Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,117
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

#440485 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is really no "mysterious truth" about it. Only ignorance of self and knowledge.
WOW! You are some arrogant!

To claim self-knowledge, is to insinuate that others who don't see it your way, don't HAVE your knowledge.

You don't know your self any more than any other person knows their self, and that in all humans leaves much to be desired.

Houston, Canada

#440486 May 13, 2013
I am reminded of the idea that Jews won't eat pork, and yet, according to an elderly Jew who lived in wretched conditions during Hitler's reign of terror, Jews were eating human flesh.

We aren't so holy as we think. Many of us are just more fortunate than others.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#440487 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Words can't describe what an idiot you are. I could take the time to refute your whole cult pamphlet. But what for? You're not interested in truth.
Likewise, Clay.

I have seen the refutations. Clever but idiotic at the same time.
It is historic evidence that the RCC is NOT apostolic at all.
Clay

United States

#440488 May 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing to "interpret!!!!"
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty
Since you erroneously believe God is Christ and Christ is God...you are lying every time you pray the Apostle's Creed...
I'm going to guess you're mentally ill and just leave it at that.
..or at least I pray that's the case so you have a good excuse when you look Christ in the eye someday.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440489 May 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep - and yet - people still think it is possible - because they believe the writings of men and somehow fear that if they don't they go to some place of torment.
Why does religion instill fear instead of love?
How about fear under the cloak of love.

Somehow, the same "God who loves you" might punish you severely for reasons unknown. We can't say who for certain, but we are told that "few are chosen."

Can we truly love such a God-tyrant out of genuine admiration and respect, or is fear the real motive?

Houston, Canada

#440490 May 13, 2013
January 28, 2013 – NORTH KOREA – Hungry parents in North Korea have been caught eating their children to avoid starvation, according to reports. One father is said to have been executed by firing squad for killing his two kids for food. And it has sparked fears there could be further cases of cannibalism in the country. The Sunday Times told how undercover reporters recorded several horror stories from inside the poverty-stricken nation. They included one man who dug up his grandchild’s corpse to eat and another who boiled his child and ate the flesh. Thousands of North Koreans are feared to be starving to death while their chubby leader Kim Jong-Un regularly dines on banquets.

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440491 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Words can't describe what an idiot you are. I could take the time to refute your whole cult pamphlet. But what for? You're not interested in truth.
Where in the Bible are public schools condemned?

Or Mary ascending into Heaven?

Those are obviously added. I think all the rest are Biblical.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#440492 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to guess you're mentally ill and just leave it at that.
..or at least I pray that's the case so you have a good excuse when you look Christ in the eye someday.
Yeah, right!
Oxbow is mentally ill and I am an idiot.
Is this how you defend your pathetic church?

Houston, Canada

#440493 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to tell us what the Bible says or not??
Are we to believe that you have the correct interpretations of the bible, and those who disagree with you are wrong???

Do you not perceive your own arrogance?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#440494 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
January 28, 2013 – NORTH KOREA – Hungry parents in North Korea have been caught eating their children to avoid starvation, according to reports. One father is said to have been executed by firing squad for killing his two kids for food. And it has sparked fears there could be further cases of cannibalism in the country. The Sunday Times told how undercover reporters recorded several horror stories from inside the poverty-stricken nation. They included one man who dug up his grandchild’s corpse to eat and another who boiled his child and ate the flesh. Thousands of North Koreans are feared to be starving to death while their chubby leader Kim Jong-Un regularly dines on banquets.
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
Kim Jong Un has three trains to transport him around North Korea. Each has a banquet prepared on it.
He choses the train he will embark. The others also travel as decoys.

Interestin. Thanks, June

Houston, Canada

#440495 May 13, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Bible are public schools condemned?
Or Mary ascending into Heaven?
Those are obviously added. I think all the rest are Biblical.
The preaching that Jews fell for the Catholic religion is ONLY of the new testament.

The old testament favored Jews ... not Catholics or Protestants, or Muslims ... which are all morphed offshoots of Judaism.

Houston, Canada

#440496 May 13, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Kim Jong Un has three trains to transport him around North Korea. Each has a banquet prepared on it.
He choses the train he will embark. The others also travel as decoys.
Interestin. Thanks, June
Humans are all selfish ... but he, as are many others is the epitome of selfishness.

And you're welcome.

Houston, Canada

#440497 May 13, 2013
Christians infer that the old testament mentioned that Jesus was coming to save the people of the world.

That means that the Jews wrote in the old testament that one of their own was going to support Catholicism as the answer to all the world's problems.

I don't think so!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#440498 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I have stated several times. Are you not paying attention. Too busy rolling weiners at one of your two hot dog stands?
...There very well could have been a young man named Jesus who didn't work, who tripped around Jurusulem with a bunch of guys, much like what we call street people today. Similar to BUSKERS who perform little carnival street acts for handouts roaming from town to town.
What I d believe as non christians also state, that he wasn't the SON OF GOD.
A man Jesus, quite possibly. Jesus the son of God. If you say so Anthony.(lol)
Your belief is solely based on what your parents wanted you to become........just like them, much like any Muslim child indoctrinated to worship ALLAH......
Born in the west Jesus is your savior. Born in the east good chance ALLAH is who you love.
So those posts you made expressing the idea that Jesus never existed were just time fillers?

You need to get another hobby mike.
Human Being

Breaux Bridge, LA

#440499 May 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
*smirks* I was asking.
....figures....another refusal.
Prove that a prayer was answered. Please include all moments that occurred prior to the said prayer being answered. Prove that "God" answered it.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

No refusal.

I just won't tempt God. I think what you are asking is more along the lines of a person demanding a miracle from God, instead of a petition. The King may hear your petition, but His response(may be silence) may or may not be perceived. I am not in a position to be demanding things from God.

Prayer is a transcendent language. Commonly, we think of it as verbal, some people can meditate, and a few contemplate.

It would be like me describing light to a blind man, for me to "prove" its existence to and "non-believer".
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#440500 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
When Alexander the Great born several hundred years before the Jesus story is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.
When Jesus born centuries later is described by christians as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, christians understand that as a fact.
Why would christianity use the same elements of belief of fictional god/men that came before to create their similar story?
Nothing proprietary about christianity.........all done before.
....something is wrong Anthony.
DEVASTATING!
2000 years and billions of believers makes it quite proprietary in my book.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440501 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What knowledge do you believe belongs to you that others don't have in their possessions?
And why do believe if there is a divine plan for humans that other animals don't have the same contact as you seem to believe you have with this universal force or whatever term you favor?

(1) None.
Knowledge is available to everyone. You only attain it if you seek it. How the individual relates it to his environment is a personal matter of choice, depending on the amount and viability of that information(or lack of) and the degree of enlightenment of perception and conscience.

(2a) Did I ever state there is a "divine plan"?
No. BTW- You shouldn't try to put words in my mouth. That's dishonest.

(2b) Non humans have the same contact with their environment as you and I. Whether they have the ability to understand and conceptualize it for what it is is the question...I believe have already made that clear.

You do believe "energy" exists don't you?
You had better-that's where everything that you know of has originated...you ARE the essence and result OF the interaction of energy.
Now, if you don't, then nothing exists either...not even you.
Pinch yourself.

Location hidden

#440502 May 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Pretty Parrot.:) Missed ya... It's hot here today!
Hey Angel!
How are you?
Clay

United States

#440503 May 13, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right!
Oxbow is mentally ill and I am an idiot.
Is this how you defend your pathetic church?
Sorry bro, but I spent a great deal of time last month going over all your crap. And I was nice about it. If you want respect, you'll quit posting lies about Catholics.
And my 'mentally ill' assertion about Ox was no joke; no insult. It was a sincere statement out of concern for his soul. You simply can not take the Bible into your conspiracy fanatical world. Its not where it belongs.

Location hidden

#440504 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! You are some arrogant!
To claim self-knowledge, is to insinuate that others who don't see it your way, don't HAVE your knowledge.
You don't know your self any more than any other person knows their self, and that in all humans leaves much to be desired.

I'm not being arrogant at all.
Are you implying that it is wrong for someone to "know" themselves?
That is the first step to understanding and weighing one's faults and attributes. Without doing that, one can not properly or positively relate to one's environment.
Where have I claimed to be any better than you or anyone else?
How do you know what I know about myself or any other subject? You don't! Don't pretend you do...it is a dishonest tactic.

Are you subverting the discussion to the degradation of name calling?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 740,267
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Lost In Transition 173,856
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min feces for jesus 227,884
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Aura Mytha 259,721
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 47 min well 95,539
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Tim Osman 118,209
Is Incest with mother is most pleasurable of all? (Feb '12) 2 hr Why 27
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 601,184

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••