Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
425,141 - 425,160 of 538,823 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

#440978 May 14, 2013
My guess is these two also believe they have travelled out of the universe via telepathy.

They have seen how the world was made ... from where humans came and where they will go after they die.

GEEZ LOUISE! There's no end to self-ingratiating Tomfoolery.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440979 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't think he's a modern Pagan, you are assessing his religion in the reverse.
:)
How's that? C'mon - you seem to want to enlighten me, yet you haven't yet.

BTW -'religion' is such a big word. Let's just keep it simple with 'belief', okay?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440980 May 14, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
I read the article, and more or less you use the same position, and I follow your logic.
In my experience, I have seen someone demon possessed and doing harm to themselves(and drive away hope as defiance, not figuratively, but in actuality.) So for me the position taken by you and the article as only a mental projection/contruct, is not true.
And I suspect you accept that things exist which are unseen, and will remain unseen in this world. So the logic of the argument is inconsistent.
But even if you do not accept the unseen, and that the revelation of an evil intent remains below the surface of things, the continuation of the world, yields the results of evil intentions, and this "seems" to be stressing life on this planet closer to extinction. And thus anti-life disguised within darkness.(It is difficult to go farther.) This anti-life has purpose, and design. Therefore must have being. And the name is Satan/Devil.
It is the attempt of the human mind to "isolate" any mental character that is undesirable [in]to an entity that is removed from the psyche, and therefor the individual is not held responsible for that thought or action.

There is your "satan" It is an integral part of each and every one of you---that you would like to remove yourselves from...and "religion" does that for you.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440981 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, atheists seem to go with the "there is no god and he's evil" premise.
Why did God not reveal himself all at once to everyone simultaneously? Maybe because we couldn't have handled something so mindblowing. He is not a rapist, but a gentleman. I trust that He is merciful to those whose understanding of Him is not very clear, especially if we keep trying to understand Him better as He is, not as we want Him to be.
God is not a vending machine, so don't get pissed off when your prayers (demands) are not instantly answered to your liking. God has His ways and His perogatives. So long as you can't accept the fact that He loves you and wants the best for you, you will be tormented unnecessarily.
Correction... this agnostic says while it's certainly possible a higher power exists, we currently have no evidence of any god.

All of mankind's gods throughout history have proven to be imaginary and imaginary gods are neither good nor evil.

I agree. God is not a vending machine, because vending machines are real. You don't have to make up stories in order to believe vending machines exist.

You reject 99% of all the gods in world history -- all except the god that was most likely drilled into your head since childhood.

You claim to have intimate knowledge of this god, with answers to some of the most profound questions in the Universe. Wow!

Here's the problem. You have no evidence beyond your imagination. If you did have factual evidence, then the world would beat a path to your door. You would also collect millions of dollars in reward money that various religious institutions have put up for real proof.

Good for you, because you'll soon be wealthy -- or you're simply delusional.

Albuquerque, NM

#440982 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I presume a lot from what I read. And it seems that you and Black Thunder are pompous asses in talking over other people's heads as though you know each other's secret knowledge.
Silly people.
JohnfmNJ - is that you?

And no - their is no "secret knowledge" - it is already visible.

You [Self] just need to be motivated enough to go and seek it.

It really isn't that difficult to do.

a. Be honest with yourself and others.
b. Do what you like to do, to be happy.
c. Love others, as you would like to be done to you.
d. Offer help to others when you are able to.
e. Smile.
f. Give a child a toy to really see joy and love.

All very simple day-to-day tasks that anyone can do and live to do. All will also be catalysts and factor to achieving a wonderful life.

"Secret knowledge" - no - just common sense.

Location hidden

#440983 May 14, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
A couple of examples:
In the Mahabarata, wasn't it Arjuna that blew the horn of war, and shot the arrows that destroyed both sides? Have you read the Bhagavad-Gita?
Egypt's Thutmosis II marched in the name of their gods to Meggido to conquer.(Note on Armeggedon). And Egypt's goddess of war was Neith.
I thin you are correct that there is a connection to what you are writing however, in that humanity uses the name of God to go to war, and mainly this is for economic/resource reasons.(In ancient times the world seemed endless.) But as we know the world is finite, and resouces are becoming less, are people going to be "tricked" into war in the name of God? What is your opinion?
I think you understand.
It is always asset that is the real cause...and religion is used to motivate the forces (to the death).
How convenient.

Albuquerque, NM

#440984 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is these two also believe they have travelled out of the universe via telepathy.
They have seen how the world was made ... from where humans came and where they will go after they die.
GEEZ LOUISE! There's no end to self-ingratiating Tomfoolery.
Telepathy is the transmitting or reading of another person's mind without verbal speak.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telepathy

No - I am unable to do that, but I do find it odd, for the past 30 years, I've noticed that I finish other's sentences, usually provide them with a certain need before they physically ask me for it, and damn - am I one lucky sonofabiotch - I seem to win everything I enter a drawing for.*shrugs*

Telepathy may be instilled in me, but since I've never been tested scientifically, I really can't say.

What you are trying to say with this, isn't telepathy, but can be included in an "out of body experience" or possibly "remote viewing". And yes I do believe some people do have these "special abilities" and can be honed enough to be proficient at it. Have I ever met anyone personally like this? No I haven't.

I learned a long time ago that a closed mine will only see darkness.

*whispers* Please try and stay focused on the topic.

Thanks!

Smithers, Canada

#440985 May 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right though - I am not a Pagan.
That's right ... keep us guessing. It seems you might be a Christian-modernized Pagan. Ex-Catholic probably ... Christian lite ... Pagan heavy.

This is really fun, and very moving.

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#440986 May 14, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
One out of every two babies - killed by God before age 10.
Then came modern medical science.
Those were children already born. So why aren't you angry at your "loving god?"
Plus, the Bible tells us that an unborn fetus is not the same as a conceived human. Did you know that?
Get your delusions straight.
I'm not sure why you think God killed them, I certainly don't.

And I didn't mention the bible.

Smithers, Canada

#440987 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I learned a long time ago that a closed mine will only see darkness.
My guess is, it's the Christian part of you that persuades you that you see light. The Jesus-call has rubbed off on you. Are you feeling the Judaism flowing your vains?

Smithers, Canada

#440988 May 14, 2013
through your vains

Smithers, Canada

#440989 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
JohnfmNJ - is that you?
And no - their is no "secret knowledge" - it is already visible.
You [Self] just need to be motivated enough to go and seek it.
It really isn't that difficult to do.
a. Be honest with yourself and others.
b. Do what you like to do, to be happy.
c. Love others, as you would like to be done to you.
d. Offer help to others when you are able to.
e. Smile.
f. Give a child a toy to really see joy and love.
All very simple day-to-day tasks that anyone can do and live to do. All will also be catalysts and factor to achieving a wonderful life.
"Secret knowledge" - no - just common sense.
That's quite a sermon. But it can't complete with the sermon told by Catholics that Jesus the Jew told his followers that only through belief in Catholicism can they be saved.

Now THAT is class A ... B.S.

Location hidden

#440990 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perception you are full of B.S.... not knowledge.
UH HUH.
It sure shows HUH?
All I see of you is rhetoric...no substance at all.
WQhat information have you contributed to the thread and what have I.

I will let the posts speak for themselves.

Feel free to jump in and contribute facts or history anytime you like.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#440991 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I guess this is one of the way "God's Plan" is controlling the population, huh?
Why do you think "God" allows abortions to continue?
Hmmm, population control...maybe He should just direct a smallish meteorite our way?

Why do think God allows any form of evil?

Smithers, Canada

#440992 May 14, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction... this agnostic says while it's certainly possible a higher power exists, we currently have no evidence of any god.
All of mankind's gods throughout history have proven to be imaginary and imaginary gods are neither good nor evil.
I agree. God is not a vending machine, because vending machines are real. You don't have to make up stories in order to believe vending machines exist.
You reject 99% of all the gods in world history -- all except the god that was most likely drilled into your head since childhood.
You claim to have intimate knowledge of this god, with answers to some of the most profound questions in the Universe. Wow!
Here's the problem. You have no evidence beyond your imagination. If you did have factual evidence, then the world would beat a path to your door. You would also collect millions of dollars in reward money that various religious institutions have put up for real proof.
Good for you, because you'll soon be wealthy -- or you're simply delusional.
Brilliant ... with no sugar-coating.

Smithers, Canada

#440993 May 14, 2013
From my perception, we can't know what happens until it happens.

Location hidden

#440994 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't think he's a modern Pagan, you are assessing his religion in the reverse.
Just what religion is that June(god)? It seems you are all knowing.
You surely copied it a long time ago when I posted my belief, so you could use it against me if given the chance, so lets have it.
Please don't dally.

Location hidden

#440995 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I presume a lot from what I read. And it seems that you and Black Thunder are pompous asses in talking over other people's heads as though you know each other's secret knowledge.
Silly people.
I think you had better look in the mirror lil' june.

Location hidden

#440996 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks HB for just commenting. You are right though - I am not a Pagan.
If you are not a Christer, you are a Pagan(heathen)-by Christian standards.
I found this out over my 63 years of interaction.

Smithers, Canada

#440997 May 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH.
It sure shows HUH?
All I see of you is rhetoric...no substance at all.
WQhat information have you contributed to the thread and what have I.
I will let the posts speak for themselves.
Feel free to jump in and contribute facts or history anytime you like.
Where are your facts??? In books of your own choosing?

You are no different than Christians that quote scripture to supposedly prove they own knowledge.

You refer me to books rather than discussing issues that would either prove you have knowledge, or that you just believe you have knowledge.

If I read the books you advise and came back to you and said I didn't get any knowledge from them, my guess is, you would comment that it's because I didn't comprehend the meanings of the words.

Does that sound familiar to you? It's the word-game played by all those who claim their own holy books are full of knowledge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Dr_Zorderz 257,876
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min WasteWater 94,650
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min Uzi 117,958
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min yon 2,417
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Buck Crick 732,813
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 16 min WasteWater 4,330
Last Word + 2 20 min andet1987 495
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min mike 599,847
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min Thinking 226,288
•••