Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
423,541 - 423,560 of 536,885 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I missed it. I wanted to be there. Half of the fun is watching others get caught having fun.
That's why so many people believe they will be on a high with Jesus watching others get caught in the devil's snare.
AHHHHH the pleasure of it all.
:)
Didn't you know satan goes to church, it seems your one of the poor soul who got caught in his snare.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a Catholic would I be right every time?
:)
NOW---your back on the right track!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

Say, I do love the small "c" catholic (universal) church. It is the cult in Rome called the Roman Catholic Church I have a problem with. Do you understand?
We as Catholics, ALL UNDERSTAND, that you are confused, mixed up, disoriented as ever!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay claims a Catholic priest charged one of her in-laws $700 for a funeral, just for the homily (she called it a sermon).
Yeah.

I've seen several posts on the subject here-always some shirttail relative getting hit with a huge bill from the Church. Sure.

Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

OldJG wrote:
If you security is not eternal you have no security at all!!
ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers
This doesn't make sense, JG. Outside of having made up the word "predestinated", Rogers' commentary here leaves some questions.

If you cannot separate yourself from Gods' love, then you are stating that sin (and by extension Hell) does not exist?

If one thinks themselves "Saved" while here on Earth, and is "perfect forever", is this person somehow more than human while here on Earth? Does this person rise above their human nature and become impervious to sin? If so, please identify such a person now living who is impervious to sin and incapable of the commission of sin.

RE: Christ interceding for us:

Christ is God; is He not the "end point" for the prayers? He intercedes to Himself? If this IS possible, how do you reconcile your (presumed here) belief that intercessory prayer (to Mary, the Saints, et. al.) is wrong/ineffectual/unbiblical/w hatever?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

ITS VISIBLE IN MATERIALISTIC WORDS AS WELL EXISTANCE FROM TRAIN ITS VISIBLE ALL SYMBOLS EVEN MONKEY HOTEL OVER BRIDGE

YOU NEED CONECT SYMBOLS TO SEE..
PLEASE TELL ME WHY I AM WRONG/\
iN MY COUNTRY WHERE I AM BORN NO MONKEY..NO.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you won't be healed,but you'll feel better inside confessing for hurting someone.
16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Grammar 101

In the passage, "healed" acts upon the object "you".

"You" are "healed" of what?

"sins". That which is confessed.

Again, James is not foreshadowing Dr. Phil here.

chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
I've seen several posts on the subject here-always some shirttail relative getting hit with a huge bill from the Church. Sure.
Dan..you can believe me or not when I tell you it happened at Immaculate Conception where I attended years ago. Maybe it doesn't happen now but it did. Deal with it....catholic church is all about money.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

truth wrote:
ITS VISIBLE IN MATERIALISTIC WORDS AS WELL EXISTANCE FROM TRAIN ITS VISIBLE ALL SYMBOLS EVEN MONKEY HOTEL OVER BRIDGE
YOU NEED CONECT SYMBOLS TO SEE..
PLEASE TELL ME WHY I AM WRONG/\
iN MY COUNTRY WHERE I AM BORN NO MONKEY..NO.
Are you suffering withdrawal symptoms or some other hallucinatory malady?

Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan..you can believe me or not when I tell you it happened at Immaculate Conception where I attended years ago. Maybe it doesn't happen now but it did. Deal with it....catholic church is all about money.
What's the "it" that happened?

A surcharge for a wedding, or?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall your having made mention of something but I can't find the post.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"catholic church all about money".

You'll admit that they DO have expenses well beyond the typical non-Catholic church.

They run schools, they run hospitals, they run charities. They don't pay "ministers of music" or the like. Priests receive a paltry stipend.

I mean, they can't run these things on good intentions.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June no my parents didn't, I was in and out of Orphanages and CAS all my life.
June your one nasty person.
your just spreading your hate all over different forums.
Misery likes company is true I guess.
Sorry to hear about your upbringing. I can't imagine the despair, fear and lack of love you might have experienced. Its obvious you have put that behind you and made your life positive.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the "it" that happened?
A surcharge for a wedding, or?
It was a funeral of a friend. I won't say the priest's name but it was Immaculate Conception in Cols, OH (he has retired) said as soon as we get a check we will proceed the the funeral arrangements. What had happened was my friend was so offended, she had the funeral somewhere else.

How bout my family member who also went to Immaculate Conception to receive an annulment...sure you can for $500.

But when you tell catholics these things, you all say yeah right, that naver happened. Well it happened.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Make that four peas in a pod. He knows you, too.
You're the one who brought the snakes!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nl_8r7WG3g4XX
Regina, I put a snake in a girls bed at camp one year.
She was picking on a girl who was of a different colour and race.
The Young girl spent the better part of 2 weeks at camp where she should have had fun trying to avoid the nasty bigot.
The night I put the snake in her bed I punched her lights out.
The girl had nerve enough to complain to the camp dean, that I treated her very bad and did bad things to her.
Forgetting the treatment that she had inflicted on the girl she abused herself.
That is what you do Regina, so here is a snake down your back.
believe me I would bring the biggest snake I could find.
Go back to the other form you are on and spread your nasty remarks,
and please don't say your a christian again or I will bring some of the comments back here.
Your as nasty as June not much different oh yes you were both raise in the catholic religion.
I though I recognized that religious pagan spirit, in you both.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They run schools, they run hospitals, they run charities. They don't pay "ministers of music" or the like. Priests receive a paltry stipend.
I mean, they can't run these things on good intentions.
That's why they have Summer festivals, to sell alcohol and have gambling. So people with drinking and gambling problems will come and spend money...sweet!! praise God!!

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

It seems that theologians never had any trouble finding those who would believe they knew truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

As one finds elsewhere, the origin myths begin with the account of the cosmogony. The world was created by the celestial Phyva gods, imagined as being heavenly mountains.(We will return later to the religious importance and symbolism of mountains.) Certain of these mountain-gods descended to earth, bringing with them the animals, plants, and probably the first humans.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a funeral of a friend. I won't say the priest's name but it was Immaculate Conception in Cols, OH (he has retired) said as soon as we get a check we will proceed the the funeral arrangements. What had happened was my friend was so offended, she had the funeral somewhere else.
How bout my family member who also went to Immaculate Conception to receive an annulment...sure you can for $500.
But when you tell catholics these things, you all say yeah right, that naver happened. Well it happened.
Was the friend a parishioner at the church?

Do you recall what the payment was said to be for?

Annulments do cost money. always have. Some of the work necessary for those gets farmed out to lay people who do it for a living.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Religion is all about copying parts of previous religions ... morphing the dogmas to suit theological desires and only THEN believing the seeker has finally encapsulated absolute truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Tibetan religion, just like Hinduism and ancient and Medieval Christianity, presents at its apogee a remarkable synthesis, the result of a long process of assimilation and syncretism.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Wherever there is a theologian feigning knowledge of a hereafter ... THERE you will find blatant arrogance.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Lutherís theology

In a letter of June 1522, Marin Luther wrote:ďI do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. One who does not receive my doctrine cannot come to salvation.Ē

Having received the revelation that it is the absolute freedom of God the Father which judges, condemns, and saves according to his own decision, Luther could no longer tolerate any other interpretation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••