Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650730 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#440286 May 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
095 012
<quoted text>
You are so far out asea, its pathetic!!!!
The Apostle's Creed, which I was taught some 74 years ago, I believed then, and still do today..in part....says:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.
Amen.
It plainly says God is not Christ....Christ is not God....which is supported by Scripture...
A. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
See that word "and"...See "His only Son".
B. He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty
See "sitteth at the right hand of God"....if. as you say, God and Christ are one, how is it that Christ is sitting at the right hand of God!!!!!!
When my eyes and ears were opened, some 40 years ago, I deleted "the holy Catholic Church" because not all of its teaching are based on Scripture.
And, I deleted "the communion of saints" because: The communion of saints (in Latin, communio sanctorum), when referred to persons, is the spiritual union of the members of the Christian Church, living and the dead, those on earth, in heaven, and, for those who believe in purgatory, those also who are in that state of purification.
There is no purgatory to believe in!!!!
I clarified that there were different forms and I quoted the Nicene Creed which you should have known being a former Catholic.
Do you believe in Jesus Christ, One Being with the Father; Consubstantial with the Father; By the power of the Holy Spirit??

Yes or No. Is Jesus Christ ONE Being with God???

Don't run away. Its only one word... yes or no?

That's what I thought.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440287 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it IS that you dimply don't know any better?
OK. Have it your way.
Nice dodge by the way .

And you still haven't answered my question.

Is it possible that as all the saviors didn't come to earth when promised by other theologians, that Ihcuc also will not come?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440288 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WISH!!!
If she was a Muslim, you would believe that she was right for her lack of faith in her religion.
You are totally one-sided in your slant on religion.
Totally self-absorbed.
LOL.

Um, Mother Teresa isn't noted for a lack of faith. Were that true, then the doubts she experienced would be of no import.

Unlike you, I'm not so self absorbed that I live in my own reality where fact is what I declare it to be.

Thanks.

Quesnel, Canada

#440289 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
....as if "adult souls" don't do this already.
"adult souls???"

Are those the ones that are "perfected."

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#440290 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only you brought this up, not I. Repeated diversions are still diversions.
Historically, Jesus existed as a man and historians do not believe otherwise.
Thanks.
If his name was Ihcuc in Greek ... should his name not still be Ihcuc?

Why the sudden change by the Catholics?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#440291 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll stand that alcoholism is an affliction.
af·flic·tion (-flkshn)
n.
1. A condition of pain, suffering, or distress. See Synonyms at trial.
2. A cause of pain, suffering, or distress. See Synonyms at burden1.
God calls people to the ministry. People are sinful. No way around that.
You are grasping at straw....

alcoholism - an intense persistent desire to drink alcoholic beverages to excess.....

From the age of 15 to my mid-forties, drinking alcoholic beverages was one of my greatest desires....

It never caused me any pain, suffering, or distress....only pleasure...that's why I drank!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440292 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice dodge by the way .
And you still haven't answered my question.
Is it possible that as all the saviors didn't come to earth when promised by other theologians, that Ihcuc also will not come?
As I am a Christian, I do not believe that it is possible that Christ will not do as He promised.

Was pretty sure I've already responded to this.

I have no idea what other saviors in what faiths that you're alluding to, or if those faiths set a date for the return of a savior that has expired.

Quesnel, Canada

#440293 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Um, Mother Teresa isn't noted for a lack of faith.
She had complete faith in Catholic dogmas, but had lost her faith in a god. She had to force herself to believe that god existed, because that's what her dogmas dictated to her was necessary. If she didn't believe in the supposed god, she was certain she would burn in hell.

That is not a healthy reason to keep one's faith. Not even close.

She was determined that the god HAD to exist for her own salvation.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440294 May 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
So if anything is possible, and all those other savior-gods did come to earth once and never came again to save those who had absolute faith in their coming ... is it possible that Jesus will not come either???
Will you entertain THAT thought as being a possibility?
<quoted text>
For a fourth attempt to answer, and you didn't, all you could come up with is this?
First off, you don't believe what Jesus stated. And he never stated that he would be returning - only OTHER men have.
Please state the passage that specifically has Jesus stating, "when I come again....."
Luke 19:1-28
John 21:14-24

Quesnel, Canada

#440295 May 13, 2013
(CBS) In life, Mother Teresa was an icon — for believers — of God's work on Earth. Her ministry to the poor of Calcutta was a world-renowned symbol of religious compassion. She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

In a rare interview in 1986, Mother Teresa told CBS News she had a calling, based on unquestioned faith.

"They are all children of God, loved and created by the same heart of God," she said.

But now, it has emerged that Mother Teresa was so doubtful of her own faith that she feared being a hypocrite, reports CBS News correspondent Mark Phillips.

In a new book that compiles letters she wrote to friends, superiors and confessors, her doubts are obvious.

Shortly after beginning work in Calcutta's slums, the spirit left Mother Teresa.

"Where is my faith?" she wrote. "Even deep down… there is nothing but emptiness and darkness... If there be God — please forgive me."

Eight years later, she was still looking to reclaim her lost faith.

"Such deep longing for God… Repulsed, empty, no faith, no love, no zeal," she said.

As her fame increased, her faith refused to return. Her smile, she said, was a mask.

"What do I labor for?" she asked in one letter. "If there be no God, there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true."

"These are letters that were kept in the archbishop's house," the Rev. Brian Kolodiejchuk told Phillips.

The letters were gathered by Rev. Kolodiejchuk, the priest who's making the case to the Vatican for Mother Teresa's proposed sainthood. He said her obvious spiritual torment actually helps her case.

"Now we have this new understanding, this new window into her interior life, and for me this seems to be the most heroic," said Rev. Kolodiejchuk.

According to her letters, Mother Teresa died with her doubts. She had even stopped praying, she once said.

The church decided to keep her letters, even though one of her dying wishes was that they be destroyed. Perhaps now we know why.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440296 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If his name was Ihcuc in Greek ... should his name not still be Ihcuc?
Why the sudden change by the Catholics?
Your link didn't work, so I can't speak to the whole "IHcuc" thing you're linking to here.

In the absence of that, is your new big thing now that we should all speak Greek when referring to Jesus?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#440297 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I clarified that there were different forms and I quoted the Nicene Creed which you should have known being a former Catholic.
Do you believe in Jesus Christ, One Being with the Father; Consubstantial with the Father; By the power of the Holy Spirit??
That's what I thought.
I gave you my belief that Christ is not God...and that God is not Christ....that is supported by the Catholic Apostle's Creed...that is what it teaches..it is based on Scripture.

You cannot show me the Holy Trinity that shows God is Christ and Christ is God....they are not the same....God said it...Christ said it....read your Bible....

Quesnel, Canada

#440298 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
As I am a Christian, I do not believe that it is possible that Christ will not do as He promised.
Was pretty sure I've already responded to this.
I have no idea what other saviors in what faiths that you're alluding to, or if those faiths set a date for the return of a savior that has expired.
I get it. You will believe that other savior-gods didn't come even the first time around, much less the second time around as promised by other theologians. But you WILL believe that a savior will come the second time around to save you.

Is that because you believe all the other people didn't deserve a savior ... but you are so special that the savior is BOUND to come?

Dan

Omaha, NE

#440299 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
She had complete faith in Catholic dogmas, but had lost her faith in a god. She had to force herself to believe that god existed, because that's what her dogmas dictated to her was necessary. If she didn't believe in the supposed god, she was certain she would burn in hell.
That is not a healthy reason to keep one's faith. Not even close.
She was determined that the god HAD to exist for her own salvation.
I'm not sure if it's your nor my call as to what's a "good reason" for someone to keep their faith.

Glad you're comfy projecting your rationales unto Mother Teresa, who daily encountered grinding poverty, helplessness and despair, from the comfort of your keyboard. Splendid read, June.

Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440300 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I thought.
He denies the divinity of Jesus because he can't stomach calling Mary "Mother of God."
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440301 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
(CBS) In life, Mother Teresa was an icon — for believers — of God's work on Earth. Her ministry to the poor of Calcutta was a world-renowned symbol of religious compassion. She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
In a rare interview in 1986, Mother Teresa told CBS News she had a calling, based on unquestioned faith.
"They are all children of God, loved and created by the same heart of God," she said.
But now, it has emerged that Mother Teresa was so doubtful of her own faith that she feared being a hypocrite, reports CBS News correspondent Mark Phillips.
In a new book that compiles letters she wrote to friends, superiors and confessors, her doubts are obvious.
Shortly after beginning work in Calcutta's slums, the spirit left Mother Teresa.
"Where is my faith?" she wrote. "Even deep down… there is nothing but emptiness and darkness... If there be God — please forgive me."
Eight years later, she was still looking to reclaim her lost faith.
"Such deep longing for God… Repulsed, empty, no faith, no love, no zeal," she said.
As her fame increased, her faith refused to return. Her smile, she said, was a mask.
"What do I labor for?" she asked in one letter. "If there be no God, there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true."
"These are letters that were kept in the archbishop's house," the Rev. Brian Kolodiejchuk told Phillips.
The letters were gathered by Rev. Kolodiejchuk, the priest who's making the case to the Vatican for Mother Teresa's proposed sainthood. He said her obvious spiritual torment actually helps her case.
"Now we have this new understanding, this new window into her interior life, and for me this seems to be the most heroic," said Rev. Kolodiejchuk.
According to her letters, Mother Teresa died with her doubts. She had even stopped praying, she once said.
The church decided to keep her letters, even though one of her dying wishes was that they be destroyed. Perhaps now we know why.
Kolodiejchuks' appraisal is spot on. This makes Mother Teresa even more of an heroic figure and an exemplar to the faithful.

Your use of Mother Teresa's suffering in this aspect is callow at best, inhumane at worst.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440302 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"adult souls???"
Are those the ones that are "perfected."
You're looking for OldJG here, June.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440303 May 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are grasping at straw....
alcoholism - an intense persistent desire to drink alcoholic beverages to excess.....
From the age of 15 to my mid-forties, drinking alcoholic beverages was one of my greatest desires....
It never caused me any pain, suffering, or distress....only pleasure...that's why I drank!!!
Um, alcoholism is a affliction, even when defines incorrectly as you have here.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440304 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go again. Indicating that you know Jesus was real and was a teacher of the Catholic religion.
That isn't what I stated or posted. You are reading waaaaay to much into my posts than what is needed in understanding them, which is causing you to be confused.

I have no clue on whether or not Jesus was real. Do I care, not really, because I think the morals and teachings used are interesting and can change a person's life.

It's the same as if I were reading the Bhagavata Purana and being Hindu.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you consider that if Jesus was real he would have been preaching ONLY unadulterated Judaism in a synagogue?
No. Many folks throughout the ages have ventured into some new radical way of thinking.

Jesus so happens, seems to be one of them.

Radical man, just radical.

If he was preaching the ways of Judaism as he knew them to be, but decided that they weren't true, as I express as well, it doesn't necessarily mean he is still a Jew.

I was a Catholic at birth, but renounced that religion, because I believe something different.

Jesus seems to have beent he same way.

Quesnel, Canada

#440305 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link didn't work, so I can't speak to the whole "IHcuc" thing you're linking to here.
In the absence of that, is your new big thing now that we should all speak Greek when referring to Jesus?
You didn't search very much ... did you?

Would YOU like me to change the name of Jesus to Harry???

It's the same thing. The Catholics had no "moral" right to take the name Ihcuc from Greek and change it to Jesus ... but they needed a new name as a catch-phrase for their new religion.

The name Ihcuc had already been USED by the Greeks.

Shape-shifting was and is the name of all religious games.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Buck Crick 56,355
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 15 min Mila 172
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min MUQ2 45,004
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 49 min Peace_Warrior 618,577
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 445,937
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,359
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 3 hr Johnny 768
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,094
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr X Pendable 182,982
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Hangman 971,894