Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596694 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#439856 May 11, 2013
The making of alcoholic beverages is not a strictly natural process. Sometimes people try to defend its use by saying that it must be good because God made it. But, the fact is, God did not make it. Man has learned how to make alcoholic liquors through processes that he has invented. Wine-makers know that one must have the correct amount of water, sugar, and temperature to make wine. Keeping grape juice in a refrigerator would prevent if from fermenting, because the temperature is not right. Likewise, hot, tropical temperature would prevent fermentation.

In ancient days, before we had refrigeration and vacuum-sealing ability, people learned to preserve the juice of the grape without turning it into alcoholic wine. Many people boiled it down into thick syrup. By doing so, they could preserve it for long periods of time. When they got ready to drink it, they would simply add the water to the consistency desired, in much the same way that we take frozen concentrates and add water. In Bible days, contrary to what many believe, it was not necessary for everyone to drink alcoholic wine as a table beverage.

Natural processes alone will produce fermentation under certain conditions, but these natural processes, if unaided by man, rapidly move to a vinegar state. The alcoholic beverages industry is very much a man-made thing.
Its not of God

Jesus did not make or drank an alcoholic wine.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#439857 May 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM, you've been proven wrong. Undeniably, unequivocally, irrefutablly, without question, wrong. Why on Earth would you act like you still have a case?
Sometimes I don't think you guys are really sola scripturist..
Clay well I am not going to beable to change your mind on that point so I won't try.
common sense and the word of God says I am right.

All you have to do is read the statistics, to prove what God warn about alcohol drink is true, and why we should not drink it.
I rest my case
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#439858 May 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAYPOOL says.........I am assured of my salvation. How about you
MICHAEL says.....So! You have stopped being a sinner have you?(lol)
I am glad you have already pre-judged yourself. No need for Jesus to come back and judge you. You already did his job. Congratulations!
....next!!!
Michael, Mr Clay has to go to confession, his language is much to be desired.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439859 May 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
The making of alcoholic beverages is not a strictly natural process. Sometimes people try to defend its use by saying that it must be good because God made it. But, the fact is, God did not make it. Man has learned how to make alcoholic liquors through processes that he has invented. Wine-makers know that one must have the correct amount of water, sugar, and temperature to make wine. Keeping grape juice in a refrigerator would prevent if from fermenting, because the temperature is not right. Likewise, hot, tropical temperature would prevent fermentation.
In ancient days, before we had refrigeration and vacuum-sealing ability, people learned to preserve the juice of the grape without turning it into alcoholic wine. Many people boiled it down into thick syrup. By doing so, they could preserve it for long periods of time. When they got ready to drink it, they would simply add the water to the consistency desired, in much the same way that we take frozen concentrates and add water. In Bible days, contrary to what many believe, it was not necessary for everyone to drink alcoholic wine as a table beverage.
Natural processes alone will produce fermentation under certain conditions, but these natural processes, if unaided by man, rapidly move to a vinegar state. The alcoholic beverages industry is very much a man-made thing.
Its not of God
From your favorite website gotquestions.org

"Throughout the passage, the Greek word translated "wine" is oinos, which was the common Greek word for normal wine, wine that was fermented/alcoholic. The Greek word for the wine Jesus created is the same word for the wine the wedding feast ran out of. The Greek word for the wine Jesus created is also the same word that is used in Ephesians 5:18, "...do not get drunk on wine..." Obviously, getting drunk from drinking wine requires the presence of alcohol. Everything, from the context of a wedding feast, to the usage of oinos in 1st century Greek literature (in the New Testament and outside the New Testament), argues for the wine that Jesus created to be normal, ordinary wine, containing alcohol. There is simply no solid historical, cultural, exegetical, contextual, or lexical reason to understand it to have been grape juice."

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-water-wine....
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439860 May 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
Its not of God
Don't project your bad experiences with drunks onto Jesus.
Clay

United States

#439861 May 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAYPOOL says.........I am assured of my salvation. How about you
MICHAEL says.....So! You have stopped being a sinner have you?(lol)
I am glad you have already pre-judged yourself. No need for Jesus to come back and judge you. You already did his job. Congratulations!
....next!!!
You not only slept thru religion class in grade school. You slept thru grammar too!

Do you see those two lines on each side of my sentence? Them be called quotation marks. duh do you knows what It means??

I quoted someone else. In this case, it was Oldjg who said it.
"I'm assured of my salvation. How about you"

see how those work?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#439862 May 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't project your bad experiences with drunks onto Jesus.
'WAKE UP; I SAY WAKE UP BOY;; PAY ATTENTION.

God gave you a brain use it.'OR HAS ALL THAT FERMENT WINE DULL YOUR COMMON SENSE'

United States

#439863 May 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for clearing that up for me,and your right if jesus/god existed and the P/C church is his church,being the spirit that he suppose to be,he would not have allowed the atrocities that the church has committed,the church is no different than sodom&gamora,some of the popes brought the church to bankruptcy because of their debotchery,orgies,parties,havi ng statues made of themselves,molesting nuns and slave men,women and children. Pope Leo X was pretty bad when it came to spending money ,Leo aptly illustrates his greatest priority:“Since God has given us the papacy, let us enjoy it.” According to Alexandre Dumas,“Christianity assumed a pagan character” as Leo doggedly pursued worldly pleasures.So financially unstable did his position become that he was eventually forced to pawn off furniture, jewels, and statues from the palace, as well as borrow huge sums of money from creditors (who were ultimately ruined when he died).
In addition to living a life of splendor, Leo practiced nepotism, famously used the sale of indulgences to finance the reconstruction of St. Peter’s Basilica, and was even accused of homosexuality. In fact, some sources hold that he died in bed while getting it on with a youth. That accusation may or may not be true, of course, but one thing is for sure: Leo certainly let his love of luxury get the best of him. Pope Julius III (1487 – 1555)Julius withdrew to his palace and spent the majority of his time seeing to his own personal pleasures and keeping out of political affairs.it was his relationship with a boy named Innocenzo that tarnished his name more than anything. Julius discovered Innocenzo as a young beggar in Parma before ascending to the pontificate, and he adopted him as his own nephew. When Julius became pope, he elevated Innocenzo to the status of cardinal-nephew and bestowed many gifts and benefices upon him. In fact, the relationship between Julius and Innocenzo showed signs of being much more intimate than normal family ties, and many reports indicate that Julius actually had an extended sexual affair with the young man.
-
-
Yeah. It's all about, "What Would Jesus Do?" isn't it?
-
NOT:
-
"What Would the Pope Do?"
-
'cuz if we were to follow what the pope does, we would end up murdering, torturing, covering up pedophilia ... Which is why I don't want to be Catholic again. Ever.
Clay

United States

#439864 May 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay well I am not going to beable to change your mind on that point so I won't try.
common sense and the word of God says I am right.
All you have to do is read the statistics, to prove what God warn about alcohol drink is true, and why we should not drink it.
I rest my case
But the Bible doesn't say we should not drink alcohol. You are sayin it!
Why don't you just say, "I think people should not drink alcohol, its not good for the liver and can lead to alcoholism". That would be more respectful of you.

Instead, you manipulate sacred scriptures for your own personal beef. That's a sin LTM.
Look, don't drink if you think it'll lead to drunkenness. But how dare you imply Catholics are sinning for having a glass of wine.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#439865 May 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8:
Don't you think it would be political and religious leaders who would again reject Jesus?
It is not the cradle Catholics/Protestants that are the problem. For if one is zealous for the faith by choice, it is far different than being part of a crowd, that becomes a mob.
Jesus in his travels saw thousands, and they him, so few became close, the rest were curious crowds, and eventually the leaders turned some of them into mobs against him at his crucifixion.
If so many people saw him how come no one wrote about him? why is there only one set of incomplete scriptures? there should be more written than that,and more complete.

usa

#439866 May 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, look everywhere, you won't find ANY Catholic Church that charges a fee for confession. Don't make it my fault that you screwed up and linked a protestant website.
how can it be a protestant church when it follows catholocism,except for the pope being universal,big deal,and if you read the news article episcopal will be catholic apparently,attendance is getting so low they have to merge with another church,and since the episcopal follows all their rules except one,it's the perfect choice of churches. wouldn't you agree?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439867 May 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
'WAKE UP; I SAY WAKE UP BOY;; PAY ATTENTION.
God gave you a brain use it.'OR HAS ALL THAT FERMENT WINE DULL YOUR COMMON SENSE'
Dont' tell me, tell the folks at your favorite website gotquestions.org because they say you lack common sense..

Jesus made alcoholic wine for the wedding guests. He gave it to His disciples.

If your bad experiences with drinking and drunks caused you and them to sin, that's not Jesus's fault.

usa

#439868 May 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Modern day "suicides" linked directly to political non-religious "materalistic liberalism" has resulted in over 8 times the mental illness suicide rate, compared to those with religious affilication, spiritual convictions and person faith in Gods divine Providence..... It is "no wonder" that in the United States today liberalism is considered to be a "Mental disorder"!!
believers don't kill themselves,they just kill others.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#439869 May 11, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic says you are so full of sh!t.
Typical response from Catholics that can't face the truth!!!!

I repeat:
You are saying, in this case, "human afflictions" equate to alcoholics whom are drunkards. That every priest God called to the priesthood, God knew they would all become drunkards.
Logic says, since God knows when He calls a person, that person will become a drunkard, He also knows when He calls a person to the priesthood that person will not become a drunkard.

Any idea why He favors those He knows will become drunkards????!!!

Location hidden

#439870 May 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Every priest is an alcoholic?
You are saying, in this case, "human afflictions" equate to alcoholics whom are drunkards. That every priest God called to the priesthood, God knew they would all become drunkards.

"You" identifies Dan!!! Not me!!!!!
Clay

United States

#439871 May 11, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Yeah. It's all about, "What Would Jesus Do?" isn't it?
-
NOT:
-
"What Would the Pope Do?"
-
'cuz if we were to follow what the pope does, we would end up murdering, torturing, covering up pedophilia ... Which is why I don't want to be Catholic again. Ever.
lol

Guest, you don't want to be Catholic again, because you are convinced our Pope murdered, tortured and covered up for pedophiles?

I don't like saying this, but its probably better for the Church that you left. We just can't have that level of ignorance around.

Location hidden

#439872 May 11, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of sh!t.
Your lack of intelligence is really showing!!!!!

usa

#439873 May 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Modern day "suicides" linked directly to political non-religious "materalistic liberalism" has resulted in over 8 times the mental illness suicide rate, compared to those with religious affilication, spiritual convictions and person faith in Gods divine Providence..... It is "no wonder" that in the United States today liberalism is considered to be a "Mental disorder"!!
HOJO,your one lucky guy i don't know who or where you are,how dare you throw something like this in someones face who has suffered a loss like June did,you are scum,you sick son of a b^+(H. you who belong to a church that has killed/molested thousands, stole billions in land gold an silver because people refused to follow your phony church,have no right to talk about mental health issues when you belong to the sickest phoniest church on earth.

Location hidden

#439874 May 11, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Good God, that means you are about 100 years old. You can't even remember what you ate for breakfast this morning.
Children raised in a Catholic family are taught the Catechism before they are 25....but, I am not surprised that this is news to you...
Clay

United States

#439875 May 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>how can it be a protestant church when it follows catholocism,except for the pope being universal,big deal,and if you read the news article episcopal will be catholic apparently,attendance is getting so low they have to merge with another church,and since the episcopal follows all their rules except one,it's the perfect choice of churches. wouldn't you agree?
They don't follow Catholicism. The Episcopals, Anglicans, Methodist etc say they do, but their beliefs are very different. They have a liturgical church but that's about where the similarities end.
They are a doctrinal mess, but not nearly as bad as the evangelical born agains. God still dispenses His grace to the individual when they pray. But He does not lead them to scriptural truth as evident to the huge confusion they have with teachings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Burke Devlin 855,842
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 25 min WasteWater 6,165
The MOST EVIL human acts OF ALL TIME 31 min Burke Devlin 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 49 min onemale 272,098
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 57 min Bella Italia 40,722
Mercedes C63 AMG 2015 1 hr jack webber 1
Re-Programming Americans To Take Part In Their ... 1 hr Sanjay 13
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr American_Infidel 177,224
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,076
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Bella Italia 612,652
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr I Am No One_ 444,363
More from around the web