Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599390 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#439592 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>The Episcopal Church,which is both catholic and reformed at the same time. holding onto catholicity of the early church all the while seeing this through the enlightenment of the Reformation.
Some of the primary differences of the Episcopal church are rejection of the idea that the Bishop of Rome (Pope) has primary authority over the Church Universal.... look it up yourself if you doubt this and be sure to read the article i posted about the two churches joining forces.
If they deny the authority of the Pope, then they aren't Catholic.

Please don't take my word for it. Ask if they think they are interchangeable with the Roman catholic Church.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439593 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope is the ruler of the largest financial empire in the world.
The roman catholic church takes in billions of dollars, and pays no property taxes. yet every week they ask for more money.
Your OK with that Dan, Anthony ReginaM, Clay, Hojo?
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2011/10/vatican-r...
Do you have an actual independent source vs. "vaticancrimes"?

The web address kind of gives their game away.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#439594 May 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an Episcopal website you idiot.
ya so? you use catholic websites all the time to prove your points. it's for you to do that and not me? how two faced of you.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439595 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its only CHRISTIAN history. You know that Jews, Muslims, and all others have their religious books of history, but I am sure you don't believe all that they say.
Outside the bible there is no recorded history by anyone in the entire mediteranean during that era of a miracle man named Jesus.
Wouldn't you think of the thousands that were supposedly miraclized there would have been hand me down stories throughout history...nothing!
Nothing in the writing of Pontius Pilate about a Jesus, or crucifixion yet christians claim he was at the scene! Nothing outside the bible about King Herod slaughtering young boys trying to kill Jesus..........nothing. Nothing about virgin birth, miracles, crucifixion. The only logical answer would be that no one recorded anything at that time because these stories had not yet been invented until the gospels were written decades later to ad foder to the create the whole story. St Paul the first early writer never mentions virgin birth, miracles, jesus family....because these stories had not yet been created until the gospels hobbled them together.
The catholic fathers first saw the scriptures about 150 years after Jesus supposedly died. 150 years!!
.... Imagine today that we found out for the first time about the civil war, 150 years after it occured, and no one else recorded anything about it at all.........impossible Dan!
It mentions people and places that existed.

Its history.

Can you cite the "writings of Pilate" that you mentioned? I wasn't aware of their existence.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439596 May 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point? People use excuses all the time to bail from one cult to another.
You asked if I laughed about it.

I did.

usa

#439597 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not your week, Jethro.
First the James 5 debacle, now this.
Go eat some Wheaties or something and come back strong.
there would be no debacle if someone posted the truth instead of misleading me.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#439598 May 10, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Try googling "non biblical references to Jesus".
I am not saying there wasn't a man named Jesus, just as St Paul mentions at least 15 men named Jesus in his writings. I am saying outside the bible there is no evidence this man was the son of God. The scriptures only claimed he said he was the son of man.

Only christians claim Jesus was the son of God. Much of the writings of Josephous have been deemed fraudulent. Thats not a good start is it?

Remember Jesus was supposedly born a Jew. Jesus is suppose to be the son of God, yet Jews do not believe in sons of God. Why then would Jesus claim to be the son of God practice his faith as a jew, if jews do not believe in sons of God.

Only christians believe Jesus to be the son of God.........no one else from the entire mediteranean from 4 BCE to 30 AD every mention man/god jesus, or his family, miracles etc.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#439599 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Citations yee shall want! Citations yee shall have!
Nobody knows the total its astronomical.
..........World's Biggest Stock Broker
The Catholic Church, therefore, once all her assets have been put together, is the most formidable stockbroker in the world. The 'Wall Street Journal' said that the Vatican's financial deals in the U.S. alone were so big that very often it sold or bought gold in lots of a million or more dollars at one time.
Therefore, the Vatican was, and still is, the most redoubtable wealth accumulator and property owner in existence. No one knows for certain how much the Catholic Church was, or is worth in terms of dollars and other currencies, not even the pope himself.
That is the true situation borne out by a Vatican official who, when asked to make a guess at the Vatican's wealth today, replied very tellingly, "Only God knows."
by Avro Manhattan
http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/vatican-bill...
.....more to come!
Simply cite an independent news or financial source.

Trawling through the Web to dredge up " IhateCatholicism.com " style drivel is a waste of time and makes you look like a moron.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439600 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the priest does not have Christs authority,show me a passage in the scriptures that says that? and anthony started the whole thing by only posting half of the passage that you posted,anthony:Confess your faults one to another." jethro this all he posted and that is what i went by,he left out " and pray one for another, that ye may be healed." so that is why i brought up the book of timothy,if he had posted the truth this conversation would not be happening,he mislead me.
Matt. 16:19.

There you go.

usa

#439601 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not your week, Jethro.
First the James 5 debacle, now this.
Go eat some Wheaties or something and come back strong.
the episcopal church follows catholic teaching except for the pope being universal,which is true,he is nothing more than a figure head to a conglomerate.nothing devine about him,the church just wants you to think so.

usa

#439602 May 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stick to reading Dr. Seuss books. They've got colorful pictures, big letters and the stories are so real.
about as real as your catechism,except no pictures.
Anthony MN

Hopkins, MN

#439603 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Citations yee shall want! Citations yee shall have!
Nobody knows the total its astronomical.
..........World's Biggest Stock Broker
The Catholic Church, therefore, once all her assets have been put together, is the most formidable stockbroker in the world. The 'Wall Street Journal' said that the Vatican's financial deals in the U.S. alone were so big that very often it sold or bought gold in lots of a million or more dollars at one time.
Therefore, the Vatican was, and still is, the most redoubtable wealth accumulator and property owner in existence. No one knows for certain how much the Catholic Church was, or is worth in terms of dollars and other currencies, not even the pope himself.
That is the true situation borne out by a Vatican official who, when asked to make a guess at the Vatican's wealth today, replied very tellingly, "Only God knows."
by Avro Manhattan
http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/vatican-bill...
.....more to come!
These links are a joke. Avro Manhattan? lol.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#439604 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It mentions people and places that existed.
Its history.
Can you cite the "writings of Pilate" that you mentioned? I wasn't aware of their existence.
My mistake. There are no references by pilate about anything that I know of found to date. I think there was something a few years ago that was found but wasn't legible.

Yes there are people and places mentioned, but even today there is much contraversy about Nazareth being a city/town/village that according many sources never existed in the first century.

Shouldn't christians know more about Jesus? No one knows his date of birth, what he looked like, what he did for a iving, the most important event on the christian calendar the date he died is not recorded.

We know much about Julius Cesaer who lived around 100 BCE. We know his date of birth, his date of death, all what he did throughout his life, from many sources, and we even have coins today that show his facial appearance that were made back in his era.

Jesus we have nothing.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439605 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the episcopal church follows catholic teaching except for the pope being universal,which is true,he is nothing more than a figure head to a conglomerate.nothing devine about him,the church just wants you to think so.
Not recognizing the authority of the Pope renders them not Catholic.

Don't be a sorehead. Just admit you're wrong on this and move on.

usa

#439606 May 10, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I (Jesus) in the midst of them.
i've read/heard that many times,it makes churches obsolete,if all you have to do is gather in threes for Jesus to be there,what do you need a church for??
Anthony MN

Hopkins, MN

#439607 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope is the ruler of the largest financial empire in the world.
The roman catholic church takes in billions of dollars, and pays no property taxes. yet every week they ask for more money.
Your OK with that Dan, Anthony ReginaM, Clay, Hojo?
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2011/10/vatican-r...
Your websites are amatuerish. You're just here for attention aren't you Mike?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439608 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>there would be no debacle if someone posted the truth instead of misleading me.
Yeah.

It's Anthony's fault you didn't look for the passage before you popped off and that you didn't read it once he supplied it.

Roger that.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#439609 May 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
This is "John" - not Jesus.

Do you have a citation from Jesus that supports that he said this, or are you just taking "John's" word for it?

Not only is this not Jesus, we, as of today, still do not know who the "John" truly was....so in essence, it is just second had news that men want you to believe.
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok..so you know the context I'll help you.
Word = Jesus...so everytime you see WORD, substitute Jesus.
Ok kids, back up your stuff your parents will be here soon.
Yes, correct I know the context, and here John calls Jesus "God", not Jesus calling himself "God".

Fail.

BTW - before you leave, don't forget your lunchbox and thermos of juice.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439610 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
My mistake. There are no references by pilate about anything that I know of found to date. I think there was something a few years ago that was found but wasn't legible.
Yes there are people and places mentioned, but even today there is much contraversy about Nazareth being a city/town/village that according many sources never existed in the first century.
Shouldn't christians know more about Jesus? No one knows his date of birth, what he looked like, what he did for a iving, the most important event on the christian calendar the date he died is not recorded.
We know much about Julius Cesaer who lived around 100 BCE. We know his date of birth, his date of death, all what he did throughout his life, from many sources, and we even have coins today that show his facial appearance that were made back in his era.
Jesus we have nothing.
You make a lot of mistakes, Mike.

Lots.

Maybe you should actually research and inform a point instead of just lobbing bombs out.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#439611 May 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
These links are a joke. Avro Manhattan? lol.
You tell me Anthony about the churches financial holdings.

Are they just breaking even?(lol)

FACT:

The Catholic church is the biggest financial power, wealth accumulator and property owner in existence. She is a greater possessor of material riches than any other single institution, corporation, bank, giant trust, government or state of the whole globe.

check it out......no avro manhattan in this story.

http://www.dailypaul.com/107469/is-the-cathol...

..........and every week asks for more money! Holy SHITE!

I know you will be dropping a big envelope into the collection basket on sunday. Good boy Anthony! I am surprised the church bank hasn't sold their gold bars by now. Gold is down to $1435 an ounce. A huge drop from just a month ago..........

..........we need more money! they scream.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min Truth 6,369
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min nanoanomaly 863,881
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 18 min Grunt56 221,979
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 26 min The Ghost Rider 24,114
How are lithuanian men? (Jun '08) 38 min Jay 35
Ugly light skin girl over so called good lookin... (Jul '14) 44 min PrettyRedBone 12
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 44 min Johnny 132
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Critical Eye 1,927
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 272,402
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,891
More from around the web