Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646605 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#440588 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't have knowledge. I have opinions.
What DO you know about your self that makes you certain you understand your self?
Joan Vandervaden....you quoting ability is revealed below.....

I have opinions. No I don't have knowledge.

Know about your self that makes you certain you understand your self what do you know.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440589 May 13, 2013
Human Intelligence (frequently abbreviated HUMINT)

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#440590 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what was stated at all.
Again-you are leaving out the entirety of the post in a dishonest attempt to deflect and misappropriate my words.
Here is the post in it's entirety.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What knowledge do you believe belongs to you that others don't have in their possessions?
And why do believe if there is a divine plan for humans that other animals don't have the same contact as you seem to believe you have with this universal force or whatever term you favor?
Bt42 wrote:
<quoted text>
(1) None.
Knowledge is available to everyone. You only attain it if you seek it. How the individual relates it to his environment is a personal matter of choice, depending on the amount and viability of that information(or lack of) and the degree of enlightenment of perception and conscience.
(2a) Did I ever state there is a "divine plan"?
No. BTW- You shouldn't try to put words in my mouth. That's dishonest.
(2b) Non humans have the same contact with their environment as you and I. Whether they have the ability to understand and conceptualize it for what it is is the question...I believe have already made that clear.
You do believe "energy" exists don't you?
You had better-that's where everything that you know of has originated...you ARE the essence and result OF the interaction of energy.
Now, if you don't, then nothing exists either...not even you.
Pinch yourself.
So if knowledge is available to everyone, is everyone knowledgeable, or does that just pertain to people who claim to know their selves?

Quesnel, Canada

#440591 May 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Joan Vandervaden....you quoting ability is revealed below.....
I have opinions. No I don't have knowledge.
Know about your self that makes you certain you understand your self what do you know.
My words were

What DO you know about your self that makes you certain you understand your self?

Quesnel, Canada

#440592 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what was stated at all.
Again-you are leaving out the entirety of the post in a dishonest attempt to deflect and misappropriate my words.
Here is the post in it's entirety.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What knowledge do you believe belongs to you that others don't have in their possessions?
I did get that part mixed up.

You indicated that knowledge is available for everyone.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440593 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the source of this energy? From your perception, is it aware, or is it simply a natural phenomena?
Energy IS. It is purely natural. It always was. It can not be destroyed-only change form. It is the interaction of waves of energy that produce the illusion of "solid matter", and we know there is no such thing as truly solid matter through the application of science.
Aware? I don't believe it is "aware" in the sense of cognizent(such as in the human mind).

Quesnel, Canada

#440594 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is the case with almost everyone.
They have been taught they can just hand all their iniquities over to some deity, and all is well.
Do you believe the source of the energy is aware, or is simply a natural phenomena?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#440595 May 13, 2013
524 514 488
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you comprehend why others reject your belief, you will know why you reject theirs.
It's all based on arrogance.
I fail to see the need to respond to any words an avowed atheist has to say on the subject...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#440596 May 13, 2013
5) The eighth admonition which is most precious: a pastor must be wise by the word of God alone: in which we have perfectly delivered to us, whatever pertains to discerning, knowing and establishing true opinions, and to prove which opinions are false: and furthermore, to correct evil manners, and to establish good.

Quesnel, Canada

#440597 May 13, 2013
With all the people claiming to know what the many deities expects of humans, there must not be any stories left to tell.

I wonder who, if anyone has their stories aligned to any semblance of truth?

It's probably comparable to shooting at a target in the dark.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#440598 May 13, 2013
3:16 All scripture is inspired of God - The Spirit of God not only once inspired those who wrote it, but continually inspires, supernaturally assists, those that read it with earnest prayer. Hence it is so profitable for doctrine, for instruction of the ignorant, for the reproof or conviction of them that are in error or sin, for the correction or amendment of whatever is amiss, and for instructing or training up the children of God in all righteousness.

Location hidden

#440599 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're entwining a few of your fanatical pamphlets with what the Church REALLY teaches about the Papacy.
If you were interested in what Catholics actually believe and teach, I might take a few moments to show you. But we both know you could give a rats behind about truth. You need your deceit in order to function as a group.
I'll follow Pope Francis because he's the successor to Peter. He's not God. He is not personally infallible. He is a sinner. But Christ promised His Church would be protected from error. The Pope does not error when he sits in the chair of Saint Peter. It couldn't be any other way.
The first Apostles had a leader after Christ left and so did their successors.
You can follow David Koresh's successor whoever that may be ..
"fanatical pamphlets?????!!!!!"

Catholic National July 1895.

Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20, 1894,

Labbe and Cossart's "History of the Councils." Vol. XIV, col. 109

Extravagantes of Pope John XXII, title 14, chapter 4,

La Civilta Cattolica, March 18, 1871.

Bishop Dunn

Location hidden

#440600 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not deflecting. I do think you believe you are above the norm in smarts, and that if you were for instance in a concentration camp, you would come down to earth in a hurry, and realize that life is not so simply cut and dried.
I know you are not a Christian, but I do get the impression that you are feigning knowledge that from my perspective, you don't own any more than the rest of us.
Really?
What do you know about my "wonderful" life?
Nothing. You only assume.
Do you think I am beyond eating bugs or roots, or surviving on the moisture provided by the plants or urine?
I will tell you this...I can survive in many environments that others will not...because I actually know how. So, I guess that makes me "smarter" than many others in that respect doesn't it?
That knowledge is "available". Hopefully you don't suddenly find that you need it and don't have it.
NOTHING in life is "cut and dried"- NOTHING

Location hidden

#440601 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I have to learn my plants. I didn't know a Tiger Lily could be masculine or feminine. I thought it was simply a plant.
Calling a plant "bro" is beyond stupidity!!!!!

Location hidden

#440602 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone can ever "completely" know or understand their "self" totally and objectively.
I think that one must first look at truth, justice, and fairness. Then compare their past and present life thoughts and actions to that standard(honestly). Try to understand how and why it affected themselves and their environment. That is how one comes to "know" himself/herself. He/she will not like what they find. If they are truly honest, they will do their best to correct those iniquities, and become better persons(for themselves), and in so doing, will be an asset to themselves and the ALL.
Once one has set that course, they will do everything possible to better their understanding to that end.
I can only hope that everyone could see and understand that.
It is not something new. This was taught over 4000 years ago.
I am still a work in progress. There is no graduation or diploma involved.

Location hidden

#440603 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe the source of the energy is aware, or is simply a natural phenomena?
I already stated that it is "natural" until it can be proven otherwise. IMO.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#440604 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Angel!
How are you?
I'm doing fantastic! It was hot today, but beautiful by the beach... It looked something like this...

http://o4.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/...

Enjoy my friend. SL :)

Location hidden

#440605 May 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm doing fantastic! It was hot today, but beautiful by the beach... It looked something like this...
http://o4.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/...
Enjoy my friend. SL :)
Beautiful!
Thank you!
I would enjoy being at the ocean at sunrise again. It is something you have to experience in person. There are no words to explain it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#440606 May 13, 2013
i don't see red eyes not at all why Jesus need scare anyone..o what a shame..as well water as well furnace..please tell me why you think that Jesus can't control..then he is without any divine..he is as well he can control
after all why you think that Jesus not know humans especial woman..what you talking oxy..

yes i see grey nice white hair as well yes i hear water..now

Why you think Jesus need scare someone?
no

Did you see my svraka=birds..oh they attacking my lovely friends in second street up first on corner..on balcony kra kra kra kradljivci kradljivci..i think they see something unusual..but but hi hi hi they come when i past oh must be they fill great freedom..i love them..we feed them with bread ..give who is hungry.
truth

Perth, Australia

#440607 May 13, 2013
I have another two guest my pigeons..they love each other..oh cmock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,063
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Aura Mytha 971,689
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr karl44 105,620
Antwan Carter 1 hr SnowBunny1 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr VIKING 48,735
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,755
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 44,687
More from around the web