Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590666 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#440325 May 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"....you ask for sources of evidence"
is history good enough evidence for you?
if so, here's some for you:
the history of Israel (Old Testament)
the history of Jesus and the beginnings of the Church Age (New Testament)!
feel free to continue in darkness, but you won't be found innocent!
The OT doesn't claim a man named Jesus was the son of God. The OT is all about the jews. Jews do not believe in sons of God, or the trinity. Was there a man named Jesus 2,000 years ago? According to St Paul he listed upwards of 20 men named Jesus. Will the real Jesus please stand up?

NT claims Jesus was the son of God born a Jew. Practiced his jewish faith all his life, yet jews do not believe in sons of God.

...again a man claiming to be the son of God, practicing a belief that does not believe in sons of God.

Isn't that like a Toronto Maple leaf fan sitting in a Boston Bruins cheering section?(lol)

A man named Jesus practicing his jewish faith in a temple his entire life, then at the very end, dumps his life long belief that didn't believe in him, starts a brand new religion, with no plan of operation, no rules or regulations.

Never did a man named Jesus ever enter a catholic church. Never did a jewish man named Jesus ever pray to God on a sunday.........saturday was his life long sabbath, but others changed that to sunday without him even knowing.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440326 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
The holy spirit is suppose to be guiding the catholic church. No one else just the catholic church, but for some reason the holy spirit never informed the hirearchy of the thousands of sexual abuses that were going on right under the noses of all those roman catholic officials that claim they get guidance from above.
Somebody slipped up bigtime!
I'm coining it:

Reductio ad scandalum.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#440327 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The words in John are attributed to Jesus.
Your second line appears to document your having noticed that.
Stand in line with the protestants respective to your opinion of how I understand the passage. Plenty of self-appointed experts in that group.
Can you verify to me that the 4 names associated with the 4 gospels were the actual men who wrote them, or do you just follow the crowd and heresay?

Shouldn't you know this?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#440328 May 13, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two possibilities.
A: Jesus is a god, but the trinity was completely inept in getting a clear and unambiguous message out to humanity, or.....
B: Jesus is not a god.
Since the definition of God excludes being inept, I go with "B."
If the 3 persons in one God are all equal persons in one god, why is it that God the father sends the other to two persons of God on missions, and he makes all the decisions for the other two persons of God?

For those that believe in the trinity, its obvious equality cannot be if they are all equal to each other. One of the persons has to be the final decision maker.

Its all crazyness......
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440329 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
There are two possibilities.
A: Jesus is a god, but the trinity was completely inept in getting a clear and unambiguous message out to humanity, or.....
B: Jesus is not a god.
Since the definition of God excludes being inept, I go with "B."
Or

C: None of the above

Here we are, in humanity, and the message seems fairly widespread (you're on a message board about the subject with 22,000 pages); so there goes A and B.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440330 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you verify to me that the 4 names associated with the 4 gospels were the actual men who wrote them, or do you just follow the crowd and heresay?
Shouldn't you know this?
?

I'm sorry-I don't recall having discussed the authors of the canonical Gospels.

Do you have a question here?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440331 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
The holy spirit is suppose to be guiding the catholic church. No one else just the catholic church, but for some reason the holy spirit never informed the hirearchy of the thousands of sexual abuses that were going on right under the noses of all those roman catholic officials that claim they get guidance from above.
Somebody slipped up bigtime!
Maybe that's why we don't see statues or pictures of the Holy Spirit.

We have pictures of daddy-god, with a stern look, stiff brow and big beard.

We know Jesus was a good-looking hippie type, with long flowing hair -- which was against all Jewish custom at the time, a heresy of sorts (but who cares because it's just a delusion anyhow).

Jesus must have been partying for most of his life, because he seems to have disappeared between the ages of 12 and 30.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#440332 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Amongst other related verses:
John 14:1-4
14 ďDo not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Fatherís house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.Ē
June will be pissed that He didn't say when, but there it is.
Dan says....
.......My Fatherís house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

What room will you have Dan? The one beside the noisey elevator and ice machine?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440333 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Philo wrote about Jews and Judaism.
The Jews of the time rejected the teachings of Jesus.
Philo didn't write about someone whom Judaism rejected.
This is "UNBELIEVABLE"?
Only to you.
Jesus supposedly started teaching at the temple at age 12. The elders were astonished at his wisdom.

Many say this is what Jesus did until age 30.

There is no hint that Jesus was anything except an observant Jew.

Now you seem to be saying that the Jews rejected him during this entire time.

Something is wrong with that reasoning.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#440334 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe that's why we don't see statues or pictures of the Holy Spirit.
We have pictures of daddy-god, with a stern look, stiff brow and big beard.
We know Jesus was a good-looking hippie type, with long flowing hair -- which was against all Jewish custom at the time, a heresy of sorts (but who cares because it's just a delusion anyhow).
Jesus must have been partying for most of his life, because he seems to have disappeared between the ages of 12 and 30.
All my years I have always envisioned the holy spirit looking like Casper the friendly ghost. I don't know why but its engrained into me.(lol)

Catholics have had! engrained into their minds that Jesus is a tall slim man with long flowing chestnut hair. If anyone! showed a picture to a catholic with this image they will say that is Jesus.

.... If you showed a catholic a picture of a short balding man, with a club foot, a big nose, and short black curly hair and said it was a picture of Jesus they would be totally insulted.

Are they in for a big surprise!(lol)

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

#440335 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link didn't work, so I can't speak to the whole "IHcuc" thing you're linking to here.
I was busy off the forum for a bit, but here you go. Information for the name Ihcuc in Greek.

It also mentions Constantine's supposed vision on the eve of his "battle"... which seems in conflict with the scripture "thou shalt not kill." Anyway Constantine supposedly embraced the Christian religion because he won the battle.

War and religion went hand in hand.

http://books.google.ca/books...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440336 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan says....
.......My Fatherís house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
What room will you have Dan? The one beside the noisey elevator and ice machine?
Worse than that.

The Canada Suite.

Houston, Canada

#440337 May 13, 2013
This was the Catholic story and they were sticking to it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

FISH

Symbol of Christ, seen before the fifth century. The Greek word for fish is ichthus, consisting also of the initial letters of Iesous, CHristos, THeou, Uios, Soter -- Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior. The fish is also emblematic of the fishermen Apostles, Andrew, Peter, and the Sons of Zebedee, whom Christ would make "fishers of men" (Mark 1:17). The archangel Raphael is often represented with a fish brought back to cure the aged Tobit of his blindness.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440338 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Or
C: None of the above
Here we are, in humanity, and the message seems fairly widespread (you're on a message board about the subject with 22,000 pages); so there goes A and B.
Are you Catholic?

Is saving 5% to 10% of humanity Jesus' goal?

Is having wars fought among Christians Jesus' goal?

Is losing the Middle East to Islam Jesus' goal?

Nope, that's one inept god you got there. Heck, it took 325 years and a Roman Emperor to force the arguing Christians to get their story straight in the first place.

Then the Middle East was lost.

Many other Holy Wars were fought.

The message only made it to the far east many centuries later.

When it comes to saving it's own creation, that's one inept god.

And yes, 22,000 pages of banter also point to that god's ineptness.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440339 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus supposedly started teaching at the temple at age 12. The elders were astonished at his wisdom.
They rejected Him.

How do I know?

They don't regard Him as the savior.

As a mnemonic device, sing this along to the tune of the old 'Chicken of the Sea' tuna ads:

"Ask any Rabbi you happen to see, who's your Savior? He'll say it ain't J.C."

Houston, Canada

#440340 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
They don't USE their reasoning. If they did they would know that a faithful Jew would not support any other religion whatsoever as being based on truth.

It makes no sense.

It would be comparable to the pope saying, "Come now my Catholics, let us all become Protestants."

It would not occur.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440341 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was busy off the forum for a bit, but here you go. Information for the name Ihcuc in Greek.
It also mentions Constantine's supposed vision on the eve of his "battle"... which seems in conflict with the scripture "thou shalt not kill." Anyway Constantine supposedly embraced the Christian religion because he won the battle.
War and religion went hand in hand.
http://books.google.ca/books...
OK.

Now I know how to say "Jesus" in Greek.

Now what?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440342 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If the 3 persons in one God are all equal persons in one god, why is it that God the father sends the other to two persons of God on missions, and he makes all the decisions for the other two persons of God?
For those that believe in the trinity, its obvious equality cannot be if they are all equal to each other. One of the persons has to be the final decision maker.
Its all crazyness......
Very unequal.

The Holy Spirit is always coming in last. How many church are named after the "Holy Spirit?"

There are churches named after Mary, "Queen of Heaven" (not an official goddess BTW). There are churches named after her son.

But seriously, are there any named after the Holy Spirit (formerly Holy Ghost)?

Houston, Canada

#440343 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
All my years I have always envisioned the holy spirit looking like Casper the friendly ghost. I don't know why but its engrained into me.(lol)
Catholics have had! engrained into their minds that Jesus is a tall slim man with long flowing chestnut hair. If anyone! showed a picture to a catholic with this image they will say that is Jesus.
.... If you showed a catholic a picture of a short balding man, with a club foot, a big nose, and short black curly hair and said it was a picture of Jesus they would be totally insulted.
Are they in for a big surprise!(lol)
If the god is as ugly in "spirit-form" as humans depict his nature ... he will make the pictures of the devil appear as saintly as the holy ghost.

:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440344 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
This was the Catholic story and they were sticking to it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
FISH
Symbol of Christ, seen before the fifth century. The Greek word for fish is ichthus, consisting also of the initial letters of Iesous, CHristos, THeou, Uios, Soter -- Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior. The fish is also emblematic of the fishermen Apostles, Andrew, Peter, and the Sons of Zebedee, whom Christ would make "fishers of men" (Mark 1:17). The archangel Raphael is often represented with a fish brought back to cure the aged Tobit of his blindness.
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
Link still not working.

More "How to Pronounce Jesus in Greek".

......and?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 839,809
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min waaasssuuup 4,589
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 4 min Johnny 3,067
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Here For Now 612,212
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Porkpie Hat 271,398
Would a Somali girl marry a non-Somali man in L... (Dec '13) 16 min LMH1983 47
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 35 min zighoda 66
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr gundee123 100,072
More from around the web