Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688731 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#439929 May 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget that Peter went to his own crucifixion on behalf of Our Lord Jesus Christ in order to bring the world the Gospel.
I don't even like conversing with someone so steeped in arrogance that he'd trash the Apostle Peter (and anyone else who disagrees with your twisted interpretations of sacred scripture)
Seriously Mr. G. Get a life... you have no business telling anyone what sacred scripture is saying. I think we made it clear that you preach a new and strange Christianity. I believe you're more concerned with your career and lifestyle as a self proclaimed Deacon to ever be interested in truth.
Good luck brother!
You said, quote, "Don't forget that Peter went to his own crucifixion on behalf of Our Lord Jesus Christ in order to bring the world the Gospel." End quote.

Where might I find proof of this statement anywhere in the Bible? Or is this more of your hocus pocus bologna? Bring the world the Gospel? Peter brought the Gospel to the Jews. Paul brought the Gospel to the world of the Gentiles. That would be you, right?

You said, quote, "I don't even like conversing with someone so steeped in arrogance that he'd trash the Apostle Peter (and anyone else who disagrees with your twisted interpretations of sacred scripture)" End quote.

Hey Cly, I trashed Simon Peter. Really? Was anything I said about Simon Peter untrue? When you are presented with commonly known Biblical facts about Simon Peter you accuse me of trashing. You need to speak to a psychiatrist.

You said, quote, "I believe you're more concerned with your career and lifestyle as a self proclaimed Deacon to ever be interested in truth." End quote.

Self proclaimed Deacon? No. Interested in the truth? Yes Is the truth Roman Catholic? No.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20976...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#439930 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Chapter 7 from Romans fits you much better.
Romans 7:15-24, 15 "For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 16 Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. 17 So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Yes, yes, I am certain of it.
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Maybe you could provide a verse where Christ instructs that a Bible be compiled to dictate His Ministry?" End quote.
Cly, I thought you told us Roman Catholics wrote the Bible and compiled the Bible and put a cover on the Bible. You always tells us this is your book. Now you bad mouth your own creation?? LOL LOL LOL
You said, quote, "Does your community allow their Deacons to marry same sex people yet?" End quote.
The answer is NO.
Do your priests still bend little boys over a pew or in corner them in a confessional to sodomize them? Apparently it is their nature to abuse the weak and helpless.
You said, quote, "There are already a few born again evangelical groups that allow gay marriage." End quote.
Please enlighten us with the "born again evangelical groups" you have eluded to. Or maybe you have allowed your alligator mouth write a check your parakeet rear end can't cash. What say ye Cly?
Sooooo, you can't provide any Biblical verse where Christ instructs that a Bible be compiled for the teachings of His Ministry? You know its not there. You know it was never taught nor heard of until the 16th century. So you create a diversion about Priest 'bending alter boys' or some stupid statement.
I hope you're enjoying your career. Remember, its not going to last forever! Sooner or later you'll be looking Christ in the eye just like me!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439931 May 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying, in this case, "human afflictions" equate to alcoholics whom are drunkards. That every priest God called to the priesthood, God knew they would all become drunkards.
"You" identifies Dan!!! Not me!!!!!
Human afflictions encompass more than alcoholism.

All humans have human afflictions.

Thus, God calls men to the priesthood knowing they will deal with human afflictions.

I guess I'll have to stop using polysyllabic words.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#439932 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Maybe you could provide a verse where Christ instructs that a Bible be compiled to dictate His Ministry?" End quote.
Cly, I thought you told us Roman Catholics wrote the Bible and compiled the Bible and put a cover on the Bible. You always tells us this is your book. Now you bad mouth your own creation?? LOL LOL LOL
You said, quote, "Does your community allow their Deacons to marry same sex people yet?" End quote.
The answer is NO.
Do your priests still bend little boys over a pew or in corner them in a confessional to sodomize them? Apparently it is their nature to abuse the weak and helpless.
You said, quote, "There are already a few born again evangelical groups that allow gay marriage." End quote.
Please enlighten us with the "born again evangelical groups" you have eluded to. Or maybe you have allowed your alligator mouth write a check your parakeet rear end can't cash. What say ye Cly?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooooo, you can't provide any Biblical verse where Christ instructs that a Bible be compiled for the teachings of His Ministry? You know its not there. You know it was never taught nor heard of until the 16th century. So you create a diversion about Priest 'bending alter boys' or some stupid statement.
I hope you're enjoying your career. Remember, its not going to last forever! Sooner or later you'll be looking Christ in the eye just like me!!
You said, quote, "Sooooo, you can't provide any Biblical verse where Christ instructs that a Bible be compiled for the teachings of His Ministry? You know its not there." End quote.

Christ did not instruct anyone to compile a book for the teachings of His ministry. God wrote the entire book Himself. Maybe you heard.....

II Timothy 3:16-17, 16 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Cly, I was hoping I would not have to reveal your profound ignorance on this forum but you left me no choice.

The answer is NO.

My question to you...Do your priests still bend little boys over a pew or in corner them in a confessional to sodomize them? Apparently it is their nature to abuse the weak and helpless.

You said, quote, "Sooner or later you'll be looking Christ in the eye just like me!" End quote.

Yes, this is true. You at the Great White Throne judgment and I at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

My question to you...Please enlighten us with the "born again evangelical groups" you have eluded to. Or maybe you have allowed your alligator mouth write a check your parakeet rear end can't cash. What say ye Cly?

Will you ever answer a question or continue to duck?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#439933 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is NO.
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Sooooo, you can't provide any Biblical verse where Christ instructs that a Bible be compiled for the teachings of His Ministry? You know its not there." End quote.
Christ did not instruct anyone to compile a book for the teachings of His ministry. God wrote the entire book Himself. Maybe you heard.....
II Timothy 3:16-17, 16 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."
Cly, I was hoping I would not have to reveal your profound ignorance on this forum but you left me no choice.
The answer is NO.
My question to you...Do your priests still bend little boys over a pew or in corner them in a confessional to sodomize them? Apparently it is their nature to abuse the weak and helpless.
You said, quote, "Sooner or later you'll be looking Christ in the eye just like me!" End quote.
Yes, this is true. You at the Great White Throne judgment and I at the Judgment Seat of Christ.
My question to you...Please enlighten us with the "born again evangelical groups" you have eluded to. Or maybe you have allowed your alligator mouth write a check your parakeet rear end can't cash. What say ye Cly?
Will you ever answer a question or continue to duck?
I don't duck any questions.

'Born again evangelical groups'.
I define these as communities that have no apparent affiliation with a known Protestant sects (Baptist, Methodist, Episcopal.)
The Evangelical Free Church of America is a popular one in the Twin Cites. I believe they formed about 60 yrs ago with the rest of the tent revival people.
I don't know who you belong to, because you're too much of a coward to publicly state it. You don't want anyone to laugh when they Google its origin.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#439934 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:

<quoted text>
you said " God wrote the entire book Himself. Maybe you heard"

Then you quoted a verse by Paul? Now THAT'S funny.

Anywho, could you provide a verse that says Pauls writings belong in the Bible?

Also, I would like to know if you (being a Deacon) ever read the writings of the Disciple of the Apostles and those they ordained? It seems someone who has a career in Christianity might be interested in what the men who knew the Apostles personally, had to say about the faith. Or not?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#439935 May 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine a Catholic ever using your daughters suicide as leverage. I honestly would be shocked to hear a fellow Catholic even mention your grief in a way that would hurt you.
This woman was a very devout Catholic. She posted the following to me on the thread Catholics waging war against women and gays.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Post # 35477

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stating that you will go to jail if, as a conscientious objector, you quit your job?

And Mary’s answer……

I didn't say that did I stupid?
Why don't you go and try to do something nice for someone June? Try to be charitable. Go help a neighbor. go volunteer. You've already killed both your daughters- go try and do something life giving for a change.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#439936 May 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry to hear of your daughters suicide! NONE of my comments were directed toward you personally, toward her or to the grief and sadness that you experienced. I was unaware (until now) that this tragic incident ever occurred. Again my deep sympathy and apology June!!
Thank you. Much appreciated.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#439937 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Don't forget that Peter went to his own crucifixion on behalf of Our Lord Jesus Christ in order to bring the world the Gospel." End quote.
Where might I find proof of this statement anywhere in the Bible? Or is this more of your hocus pocus bologna? Bring the world the Gospel? Peter brought the Gospel to the Jews. Paul brought the Gospel to the world of the Gentiles. That would be you, right?
You said, quote, "I don't even like conversing with someone so steeped in arrogance that he'd trash the Apostle Peter (and anyone else who disagrees with your twisted interpretations of sacred scripture)" End quote.
Hey Cly, I trashed Simon Peter. Really? Was anything I said about Simon Peter untrue? When you are presented with commonly known Biblical facts about Simon Peter you accuse me of trashing. You need to speak to a psychiatrist.
You said, quote, "I believe you're more concerned with your career and lifestyle as a self proclaimed Deacon to ever be interested in truth." End quote.
Self proclaimed Deacon? No. Interested in the truth? Yes Is the truth Roman Catholic? No.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20976...
Peters crucifixion is not documented in the 27 Books the Catholic Church put in the Bible around 400 AD.
Lots of things aren't documented in those writings.
Could you provide a verse where Christ says everything must be written down and put into the Bible for it to be true?
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#439938 May 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry you have this issue with suffering,
Of course I have an issue with suffering. I abhor that it occurs in all forms of life.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#439939 May 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This woman was a very devout Catholic. She posted the following to me on the thread Catholics waging war against women and gays.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Post # 35477
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stating that you will go to jail if, as a conscientious objector, you quit your job?
And Mary’s answer……
I didn't say that did I stupid?
Why don't you go and try to do something nice for someone June? Try to be charitable. Go help a neighbor. go volunteer. You've already killed both your daughters- go try and do something life giving for a change.
She doesn't sound like a 'devout Catholic' to me.
Maybe she just pretends to be one..
In any event, the Catholic Church would consider her actions sinful.
I'm sorry she said that to you. Don't pay attention to knuckleheads like that.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#439940 May 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Peters crucifixion is not documented in the 27 Books the Catholic Church put in the Bible around 400 AD.
Lots of things aren't documented in those writings.
Could you provide a verse where Christ says everything must be written down and put into the Bible for it to be true?
For it to be true, it must agree with what was Written.

You agree don't you?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#439941 May 11, 2013
THE REASON THAT JESUS WOULD "NEVER EVER" SUPPORT THE BELIEF OF SOLA SCRIPTURA--The "bible only" Protestant doctrine that is being "blindly, utterly careless and recklessly" (thrown around today) as the only source of truth, is that (1) "nowhere" in the bible does it say that God the Father or Jesus HIS son chose to transmit their infallible, divine and inspired words "only in the bible" (2) Jesus never said "anything" about leaving His disciples a bible---but "what He did tell them" is that he was leaving them His One True (Universal-Catholic) Church in Matthew 16:13-21 (3) Jesus, confirmed HIS CHURCH as the primary source of TRUTH, through the writings of Paul in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible, nor the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH
(4) Jesus authenticates, establishes and originates HIS first heirarchical, authoritative and visible Church at Antioch, taught, headed, and ministered by His Apostles with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons in Acts 2.(5) Pauls letters also support Jesus' visible, authoritative, heirarchical Churches at Thessalonica, Ephesus, Corinth, Galatia, Colossia, Philippi,ect.
Over 2000 years of "confirmed" historical and biblical TRUTH support the "spoken, stated and expressed words of Jesus HIMSELF in the Gospel of Matthew regarding His One (and only one) TRUE APOSTOLIC (Universal) Church as being CATHOLIC and CATHOLIC ONLY!!!
The other proven fact is that sola scriptura is unscriptural, unhistorical and untenable:
a) Sola Scriptura contradicts itself, because it is not taught in Scripture
b) Sola Scriptura is "personal opinionated" editorialization of the interpretation of the bible
c) Bible Only Protestanism is a contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting interpretations of over 42,000 divided (relative truth) oral and written translations since the Reformation
d.The Bible teaches that oral tradition is a source of Gods revelation of TRUTH
e.The Bible shows the Catholic system of authority
f.The writings of the earliest Christians shows the Catholic system and doctrine of authority,
g. The legitimate practices of the Jews developed, and the scriptures were not viewed as an exclusive guide to TRUTH
h.Sola Sciptura was not believed by "anybody" until after the Reformation, and thus a tradition of man, condemned by Jesus
i.The Bible prophesies the rise and growth of the Catholic Church
The words of Jesus in the bible "clearly and explicitly" tell us that HIS CHURCH has, is and will continue to exist, proclaim the TRUTH and teach infallibly (on faith and morals) until the end of the world.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#439942 May 11, 2013
People make a huge issue over Jesus' supposed suffering and death ... simply because they were taught that he died for them.

It's not as though he BEGGED his captors to nail him to the cross. THEY nailed him to the cross AGAINST his will.

Let's get the theology straight and be real for a change.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#439943 May 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't sound like a 'devout Catholic' to me.
Maybe she just pretends to be one..
In any event, the Catholic Church would consider her actions sinful.
I'm sorry she said that to you. Don't pay attention to knuckleheads like that.
Here's another one for you on the same thread. This one put down other Catholics as not being REAL Catholics.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Post # 64609
Franck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! We proclaim YOU should be burned at the stake you baby killing heretic! Somebody grab some matches! I want to light the fire myself!
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#439944 May 11, 2013
And then there was Bob, another devout Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Post 42246 Oct 9, 2008 Bob wrote

"We need another Inquisition!!!The Old Timers here where I live agree."
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#439945 May 11, 2013
Even had Jesus died on the cross, his suffering would have been minute compared to the man who suffered for over twenty years in long-term care, at times begging to be allowed to die.

That is REAL long-term suffering

And he didn't pretend to suffer for others. He simply suffered because he had no choice.

And had Jesus lived ... neither would he have had a choice.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#439946 May 11, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Note that I included the byline, which you conveniently omitted.
Thanks. Lame brain.
Maybe if you squint, read both posts again, you might see that the byline did not add to ...subtract from...the info in my post....

The truth changed not: It shows the pope worshiping Mary....the thing that Catholics deny....it could have been written by the Pink Rabbit!!!!

Location hidden

#439947 May 11, 2013
926 730 721
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very clear that John Paul, took another step to take peoples eyes off of Jesus, and on the path that leads to damnation.
Mary was the Mother of Jesus but we are not to pray to her or worship her, and she would never have wanted us to.
The absolute truth.....based on Scripture....

Location hidden

#439948 May 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Human afflictions encompass more than alcoholism.
All humans have human afflictions.
Thus, God calls men to the priesthood knowing they will deal with human afflictions.
I guess I'll have to stop using polysyllabic words.
Now you are starting to crawfish......

affliction 1. a distressed or painful state; misery.
2. a cause of mental or bodily pain.

I don't see where "alcoholic" or "drunkard" are any part of the definition of "affliction".

God, whom is Almighty and knows the heart of men, would never call a man to the priesthood, knowing that this man will become a drunkard, from drinking wine every time he says mass, and, who, according to you,has access to alcohol...24/7...

So...when a Catholic priest, who is a drunkard, claims that "God called me"....you know...and I know....he is lying...God would not do that....

We both also know that the Catholics have been a haven for pedophiles, for centuries.....and to me, that is why "God has called them".....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Clearwater 36,979
EXPOSING: The Clintons And The Russians 1 hr Big Truth 1
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 1 hr Big Truth 2
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 2 hr Big Truth 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Aura Mytha 988,467
672,000 gallons of oil spilled off Louisiana co... 5 hr Erratic Mind 1
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 6 hr RealityHurts 185
More from around the web