Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,486
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#440566 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what that is. Its not how the Church would word it. You must have scoured the internet looking for something with the word 'Catholic' in it. I don't know what to tell you Tiger. Next time, maybe you ought to ask a Catholic for the definition of the Papacy instead of digging up some article from 1895 and telling everyone the Catholic Church teaches it.
The RCC claims that the pope is infallible when he speaks for the Islamic chair they call the chair of St. Peter.
Many preposterous claims have been made in various Catholic publications and I have quoted some. I find MOST Catholics are ignorant of their religion. I know quite a few Catholics and most don't believe much of the Bible. So why would I ask one?

Besides, I just quoted some VERY RECENT statements by the RCC system. Not from 1895.

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

#440567 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What stunt?
The only real discussion which you might be referring to(quite some time ago) I can think of is my belief in the ALL. When explained to you, you could not understand it. I attempted to explain the physics of energy and it's relation to environment as the ALL, provided evidence of the physics of it(with scientific links that you could learn from), and you dismissed it as to much for you to research, couldn't be bothered, and you would stick to your opinion.
That was no stunt. It was the best explanation I could give you as to my understanding of actuality.
That being said, there are more learned persons than you and I in many subjects.
You just can't stand to hear it, and character assassination becomes your only option in a discussion where you are inept or willfully ignorant.
What is the source of this energy? From your perception, is it aware, or is it simply a natural phenomena?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440568 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!
I suggest you try starving for awhile, or being in severe constant pain ... or having yours and your family's lives under constant threat of being snuffed out ... and then you will find out how much you know yourself.
It's easy to preach when things are going well.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
On page number one of the book are the words …“This straightforward and unique diary of a 20-year-old Civil war soldier was written during his long, desperate months in Confederate prisons.”
From the book “John Ransom’s Diary,” comes the following………….
There are some here who pray and try to preach. Very many too who have heretofore been religiously inclined, throw off all restraint and are about the worst. Tried and found wanting it seems to me.
What has that to do with the discussion?
Are you deflecting?
If you want me to explain what I would do in a specific situation, then ask specifically.
Are thinking I am a Christian? Is that the reference to "religiously inclined"?
You should already know that I am not...unless you are having problems with your memory.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#440569 May 13, 2013
FYI: We are having a radiation storm - from The Weather Space.com

If your GPS starts you in the ocean or away from where you are today now you know why. If you have trouble with you HAM radios now you know why. We are being hit with radiation from an X-Class Solar flare.

Official News Story - http://www.theweatherspace.com/2013/05/13/two...

Current projection shows it aiming right over the Americas.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440570 May 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
2000 years and billions of believers makes it quite proprietary in my book.
Buddhism?

Houston, Canada

#440571 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
What has that to do with the discussion?
Are you deflecting?
If you want me to explain what I would do in a specific situation, then ask specifically.
Are thinking I am a Christian? Is that the reference to "religiously inclined"?
You should already know that I am not...unless you are having problems with your memory.
No, I am not deflecting. I do think you believe you are above the norm in smarts, and that if you were for instance in a concentration camp, you would come down to earth in a hurry, and realize that life is not so simply cut and dried.

I know you are not a Christian, but I do get the impression that you are feigning knowledge that from my perspective, you don't own any more than the rest of us.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#440572 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. you should use your cult pamphlets against the SDAs. You're both steeped in deception.
Should I dig up 19th century news clippings of your religious organization? Wait, you weren't around in the 19th century were you?
say, you ran off again when I asked you to provide Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ commands a Bible be compiled to dictate His Ministry!!
You use the Bible to teach that Its all there is. So where does anyone in the bible say that?
"All Scripture is useful". Yes, I agree. Where does it say its the only thing?
These are your popes not mine. Make all the excuses you want to make but truth is truth.

Here are the verses for you Cly....

II Timothy 3:16-17, 16 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."

You said Cly, quote, ""All Scripture is useful". Yes, I agree. Where does it say its the only thing?" End quote Cly.

Where does the Bible say there is another thing and what is the other thing, Cly?
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#440573 May 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
OOOOO!!! BOOOGIE-BOOGIE!!
Who let you out? It's not time for your walk.

SEVENTH DAY ADVENTISM
We examine the SDAs, and find them heretics
If these folks' only peculiarity was that they met on Saturday to worship, we would have very little to worry about. But, they teach that Sunday worship is the Mark of the Beast, and Sunday worshippers, they teach, are Satan worshippers. They may deny this, but as long as they keep quoting Ellen G White, they must have this vulgar heresy stuffed right back down their throats until they repent. Ms White was a heretic, and she added to the Scriptures.

On the more charitable side, I believe I have met Seventh Day Adventists who were born again.
http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/house...
(oooo, nope, not good for 'em)

Location hidden

#440574 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no knowledge ... yet knowledge is available to everyone?
Now you are trying to feign humility.
What is this knowledge that you go on about anyway?
Of course I have knowledge. Don't you?
No did not mean that I have no knowledge...you either can't comprehend what you read, or are deliberately misrepresenting what I stated.

I have already told you the basic thing required to even understand the environment in which you exist is to know yourself first. When you do that(honestly) you can better understand and relate to that environment.

Houston, Canada

#440575 May 13, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhism?
In fact the Buddha is often portrayed as a teacher of the gods,[20] and superior to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism

Houston, Canada

#440576 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I have knowledge. Don't you?
No did not mean that I have no knowledge...you either can't comprehend what you read, or are deliberately misrepresenting what I stated.
I have already told you the basic thing required to even understand the environment in which you exist is to know yourself first. When you do that(honestly) you can better understand and relate to that environment.
No, I don't have knowledge. I have opinions.

What DO you know about your self that makes you certain you understand your self?

Houston, Canada

#440577 May 13, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
We examine the SDAs, and find them heretics
:)

Houston, Canada

#440578 May 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
truth is truth.
marge

Ames, IA

#440579 May 13, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you've got at least one friend here. LTM agrees with you that Jesus isn't God.

Ltm believes Jesus is God.

Location hidden

#440580 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no knowledge ... yet knowledge is available to everyone?
Now you are trying to feign humility.
What is this knowledge that you go on about anyway?
That is not what was stated at all.
Again-you are leaving out the entirety of the post in a dishonest attempt to deflect and misappropriate my words.

Here is the post in it's entirety.

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What knowledge do you believe belongs to you that others don't have in their possessions?
And why do believe if there is a divine plan for humans that other animals don't have the same contact as you seem to believe you have with this universal force or whatever term you favor?

Bt42 wrote:
<quoted text>
(1) None.
Knowledge is available to everyone. You only attain it if you seek it. How the individual relates it to his environment is a personal matter of choice, depending on the amount and viability of that information(or lack of) and the degree of enlightenment of perception and conscience.

(2a) Did I ever state there is a "divine plan"?
No. BTW- You shouldn't try to put words in my mouth. That's dishonest.

(2b) Non humans have the same contact with their environment as you and I. Whether they have the ability to understand and conceptualize it for what it is is the question...I believe have already made that clear.

You do believe "energy" exists don't you?
You had better-that's where everything that you know of has originated...you ARE the essence and result OF the interaction of energy.
Now, if you don't, then nothing exists either...not even you.
Pinch yourself.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#440581 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to the protestant evangelical fundamentalists, they're the ones who put the articles up, not I. Do try to keep up, June.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#440582 May 13, 2013
More Roman Catholic humor....

"...superior papal authority and dominion is derived from the law of the Caesars." Lucius Ferraris, in "Prompta Bibliotheca Canonica, Juridica, Moralis, Theologica, Ascetica, Polemica, Rubristica, Historica", Volume V, article on "Papa, Article II", titled "Concerning the extent of Papal dignity, authority, or dominion and infallibility",#19, published in Petit-Montrouge (Paris) by J. P. Migne, 1858 edition.

"...the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who being God, cannot be judged by man." Pope Nicholas I, quoted in History of the Councils, vol. IX, Dist.: 96, Can 7, "Satis Evidentur Decret Gratian Primer Para", by Labbe and Cossart.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#440583 May 13, 2013
More Roman Catholic mumbo jumbo....

"Like two sacred rivers flowing from paradaise, the Bible and divine tradition contain the word of God, the precious gems of revealed truths. Though these two divine streams are in themselves, on acount of their divine origin, of equal sacredness, and are both full of revealed truths, still of the two, tradition is to us more clear and safe." Catholic Belief, by Joseph Faa di Bruno, p 45.

Location hidden

#440584 May 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is the misunderstanding that most "followers" have.
They can't be truly honest with themselves - at all levels - in order to see the faults they do have. Thus they are unable to obtain a "clear conscious" in order to help others, show love freely, and express kindness.
An individual can know themselves, and after achieving this step - they can understand their surroundings much better.
This I do agree with. Acquiring this step - a lifelong journey, but one does see the strides they make in a variety of successes, especially when they overcome the personal obstacles they have uncovered.
Self.
I think it is the case with almost everyone.
They have been taught they can just hand all their iniquities over to some deity, and all is well.
marge

Ames, IA

#440585 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. you should use your cult pamphlets against the SDAs. You're both steeped in deception.
Should I dig up 19th century news clippings of your religious organization? Wait, you weren't around in the 19th century were you?
say, you ran off again when I asked you to provide Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ commands a Bible be compiled to dictate His Ministry!!
You use the Bible to teach that Its all there is. So where does anyone in the bible say that?
"All Scripture is useful". Yes, I agree. Where does it say its the only thing?
17That the man of God may be perfect,

…15And that from a child you have known the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min sweets2360 750,338
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Dave Nelson 229,928
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 36 min ChromiuMan 5,455
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min RADEKT 261,641
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Tim Osman 118,656
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr top 1,070
ardy 23 tahun bandung call for job 1 hr ardy ryan 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr yon 602,162
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 18 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE