Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650183 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#440628 May 14, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent. Like how does anyone keep up with someone else's delusion?
It keeps changing, although Catholics are in denial on this.
One day the Catholic church teaches with perfect authority that all Protestants will go to Hell.
The next day, we are told "not so." Protestants can go to Heaven maybe.
Yet their "perfect teachings" of over 400 years are well documented in both word and deed. We are then told that their "perfect teachings" can change and still remain "perfect."
This is the essence of a delusion. Nowhere else in their lives can something be both perfect and imperfect. This can only occur in a delusion.
Try to keep up.
And you do the same, please.

The Church has always taught of salvation only through the Church. They now teach that it is POSSIBLE that others may attain Heaven (if they're ignorant of the Gospel of Christ) but they have always mainained that salvation is through the Church.

The disposition of protestants, etc. to Hell wasn't doctrinal.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440629 May 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay , you are blind is true.
The truth is the Bible is all about Jesus from Genesis to Revelations.
The Bible is not about your Catholic Church or a Protestant church.
Its all about Jesus .
Jesus came preaching the Kingdom of God; showing us the love of God through the example of how He lived His life.
Even onto death, Jesus proved God's love for all people.
How many times did Jesus refer to the O.T. scriptures when He sat teaching not only the disciples but also the multitudes of people.
Some people truly understood what Jesus was saying , others didn't.
Some tried to control what was being said and others, felt if they couldn't control the people they would join them but how to make a profit religion's .
The Romans and the Jews who worked together to crucify Christ.
As many as the Romans killed who believed in Jesus and "THE WAY"
Thousands more roses up so the Romans decided to allow their faith, but it was mingled with pagan religions corruption just as Peter and Paul prophesied entered the church.
It became the Roman Catholic Church.
People were not free to worship the God of Abraham, Moses, Jacob,
The Roman Catholic Church made sure of that, instead of destroying the idols that the romans worshipped, they changes the names on them . To What the Catholic church worship as Saints today.
The statue they claim is Mary , is the statue of the Pagan sun goddess, blood offerings were given to some of the roman idols before they were give the name of the saints.
As much as I am sure you Love God Clay, I am just as sure and know without a doubt you are sitting in a church with a false prophet, and false teachings, that you are following as truth.
I am not a lover of Luther; I am however a lover of God, and His truth taught by Jesus , and what I read in the bible.
Even if all Jesus taught is not in the Bible, the catholic teaching must agree with what is in the bible and not contradict, what the bible says, and the Catholic doctrine does just that.
The bible says we are not to consult the dead, bow to idols, and to pray to God allow, and have no other gods before Almighty God.
The catholic church does all of the above , teaching the opposite
of what god says 'THOU SHALL NOT DO'.
there IS ONLY ONE WAY TO THE KINGDOM OF GOD; IT'S THOUGH JESUS NOT THE CATHOIC CHURCH. SORRY CLAY THAT IS THE TRUTH.
LTM-

Why chastise Clay and the Catholic Church for anything RE: the Bible?

You don't even believe what the Bible tells us about Jesus. Earlier this week you insisted that Christ didn't drink wine nor create wine at Cana, nor do you believe He is present in the Eucharist, despite "black letter" scripture saying just those things.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440630 May 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
What has "God" revealed to you that would allow you to "know many things about Him"?
Why hasn't "He" did this for the rest of mankind - if "His" goal is to indeed, have everyone follow "Him"?
Why hasn't all other religions been disbanded because of what "He revealed to you"?
I'd figure, if you have had miraculous "God" induced help, I'd think you would be all over the world preaching this message and showing the video proof that "He" assisted you in a good way.
I want this "good" too.
Why are you a sole individual and others have not been included?
Are you afraid "God" won't like you doing that - for "Him"?
Your statement seems to be missing some critical information for others.
Please clarify.
Thanks!
Why do you and June insist that others think that God only "favors" them? What God has revealed about Himself is for everyone.
Starting with these assumptions:
1. There is a Creator, and
2. That Creator is Omniscient, Omnibenevolent, Omnipresent.
Then certain things follow.

However, if you want to start with these assumptions:
1. There is no God, and
2. He is Evil

Then you have something entirely different.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440631 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are a few:
I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you. 1 Corinthians 11:2
But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. John 21:25
I had much to write you, but I would rather not write with pen and ink; I hope to see you soon, and we will talk together face to face.[3 John 13-14]
...what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.[2 Tim. 2:2]
So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us (Apostles), either by word of mouth (oral) or by letter (Epistle).[2 Thess. 2:15]
First of all you must understand this, that no prophesy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.[2 Peter 1:20-21]
...the household of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.[1 Tim. 3:15]
Golly, this one found a contradiction in the Bible. Shocker!

At the same time, the Bible says it is complete -- "that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."

And then it says no, tradition is also needed.

Maybe God did this so mankind will argue and kill each other over who is correct.

This is God's joke is on humanity, because even after centuries of debate, arguing, torture, and many, many wars, we still have no definitive answer.

Can anyone find any other contradictions?

Of course they can. It's a delusion, so contradictions abound. That's the meal ticket for clergy.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#440632 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are a few:
I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you. 1 Corinthians 11:2
But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. John 21:25
I had much to write you, but I would rather not write with pen and ink; I hope to see you soon, and we will talk together face to face.[3 John 13-14]
...what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.[2 Tim. 2:2]
So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us (Apostles), either by word of mouth (oral) or by letter (Epistle).[2 Thess. 2:15]
First of all you must understand this, that no prophesy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.[2 Peter 1:20-21]
...the household of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.[1 Tim. 3:15]
2 Peter 1

19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto you do well that you take heed, as to a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Knowing this first - Considering this as a first principle, that no prophecy of the Scripture, whether that referred to above, or any other, is of any private interpretation - proceeds from the prophet's own knowledge or invention, or was the offspring of calculation or conjecture. The word &#949;&#960;&#953; &#955;&#965;&#963; &#953;&#962; signifies also impetus, impulse; and probably this is the best sense here; not by the mere private impulse of his own mind.

Which means the prophets didn't give their own private interpretation . God gave it to them through the Holy Spirit.
They didn't think it up in their own heads.
That is what that scripture means Dan.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440633 May 14, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Golly, this one found a contradiction in the Bible. Shocker!
At the same time, the Bible says it is complete -- "that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
And then it says no, tradition is also needed.
Maybe God did this so mankind will argue and kill each other over who is correct.
This is God's joke is on humanity, because even after centuries of debate, arguing, torture, and many, many wars, we still have no definitive answer.
Can anyone find any other contradictions?
Of course they can. It's a delusion, so contradictions abound. That's the meal ticket for clergy.
Religion is essentially a quest for truth.

I'm not sure why you work so hard to disabuse people of an effort you yourself would (presumably) undertake.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440634 May 14, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Catholics worship a Quadune.
"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh." Catholic National July 1895.
"We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty" ...Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20, 1894,
"For thou art the shepherd, thou art the physician, thou art the director, thou art the husbandman, finally thou art another God on earth." Labbe and Cossart's "History of the Councils." Vol. XIV, col. 109
The title "Lord God the Pope" is found within a gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII, title 14, chapter 4, In an Antwerp edition of the Extravagantes, the words, "Dominum Deum Nostrum Papam" (Our Lord God the Pope) can be found in column 153. In a Paris edition, they are found in column 140.
"The pope is the supreme judge of the law of the land ... He is the vicegerent of Christ, and is not only a priest forever, but also King of kings and Lord of lords"--La Civilta Cattolica, March 18, 1871.
"It seems that Pope John Paul II now presides over the universal Church from his place upon Christ's cross," said Bishop Dunn, who travelled with seven other prelates to Rome. Taken from an article entitled, "Auckland Bishop Says Pope Presides From the Cross" AUCKLAND, New Zealand, SEPT. 20, 2004 -Zenit.org (Article # ZE04092001)
Whenever someone insists they know the beliefs of someone else (when they really don't) and then spends countless hours condemning them for believing those things, it's a sure sign that they don't have any substantial beliefs of their own.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440635 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you and June insist that others think that God only "favors" them? What God has revealed about Himself is for everyone.
Starting with these assumptions:
1. There is a Creator, and
2. That Creator is Omniscient, Omnibenevolent, Omnipresent.
Then certain things follow.
However, if you want to start with these assumptions:

Then you have something entirely different.
Brilliant! 1. There is no God, and 2. He is Evil.

Only in a delusion does that "logic" work.

As for the "Creator is Omniscient, Omnibenevolent, Omnipresent."

Why did most of Asia, Africa, and all of the Americas miss out on this "omnipresent god" for many centuries?

Daddy-god send his son-god to suffer and die "for mankind," but no contemporary eyewitness accounts survive, and no way to spread the message to all of mankind equally for almost 2000 years.

Heck, it took over 300 years after the fact before the first groups of Christians stopped killing each other over the supposed meaning of it all.

Omniscient, Omnibenevolent, Omnipresent?

Nope, just delusional.

Let us pray....

"Dear Jesus, please cure all cancer in mankind tomorrow. We ask in your name as we were taught by you many times. Amen."

Anything yet from Mr. Omnibenevolent?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440636 May 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Peter 1
19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto you do well that you take heed, as to a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Knowing this first - Considering this as a first principle, that no prophecy of the Scripture, whether that referred to above, or any other, is of any private interpretation - proceeds from the prophet's own knowledge or invention, or was the offspring of calculation or conjecture. The word &#949;&#960;&#953; &#955;&#965;&#963; &#953;&#962; signifies also impetus, impulse; and probably this is the best sense here; not by the mere private impulse of his own mind.
Which means the prophets didn't give their own private interpretation . God gave it to them through the Holy Spirit.
They didn't think it up in their own heads.
That is what that scripture means Dan.
It means that scripture doesn't mean what you yourself decide it means.

As such, that blows the protestant precept of private interpretation of scripture out of the water.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440637 May 14, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant! 1. There is no God, and 2. He is Evil.
Only in a delusion does that "logic" work.
As for the "Creator is Omniscient, Omnibenevolent, Omnipresent."
Why did most of Asia, Africa, and all of the Americas miss out on this "omnipresent god" for many centuries?
Daddy-god send his son-god to suffer and die "for mankind," but no contemporary eyewitness accounts survive, and no way to spread the message to all of mankind equally for almost 2000 years.
Heck, it took over 300 years after the fact before the first groups of Christians stopped killing each other over the supposed meaning of it all.
Omniscient, Omnibenevolent, Omnipresent?
Nope, just delusional.
Let us pray....
"Dear Jesus, please cure all cancer in mankind tomorrow. We ask in your name as we were taught by you many times. Amen."
Anything yet from Mr. Omnibenevolent?
Imposing strictures on someone else is something you argue against in your posts, claiming that it's what religion does.

Here, you impose your own strictures on an omniscient, omnipresent, etc. being (i.e. someone other than yourself) as the sole construct of your argument.

Indeed, "Only in a delusion does that "logic" work."

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440638 May 14, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
This is God's joke is on humanity, because even after centuries of debate, arguing, torture, and many, many wars, we still have no definitive answer.
If the gods and goddesses existed, they couldn't help but believe that the humans they created were and are the biggest joke of all.

A cruel joke, but still ... the biggest joke in the universe.

To torture, imprison and kill each other over whose fortune-telling is on the mark of truth and whose isn't has to be the most bizarre behavior ever.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#440639 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Profitable"?
Yes.
Sufficient? No.
If I'm driving a car, it is profitable for me to have a drivers license. It's not sufficient, as I also need a car and a set of keys.
~~~

Even in your Roman catholic arrogance...

GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION AS GIVEN IN THE BIBLE needs none of your

pagan input...

I guess you would say that the sins that your pagan idolatry has added to the earth has made it more perfect...

To name some of them are

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Is the above your automobile and your keys?

This above is brought about by the icons, idols, statues, and images...

One only has to observe the result of your religiosity, that has contaminated God's earth.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440640 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever someone insists they know the beliefs of someone else (when they really don't) and then spends countless hours condemning them for believing those things, it's a sure sign that they don't have any substantial beliefs of their own.
Especially when their argument isn't sourced from what the "someone else" actually DOES teach.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440641 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is essentially a quest for truth.
Being willing to scrutinize one's own religious beliefs as not being on the mark of truth, is being on a quest for truth.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#440642 May 14, 2013
Peter saw the glory of God in Moss, Elijah and Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration, and exclaimed that he would build THREE tabernacles, one for each of them.

God exclaimed,'THIS is My beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased. Hear ye HIM'!

The CC has built tabernacles to multiple 'saints' and 'ladies'(Our Lady of Guadalupe, etc.) Cathedral of St. Thomas, St. Bartholomew, etc.

God even buried Moses secretly so that the people could not establish a 'Tabernacle of Moses'.

God was not shaming Moses and Elijah on the mountain...He was establishing that Jesus alone was His (only) begotten Son...the ONLY ONE Who could redeem mankind.

Hear HIM...

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440643 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you and June insist that others think that God only "favors" them? What God has revealed about Himself is for everyone.
If it's there for everyone, then your way is just one way among all the other ways, and that means you can stop preaching that you know what this god expects of others ... RIGHT?
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#440644 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all you must understand this, that no prophesy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.[2 Peter 1:20-21]
I agree Dan;
The Prophets prophesied, what God told them . it wasn't their thoughts Dan, they only said what God told them to say.
When we read or write scripture we only saying what the prophets wrote, being inspired by the Holy Spirit
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440645 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Being willing to scrutinize one's own religious beliefs as not being on the mark of truth, is being on a quest for truth.
Who inferred otherwise?

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440646 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't see God caring. Your anger is blinding you.
Maybe if you could picture gypsies fighting over whose crystal-ball allows them to see the future in a more clear light, you would understand that is how I see you bible-thumpers who are sure you see truth in every word you pluck out of your favorite scriptures.

You are being silly, and it's laughable, but nothing to be angry about.

:)

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440647 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all you must understand this, that no prophesy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.[2 Peter 1:20-21]
Do you believe that words in the Qur'an came from the same supposed holy spirit???

My guess is ... NOT.

You are self-absorbed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Clearwater 56,130
Ayurveda oil massage 6 min rahul 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 25 min ChristineM 445,896
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr Aussie Kev 2,322
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 6 hr akon mason 70
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Peace_Warrior 618,575
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 7 hr Johnny 4,848
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr Steve III 44,955
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr another viewer 971,759
More from around the web