Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691959 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#441200 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is, we are only as kind as circumstances allow, and that could change in one moment. Under different circumstances we become a new self ... one that we might not like, but that we now understand is of the selfish will that comes with the need to survive.
It's nice to have a good self-image ... but at the same time being aware that we could (for instance) be a serial killer ... if circumstances were to change.
Much clearer and I tend to agree with this point.

What we show on the outside is not always what we are, on the 'inside'.

Arial Castro has shown us this trait.

Hopefully, we will see more people turning to honesty because of this horrendous act that took place.

Albuquerque, NM

#441201 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you realize why you believe all other religions are false, you will understand why I believe yours is false.
Why then?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#441202 May 15, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Can an omniscient, omnipotent, eternal, timeless, boundless, limitless, and uncontained Entity create that which it doesn't already know?
How does omniscience not connote direct involvement in day to day occurrences -- to the most finite degree?
......because omniscience doesn't equate to micromanagement.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441203 May 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the link HB - interesting.
To add - "Earth is currently losing something on the order of 30,000 species per year — which breaks down to the even more daunting statistic of some three species per hour."
- that is an amazing number and comparison.
IMO - screw the insects - they are pests anyhow....*winks*.....as for other species, I can understand the issue witht he loss of ecosystems.
But, according to the biblical account, "God" gave us domain over all animals, so it sounds like "He" too thinks we humans are still "okay".
Unless you now want to go against "God".
Hmmmm......OR - the account in the Bible is completely wrong, and "God" now has changed "His" mind on that statement??!!
As you can see - contradictions are visible even in this minor text.
Humans will eventually take over every living area and space, and animals will be destroyed, well, except for puppies and kittens, most people like these.
:o)
I think you need to do more research and comparisons to really introduce an "extinction" is the works.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

It is hard to be objective in the case of mass extinction, especially when one is within it.

I can give you anecdotal experience, but as you agree, that humanity is crowding out the rest of the creatures, that means in the end, the collapse is on the horizon.

We are biblically supposed to take care of the earth and its creatures, and not eliminate them. Since Adam(humanity) walked out from the Garden of Eden, the world is becoming more barren, and full of weeds and thistles.

Albuquerque, NM

#441204 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you choose the links that suit your religious beliefs.
It's the same with those who choose the scriptures that suit their own beliefs.
It doesn't take telepathy to know that we all choose to associate with those who have the same points of view as do we.
I am now an Atheist, so I relate to those who don't believe in the existence of any deities whatsoever.
When I was under the spell of religion, I related to those who had the same beliefs as the ones that pleased me.
It's just the way it goes.
Then you and I are different.

I can relate to the Atheistic view, as well as, the religious view.

Seems to me, that you have me pegged incorrectly.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#441205 May 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you ask women about their vaginas and pubic hair on WINLAC ?
You are a pathetic joke.
please don't be jealous, DOG! we can talk about your vagina here too if you wish:-)

Albuquerque, NM

#441206 May 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
If what you say is correct then it is because of selfishness, and the desire to seek and maintain one's own comfort.
You then deny self-sacrifice, and love.
Definitely, we all fall short of perfection, but if free-will exists, then circumstances do not dictate one's course, though the ride may be rough.
The words of logic.

.....and Self in action!

Thanks!

There are no religions in the world, only actions by humans - which are Self.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#441207 May 15, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going in circles.
Yes, I know the difference between an atheist and agnostic. That's why I made it clear in my post It doesn't sound like you do.
I made sure to state that we cannot know, but in your last sentence, you write how I "keep insisting God does not exist."
Maybe less religion and more reading comprehension would help.
Oops, I forgot. You already claim to have the answers to God and the Universe. No comprehension required, just belief.
Belief in what? Don't ask.
You made a claim
(that it's been proven all gods don't exist)
I ask you to provide the proof
And instead of backing your claim,
you accuse me of making claims I never made.
Whose going in circles?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#441208 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't bother me when people post the scriptures that reflect their own desires. I just don't read them.
they are not my desires,like i said was making a point about a second coming,and it had to involve scripture.

Albuquerque, NM

#441209 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that evil exists, then rest assured that others might see YOU as evil.
I don't cotton to the word evil. I use the word selfishness in place of the word evil, and if we look at the self "in balance," we will see the same selfishness there as we see in others.
For instance ... if I had been one of the early popes, I would have ordered the killing of supposed heretics and witches ... and I have no doubt I would have believed I was cleansing the earth of evil to please my very one and only REAL GOD.
We are programmed by those around us, and there is often nothing we can do to be better than our programming allows.
You were the one who brought up "evil", not me.

Yes June - that is your Self again.

Damn that Self!

Albuquerque, NM

#441210 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that evil exists, then rest assured that others might see YOU as evil.
And you are right about this.....they probably do.

But that would probably be because I am against the ability of the RCC to provide salvation to its followers.

If you were to read many of the responses to my posts - you will see that.

Do I really care what I am called? Not in the slightest. I know who and what I am, so their input is really irrelevant, but noted, as I think good and bad criticism is good to help build a better person - namely myself.

You probably don't see it this way, and that is alright too. You get to believe what you choose, right? As you already have.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#441211 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Murdering children because of starvation is just one reason people murder their children.
It happens in America by parents who for all outside appearances seem to care for their children.
this is true every country is afflicted with this problem,i just read recently that the feds caught a man who was setting his house up in order to kidnap abuse and then eat children.

Albuquerque, NM

#441212 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You will believe whatever serves your comfort the best.
So do you. You've clearly shown it here.

Well, at least now that is resolved, we can move past this point - because we all can agree "we get to choose what to believe, because we each get to choose."

What's up next?

Oh yeah - the above - Self.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441213 May 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
If you treat one another as one of Pavlov's dogs, then that is what you will get in return.
Being saved is not the first priority of the Christian life. But since you generalize concerning religion, then of course it is your opinion.
Conscience does have its limits within being informed, and in a true sense invincible ignorance can be a shield, so the formation of conscience and the continuing education of it is part of a Christian life.
Such blather.

You would like to believe that your religion allows you to know what others of your faith can't possibly know.

Arrogance is your venue and it resides only in your mind.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441215 May 15, 2013
This forum needs more people like you.
Thanks for posting.
<quoted text>
It can be perceived this way.
We all live, and we all die. These are the products of being alive. Why fight or fear death if we know it will occur? We should fight to live and accept death as part of the process.
How this is applied in the future, I can only guess, but I can surmise that with the way technology and medicine has been moving like a bullet train, I can expect lives will be lasting longer, thus changing the role of society.
<quoted text>
I do. Humans cannot do nothing without it.
For example - just sitting in a chair and not doing anything will accomplish what? Just sitting in a chair. It requires a person to utilize his/her mind to make any attempt to do something - this is Self. Just like the world's people - individual or as a whole - nothing is done (individually or as a team effort) without actually taking action.
Self.
<quoted text>
I'm not sure I quite understand this question.
In some eyes - physical death becomes a spiritual life, whereas a spiritual death is the absence of spirituality (in some regard) OR - in a so-called "Christians" eyes,'spiritual death' is the turning your back on "God".
- I don't believe the latter.
- Spirituality is free will and a product of the mind, the consciousness. Spirituality is Self.
<quoted text>
To achieve one's salvation is still a mystery to me, on how it can be solidified - if even it can be. Maybe there isn't any salvation at all, and we all just 'disapper'. June probably has this notion within her. I'm not that pessimistic, as I like to consider myself as more objective than that.
I'm the one who thinks the glass is half full.
Cheers!

I agree with much of your thinking.

I would add, that because we are bound by the flesh, and for the most part, overcome by the senses(including the intellect), our limits of seeing an individual and collective outcome for humanity past death are very confined.(Biblically," we see but in a mirror dimly.")

But also in Biblical Christianity salvation is not by works, but in accepting Truth( if that is a work, then so be it), and is expressed in loving God and neighbor, which allows Love to be the center of one's own self.

So there is a point of intersection through which we can commonly discuss, with perhaps different words with similar meanings.(At least I think so.)
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441216 May 15, 2013
I just watched a program called "truth seekers."

On the program it showed how the air-force was doing tests on pilots concerning what happened to them when they pass-out from the blood leaving their brains from extreme Gravitational-force.

When the pilots came back to conscious-awareness, some of them told of having the same experiences as those who claim to have had near-death experiences.

They saw relatives on earth and ones that were deceased. And they felt euphoric and saw bright lights, etc.

Scientists explained it as a natural state of what occurs when the brain is deprived of oxygen.

Many in religion are anxious to attach their theology to the issue ... but my guess is, the more scientists study the phenomena, the more they will conclude it has nothing in common with religion.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441218 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
The words of logic.
.....and Self in action!
Thanks!
There are no religions in the world, only actions by humans - which are Self.

Ah. Yet is it the Creature, that seeks its Creator?

Or is our attention drawn from imperfections in oneself, to a Perfect Creator, and that becomes religion?
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441219 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Incorrect again, those who did the killing - used "God" as their commander, not Jesus.
And they wanted people to believe that a Jew named Jesus supported the killing.

Albuquerque, NM

#441220 May 15, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>You can start with Moses on the mount, praying to God for guidence. Thus came the ten commandments.
A text is not proof that an occurrance happened.

You'll have to go 'deeper' than that.

How do you know the text you read is accurate?
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441221 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Much clearer and I tend to agree with this point.
What we show on the outside is not always what we are, on the 'inside'.
Arial Castro has shown us this trait.
Hopefully, we will see more people turning to honesty because of this horrendous act that took place.
To someone else, your honesty might be perceived as a lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Trump Whines 46,034
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min onemale 286,686
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr trumpthedotard 990,667
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr trumpthedotard 6,692
"Can I have a minute..I wanna flee...?!.uh writ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 4 hr Edthirty 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Dec 2017 News 619,839
More from around the web