Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,233)

Showing posts 424,641 - 424,660 of529,969
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are a polytheist?
If so, you've wasted a great deal of your time with the Bible.
It's commonly used only by monotheists.
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Clue....the voice from Heaven is God speaking...."my beloved Son" is Jesus....(they are not one....they are two)

And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Clue..."And he" is Jesus praying "O my Father".....(they are not one....they are two)

The Holy Trinity...before and after Christ lived on earth: The Father...the Son...the Holy Spirit...

During His time on earth: The Father....the incarnate Son of God...the Holy Spirit....

There is no other way to express the Holy Trinity....period...
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as I was growing up, my grandmother would occasionally tell me that Catholicism was a cult... I didn't see it at the time, but the picture is clear now...
Have you seen the Pope's cross he carries? It's bent over at the top which is a Satanic symbol...
ps. I have found other things left out as well...
The Catholic imaginary god became your imaginary god and now you need to demonize Catholics, so you can have the imaginary god all to yourself.

That's mean.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
:o)
I've already signed up!
I'm in - are you?
*runs for the All*
Cath me if you can!
;o)
Yes. I am.

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
- you can stop pretending to be a Christian now.
-if you are going to interpret sacred scripture like that, you might want to prove that Christ instructed us to do so.
- can you provide a verse where Christ teaches that the Bible is the sole source and provider of teachings on His Ministry?
- if I'm understanding your mindset correctly... you are taking the NT scriptures away from the Church that gathered, labeled and safeguarded em for 1600 + yrs and designing your own religion based on what you see from your eyes, and ignoring what was actually taught by the Apostles when they ALREADY explained their writings???
- how can you walk with balls the size of watermelons??
There is nothing to "interpret!!!!"

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,

He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty

Since you erroneously believe God is Christ and Christ is God...you are lying every time you pray the Apostle's Creed...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
Then there were these doctrines added...
1480 AD The Inquisition (of Spain)
1495 AD Papal control of marriage rights
1534 AD Order of Jesuits founded by Loyola
1545 AD Man-made tradition of church made equal to Bible (Council of Trent)
1545 AD Apocryphal books added to Bible (Council of Trent)
1546 AD Justification by human works of merit
1546 AD Mass universally said in Latin (see 600 AD)
1547 AD Confirmation
1560 AD Personal opinions of Pope Pius IV imposed as the official creed
1864 AD Syllabus Errorum [Syllabus of Errors] proclaimed that "Catholic countries" could not tolerate other religions,(no freedom of religion), conscience, separation of church and State condemned, asserted the Pope's temporal authority over all civil rulers (Ratified by Pope Pius IX and Vatican Council) condemned.
1870 AD Infallibility of Pope (Vatican council)
1908 AD All Catholics should be christened into the church
1930 AD Public Schools condemned by Pope Pius XII (see 1864 AD)
1950 AD Sinners prayer, invented by Billy Sunday and made popular by Billy Graham.(Some Catholics now use this)
1950 AD Assumption of the body of the Virgin Mary into heaven shortly after her death.(Pope Pius XII)
1954 AD Immaculate conception of Mary proclaimed by Pope Pius XII
1995 AD The use of girls in the traditional altar boy duties
1996 AD Catholics can believe in Evolution (Pope John Paul II)
and so it goes on....
Words can't describe what an idiot you are. I could take the time to refute your whole cult pamphlet. But what for? You're not interested in truth.
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Saying says.........God has gradually revealed Himself to us.
MICHAEL says..........How so?
If Muslims claim Allah has gradually revealed himself to us, would you believe that Just Sayin?
We KNOW how science and learning has gradually revealed itself to us.

So far, no admissible evidence of any gods.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe the same supposed mysterious truth was shown to non-human forms of life?
If not ... what is the purpose for their suffering.
There is really no "mysterious truth" about it. Only ignorance of self and knowledge.

I don't know what non-human forms of life might be capable of understanding, so I can't judge their understanding of their environment, or whether they may be capable of cognizance to the degree we have...let alone whether they could or do communicate it.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Every soldier of god believes he/she owns the truth.

Now, if only they could stop calling each other liars, that would be comparable to a breath of fresh air.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say I was an authority?
Is the Bible only for scholars such as yourself?
I have studied for over 55 years what the scriptures teach.
If I studied piano for that long, I would be Liberace.
Are you trying to tell us what the Bible says or not??
You conspiracy Christian fanatics are only relevant within your respective compounds.
All you got is age old cult propaganda and slander. You been proven to be full of deceit and you know it.
If your interested in what the Apostles actually taught, then read the writings of their Disciples or early Church fathers.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is really no "mysterious truth" about it. Only ignorance of self and knowledge.
I don't know what non-human forms of life might be capable of understanding, so I can't judge their understanding of their environment, or whether they may be capable of cognizance to the degree we have...let alone whether they could or do communicate it.
What knowledge do you believe belongs to you that others don't have in their possessions?

And why do believe if there is a divine plan for humans that other animals don't have the same contact as you seem to believe you have with this universal force or whatever term you favor?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>

Hello Pretty Parrot.:) Missed ya... It's hot here today!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! You are some arrogant!

To claim self-knowledge, is to insinuate that others who don't see it your way, don't HAVE your knowledge.

You don't know your self any more than any other person knows their self, and that in all humans leaves much to be desired.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

I am reminded of the idea that Jews won't eat pork, and yet, according to an elderly Jew who lived in wretched conditions during Hitler's reign of terror, Jews were eating human flesh.

We aren't so holy as we think. Many of us are just more fortunate than others.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Words can't describe what an idiot you are. I could take the time to refute your whole cult pamphlet. But what for? You're not interested in truth.
Likewise, Clay.

I have seen the refutations. Clever but idiotic at the same time.
It is historic evidence that the RCC is NOT apostolic at all.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing to "interpret!!!!"
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty
Since you erroneously believe God is Christ and Christ is God...you are lying every time you pray the Apostle's Creed...
I'm going to guess you're mentally ill and just leave it at that.
..or at least I pray that's the case so you have a good excuse when you look Christ in the eye someday.
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep - and yet - people still think it is possible - because they believe the writings of men and somehow fear that if they don't they go to some place of torment.
Why does religion instill fear instead of love?
How about fear under the cloak of love.

Somehow, the same "God who loves you" might punish you severely for reasons unknown. We can't say who for certain, but we are told that "few are chosen."

Can we truly love such a God-tyrant out of genuine admiration and respect, or is fear the real motive?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

January 28, 2013 – NORTH KOREA – Hungry parents in North Korea have been caught eating their children to avoid starvation, according to reports. One father is said to have been executed by firing squad for killing his two kids for food. And it has sparked fears there could be further cases of cannibalism in the country. The Sunday Times told how undercover reporters recorded several horror stories from inside the poverty-stricken nation. They included one man who dug up his grandchild’s corpse to eat and another who boiled his child and ate the flesh. Thousands of North Koreans are feared to be starving to death while their chubby leader Kim Jong-Un regularly dines on banquets.

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Bible are public schools condemned?

Or Mary ascending into Heaven?

Those are obviously added. I think all the rest are Biblical.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to guess you're mentally ill and just leave it at that.
..or at least I pray that's the case so you have a good excuse when you look Christ in the eye someday.
Yeah, right!
Oxbow is mentally ill and I am an idiot.
Is this how you defend your pathetic church?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to tell us what the Bible says or not??
Are we to believe that you have the correct interpretations of the bible, and those who disagree with you are wrong???

Do you not perceive your own arrogance?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 424,641 - 424,660 of529,969
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

388 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min gort 716,409
Judge Linda Warren Hunter, Dekalb County (May '08) 7 min Rob wellon 219
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Eagle 12 223,156
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 13 min andet1987 1,476
I'm a girl wanting other girls. 18 min andet1987 21
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min Commander Bunny 255,691
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 26 min andet1987 3,874
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Lyndi 171,442
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr Liz 61