Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646625 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441152 May 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
1. extinction?= far from it. as of 2011 - 6,973,738,433 live on this planet. A lot of people will have to be dead before your claim come to fruition. Why do you hope for destruction? Life is a much better position to dwell in.
2. "anti-life" - live in love, and the life around you will begin to show you their role in this world. I hope you won't be surprised when you realize that there is more love in the world than what you think.
Isn't Self, crazy-wild!!??
New Age Spiritual Leader:

Extinction: As ecosystems and biodiversity disappear, there is an obvious stress on life on this planet.(Its called the "6th" extinction.)

An example:

http://www.actionbioscience.org/newfrontiers/...

I don't think I am pessimistic when it comes to life, and love on this planet. I realize the newer forms of religion are a part of modern trends, and these will continue.

But there are, it seems to me, forces unleashed which are anti-life, and anti-love, which have grown in power as knowledge has grown.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441153 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't preach that what I read in books is sacred to me and therefore has to be perceived as sacred to others.
That is the difference.
I post quotes from many different authors on many different subjects, and even I don't always agree with the contents of what I post.
Bible thumpers take ONLY favorite scriptures from the bible and ignore the other scriptures as though they don't exist.
You don't play fair at all, and you seem to believe that habit is the stuff of holiness???
I think NOT.
Yeah you do you have flooded this thread with the quotes you have taken from them.
Just as much as we post scripture, so were is that different June.
then what you are doing.
You seem to think Christianity is a belief, it is not its away of life.
Your the one under the assumptions that Christians are perfect or think they are, that isn't true, far from it.
There is only one Holy Righteous God that is what I believe.
He is my Heavenly Father.
It is my right to believe in Jesus and you have the same rights not to believe so what's your problem.
YTubeNews

AOL

#441154 May 15, 2013

Final Prophecies & MIDEAST WAR Ready ----

http://youtu.be/tyLAVfcckcw

Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441155 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
You'll talk about how the Self is important, yet you refute it daily. Why?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

Eschatologically speaking, both the individual and humanity as a whole are moving toward "life and death". So both of these sense an identity of the here and now, to the future.

You might call that identity the Self.

But is there a distinction in the future of those moving towards spiritual death, and spiritual life? And is it within ourselves, or the stars(as Shakespeare puts it), in God that are both destinies?
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#441156 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?!
Do you think that they may have been the ones who fused our two genes, making us different than apes?
What do you believe they may have taught us?
How about farming and irrigation.
How about writing?
How about measure and mathematics?
How about harmonics?
How about succession of the bloodline?
how about metallurgy?
How about where we came from and the basic science of it?
How about genetics?
Many ancient texts tell us specifically about those teachings...however none of those teachings are in the canons.
I wonder why not.
I think they taught humans a lot of things, as you listed. Technology which we don't even have today. How to make the pyramids, for one. Check out those huge cut stone megaliths. And other things.
If it weren't written in the Bible about the giants, I'd probably not entertain the notion. But since it's there, I can't deny the very real possibility. And there is something about dna involved as well. That's why Jesus' bloodline was so important.
Also, in the Bible Jesus says that in the end times it will be as in the days of Noah. So, I believe that these aliens/fallen angels/demons (whatever you call them) will reveal themselves to mankind and tell us that we come from them and they are here to save us and to give us technology to live forever.
This I believe is the great deception that is written about in the Bible. The mark of the beast.
Some might call me crazy, and I understand it does sound out of this world.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441157 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the attempt of the human mind to "isolate" any mental character that is undesirable [in]to an entity that is removed from the psyche, and therefor the individual is not held responsible for that thought or action.
There is your "satan" It is an integral part of each and every one of you---that you would like to remove yourselves from...and "religion" does that for you.
Black Thunder 42:

What you are describing is pride and hypocrisy.

If you think they are only human inventions and there are no spiritual beings capable of pride and hypocrisy, then that is another issue.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441158 May 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
At which point the Catholics began systematically exterminating all forms of Christianity, murdering those who would not accept the authority of the Catholic Church and burning all scriptures other than their own.
The Catholics not only murdered other Christians. They murdered all those of other religions who would not conform to Catholicism.

And they wanted people to believe that a Jew named Jesus supported the killing.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441159 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
In addition to Gnostic, Jewish, and Pauline Christianity, there were already many other versions of Christianity being taught. After the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD, the Jewish Christian movement was scattered. Pauline and Gnostic Christianity were left as the dominant groups.
The Roman Empire legally recognized Pauline Christianity as a valid religion in 313 AD. Later in that century, in 380 AD, Roman Catholicism became the official religion of the Roman Empire. During the following 1000 years, Catholics were the only people recognized as Christians.
http://christianity.about.com/od/denomination...
This is who your remind me of June,

Madalyn Murray O'Hair , your hatred for anything other then what you believe. Matches hers.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441160 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Why? Does it frustrate you that I do?
Always worrying about others. That is so nice and wonderful.
Has it paid off for you? You must get some thank you cards in the mail from all over the place showing gratitude, right?
I for one am thankful you are here to admonish me. I don't think there is anywhere I would rather have that applied to me.
Don't you agree?
BTW - all that was from my Self. Yes I do know it.
My point is, we are only as kind as circumstances allow, and that could change in one moment. Under different circumstances we become a new self ... one that we might not like, but that we now understand is of the selfish will that comes with the need to survive.

It's nice to have a good self-image ... but at the same time being aware that we could (for instance) be a serial killer ... if circumstances were to change.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441161 May 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is who your remind me of June,
Madalyn Murray O'Hair , your hatred for anything other then what you believe. Matches hers.
When you realize why you believe all other religions are false, you will understand why I believe yours is false.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441162 May 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're making a HUGE assumption here, that if there were a god it has left us aimless.
i do NOT believe that, but have found the Bible to be an enormous help for navigating life, both now and into eternity.
"I AM not leaving you as orphans, but I will send the Holy Spirit and He shall guide you into all Truth" Jesus
Is that why you ask women about their vaginas and pubic hair on WINLAC ?

You are a pathetic joke.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441163 May 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it, or place your neck under my foot where it belongs;)
Just like a Christian, threat violence when you are proven wrong.

Such a POS religion.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#441164 May 15, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction... this agnostic says while it's certainly possible a higher power exists, we currently have no evidence of any god.
All of mankind's gods throughout history have proven to be imaginary and imaginary gods are neither good nor evil.
I agree. God is not a vending machine, because vending machines are real. You don't have to make up stories in order to believe vending machines exist.
You reject 99% of all the gods in world history -- all except the god that was most likely drilled into your head since childhood.
You claim to have intimate knowledge of this god, with answers to some of the most profound questions in the Universe. Wow!
Here's the problem. You have no evidence beyond your imagination. If you did have factual evidence, then the world would beat a path to your door. You would also collect millions of dollars in reward money that various religious institutions have put up for real proof.
Good for you, because you'll soon be wealthy -- or you're simply delusional.
I was talking about atheists, not agnostics. There is a difference.
You claim that all of mankind's gods have been proven imaginary. Where is the proof, please?

Here's the problem, you have no evidence beyond your imagination that God does not exist.
When you keep insisting God does not exist, it just makes you look...well...delusional.
Thanks.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441165 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
I guessed you would answer in the way you did. And I was right.
I must have telepathy.
Thanks for responding.
Of course you choose the links that suit your religious beliefs.

It's the same with those who choose the scriptures that suit their own beliefs.

It doesn't take telepathy to know that we all choose to associate with those who have the same points of view as do we.

I am now an Atheist, so I relate to those who don't believe in the existence of any deities whatsoever.

When I was under the spell of religion, I related to those who had the same beliefs as the ones that pleased me.

It's just the way it goes.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441166 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is, we are only as kind as circumstances allow, and that could change in one moment. Under different circumstances we become a new self ... one that we might not like, but that we now understand is of the selfish will that comes with the need to survive.
It's nice to have a good self-image ... but at the same time being aware that we could (for instance) be a serial killer ... if circumstances were to change.
June VanDerMark:

If what you say is correct then it is because of selfishness, and the desire to seek and maintain one's own comfort.

You then deny self-sacrifice, and love.

Definitely, we all fall short of perfection, but if free-will exists, then circumstances do not dictate one's course, though the ride may be rough.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441167 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Nah - I normally don't get involved with "evil" things.
If you believe that evil exists, then rest assured that others might see YOU as evil.

I don't cotton to the word evil. I use the word selfishness in place of the word evil, and if we look at the self "in balance," we will see the same selfishness there as we see in others.

For instance ... if I had been one of the early popes, I would have ordered the killing of supposed heretics and witches ... and I have no doubt I would have believed I was cleansing the earth of evil to please my very one and only REAL GOD.

We are programmed by those around us, and there is often nothing we can do to be better than our programming allows.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441168 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you choose the links that suit your religious beliefs.
It's the same with those who choose the scriptures that suit their own beliefs.
It doesn't take telepathy to know that we all choose to associate with those who have the same points of view as do we.
I am now an Atheist, so I relate to those who don't believe in the existence of any deities whatsoever.
When I was under the spell of religion, I related to those who had the same beliefs as the ones that pleased me.
It's just the way it goes.
June VanDerMark:

So for you its all relative.

But if all is relative, then there are no absolutes. And then all cannot be relative.

Within a finite world, can there exist an infinite world? Experientially we perceive limits, yet if we conceive of infinity, such a perception exists as well.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441169 May 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
If what you say is correct then it is because of selfishness, and the desire to seek and maintain one's own comfort.
Of course it's all about our own comforts.

Your religion teaches you that if you follow what your theologians taught as truth, you will achieve salvation and others will go to hell.

You cling to your religion in hopes that you will be saved.

That is all about your own comfort.

As a child I would not accept that a god would send his own "children" to hell.

My comfort was to listen to my conscience.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441170 May 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
So for you its all relative.
But if all is relative, then there are no absolutes. And then all cannot be relative.
Within a finite world, can there exist an infinite world? Experientially we perceive limits, yet if we conceive of infinity, such a perception exists as well.
You will believe whatever serves your comfort the best.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441171 May 15, 2013
Some people believe that previous civilizations on earth were far advanced ahead of ours, and they take from that idea, that the humans were far more brilliant than humans of today.

I believe it's possible that human civilizations knew of scientific advancement far superior to our scientific advancements. But I don't believe the humans were more brilliant than are the humans of today.

Scientists simply learn from the successes and failures of previous scientists, and maybe the scientists of earlier civilizations advanced beyond where science has taken us today, before they destroyed everything and had to once again ... start over again.

But I doubt that humans ever were more intelligent, as humans all suffer from tunnel vision, and that is not likely to change.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth — rocks!

Albert Einstein

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min Brian_G 445,722
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min It aint necessari... 48,755
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 22 min RiccardoFire 44,695
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 55 min RiversideRedneck 971,696
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Voyeur 38,756
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 105,621
Moving companies provide a Shifting solution th... (Sep '15) 1 hr jorvajor 8
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 5 hr KellyP_Onuandher 2,063
More from around the web