Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
424,921 - 424,940 of 533,291 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Reading one thing, by definition, doesn't make one "well - read".
Why would you ask me this?
NASL noted that he has informed his beliefs from a variety of sources. I believe him to be well-read by his disclosure of same.
I was asking you the question, not someone else.

If you are not well-read by studying your bible ... how do believe you can become well-read?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You are a congenital liar ...If theological jargon, meant nothing to you
you would be an avowed atheist...
The proof that you are not an atheist is the fact that you are
continually acknowledging God in your attempt to disprove Him.
A PERSON DOES NOT MAKE AN EFFORT TO DISPROVE THAT WHICH DOES NOT EXIST..
I used to believe in the existence of a god, but those days are over.

"Theological jargon" is a term I don't use lightly.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very different than using words in your bible to preach that others are evil and lost and you are saved.
Well, again, you're projecting things upon me that I haven't said and demanding I respond to them.

My point with the sky thing was that if someone's wrong, I can let it slide or I can tell them what I think and get a dialogue going.

This IS a discussion board.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking you the question, not someone else.
If you are not well-read by studying your bible ... how do believe you can become well-read?
By reading more than one book.

Think I said that already.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

If you can't see that theologians were and are trouble-makers ... you don't want to see.

The very books that we were taught were all about love, have created nothing but right-fighting, division ... attitudes of divide and conquer, torture, imprisonment and murder.

Something is very wrong with this picture.

There is nothing holy about those books.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
If you can't see that theologians were and are trouble-makers ... you don't want to see.
The very books that we were taught were all about love, have created nothing but right-fighting, division ... attitudes of divide and conquer, torture, imprisonment and murder.
Water is wet, June.

Human nature is what it is.

Blaming a book for something bad puts you right there with fundamentalists of every sort.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans start out in the womb as one cell. Without that one cell, we couldn't exist.
if in fact you're defending the premortal slime theory, June, you shouldn't be offended if i refer to you as "Slimey" then, should you?:)
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you place qualifiers on life? You shouldn't.
Free will dictates this.
I mean your choices dictate what you do.
Prayer is different to each of us.
- prayer can be meditation
- prayer can be thankfulness
- prayer can be a threat ("I pray that you are not going to do that..."
Prayer can be many things, but not once has it been proven to have been used in a resolution. This experiment can bring many things to fruition, and hopefully encapsulates a connection with "God" - yet you choose not to.
I never said anything about "tempting God", but you sure went right to that extreme immediately. Why? Fear.
Being closed minded is not going to give you the answers for the questions you have yet to ask. Fear brings dismay.
Self.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

I do place qualifiers on prayers to God. It is sort of common sense to not pray for the sun to not shine, electrons to stop, suffering to cease, to stop free-will, change the nature of Creation, etc.

But I agree with your statement, "Being closed minded is not going to give you the answers for the questions you have yet to ask." However, if you think qualifying one's prayers to God is restricting(free-will), or being closed-minded, then I understand your perspective.

Yes there is an element of fear, fear of God, as if I were to tempt God, He may reciprocate, and allow Satan to tempt me.(Remember Jesus' Prayer for us, "...and lead us not into temptation,".

It sort of goes back to Jesus in the Wilderness telling Satan to not tempt God.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if in fact you're defending the premortal slime theory, June, you shouldn't be offended if i refer to you as "Slimey" then, should you?:)
No, I'm not offended.

I don't offense on a forum.

If we aren't offending each other something is wrong.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Water is wet, June.
Blaming a book for something bad puts you right there with fundamentalists of every sort.
When you stop believing that you are saved and others are evil, I'll stop blaming the book from which you take that nonsense.

If the book didn't exist, you wouldn't take pride in believing such utter nonsense.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
By reading more than one book.
Think I said that already.
The Qur'an?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, again, you're projecting things upon me that I haven't said and demanding I respond to them.
My point with the sky thing was that if someone's wrong, I can let it slide or I can tell them what I think and get a dialogue going.
This IS a discussion board.
Then I will ask the question that seems obvious to me. Do you, or do you not believe that you will be saved, and others will be lost to salvation?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Water is wet, June.
I agree. Whether people are in religion or not, our innate nature is to be selfish.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you stop believing that you are saved and others are evil, I'll stop blaming the book from which you take that nonsense.
If the book didn't exist, you wouldn't take pride in believing such utter nonsense.
Well, then stop blaming the book now.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Qur'an?
What about it?

I've not read the Koran in its entirety. Already mentioned that.

"Well-read" doesn't mean one's read everything there is to read.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly a God who created this world has both control over it and access to it.
"God" only created this world in one ancient text.

There is no proof of this.

Just like there is no proof that our world is a "bleed off" from another dimension.

Just like there is no proof that approx 13.4 billion years ago, a special moment occurred and caused the universe.

You speculation is fun to converrse with, but making emphatically "truthful" statements, is a not being honest with yourself or others.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I will ask the question that seems obvious to me. Do you, or do you not believe that you will be saved, and others will be lost to salvation?
I believe that there is the hope of salvation. It is possible for me and for others.

I am not in position to say who will be among those "saved or unsaved" as it isn't my decision.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered the question twice.
Third time now
Yes, I believe that Muslims and Christians believe in a different holy spirit. I believe this as Islamic sources told me that this is indeed the fact.
Do you have another question or do I have to answer this one 10 times?
How can there be different Holy Spirits, if the Muslim one is the true one and yours is not?

I thought there is only one "God" and one Holy Spirit......hmmmm....I don't think you are being guided by the correct Holy Spirit then, as you have a belief in two different ones.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
June VanderMark:

Your love of overgeneralizations, is the problem with being logical in your writings.

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_451

Its obvious you want everyone to join you? Or is that being to overgeneralized a question? Haha.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is a God and someone makes a request to Him, then the possible answers would be yes, no, or not now.
You realize that we can resolve this question with a simple prayer experiment, right?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have kids? Aren't those the 3 choices you have when answering one of their requests?
First off, when I raised kids - I would give them all the answers up front. I wouldn't just give them your choices and make then answer. One cannot make an accurate decision if the information isn't present.

Your analogy is irrelevant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

457 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min Catcher1 172,512
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min karl44 721,917
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 11 min mahesh 420
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min An NFL Fan 115,482
Umpipi Omkhulu 18 min lindo 4
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 19 min I am a Watsonian 147
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 45 min hazem selawi 38,478
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 224,514
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 256,838
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr SimmerExtreme 85
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••