
Incorrect, Luke used it for his source, that is why you see the similarities.

More pointedly, GoThomas, considered to be written earlier than GoLuck or GoMatt, thus making it an earlier source, and thus is actually what should be part of the canon.

If it contradicts, as you said, in what way? Please be specific. Especially, since you also agree, that many of the teachings reside within the NT.

You seem to be contradicting your own statements.

Maybe you haven't researched this depth of Jesus' teachings.

*shrugs*
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
For instance, in the Gospel of Thomas, it is written:
"Simon Peter said to them,‘Make Mary leave us, for females don’t deserve life.’ Jesus said,‘Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven’" (Thomas 114).
Just out of curiosity - what do you think this passage actually means?

If you were to accept his teachings here, you will notice that he is STRICTLY SPEAKING of a the transformation of one's SPIRIT. Males become Spirit, as do women.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we know this is baloney.
No it isn't. I call it truth. As should you.

You do want to become like Jesus, right?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441545 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
...more qualifiers JS?
why do you limit "God"?
Let's say that everything you say is reflective on "God", then why have you aligned with an organization that has limitations on the writings of "God" and the canon.
The CC doesn't put limitations on the writings of God. Vatican Library has over 75,000 books.

Albuquerque, NM

#441546 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what you said.
You said he would be considered a heretic if he read "non-canonical" works.
I correctly told you that that is not so.
Now you're changing your story.
But he is. You have listed me as such, because I use non-canonical texts.

Please stop twisting your theology to fit what you think it should be.

Catholicism only consideres what they choose to be "true" and all non-canonical, though inspired by "God" are not.

Are you going to refute this?

Albuquerque, NM

#441547 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what you said.
You said he would be considered a heretic if he read "non-canonical" works.
I correctly told you that that is not so.
Now you're changing your story.
maybe I should've asked you instead:

Please list all those texts that are approved by the Catholic Church to be "of God".
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441548 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Again, then GoThomas, Philip, Mary and Judas all should be included, yet they are not, because - MEN CHOSE TO NOT INCLUDE THEM - which blatantly states they chose what "God" was, when in fact, they have no clue on who "God" is, but thought they defined "Him" within the texts chosen.
I'm not sure on how many different ways I need to express this, but if you have not grasped these facts yet, then you are confused about what is "of God" and what is not.
Why do you believe those men chose the correct texts about "God"?
I believe those men chose correctly because they were qualified to and they were led by the HS.
GoThomas has been shown to contradict the Bible, plus it has been shown to have been written well after Thomas had died.
Doesn't mean it's not an interesting read.

Albuquerque, NM

#441549 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what you said:
Post #441486
"If you accept other teachings, then guess what, you aren't Catholic, but only in your own mind.
In fact, you would be considered a heretic if you utilize non-canonical works.
Just ask Regina and Dan."
This is incorrect. Just admit it and move on.
When you can list the texts that Catholicism approves, that is when I will move on.

Until then, JS is a heretic. Not by my standards, but by Catholicism's.

If you refute this, then the onus would be on you to show that he (or yourself) is.

I'll wait......probably along time, because I know you won't post anything that spoils the "truth" you think exists.

But, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Give it a try - and don't forget, be honest.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441550 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
WOW - first you state this....
"I said *public* revelation (revelation meant for the public at large, meaning revelation for everyone universally) stopped when last Apostle died."
...and then in the same breath....
"
Private revelation by the HS happens all the time, and yes, people do have the ability to express God in written form, and yes, even if they are not an Apostle."
Covering all the basics for yourself, huh?
Like I said, you are not a Catholic if you have chosen to believe these things you stated.
Welcome to my world.
Public revelation is what we have in Scripture and Tradition. Even though there is no new public revelation, the Church can progress in deepened understanding of said revelation. This revelation is for all people throughout the ages.

Private revelation is given to individuals and may or may not be relevant to other people. The most the Church can say about someone's private revelation is whether or not it contradicts public revelation.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13001a.htm

Albuquerque, NM

#441551 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what you said:
Post #441486
"If you accept other teachings, then guess what, you aren't Catholic, but only in your own mind.
In fact, you would be considered a heretic if you utilize non-canonical works.
Just ask Regina and Dan."
This is incorrect. Just admit it and move on.
To be Catholic - one is required to abide by two texts - The Catechism and the Bible - the only two authorized "truths" concerning "God" - all others are apocryphal and not "quite truthful" ("suspect") because they are not part of the canon.
- The Catechism - man-made texts
- The Bible - man-made texts

You can deny it all day long, it will not change these facts.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441552 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they talk about the science of God, it's just that it doesn't hit the main stream media.
Here's an example:
http://www.catholic.com/video/why-be-catholic...
That's not the Catholic Church.

If you find anything from the church that refers to the science of God, please post.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441553 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of those works are non-canonical. The others are either part of Scripture or Tradition. None have been "hidden by Rome".
LOL....
He sounds like another one who believes in "conspiracy Christianity" (thanks, Clay!).
That's a new term to me.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441554 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think about the huge increase in ufo sitings this past decade? Have you seen videos from around the world in which you can hear these strange sounds coming from the sky? Do you get the sense that we are on the verge of something big?
No. I think we are more aware of what is going on in our atmosphere, and share almost instant worldwide communication about it all. Until it is defined, it will naturally appear to many as "supernatural".
Of course, we have the deliberate frauds trashing the media for whatever reasons, but it is an actuality that even our government takes seriously, and has for years.

Albuquerque, NM

#441555 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are incorrect.
What nothing to provide that shows I am incorrect?

Typical Catholic.

Always admonishing others, but never with evidence or support.

I think you forgot to check your ego at the door.

Albuquerque, NM

#441556 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The CC doesn't put limitations on the writings of God. Vatican Library has over 75,000 books.
But they sure put a limit on what Jesus taught.

Fail.

Albuquerque, NM

#441557 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
My local public library has many also.

So.

Albuquerque, NM

#441558 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe those men chose correctly because they were qualified to and they were led by the HS.
They were?

Do you have something from "God" that dictates this? You know - a statement by "God" dictating that 300+ bishops have been guided.

I thought you said the HS only guided up and until the Last of the Apostles?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
GoThomas has been shown to contradict the Bible, plus it has been shown to have been written well after Thomas had died.
So was every document that is in the NT, except some of "Paul's" letters - which were also written many years (decades) after Jesus died.

Albuquerque, NM

#441559 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Public revelation is what we have in Scripture and Tradition. Even though there is no new public revelation, the Church can progress in deepened understanding of said revelation. This revelation is for all people throughout the ages.
Private revelation is given to individuals and may or may not be relevant to other people. The most the Church can say about someone's private revelation is whether or not it contradicts public revelation.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13001a.htm
More qualifiers JS?

How 'bout this - list all the qualifiers one must abide by in order to believe as you do.

Do you even understand the points I am trying to convey?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441560 May 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Thoams was an apostle, but gotommy-boy wasn't written by him, it was written by a mystic/new age flame-job some 500 years later.
SELF-WORSHIP (is the very definition of satanism;)
Scholars(who you believe you are more knowledgeable than) have the date of the Gospel of Thomas set at about 80 AD.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#441561 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for posting those links, Regina, the tour was very interesting as was the article. Made my day!
You're welcome! It's neat, isn't it?

I noticed the info I posted about the obelisk in St. Peter's Square wasn't well received by the protestants, lol! Offensive or not, I have to say it....their thinking is very one-dimensional.

The obelisk was moved to the square because it had witnessed the martyrdom of Christians. Once it was moved, it was dedicated to Christ with the words "Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat. Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat."(Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil). On The east and west sides are inscribed exorcist formulas. It is topped by a bronze cross.

It now stands as a memorial to those who gave their lives for Christ and the Gospel....and the protestants think that's evil. It's hard to have patience with such twisted thinking. That's probably why Jesus said to pray for such people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Dr Banonator 56,130
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 7 min Johnny 202
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 8 min WasteWater 2,343
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Hukt on Fonix 971,855
White gay slaves who like black masters (Nov '14) 32 min blackdick 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 39 min Rider on the Storm 182,965
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 59 min Haley 1,981
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr ChristineM 445,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 14 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web