Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
424,521 - 424,540 of 538,793 Comments Last updated 47 min ago
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440353 May 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So are the words in GoThomas.
Why do you believe what men have prescribed for you and not what Jesus or his Apostles have?
<quoted text>
You don't understand the passage. That is why I am correcting your statement.
<quoted text>
This is no need for me to stand in line with anyone. Especially since they are just like Catholica, still only beleiving in a portion of Jesus.
"Know thyself" isn't license to project "thyself" upon others, is it? I didn't think Gnosticism was Gnowitallicism.

You may interpret as you wish, but no need to presume my need for correction. As they say, keep it to your......

Self.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440354 May 13, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
You are now saying they rejected him only after he died and stopped teaching.
If Jesus had been teaching he was a god, yes, he would have been rejected during his lifetime.
But he was teaching that we could all have his power. So when he was alive, he wasn't claiming to be god.
You should find out what "son of God" meant to the Jews of the day. They called King David and others the same "son of God," but never was it meant the way you take it today.
Or remain willfully ignorant and keep slandering the Jews.
They rejected Him during His lifetime.

I didn't slander anyone.

Jews DON'T think Jesus was the messiah.

Remember the mnemonic device. Use it.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440355 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm Catholic.
Actually, everything after that kind of points to man's ineptitude.
The arrogance of Catholicism.

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

#440356 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews of the time rejected the teachings of Jesus.
If you believe that is true, then you should check on who rejected the teachings. It wouldn't BE faithful Jews. It would be ex-Jew Catholics wanting to start their break-away religion AWAY from the true form of Judaism.

If you use your brain to question your dogmas you will see that your dogmas are lies.

Of course all dogmas based on fortune telling ARE lies, as the future is not ours to see.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440357 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm Catholic.
Actually, everything after that kind of points to man's ineptitude.
It get it now.

Daddy-god created man, but somehow didn't figure in man's ineptitude when sending son-god to die on their behalf.

So daddy-god isn't inept. Just daddy-god's own creation and somehow daddy-god had no idea.

LOL, ever own an ant farm? That's like blaming the ants when a kid knocks over his ant farm.

You can't make it sound sensible or reasonable, because it's only a delusion -- just like all other gods in history.

Houston, Canada

#440358 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link didn't work. My fault, I guess.
Sans citation, I can't really reply to your run-out here.
Cite the Ihcuc thing you source and let me see it.
Nothing wrong with "Harry", BTW. My twin brother's name is Harry.
So henceforth the name Jesus shall be called Harry.

I have written it, so it will be true.

:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440359 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
He was with me in one of my last incarnations.
Please don't fault me. I couldn't resist him as he was one super-hot tamale ... I tell you!
And that business about him not enjoying sex???... well that's another story for a later time.
:)
That explains quite a bit.

Someone (probably not Jesus) f****d your brains out.

Albuquerque, NM

#440360 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume their prerogative of interpreting scripture yourself, so back to the line.
Nah - I just read them, and follow them in the context that they were intended.

It's not to hard for someone to understand.....it is pretty simplified for even you.....

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

....well - I can see how you don't understand this teaching, you are not a follower of Jesus.

Self.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440361 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that is true, then you should check on who rejected the teachings. It wouldn't BE faithful Jews. It would be ex-Jew Catholics wanting to start their break-away religion AWAY from the true form of Judaism.
If you use your brain to question your dogmas you will see that your dogmas are lies.
Of course all dogmas based on fortune telling ARE lies, as the future is not ours to see.
Well, I'm going to counter you here and say that the
ex-Jew Catholics wanting to break away probably DIDN'T reject Jesus' teachings.

......as they evidently didn't.

The Jewish establishment of the day did reject Jesus' teachings.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440362 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
The arrogance of Catholicism.
Yeah.

I'm arrogant.

Man is inept, God not so much.

When's the lightning hit?

Houston, Canada

#440363 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, if you're going to reply to yourself, why ask me questions?
I was asking you a question, that you refused to answer. Note the last sentence.

I get it. You will believe that other savior-gods didn't come even the first time around, much less the second time around as promised by other theologians. But you WILL believe that a savior will come the second time around to save you.
Is that because you believe all the other people didn't deserve a savior ... but you are so special that the savior is BOUND to come?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440364 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They rejected Him during His lifetime.
I didn't slander anyone.
Jews DON'T think Jesus was the messiah.
Remember the mnemonic device. Use it.
The Jew's messiah was never supposed to be a god.

The messiah was supposed to be another warrior like King David, who was also called "son of god."

You also refused to address the fact that Jesus taught more than once that we could have his same power. Why would a god say that?

You slander the Jews in order to support your delusion. Thankfully, you can't legally kill them any longer. Nor kill me either. A true God would never need such compulsion.
Human Being

Breaux Bridge, LA

#440365 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Teresa forced herself against her own conscience to keep the faith in Catholic dogmas.
And for that she will made into a Catholic saint.
June VanDerMark:

Conscience in a religious sense is different than the social sense(feeling good about one's decisions), and is only part of a free-will.

Also an informed conscience(in a philosophical sense), in making decisions is a highly complex set of variables(primarily virtues vs vices) to perform when done correctly.

Most children are forced to clean up their rooms. Most don't feel good about doing the work, but afterward various forms of "feeling good" are achieved.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440367 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
It get it now.
Daddy-god created man, but somehow didn't figure in man's ineptitude when sending son-god to die on their behalf.
So daddy-god isn't inept. Just daddy-god's own creation and somehow daddy-god had no idea.
LOL, ever own an ant farm? That's like blaming the ants when a kid knocks over his ant farm.
You can't make it sound sensible or reasonable, because it's only a delusion -- just like all other gods in history.
Inept men rejected son-god. Crucified Him. Daddy-god knew this was going to happen as did son-god. Part of daddy-god plan.

Inept man remains inept (surprise).

Albuquerque, NM

#440368 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Know thyself" isn't license to project "thyself" upon others, is it?
I never implied it was.

It requires you, yes Dan, you, to define yourself - not others.

It won't be the RCC or any other Catholic standing next to you helping you when your death comes to fruition.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think Gnosticism was Gnowitallicism.
It isn't. So you are correct.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You may interpret as you wish, but no need to presume my need for correction. As they say, keep it to your......
Self.
I don't presume anything. You used the passage in the wrong context, and I showed you how you did. No presumption at all.

And yes, your choice to make that claim is all Self.

No religion is required.

Houston, Canada

#440369 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You may believe as you wish. I for one, disagree, and I would suspect many others will agree with my position.
All those in religion will agree with you. That's most of the people in the world.

But the problem is ... you don't agree with each other about who is telling truth and who is telling lies.

I believe all myths of fortune telling are based on misinformation, and that I won't know anything until it happens ... if it even ever does happen.

Houston, Canada

#440370 May 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Conscience in a religious sense is different than the social sense(feeling good about one's decisions), and is only part of a free-will.
Also an informed conscience(in a philosophical sense), in making decisions is a highly complex set of variables(primarily virtues vs vices) to perform when done correctly.
Most children are forced to clean up their rooms. Most don't feel good about doing the work, but afterward various forms of "feeling good" are achieved.
You and you nonsensical philosophical jargon could fill a book that might in turn be a best seller to those who prefer jargon.

Albuquerque, NM

#440371 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
I'm arrogant.
Man is inept, God not so much.
When's the lightning hit?
THanks for your honesty it is noted.

If man is inept, and men wrote the Bible, that designates that teh Bible is not of "God", thus is inept.

In other words - you agree with my previous statement of "fallible men cannot define an infallible god."

Thanks for clearing that up.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#440372 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Very unequal.
The Holy Spirit is always coming in last. How many church are named after the "Holy Spirit?"
There are churches named after Mary, "Queen of Heaven" (not an official goddess BTW). There are churches named after her son.
But seriously, are there any named after the Holy Spirit (formerly Holy Ghost)?
Holy Ghost, Knoxville, TN.

Holyhttp://holyghostknoxville. org/

Holy Ghost, Denver, Co.

http://www.holyghostchurch.info/

HOly Ghost, Houston, TX.

http://holyghostchurch.net/

The Church of the Holy Ghost, Whitman, MA

http://www.holyghostwhitman.org/

Holy Ghost Church, Rochester, NY

http://www.holyghostrochester.org/

etc. etc. etc.

I used google. It was easy.
Clay

United States

#440373 May 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you my belief that Christ is not God...and that God is not Christ....that is supported by the Catholic Apostle's Creed...that is what it teaches..it is based on Scripture.
You cannot show me the Holy Trinity that shows God is Christ and Christ is God....they are not the same....God said it...Christ said it....read your Bible....
- you can stop pretending to be a Christian now.

-if you are going to interpret sacred scripture like that, you might want to prove that Christ instructed us to do so.

- can you provide a verse where Christ teaches that the Bible is the sole source and provider of teachings on His Ministry?

- if I'm understanding your mindset correctly... you are taking the NT scriptures away from the Church that gathered, labeled and safeguarded em for 1600 + yrs and designing your own religion based on what you see from your eyes, and ignoring what was actually taught by the Apostles when they ALREADY explained their writings???

- how can you walk with balls the size of watermelons??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min macumazahn 732,716
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Name 599,824
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min onemale 257,848
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 32 min bad bob 173,274
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 32 min Commander Bunny 8
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 45 min Ruby88 53,187
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 1 hr Malia 80
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 94,645
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr well 226,244
•••