Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596422 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#440607 May 13, 2013
I have another two guest my pigeons..they love each other..oh cmock.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#440608 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautiful!
Thank you!
I would enjoy being at the ocean at sunrise again. It is something you have to experience in person. There are no words to explain it.
So true my friend, and so peaceful... Hugs,:)
mad kaffer

UK

#440609 May 14, 2013
All I know is that pope is a free mason ,he is the C.E.O of illuminati his giving fuckd up orders to the world
Clay

United States

#440610 May 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"fanatical pamphlets?????!!!!!"
Catholic National July 1895.
Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20, 1894,
Labbe and Cossart's "History of the Councils." Vol. XIV, col. 109
Extravagantes of Pope John XXII, title 14, chapter 4,
La Civilta Cattolica, March 18, 1871.
Bishop Dunn
Those were clearly snippets that someone isolated. Ignoring everything before and after. They were written a 150 yrs ago. Your team uses it for deception and you know it.
Clay

United States

#440611 May 14, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC claims that the pope is infallible when he speaks for the Islamic chair they call the chair of St. Peter.
Many preposterous claims have been made in various Catholic publications and I have quoted some. I find MOST Catholics are ignorant of their religion. I know quite a few Catholics and most don't believe much of the Bible. So why would I ask one?
Besides, I just quoted some VERY RECENT statements by the RCC system. Not from 1895.
The ironic thing is you think YOUR speaking without error when interpreting sacred scriptures. In fact, so did your David Koresh; so does oldG; so does Confrint. Your all a bunch of hypocrites who take on more authority than any of our Popes put together.

Jesus Christ clearly made Peter the leader. Peter was the rock and you can't refute it unless you twist the scriptures to mean opposite of what was actually taught.
Clay

United States

#440612 May 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
These are your popes not mine. Make all the excuses you want to make but truth is truth.
Here are the verses for you Cly....
II Timothy 3:16-17, 16 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
You said Cly, quote, ""All Scripture is useful". Yes, I agree. Where does it say its the only thing?" End quote Cly.
Where does the Bible say there is another thing and what is the other thing, Cly?
Nope OldG, I don't see where Christ taught 'Bible Alone' as the sole source of authority on His Ministry. You've provided nothing.

The writings from 150 yrs ago you dug up, are manipulated to cast the Catholic Church in a bad light. This is classic 18th and 19th century protestant methods. You isolated lines and put them on your pamphlets for distribution to the neighbors. its called deception Mr. G, and that's the only way you guys can have a religion. I know the Holy Spirit doesn't use deception. So get rid of whatever Spirit is causing you to be deceitful.
truth

Perth, Australia

#440613 May 14, 2013
every spirit is not holy remember that..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#440614 May 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope OldG, I don't see where Christ taught 'Bible Alone' as the sole source of authority on His Ministry. You've provided nothing.
The writings from 150 yrs ago you dug up, are manipulated to cast the Catholic Church in a bad light. This is classic 18th and 19th century protestant methods. You isolated lines and put them on your pamphlets for distribution to the neighbors. its called deception Mr. G, and that's the only way you guys can have a religion. I know the Holy Spirit doesn't use deception. So get rid of whatever Spirit is causing you to be deceitful.
You spend you opinions freely ....and that is all you have ...YOUR OPINIONS

YOU HAVE NO QUALMS .... IN DEMEANING JESUS CHRIST and injecting what ever fable your infidel heart desires in the events if His sojourn upon the earth...

You GIVE SO MUCH ATTENTION TO the stage props and the supporting actors, THAT THE STAR OF THE EVENT IS BECOMES MEANINGLESS, VAGUE, AND
OF LESSER IMPORTANCE...

On the mount of transfiguration GOD THE FATHER told your alleged leader
(that you have attempted to place in equal position, with GOD'S MESSIAH,)

your leader said...
Mat 17:4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Mat 17:6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.

Question

Just how many tabernacles; ... is it ...that you Roman Catholics have attempted to build...

HOW MANY? ARE THE RELIGIOUS BUREAUCRATS AND CORRUPTIBLE EARTHLY little gods.....(CHARACTERS AND PAGAN RITUALS of no consequence)... IS IT...THAT YOU HAVE PLACE BETWEEN YOURSELVES AND THE TRUE AND LIVING GOD...

THE SIMPLE FOUNDATION OF THE EVENT.... THAT TOOK PLACE ON CALVARY'S CROSS IS...

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

THE LORD HATH LAID UPON HIM/JESUS THE INIQUITY OF US ALL..

AND

THE SIMPLE ACCEPTANCE/RESPONSE TO THE EVENT IS....

Act_16:31 And they said,

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

____

JESUS SAID

Mat_19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Mar_9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Mar_10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

___

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Joh_6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

JESUS PRESENTED THE WAY OF SALVATION SO SIMPLE...WHY DO YOU ...CLUTTER IT UP.... AND...MAKE IT SO HARD TO BE SAVED?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440615 May 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
524 514 488
<quoted text>
I fail to see the need to respond to any words an avowed atheist has to say on the subject...
How silly.

You just did.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#440616 May 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are to review these teachings, one should also include the whole context and not just a portion of the teaching.
(14) Jesus said to them:
(1)‘If you fast, you will bring forth sin for yourselves.
(2) And if you pray, you will be condemned.
(3) And if you give alms, you will do harm to your spirits.
(4) And if you go into any land and wander from place to place,(and) if they take you in,
(then) eat what they will set before you. Heal the sick among them!
(5) For what goes into your mouth will not defile you.
Rather, what comes out of your mouth will defile you."
....meaning if you were to put yourself into the position of Jesus - doing the instructing - contemplate this for a moment:
- What will fasting help with?
+ this is an action - a choice - one makes. But why? because other men told them too?
- How will praying help another? Shoot - not one person on this "religous" forum will even venture to test the theory that it works, and participate in an experiment with me. Do you have proof praying works?
+ Like Jesus implies - maybe one should pray for oneself and be watchful for what one puts forth.
If you understand this, all of the above actions are produced by the Self - whether for someone else or for yourself, but in the end, it is what we "produce" (speak, action, etc) is what defines us.
Self.
When one prays to God, He has 1 of 3 answers: yes, no, or not now. He is not a vending machine. It doesn't work that way.

Also, Jesus taught the Apostles to deny themselves. And Paul said that it wasn't himself that lived but Christ who lived in him.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440617 May 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
First you will need to define the term "the Church".
And since you haven't yet, you really can determine what or what is not immortal.
As of today, there isn't one person on this planet whom is immortal.
Maybe you are reading more into the poster's statement than required.
I'm asking where the poster who mentioned that the Catholic Church "teaches natural immortality" got this idea.

All the parsing you require of me here is the burden of the poster to whom I replied. I didn't mention "natural" nor immortality".
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440618 May 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were clearly snippets that someone isolated. Ignoring everything before and after. They were written a 150 yrs ago. Your team uses it for deception and you know it.
....and none doctrinal.

It always astounds me how adept these folk are and dredging the internet for minutiae such as this, but they somehow can't manage to find the online Catechism (which actually IS what the Church teaches).

Maybe not so astounding on second thought. Why find the truth on what the Church teaches when your purpose is to promulgate a lie?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440619 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't possibly keep up to which of you are the best story-tellers.
All the preaching about who owns truth and who is lying is mind-boggling in its arrogance.
Excellent. Like how does anyone keep up with someone else's delusion?

It keeps changing, although Catholics are in denial on this.

One day the Catholic church teaches with perfect authority that all Protestants will go to Hell.

The next day, we are told "not so." Protestants can go to Heaven maybe.

Yet their "perfect teachings" of over 400 years are well documented in both word and deed. We are then told that their "perfect teachings" can change and still remain "perfect."

This is the essence of a delusion. Nowhere else in their lives can something be both perfect and imperfect. This can only occur in a delusion.

Try to keep up.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440620 May 14, 2013
marge wrote:
3:16 All scripture is inspired of God - The Spirit of God not only once inspired those who wrote it, but continually inspires, supernaturally assists, those that read it with earnest prayer. Hence it is so profitable for doctrine, for instruction of the ignorant, for the reproof or conviction of them that are in error or sin, for the correction or amendment of whatever is amiss, and for instructing or training up the children of God in all righteousness.
"Profitable"?

Yes.

Sufficient? No.

If I'm driving a car, it is profitable for me to have a drivers license. It's not sufficient, as I also need a car and a set of keys.
youtube

AOL

#440621 May 14, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#440622 May 14, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Saying says.........God has gradually revealed Himself to us.
MICHAEL says..........How so?
If Muslims claim Allah has gradually revealed himself to us, would you believe that Just Sayin?
Firstly, God reveals somethin about Him through His creation. Secondly, it has been thoroughly shown that mankind at the core is religious. Mankind searches for a connection with their Creator/Cosmos/HigherPower. Creation stories are abundant in indigenous tribes all over the globe. All the world's religions have been or are mankind's efforts to understand who they are in relation to that Higher Power (or powers) that they sense to exist.
Jesus' Incarnation has been seen throughout history in types and shadows. Abraham and Isaac, for one, in the OT. Moses is another. And you have similar stories in many different religions and cultures.
God the Father revealed Himself in the OT times even while preparing His people for the revealing of God the Son (Jesus), and God the Son Ascended into heaven so that God the Holy Spirit might be revealed.

No one culture or religion understands God completely of course. That is impossible. Some naturally would have a better understanding than others.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440623 May 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
These are your popes not mine. Make all the excuses you want to make but truth is truth.
Here are the verses for you Cly....
II Timothy 3:16-17, 16 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
You said Cly, quote, ""All Scripture is useful". Yes, I agree. Where does it say its the only thing?" End quote Cly.
Where does the Bible say there is another thing and what is the other thing, Cly?
Here are a few:

I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you. 1 Corinthians 11:2

But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. John 21:25

I had much to write you, but I would rather not write with pen and ink; I hope to see you soon, and we will talk together face to face.[3 John 13-14]

...what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.[2 Tim. 2:2]

So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us (Apostles), either by word of mouth (oral) or by letter (Epistle).[2 Thess. 2:15]

First of all you must understand this, that no prophesy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.[2 Peter 1:20-21]

...the household of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.[1 Tim. 3:15]
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440624 May 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
More Roman Catholic mumbo jumbo....
"Like two sacred rivers flowing from paradaise, the Bible and divine tradition contain the word of God, the precious gems of revealed truths. Though these two divine streams are in themselves, on acount of their divine origin, of equal sacredness, and are both full of revealed truths, still of the two, tradition is to us more clear and safe." Catholic Belief, by Joseph Faa di Bruno, p 45.
The Bible supports this.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#440625 May 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay , you are blind is true.
The truth is the Bible is all about Jesus from Genesis to Revelations.
The Bible is not about your Catholic Church or a Protestant church.
Its all about Jesus .
Jesus came preaching the Kingdom of God; showing us the love of God through the example of how He lived His life.
Even onto death, Jesus proved God's love for all people.
How many times did Jesus refer to the O.T. scriptures when He sat teaching not only the disciples but also the multitudes of people.
Some people truly understood what Jesus was saying , others didn't.
Some tried to control what was being said and others, felt if they couldn't control the people they would join them but how to make a profit religion's .
The Romans and the Jews who worked together to crucify Christ.
As many as the Romans killed who believed in Jesus and "THE WAY"
Thousands more roses up so the Romans decided to allow their faith, but it was mingled with pagan religions corruption just as Peter and Paul prophesied entered the church.
It became the Roman Catholic Church.
People were not free to worship the God of Abraham, Moses, Jacob,
The Roman Catholic Church made sure of that, instead of destroying the idols that the romans worshipped, they changes the names on them . To What the Catholic church worship as Saints today.
The statue they claim is Mary , is the statue of the Pagan sun goddess, blood offerings were given to some of the roman idols before they were give the name of the saints.
As much as I am sure you Love God Clay, I am just as sure and know without a doubt you are sitting in a church with a false prophet, and false teachings, that you are following as truth.
I am not a lover of Luther; I am however a lover of God, and His truth taught by Jesus , and what I read in the bible.
Even if all Jesus taught is not in the Bible, the catholic teaching must agree with what is in the bible and not contradict, what the bible says, and the Catholic doctrine does just that.
The bible says we are not to consult the dead, bow to idols, and to pray to God allow, and have no other gods before Almighty God.
The catholic church does all of the above , teaching the opposite
of what god says 'THOU SHALL NOT DO'.
there IS ONLY ONE WAY TO THE KINGDOM OF GOD; IT'S THOUGH JESUS NOT THE CATHOIC CHURCH. SORRY CLAY THAT IS THE TRUTH.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440626 May 14, 2013
marge wrote:
5) The eighth admonition which is most precious: a pastor must be wise by the word of God alone: in which we have perfectly delivered to us, whatever pertains to discerning, knowing and establishing true opinions, and to prove which opinions are false: and furthermore, to correct evil manners, and to establish good.
First of all you must understand this, that no prophesy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.[2 Peter 1:20-21]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 855,136
the real reason Obama allowed and mosque near G... 5 min Knock off purse s... 4
The REAL REASON Howard Weitzman VAMPED from th... 7 min Knock off purse s... 2
REALITY: Tiger Woods is a SICK TRICK! 8 min Knock off purse s... 3
Twitter Arab Master 11 min Knock off purse s... 2
REAL Music !!! Part IV !! 13 min Knock off purse s... 7
Re-Programming Americans To Take Part In Their ... 16 min Knock off purse s... 5
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr I Am No One_ 444,356
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr -Alan S Shole- 1,026
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr End Times 612,623
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr tamizh 7,337
More from around the web