Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,229)

Showing posts 424,561 - 424,580 of512,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we both have questions....huh?
Why doesn't Christianity believe in all of what Jesus taught?
What are you talking about?
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on-you mentioned "meticulous Roma records".
Now, they don't exist. If they don't exist, how then can you claim them to have been "meticulous"?
If there aren't any records, how can you claim with certitude the circumstance of Pilate's handling of Jesus' case?
You can't.
I'm sorry, but your speculation is just that, and you lied to substantiate it.
Nice spin. There is more evidence that those records existed than there is for Jesus.

1: Those records are known to us simply because they are referred to by other ancient Roman and Greek historians, with no religious bias. I'd wager there are more historical, unambiguous references to these records than to Jesus.

2: I never claimed with certitude how a roman governor handled the case of Jesus. I claim with a degree of certitude -- based on historical records of Pilate and other Roman governors -- how they WOULD NOT and NEVER DID handle such cases.

No? Then perhaps you can show us in history where any other Roman Governor "reluctantly" did anything a local mob wanted him to do.

Yes, a degree of speculation, but why would you object to that? Your entire belief system is based on speculation.

I believe my speculation is consistent with historical record and reason. I make no mystical claims.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
So if anything is possible, and all those other savior-gods did come to earth once and never came again to save those who had absolute faith in their coming ... is it possible that Jesus will not come either???
Will you entertain THAT thought as being a possibility?
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If I believe in Jesus and His teachings, I believe that He will come again.
For a fourth attempt to answer, and you didn't, all you could come up with is this?

First off, you don't believe what Jesus stated. And he never stated that he would be returning - only OTHER men have.

Please state the passage that specifically has Jesus stating, "when I come again....."
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it was. The Catholics simply changes the name Ihcuc in Greek to Jesus and away they went with a new spin on a supposed savior.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
CatholicCulture.Org
I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
So, it IS that you dimply don't know any better?

OK. Have it your way.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

How does this suit your needs Christians.

"Dear Ihcuc ... please save me from my self and take me off to Greek heaven."

Keep in mind ... that ... according to Catholic theologians is the real name of Jesus in Greek literature.

Why do you suppose those Catholic theologians found it necessary to change a supposed holy name OTHER than to start a new religion branching off from Judaism???

WHY???

You should be praying to Ihcuc ... not Jesus.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
This leaves a pretty big question on the table as to what happens to the souls of unbaptized infants.
The grow-up to become "adult souls" who have learned to take time and learn about religious beliefs and then decides upon, after the research, and if applicable, to be a follower or not.

It is quite a simple experience.

Self.
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WISH!!!
If she was a Muslim, you would believe that she was right for her lack of faith in her religion.
You are totally one-sided in your slant on religion.
Totally self-absorbed.
But we all agree on at least 95% of all of mankind's religious dogma.

It's all baloney except for his.

Furthermore, his is most likely based on where he was born and how he was raised.

They have created a geographically small-minded god, with one redeeming feature. Their god gives them spiritual "truth" that others don't have.

Even better, they get to decide what "truth" they want. Obviously, no one here partakes of the "poverty" truth and hard stuff like that. lol, the earliest church fathers obviously didn't have their vast knowledge.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
So if anything is possible, and all those other savior-gods did come to earth once and never came again to save those who had absolute faith in their coming ... is it possible that Jesus will not come either???
<quoted text>
For a fourth attempt to answer, and you didn't, all you could come up with is this?
First off, you don't believe what Jesus stated. And he never stated that he would be returning - only OTHER men have.
Please state the passage that specifically has Jesus stating, "when I come again....."
Amongst other related verses:

John 14:1-4

14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

June will be pissed that He didn't say when, but there it is.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH PLEASE ... don't BE so ignorance.

All Christians are salivating in the hopes that Jesus will come again to save them.

They found it in their bibles ... surely if you search, you can do the same.

If not ... ask them ... NOT me. They claim to know all that stuff is true.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Ignorant

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Have it your way.
Is the "HOLY" name Ihcuc, or is it NOT?

If not, go argue with the Catholic theologians ... not me.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, you're such a buzzkill.
Everyone knows (well, Michael knows) that information just gets in the way of biased rhetoric.
I know. Mike has to justify his rejection of Christianity by latching on to fringe web stories written by simpletons. Working for the Canadian Department of Motor Vehicles for 30 years does things to people....

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not a Christian, why don't you fess up to which religion you adhere?
You keep quoting Jesus, so I presume you at least believe in the idea that Jesus will save if people believe the righteous way.
like it or lump it ... heaven versus hell is the basis of Christianity. You either end up one place or the other.
I have and in this and other forums.

My posts are there for you to read - go find them.

As for what Jesus teaches - we get to save ourselves by our actions we take toard ourselves and others.
- "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus

Pretty simple - no religion is required.

As for your supposition of:
"you at least believe in the idea that Jesus will save if people believe the righteous way."
- Where did I say this?

"like it or lump it ... heaven versus hell is the basis of Christianity. You either end up one place or the other."
- That is because Christianity uses fear to keep its followers. I've moved past the words of men.
- I will state this for you - "God" has no control over this "world". "He" MAY have a string to pull in the spiritual world, but not here. Why you may ask?
+ too many "bad things" show that "He" does not participate in correcting the wrongs.

All one needs is to realize that we control our own destiny.

No religion required.

Self.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

<quoted text>
The grow-up to become "adult souls" who have learned to take time and learn about religious beliefs and then decides upon, after the research, and if applicable, to be a follower or not.
It is quite a simple experience.
Self.
....as if "adult souls" don't do this already.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the "HOLY" name Ihcuc, or is it NOT?
If not, go argue with the Catholic theologians ... not me.
Only you brought this up, not I. Repeated diversions are still diversions.

Historically, Jesus existed as a man and historians do not believe otherwise.

Thanks.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
095 012
<quoted text>
You are so far out asea, its pathetic!!!!
The Apostle's Creed, which I was taught some 74 years ago, I believed then, and still do today..in part....says:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.
Amen.
It plainly says God is not Christ....Christ is not God....which is supported by Scripture...
A. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
See that word "and"...See "His only Son".
B. He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty
See "sitteth at the right hand of God"....if. as you say, God and Christ are one, how is it that Christ is sitting at the right hand of God!!!!!!
When my eyes and ears were opened, some 40 years ago, I deleted "the holy Catholic Church" because not all of its teaching are based on Scripture.
And, I deleted "the communion of saints" because: The communion of saints (in Latin, communio sanctorum), when referred to persons, is the spiritual union of the members of the Christian Church, living and the dead, those on earth, in heaven, and, for those who believe in purgatory, those also who are in that state of purification.
There is no purgatory to believe in!!!!
I clarified that there were different forms and I quoted the Nicene Creed which you should have known being a former Catholic.
Do you believe in Jesus Christ, One Being with the Father; Consubstantial with the Father; By the power of the Holy Spirit??

Yes or No. Is Jesus Christ ONE Being with God???

Don't run away. Its only one word... yes or no?

That's what I thought.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Have it your way.
Nice dodge by the way .

And you still haven't answered my question.

Is it possible that as all the saviors didn't come to earth when promised by other theologians, that Ihcuc also will not come?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WISH!!!
If she was a Muslim, you would believe that she was right for her lack of faith in her religion.
You are totally one-sided in your slant on religion.
Totally self-absorbed.
LOL.

Um, Mother Teresa isn't noted for a lack of faith. Were that true, then the doubts she experienced would be of no import.

Unlike you, I'm not so self absorbed that I live in my own reality where fact is what I declare it to be.

Thanks.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
....as if "adult souls" don't do this already.
"adult souls???"

Are those the ones that are "perfected."

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only you brought this up, not I. Repeated diversions are still diversions.
Historically, Jesus existed as a man and historians do not believe otherwise.
Thanks.
If his name was Ihcuc in Greek ... should his name not still be Ihcuc?

Why the sudden change by the Catholics?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 424,561 - 424,580 of512,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

507 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Divinity Surgeon 216,881
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min nanoanomaly 680,104
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min yon 398
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 min -USA-1 37,858
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min who 250,371
I'm want to have sex with my mom (Jun '11) 19 min Dr J 132
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 20 min bill34b87 246
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min River Tam 596,520
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Some1 Else 89,563
•••
•••
•••