Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670208 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440331 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
The holy spirit is suppose to be guiding the catholic church. No one else just the catholic church, but for some reason the holy spirit never informed the hirearchy of the thousands of sexual abuses that were going on right under the noses of all those roman catholic officials that claim they get guidance from above.
Somebody slipped up bigtime!
Maybe that's why we don't see statues or pictures of the Holy Spirit.

We have pictures of daddy-god, with a stern look, stiff brow and big beard.

We know Jesus was a good-looking hippie type, with long flowing hair -- which was against all Jewish custom at the time, a heresy of sorts (but who cares because it's just a delusion anyhow).

Jesus must have been partying for most of his life, because he seems to have disappeared between the ages of 12 and 30.
Michael

Canada

#440332 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Amongst other related verses:
John 14:1-4
14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”
June will be pissed that He didn't say when, but there it is.
Dan says....
.......My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

What room will you have Dan? The one beside the noisey elevator and ice machine?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440333 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Philo wrote about Jews and Judaism.
The Jews of the time rejected the teachings of Jesus.
Philo didn't write about someone whom Judaism rejected.
This is "UNBELIEVABLE"?
Only to you.
Jesus supposedly started teaching at the temple at age 12. The elders were astonished at his wisdom.

Many say this is what Jesus did until age 30.

There is no hint that Jesus was anything except an observant Jew.

Now you seem to be saying that the Jews rejected him during this entire time.

Something is wrong with that reasoning.
Michael

Canada

#440334 May 13, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that's why we don't see statues or pictures of the Holy Spirit.
We have pictures of daddy-god, with a stern look, stiff brow and big beard.
We know Jesus was a good-looking hippie type, with long flowing hair -- which was against all Jewish custom at the time, a heresy of sorts (but who cares because it's just a delusion anyhow).
Jesus must have been partying for most of his life, because he seems to have disappeared between the ages of 12 and 30.
All my years I have always envisioned the holy spirit looking like Casper the friendly ghost. I don't know why but its engrained into me.(lol)

Catholics have had! engrained into their minds that Jesus is a tall slim man with long flowing chestnut hair. If anyone! showed a picture to a catholic with this image they will say that is Jesus.

.... If you showed a catholic a picture of a short balding man, with a club foot, a big nose, and short black curly hair and said it was a picture of Jesus they would be totally insulted.

Are they in for a big surprise!(lol)

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440335 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link didn't work, so I can't speak to the whole "IHcuc" thing you're linking to here.
I was busy off the forum for a bit, but here you go. Information for the name Ihcuc in Greek.

It also mentions Constantine's supposed vision on the eve of his "battle"... which seems in conflict with the scripture "thou shalt not kill." Anyway Constantine supposedly embraced the Christian religion because he won the battle.

War and religion went hand in hand.

http://books.google.ca/books...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440336 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan says....
.......My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
What room will you have Dan? The one beside the noisey elevator and ice machine?
Worse than that.

The Canada Suite.

Quesnel, Canada

#440337 May 13, 2013
This was the Catholic story and they were sticking to it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

FISH

Symbol of Christ, seen before the fifth century. The Greek word for fish is ichthus, consisting also of the initial letters of Iesous, CHristos, THeou, Uios, Soter -- Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior. The fish is also emblematic of the fishermen Apostles, Andrew, Peter, and the Sons of Zebedee, whom Christ would make "fishers of men" (Mark 1:17). The archangel Raphael is often represented with a fish brought back to cure the aged Tobit of his blindness.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440338 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Or
C: None of the above
Here we are, in humanity, and the message seems fairly widespread (you're on a message board about the subject with 22,000 pages); so there goes A and B.
Are you Catholic?

Is saving 5% to 10% of humanity Jesus' goal?

Is having wars fought among Christians Jesus' goal?

Is losing the Middle East to Islam Jesus' goal?

Nope, that's one inept god you got there. Heck, it took 325 years and a Roman Emperor to force the arguing Christians to get their story straight in the first place.

Then the Middle East was lost.

Many other Holy Wars were fought.

The message only made it to the far east many centuries later.

When it comes to saving it's own creation, that's one inept god.

And yes, 22,000 pages of banter also point to that god's ineptness.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440339 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus supposedly started teaching at the temple at age 12. The elders were astonished at his wisdom.
They rejected Him.

How do I know?

They don't regard Him as the savior.

As a mnemonic device, sing this along to the tune of the old 'Chicken of the Sea' tuna ads:

"Ask any Rabbi you happen to see, who's your Savior? He'll say it ain't J.C."

Quesnel, Canada

#440340 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
They don't USE their reasoning. If they did they would know that a faithful Jew would not support any other religion whatsoever as being based on truth.

It makes no sense.

It would be comparable to the pope saying, "Come now my Catholics, let us all become Protestants."

It would not occur.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440341 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was busy off the forum for a bit, but here you go. Information for the name Ihcuc in Greek.
It also mentions Constantine's supposed vision on the eve of his "battle"... which seems in conflict with the scripture "thou shalt not kill." Anyway Constantine supposedly embraced the Christian religion because he won the battle.
War and religion went hand in hand.
http://books.google.ca/books...
OK.

Now I know how to say "Jesus" in Greek.

Now what?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440342 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If the 3 persons in one God are all equal persons in one god, why is it that God the father sends the other to two persons of God on missions, and he makes all the decisions for the other two persons of God?
For those that believe in the trinity, its obvious equality cannot be if they are all equal to each other. One of the persons has to be the final decision maker.
Its all crazyness......
Very unequal.

The Holy Spirit is always coming in last. How many church are named after the "Holy Spirit?"

There are churches named after Mary, "Queen of Heaven" (not an official goddess BTW). There are churches named after her son.

But seriously, are there any named after the Holy Spirit (formerly Holy Ghost)?

Quesnel, Canada

#440343 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
All my years I have always envisioned the holy spirit looking like Casper the friendly ghost. I don't know why but its engrained into me.(lol)
Catholics have had! engrained into their minds that Jesus is a tall slim man with long flowing chestnut hair. If anyone! showed a picture to a catholic with this image they will say that is Jesus.
.... If you showed a catholic a picture of a short balding man, with a club foot, a big nose, and short black curly hair and said it was a picture of Jesus they would be totally insulted.
Are they in for a big surprise!(lol)
If the god is as ugly in "spirit-form" as humans depict his nature ... he will make the pictures of the devil appear as saintly as the holy ghost.

:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440344 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
This was the Catholic story and they were sticking to it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
FISH
Symbol of Christ, seen before the fifth century. The Greek word for fish is ichthus, consisting also of the initial letters of Iesous, CHristos, THeou, Uios, Soter -- Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior. The fish is also emblematic of the fishermen Apostles, Andrew, Peter, and the Sons of Zebedee, whom Christ would make "fishers of men" (Mark 1:17). The archangel Raphael is often represented with a fish brought back to cure the aged Tobit of his blindness.
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
Link still not working.

More "How to Pronounce Jesus in Greek".

......and?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440345 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The words in John are attributed to Jesus.
So are the words in GoThomas.

Why do you believe what men have prescribed for you and not what Jesus or his Apostles have?
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your second line appears to document your having noticed that.
Stand in line with the protestants respective to your opinion of how I understand the passage.
You don't understand the passage. That is why I am correcting your statement.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty of self-appointed experts in that group.
This is no need for me to stand in line with anyone. Especially since they are just like Catholica, still only beleiving in a portion of Jesus.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440346 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you Catholic?
Is saving 5% to 10% of humanity Jesus' goal?
Is having wars fought among Christians Jesus' goal?
Is losing the Middle East to Islam Jesus' goal?
Nope, that's one inept god you got there. Heck, it took 325 years and a Roman Emperor to force the arguing Christians to get their story straight in the first place.
Then the Middle East was lost.
Many other Holy Wars were fought.
The message only made it to the far east many centuries later.
When it comes to saving it's own creation, that's one inept god.
And yes, 22,000 pages of banter also point to that god's ineptness.
Yeah, I'm Catholic.

Actually, everything after that kind of points to man's ineptitude.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440347 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Very unequal.
The Holy Spirit is always coming in last. How many church are named after the "Holy Spirit?"
There are churches named after Mary, "Queen of Heaven" (not an official goddess BTW). There are churches named after her son.
But seriously, are there any named after the Holy Spirit (formerly Holy Ghost)?
Many. Fear not.

Quesnel, Canada

#440348 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
He was with me in one of my last incarnations.

Please don't fault me. I couldn't resist him as he was one super-hot tamale ... I tell you!

And that business about him not enjoying sex???... well that's another story for a later time.

:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440349 May 13, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I didn't know about it. Which of these works has Jesus saying that to know thyself is all you need?
Not a problem.

Unfortunately, many so-called "Christians" don't realize these teachings that Jesus made. You aren't alone.

But.....you have an opportunity to take a step that they don't understand.

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

One does not have to live in dismay.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440350 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They rejected Him.
How do I know?
They don't regard Him as the savior.
As a mnemonic device, sing this along to the tune of the old 'Chicken of the Sea' tuna ads:
"Ask any Rabbi you happen to see, who's your Savior? He'll say it ain't J.C."
You are now saying they rejected him only after he died and stopped teaching.

If Jesus had been teaching he was a god, yes, he would have been rejected during his lifetime.

But he was teaching that we could all have his power. So when he was alive, he wasn't claiming to be god.

You should find out what "son of God" meant to the Jews of the day. They called King David and others the same "son of God," but never was it meant the way you take it today.

Or remain willfully ignorant and keep slandering the Jews.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 99,815
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Rider on the Storm 980,047
the new gay skype 12 min thedarkone40 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min WildWeirdWillie 184,264
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,135
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Evanka Dump 286,442
Wife is gonna experience another man Sunday. 10 hr The Guy 1
More from around the web