Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596695 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#440084 May 13, 2013
if you very sad in your life
remember
small things can make you happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
truth

Perth, Australia

#440085 May 13, 2013
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#440086 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Stories that excite, are sure to invite.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Saint Behind Enemy Lines, by Olga Kovarova Campora.
One day while I was reading 3 Nephi, chapter 11, which described the appearance of Jesus Christ in America after his resurrection, I was deeply touched and felt the Spirit.
Suddenly I came to a new and very important understanding: If I could feel such a strong and beautiful spirit from the Book of Mormon, which was translated by Joseph Smith, why should I question his vision? He certainly must be a man chosen by God to be able to translate such powerful scriptures. I knew the scriptural accounts were true, and if they were true, Joseph Smith had to be a true prophet of God.
He may have been chosen by God as many other "self-appointed" ministers, also claim, but if what you say is true then why did Joseph Smith, begin "re-writing" the bible and (conveniently) inserting his name throughout the bible beginning with the book of Genesis?? Anyone can purchase a copy at most Mormon bookstores.
truth

Perth, Australia

#440087 May 13, 2013

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#440088 May 13, 2013
YTube wrote:
Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die --
http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI
Well that's a good start. The only way there is going to be peace in the world in the absence of Christ is to rid the world of "ALL" Muslims.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#440089 May 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
He may have been chosen by God as many other "self-appointed" ministers, also claim, but if what you say is true then why did Joseph Smith, begin "re-writing" the bible and (conveniently) inserting his name throughout the bible beginning with the book of Genesis?? Anyone can purchase a copy at most Mormon bookstores.
I measure the Mormon book right along with the Catholic Douay Rheims Bible. Both corrupt and the handiwork of Lucifer.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#440090 May 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good to me Jethro LOL . My head is aching, My back is sore,
Its snowing out. I want to go back to bed and everyone is coming here for a BQ .
sorry to hear of your pain LT,it's moms day so i hope everyone does the work and you get to sit back and enjoy it.this is late in answering,but i hope you had a great day.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#440091 May 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>There are many foods mentioned in scripture that are known by scientists as being good for the body.
http://www.examiner.com/article/30-ancient-bi...
And none of these super foods that are mentioned in scripture are those foods that God forbade us to consume such as pork,shellfish etc,etc.

usa

#440092 May 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June , I am making an opinion here of my own.
As must as I feel for your lose of 2 daughters,
I believe you yourself are using this tragedy, as an excuse to spread your hateful opinions...JETHRO: i have to disagree with you here LT I've read many posts by June VanDerMark,and i don't see hate coming from her because of her loss,i see someone who has done her homework on the subject of religion,and as usual if it disagrees with yours or someone else's they say what you did"she spreading hate" i don't see her spreading hate,she is expressing her opinion based on experience and reading of religions and their falsehoods,you can't find pure truth in any of the cults because one took it upon themselves to burn books,which they had no right doing,god/jesus did not tell them oops i made a mistake in 20+ books ,burn them,IN MY OPINION,they were burned to cover up something,and that something had to do with proving the christian/pagan church is not jesus'/gods church,don't see how it could be,there is nothing written anywhere outside of their teachings that remotely suggests the C/P.church is the true church.knowing the evil in men, i doubt jesus/god would entrust his church to any man,as you can see by history,it would be a terrible idea.

usa

#440093 May 13, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
Count all the people God wants to murder:
In Exodus 35:2... a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.
Deut 21:18-21. If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son, then all the men of the town shall stone him to death.
Leviticus 20:13: All homosexuals need to be killed.
What about this: If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.
If we actually listened to what God says, we would need to kill at least half of the people in America tomorrow.
There are two things in this that show you that God is imaginary.
First, there is the utter stupidity of these verses.
Second, there is this fact: If God is an all-powerful being, he would kill them himself. There would be no need for people to do the murdering. These people would already be dead, and Wal-Mart would be closed on the Sabbath through lack of employees.
Notice that believers completely ignore these parts of the Bible. That is because they know that the verses are insane.
By acknowledging that their God is insane, they prove that their God is imaginary.
more to the point money is more important than god is to people,even catholic owned stores are open for business on Saturday(Sabbath),and your right thousands of people would be killed every Saturday for working on the Sabbath,but you don't see that,people claim to be religious and believe in god yet they do not follow the book of rules,because as i stated many times,people adore the god of dead presidents more than any other fictitious deity ever created.
Clay

United States

#440095 May 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You win first prize for the most asinine question I have ever been asked on this forum!!!
This question has been answered, by me, over and over..."Do you believe Christ and God are two separate beings or not??"
This question I don't understand what you are asking.."Is Christ and God one being with the Holy Spirit or not?"
That's what I thought you'd say.
If you were really a Catholic for 40 yrs, the second question would not need to be explained to you. Its recited in the Apostles Creed.
On either of the two questions. Answer Yes or No. That's all.

usa

#440096 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember the old hymn that was popular in my childhood
Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling
Calling for you and for me
Blah, blah, blah.......
And then the preachers would go on about how those who didn't believe in Jesus would burn in hell.
Silly people and their silly dogmas ... always take the best for their selves and toss the worst stuff over the fence at the "evil" neighbors.
it does sound familiar,i don't remember the whole thing,anyway according to one of my neighbors from back in the days of my youth, told me i'll live forever,because god doesn't want me and the devil is afraid of me,i was not a child that lied,stole,or anything like that,but i was a risk taker more than any kid in my neighbor hood,for instance i was the first in my neighbor hood to jump a bike over a ramp,i did things like that,and on a dare to everyone,there was a big swamp in the woods that use to be near my house(now it's a strip mall)everyone was afraid of crossing it because of water moccasins, leaches, snapping turtles,well i took up the dare,and i crossed the swamp,it was cold got stuck in the mud a few times but i made it across. guessing, i'd say it was about 20-30 yrds across . i did have a few leaches on me when i got out of the water along with a few scratches,that was about it.i loved that place, i felt at home in the woods and around lakes and rivers,swamps,seeing nature at it's finest. i learned a lot about the woods, and what was there,what to look out for and what was safe,don't know if you remember a naturist named yule gibbons? he wrote a few books about the woods and forests of north america,and wrote a book which i still have about edible/non-edible wild plants,and other books about the wonders of nature and the forests, that is "MY TRUE CHURCH",life at it's finest,better than believing in a UN-provable deity that cares more about church attendance than anything else.those were about about the only books I've read,i prefer newspapers,don't know why but i love reading newspapers,even more-so now, thanks to the internet,i get to read newspapers from around the country and parts of Europe and Asia where i can find them written in English.small home town newspapers are interesting like "the gopher gazette" was a small town paper from Colorado,unfortunately it closed down. I do read encyclopedias now and then when i have questions that i can't answer,or need an answer to.

usa

#440097 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
Philo the jewish philosopher....never mentions a word about a Jesus.
........Yet Philo says not a word about Jesus, Christianity nor any of the events described in the New Testament. In all this work, Philo makes not a single reference to his alleged contemporary "Jesus Christ", the godman who supposedly was perambulating up and down the Levant, exorcising demons, raising the dead and causing earthquake and darkness at his death.
....With Philo's close connection to the house of Herod, one might reasonably expect that the miraculous escape from a royal prison of a gang of apostles (Acts 5.18,40), or the second, angel-assisted, flight of Peter, even though chained between soldiers and guarded by four squads of troops (Acts 12.2,7) might have occasioned the odd footnote. But not a murmur. Nothing of Agrippa "vexing certain of the church" or killing "James brother of John" with the sword (Acts 12.1,2). "
.....It simply makes no sense that Philo would not have recorded something about Jesus, vis-a-vis the Jesus described in the book of Mark. Those who argue that Philo would have merely ignored a crowd drawing, miracle working godman because he could not have conceived of the 'logos' in human form merely beg the question that Philo's position would never change, even in the face of negating evidence!
......Philo never reports ever seeing the god-man represented in the Gospels. His silence is glaring. And Philo may well have even provided us with a positive rule out for a real Jesus Christ:
YIKES!
was philo around at the same time as Jesus was? meaning he could walk up to him and shake hands?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440098 May 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are starting to crawfish......
affliction 1. a distressed or painful state; misery.
2. a cause of mental or bodily pain.
I don't see where "alcoholic" or "drunkard" are any part of the definition of "affliction".
God, whom is Almighty and knows the heart of men, would never call a man to the priesthood, knowing that this man will become a drunkard, from drinking wine every time he says mass, and, who, according to you,has access to alcohol...24/7...
So...when a Catholic priest, who is a drunkard, claims that "God called me"....you know...and I know....he is lying...God would not do that....
We both also know that the Catholics have been a haven for pedophiles, for centuries.....and to me, that is why "God has called them".....
I'll stand that alcoholism is an affliction.

af·flic·tion (-flkshn)
n.
1. A condition of pain, suffering, or distress. See Synonyms at trial.
2. A cause of pain, suffering, or distress. See Synonyms at burden1.

God calls people to the ministry. People are sinful. No way around that.

usa

#440099 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Arrogance? Sermons??
I'm definitely not arrogant. And I sure as heck ain't trying to give a sermon. All I'm doing is trying my best to convey what the Catholic Church teaches and clarify the misconceptions out there. Anyone on here will tell you I error when speaking about the vast, deep faith known as Catholicism sometimes. However, I do get it pretty close.
In no way am I trying to convert anyone to the Catholic Church- including you. I really don't care if you do or don't. If you showed interest, then I would do my best to help. The converting part lays squarely on your shoulders. If it ain't taking hold then it ain't taking hold. I'm not gettin involved with your personal relationship with God (or no God). I just don't want people spreading lies about the Catholic Church.
The Catholic Church is my family. Would you want people spreading falsehoods about your family? There ain't one poster on here that will convert to Catholicism. They been presented with more than enough truth. If they haven't yet, then they never will.
I'm still not going to sit idle why they are viral and spreading rumors, propaganda and slander about my family.
the only truth seen on here is the fact that the catholic (christian/pagan)church is not the true church of god,there is no possible way it could be,not considering it's atrocities towards man,i doubt gods true church would allow his church to do what the catholic&other churches have done, including the things we don't know yet.killing,torturing,imprison ing and molesting,that is in scripture? or the catholic catechism? that is what gods church is allowed to do? he finds that divine works?

usa

#440100 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
Human Being said:
...Living in a small town, the local talk, was about all the mass media of his(Jesus') time.
Even in the big city(Jerusalem), how much historical records do we have from the time of Jesus? Just a fragment here and there.
Sometimes, we put our expectations of seeing Jesus in this state of magnificent glory, but in reading the Bible carefully, he was quite to opposite, a very humble person.
Now some are attracted to people of grandiose reputations, and others to humility. One needs to pay attention to the quieter side, of the gospel to find Jesus. Have you?
Michael says: Read your bible, The stories in the bible claim Jesus was extremely popular..........
Mark 2:1-12, where the crowd coming to see Jesus was so great!, that a (paralytic) has to be lowered through the roof of a building Jesus is in, in order for Jesus to see him. Elsewhere Mark tells us that the crowds that Jesus drew were so overflowing! that he has to lecture from a boat on the Sea of Galilee. When Jesus travels from Bethany to Jerusalem, throngs of people line the roads to welcome him. Mark also tells us of how Jesus performed miracles before thousands: on two different occasions Jesus feeds thousands through miracles (see for example, Mark 8:1).
....In short,'Mark' gives us a 'Jesus' who is bigger than the Beatles, and I believe the Beatles analogy is a good one: we even have a nice parallel between the story of Jesus' lecture from a ship at Galilee, and the Beatles famous 'rooftop' audition, where they were forced to play an impromptu concert on a rooftop, lest the crowds that would rush to see them cause a riot. In both cases, the crowds had reached, hysterical, historically noteworthy, proportions.
..... The curious observation that no one from this era not any scribes, writers, philosophers, government officials, jews, or any of the so called miraclized wrote a single word about him and the Jesus Hysteria.........NOTHING!
......Not one person from the entire mediteranean during this era ever mentions a miracle man Jesus.
......DEVASTATING! Did this god man Jesus really live? You have to wonder.
a Jesus lived very popular name in the middle east,and this one particular Jesus person was the creator of the one god theory,and wrote under the name of Moses,and hid followers (true apostles) did the same,and it came to an end when john died.there is no succession beyond john as to being considered an apostle,anyway,back in those days the leaders of the day always lived in fear of being overthrown,and anyone who was seen as a threat to them they were dealt with in the most harshest of ways,and jesus was considered a heretic and that is why he was crucified,by the roman empire,i accuse Rome because their favorite way of killing people was cruxifying them,and that is how he died and his body hidden so his followers would not flock to his grave on a daily basis that is why no one could find Jesus' body after he was killed,the same thing they tried here with the marathon bomber,no one wanted him buried in mass. which i can understand,my idea was to fly him out to the garbage dump in the middle of the pacific ocean and drop him in it,that is a fitting burial for a person like that,i feel the same way about child molesters to,they do not deserve a fitting burial,just toss them where they belong,in the trash. back to the point,you are right in saying the no. of people who saw/witnessed Jesus never wrote a single note,only one incomplete scripture is all the proof there is,and most of the stories in the bible can be found in other books written before Christianity was invented.the names have been changed that's the only difference.

usa

#440101 May 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8:
Well, don't give up. I came late in life to understanding. And I know Jesus doesn't give up.
well next time you talk to him ask him to heal me i'm tired of being operated on every 3 months.and the pills are no fun either.

usa

#440102 May 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael:
Do you think that President Obama, and Hillary Clinton(and their supporters) want to talk about the Benghazi fiasco?
Do you think Rome and Jerusalem leaders wanted to talk about the Crucifixion of Jesus?
Why would you think they both would want to talk, have recorded, such absolute failure?
people were threatened if they spoke out about certain things, we know that from the crusades,the inquisition, and so on....tell me honestly 1.if the"catholic church" is gods true church would it of had to resort to verbal and physical violence to get people to join it? 2. or wouldn't they join it willingly?... which is the correct answer?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#440103 May 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry to hear of your pain LT,it's moms day so i hope everyone does the work and you get to sit back and enjoy it.this is late in answering,but i hope you had a great day.
I did have a great day Jethro, We Had the BQ thanks to my husband.
Snow flakes the size of quarters coming down he pulled the BQ under the Tent. The highlight of my day was my little great granddaughter and I decorated my fridge with her art work, she is almost 2.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#440104 May 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>people were threatened if they spoke out about certain things, we know that from the crusades,the inquisition, and so on....tell me honestly 1.if the"catholic church" is gods true church would it of had to resort to verbal and physical violence to get people to join it? 2. or wouldn't they join it willingly?... which is the correct answer?
If God gave us free will, we have the right to make free choices.
but like I said the catholic church was built on the backs of innocent men, woman, and children's blood sweat and tears.
Force to join by fear of being tortured, is the right answer.
By ungodly men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min ChristineM 855,867
The Christian Atheist debate 23 min JustMe 1,078
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 42 min Ruby88 53,430
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 1 hr Paul Porter1 1,468
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr sec 7 288
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Henry_Joseph 177,231
How to find a Top Freight Forwarder (Jul '10) 1 hr Michael 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr winthanga 7,341
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 hr Bella Italia 612,652
More from around the web