Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
424,721 - 424,740 of 539,227 Comments Last updated 21 min ago

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440555 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not being arrogant at all.
Are you implying that it is wrong for someone to "know" themselves?
That is the first step to understanding and weighing one's faults and attributes. Without doing that, one can not properly or positively relate to one's environment.
Where have I claimed to be any better than you or anyone else?
How do you know what I know about myself or any other subject? You don't! Don't pretend you do...it is a dishonest tactic.
Are you subverting the discussion to the degradation of name calling?
I think this is the misunderstanding that most "followers" have.

They can't be truly honest with themselves - at all levels - in order to see the faults they do have. Thus they are unable to obtain a "clear conscious" in order to help others, show love freely, and express kindness.

An individual can know themselves, and after achieving this step - they can understand their surroundings much better.

This I do agree with. Acquiring this step - a lifelong journey, but one does see the strides they make in a variety of successes, especially when they overcome the personal obstacles they have uncovered.

Self.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#440556 May 13, 2013
HERESIES EXPOSED
Seventh-Day Adventism
http://www.biblebelievers.net/cults/SeventhDa...

Hidden Heresies of Seventh-Day Adventists

Seventh Day Adventism (SDA) is a very deceitful false religion. SDAs, more than any other false religion. What they're NOT telling you about is their HIDDEN heresies which they would never put forth to the public. With the help of the beloved Dr. John R. Rice (1895-1980), I would like to EXPOSE the truth about this Satanic cult that falsely claims to be "Christian."
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
(ooo, not lookin' too good at all!)
Clay

United States

#440557 May 13, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh." Catholic National July 1895.
"We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty" ...Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20, 1894,
"For thou art the shepherd, thou art the physician, thou art the director, thou art the husbandman, finally thou art another God on earth." Labbe and Cossart's "History of the Councils." Vol. XIV, col. 109
The title "Lord God the Pope" is found within a gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII, title 14, chapter 4, In an Antwerp edition of the Extravagantes, the words, "Dominum Deum Nostrum Papam" (Our Lord God the Pope) can be found in column 153. In a Paris edition, they are found in column 140.
"The pope is the supreme judge of the law of the land ... He is the vicegerent of Christ, and is not only a priest forever, but also King of kings and Lord of lords"--La Civilta Cattolica, March 18, 1871.
"It seems that Pope John Paul II now presides over the universal Church from his place upon Christ's cross," said Bishop Dunn, who travelled with seven other prelates to Rome. Taken from an article entitled, "Auckland Bishop Says Pope Presides From the Cross" AUCKLAND, New Zealand, SEPT. 20, 2004 -Zenit.org (Article # ZE04092001)
I guess you didn't check the credential, Clay.
Here they are again.
I don't know what that is. Its not how the Church would word it. You must have scoured the internet looking for something with the word 'Catholic' in it. I don't know what to tell you Tiger. Next time, maybe you ought to ask a Catholic for the definition of the Papacy instead of digging up some article from 1895 and telling everyone the Catholic Church teaches it.

Albuquerque, NM

#440558 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You've pulled that stunt on me before ... several times.
You preach about some knowledge that others (including me) can't quite grasp because you have it and we don't.
I don't believe you.
I don't think the poster said that at all.

BT is referring to a text that was uncovered in 1947, 1500 years after they were buried. Which also coincides with when men decided to abolish all other texts that did not suit their belief or could cause people to think freely.

BT has also tried to give you a reference point - a simple one with GoThomas - to read it, and study it, and then give it a shot at understanding it - before you automatically think it should not be considered as a viable source of information.

Answer me this - why would anyone only believe in a portion of a character, if they think this character is "God". GoThomas - shows "what is hidden will become manifest."

(5) Jesus says:

(1) "Come to know what is in front of you,
and that which is hidden from you will become clear to you.
(2) For there is nothing hidden that will not become manifest."

(6)

(1) His disciples questioned him,(and) they said to him:
" Do you want us to fast?
And how should we pray and give alms?
And what diet should we observe?"

(2) Jesus says: "Do not lie.(3) And do not do what you hate.
(4) For everything is disclosed in view of <the truth>.
(5) For there is nothing hidden that will not become revealed.
(6) And there is nothing covered that will remain undisclosed."

(32) Jesus says:

"A city built upon a high mountain (and) fortified cannot fall, nor can it be hidden."

(33) Jesus says:

(1)"What you will hear with your ear {with the other ear} proclaim from your rooftops.
(2) For no one lights a lamp (and) puts it under a bushel, nor does he put it in a hidden place.
(3) Rather, he puts it on a lampstand, so that everyone who comes in and goes out will see its light."

(39) Jesus says:

(1) "The Pharisees and the scribes have received the keys of knowledge,(but) they have hidden them.
(2) Neither have they entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to.
(3) You, however, be as shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves!"

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

...sounds to me, Jesus was trying to us something, but fortunately, the truth manifests itself. Must've been "God's Plan", huh?

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#440559 May 13, 2013
Regina wrote:
HERESIES EXPOSED
Seventh-Day Adventism
http://www.biblebelievers.net/cults/SeventhDa...
Hidden Heresies of Seventh-Day Adventists
Seventh Day Adventism (SDA) is a very deceitful false religion. SDAs, more than any other false religion. What they're NOT telling you about is their HIDDEN heresies which they would never put forth to the public. With the help of the beloved Dr. John R. Rice (1895-1980), I would like to EXPOSE the truth about this Satanic cult that falsely claims to be "Christian."
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
(ooo, not lookin' too good at all!)
OOOOO!!! BOOOGIE-BOOGIE!!

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

#440560 May 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. I'll clarify a little for you below.
<quoted text>
Putting the words into my mouth - "If you don't believe a god inspired people of what to write" - is not going to help your position.
- I've never said this. But what I have said, that Christianity limits "God" because those followers think that "God" stopped telling "His" words to others to write.
I have to disagree with this line of thought, because men cannot define what "God" can or cannot do. In addition, I don't limit "God" in that regard. I do believe he can inspire ANYONE. There is no limit to "His" inspiration. Only Christianity and other religions place a finite line int he sand on "His" inspiration.
I don't. Much different from what you want me to say.
<quoted text>
NO it isn't, if one is to understand the ability to choose or make a choice. You choose not to believe - okay...you have that right. It's a cop-out to not believe in a spiritual world when there is plenty of evidence to support the world exists.
http://www.bing.com/search...
You just choose to only accept what YOU want to believe. IMO - that is a cop-out.
Sounds a lot like you are trying to pass on, huh?
Self.
Move past the words and understand the meanings.
Do you believe a god created the universe, and if so, why?

Houston, Canada

#440561 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't think the poster said that at all.
Well, I do. I've been posting with Black Thunder for years, and got the impression on more than one occasion that knowledge is available to those who understand it.
Clay

United States

#440562 May 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
More Roman Catholic bologna...
"Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth." Christopher Marcellus in Oration addressing Pope Julius II, in Fifth Lateran Council, Session IV (1512), Council Edition. Colm. Agrip. 1618,(Sacrorum Conciliorum, J.D. Mansi (ed.), Vol. 32, col. 761),(also quoted in History of the Councils, vol. XIV, col 109, by Labbe and Cossart).
"The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth...by divine right the Pope has supreme and full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians. He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by no one, God himself on earth." Quoted in the New York Catechism.
"The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God, and the vicar of God..."The Pope alone is called most holy..."Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple crown, as king of heaven and of earth and of hell.
"Moreover the superiority and the power of the Roman Pontiff by no means pertains only to heavenly things, but also earthly things, and to things under the earth, and even over the angels, whom he his greater than.
"So that if it were possible that the angels might err in the faith, or might think contrary to the faith, they could be judged and excommunicated by the Pope....
"...the Pope is as it were God on earth, sole sovereign of the faithful of Christ, chief of kings, having plenitude of power." Lucius Ferraris, in "Prompta Bibliotheca Canonica, Juridica, Moralis, Theologica, Ascetica, Polemica, Rubristica, Historica", Volume V, article on "Papa, Article II", titled "Concerning the extent of Papal dignity, authority, or dominion and infallibility",#1, 5, 13-15, 18, published in Petit-Montrouge (Paris) by J. P. Migne, 1858 edition.
lol. you should use your cult pamphlets against the SDAs. You're both steeped in deception.
Should I dig up 19th century news clippings of your religious organization? Wait, you weren't around in the 19th century were you?

say, you ran off again when I asked you to provide Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ commands a Bible be compiled to dictate His Ministry!!
You use the Bible to teach that Its all there is. So where does anyone in the bible say that?

"All Scripture is useful". Yes, I agree. Where does it say its the only thing?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440563 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You've pulled that stunt on me before ... several times.
You preach about some knowledge that others (including me) can't quite grasp because you have it and we don't.
I don't believe you.
Really? What stunt?
The only real discussion which you might be referring to(quite some time ago) I can think of is my belief in the ALL. When explained to you, you could not understand it. I attempted to explain the physics of energy and it's relation to environment as the ALL, provided evidence of the physics of it(with scientific links that you could learn from), and you dismissed it as to much for you to research, couldn't be bothered, and you would stick to your opinion.
That was no stunt. It was the best explanation I could give you as to my understanding of actuality.

That being said, there are more learned persons than you and I in many subjects.
You just can't stand to hear it, and character assassination becomes your only option in a discussion where you are inept or willfully ignorant.

Houston, Canada

#440564 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
(5) Jesus says:
(1) "Come to know what is in front of you,
and that which is hidden from you will become clear to you.
(2) For there is nothing hidden that will not become manifest."
(6)
(1) His disciples questioned him,(and) they said to him:
" Do you want us to fast?
And how should we pray and give alms?
And what diet should we observe?"
(2) Jesus says: "Do not lie.(3) And do not do what you hate.
(4) For everything is disclosed in view of <the truth>.
(5) For there is nothing hidden that will not become revealed.
(6) And there is nothing covered that will remain undisclosed."
(32) Jesus says:
"A city built upon a high mountain (and) fortified cannot fall, nor can it be hidden."
(33) Jesus says:
(1)"What you will hear with your ear {with the other ear} proclaim from your rooftops.
(2) For no one lights a lamp (and) puts it under a bushel, nor does he put it in a hidden place.
(3) Rather, he puts it on a lampstand, so that everyone who comes in and goes out will see its light."
(39) Jesus says:
(1) "The Pharisees and the scribes have received the keys of knowledge,(but) they have hidden them.
(2) Neither have they entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to.
(3) You, however, be as shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves!"
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
...sounds to me, Jesus was trying to us something, but fortunately, the truth manifests itself. Must've been "God's Plan", huh?
:o)
I don't believe a man named Jesus existed, much less came to save Christians ... so why would I converse about what Catholics wrote that he said?

Houston, Canada

#440565 May 13, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
There's too much scholarship in the Church for these folks.
Do you perceive only your favorite theologians as scholars ... or do you perceive theologians in all other religions as scholars?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#440566 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what that is. Its not how the Church would word it. You must have scoured the internet looking for something with the word 'Catholic' in it. I don't know what to tell you Tiger. Next time, maybe you ought to ask a Catholic for the definition of the Papacy instead of digging up some article from 1895 and telling everyone the Catholic Church teaches it.
The RCC claims that the pope is infallible when he speaks for the Islamic chair they call the chair of St. Peter.
Many preposterous claims have been made in various Catholic publications and I have quoted some. I find MOST Catholics are ignorant of their religion. I know quite a few Catholics and most don't believe much of the Bible. So why would I ask one?

Besides, I just quoted some VERY RECENT statements by the RCC system. Not from 1895.

Houston, Canada

#440567 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What stunt?
The only real discussion which you might be referring to(quite some time ago) I can think of is my belief in the ALL. When explained to you, you could not understand it. I attempted to explain the physics of energy and it's relation to environment as the ALL, provided evidence of the physics of it(with scientific links that you could learn from), and you dismissed it as to much for you to research, couldn't be bothered, and you would stick to your opinion.
That was no stunt. It was the best explanation I could give you as to my understanding of actuality.
That being said, there are more learned persons than you and I in many subjects.
You just can't stand to hear it, and character assassination becomes your only option in a discussion where you are inept or willfully ignorant.
What is the source of this energy? From your perception, is it aware, or is it simply a natural phenomena?

Location hidden

#440568 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!
I suggest you try starving for awhile, or being in severe constant pain ... or having yours and your family's lives under constant threat of being snuffed out ... and then you will find out how much you know yourself.
It's easy to preach when things are going well.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
On page number one of the book are the words …“This straightforward and unique diary of a 20-year-old Civil war soldier was written during his long, desperate months in Confederate prisons.”
From the book “John Ransom’s Diary,” comes the following………….
There are some here who pray and try to preach. Very many too who have heretofore been religiously inclined, throw off all restraint and are about the worst. Tried and found wanting it seems to me.
What has that to do with the discussion?
Are you deflecting?
If you want me to explain what I would do in a specific situation, then ask specifically.
Are thinking I am a Christian? Is that the reference to "religiously inclined"?
You should already know that I am not...unless you are having problems with your memory.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#440569 May 13, 2013
FYI: We are having a radiation storm - from The Weather Space.com

If your GPS starts you in the ocean or away from where you are today now you know why. If you have trouble with you HAM radios now you know why. We are being hit with radiation from an X-Class Solar flare.

Official News Story - http://www.theweatherspace.com/2013/05/13/two...

Current projection shows it aiming right over the Americas.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440570 May 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
2000 years and billions of believers makes it quite proprietary in my book.
Buddhism?

Houston, Canada

#440571 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
What has that to do with the discussion?
Are you deflecting?
If you want me to explain what I would do in a specific situation, then ask specifically.
Are thinking I am a Christian? Is that the reference to "religiously inclined"?
You should already know that I am not...unless you are having problems with your memory.
No, I am not deflecting. I do think you believe you are above the norm in smarts, and that if you were for instance in a concentration camp, you would come down to earth in a hurry, and realize that life is not so simply cut and dried.

I know you are not a Christian, but I do get the impression that you are feigning knowledge that from my perspective, you don't own any more than the rest of us.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#440572 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. you should use your cult pamphlets against the SDAs. You're both steeped in deception.
Should I dig up 19th century news clippings of your religious organization? Wait, you weren't around in the 19th century were you?
say, you ran off again when I asked you to provide Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ commands a Bible be compiled to dictate His Ministry!!
You use the Bible to teach that Its all there is. So where does anyone in the bible say that?
"All Scripture is useful". Yes, I agree. Where does it say its the only thing?
These are your popes not mine. Make all the excuses you want to make but truth is truth.

Here are the verses for you Cly....

II Timothy 3:16-17, 16 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."

You said Cly, quote, ""All Scripture is useful". Yes, I agree. Where does it say its the only thing?" End quote Cly.

Where does the Bible say there is another thing and what is the other thing, Cly?
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#440573 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
OOOOO!!! BOOOGIE-BOOGIE!!
Who let you out? It's not time for your walk.

SEVENTH DAY ADVENTISM
We examine the SDAs, and find them heretics
If these folks' only peculiarity was that they met on Saturday to worship, we would have very little to worry about. But, they teach that Sunday worship is the Mark of the Beast, and Sunday worshippers, they teach, are Satan worshippers. They may deny this, but as long as they keep quoting Ellen G White, they must have this vulgar heresy stuffed right back down their throats until they repent. Ms White was a heretic, and she added to the Scriptures.

On the more charitable side, I believe I have met Seventh Day Adventists who were born again.
http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/house...
(oooo, nope, not good for 'em)

Location hidden

#440574 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no knowledge ... yet knowledge is available to everyone?
Now you are trying to feign humility.
What is this knowledge that you go on about anyway?
Of course I have knowledge. Don't you?
No did not mean that I have no knowledge...you either can't comprehend what you read, or are deliberately misrepresenting what I stated.

I have already told you the basic thing required to even understand the environment in which you exist is to know yourself first. When you do that(honestly) you can better understand and relate to that environment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trying to Satisfy my Taste Buds 15 min andet1987 1
looking for male pomeranian to breed with 2 yea... (Apr '11) 20 min topsT 98
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min Rosa_Winkel 733,234
someone is so happy Michael Sams is released 27 min andet1987 5
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 30 min Classic 1,769
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min RADEKT 258,086
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 36 min andet1987 4,346
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 53 min Black Thunder 42 600,017
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr Aquarius-WY 2,462
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 226,391
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••