Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675619 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#439577 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I am surprised the roman catholic church hasn't taken out REITS on all their real estate holdings?.........Maybe they have.
The roman catholic church has more real estate holdings than any entity on the planet. The vatican bank has billions invested in the Rothschild investments in western europe not counting billions in gold and industrys around the world.
The richest entity in the world yet everyday 25,000 children starve to death.
Does the church really need buildings that are 2 city blocks long that are locked up 150 hours a week with the lights left on and the heat turned up while homeless people sleep in the alleyway next door in an empty cardboard refridgerator box?
.......makes no common sense.
Scriptures claim this man Jesus was the poorest of the poor. The roman catholic church is the richest of the rich.....
Citation, please, as to their net worth.

Thanks

Since: Nov 08

usa

#439578 May 10, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot! That's not a Catholic church!
How's that crow tasting?
The Episcopal Church,which is both catholic and reformed at the same time. holding onto catholicity of the early church all the while seeing this through the enlightenment of the Reformation.
Some of the primary differences of the Episcopal church are rejection of the idea that the Bishop of Rome (Pope) has primary authority over the Church Universal.... look it up yourself if you doubt this and be sure to read the article i posted about the two churches joining forces.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439579 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>which part of the catholic church.
Well, no.

They are not part of the Catholic Church.
Michael

Canada

#439580 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture is a written record. Thus, it's recorded history.
Do you have any more "devastation" you feel inclined to visit upon the board?
Its only CHRISTIAN history. You know that Jews, Muslims, and all others have their religious books of history, but I am sure you don't believe all that they say.

Outside the bible there is no recorded history by anyone in the entire mediteranean during that era of a miracle man named Jesus.

Wouldn't you think of the thousands that were supposedly miraclized there would have been hand me down stories throughout history...nothing!

Nothing in the writing of Pontius Pilate about a Jesus, or crucifixion yet christians claim he was at the scene! Nothing outside the bible about King Herod slaughtering young boys trying to kill Jesus..........nothing. Nothing about virgin birth, miracles, crucifixion. The only logical answer would be that no one recorded anything at that time because these stories had not yet been invented until the gospels were written decades later to ad foder to the create the whole story. St Paul the first early writer never mentions virgin birth, miracles, jesus family....because these stories had not yet been created until the gospels hobbled them together.

The catholic fathers first saw the scriptures about 150 years after Jesus supposedly died. 150 years!!

.... Imagine today that we found out for the first time about the civil war, 150 years after it occured, and no one else recorded anything about it at all.........impossible Dan!

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#439581 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor does navel-gazing know any bounds, apparently.
Now you're posting about VD amongst animals?
Time for a hobby, June. Fast.
Can dogs get sexually transmitted diseases?

Answer

Yes they can. Apparently all std's originated via animals; humans having sexual contact with animals and spread the std to other humans through sexual contact also...The bacteria and viruses such as syphillis and herpes simplex can survive in both humans and animals alike with some variation

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_dogs_get_sexual...

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#439582 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a couple of years ago when this was news.
The Episcopalians were all geeked up about Fr. Cutie (the priest who got caught with a girlfriend-you dug that up this week) coming over to their camp, and gloated about how they were a harbor of modernity for this poor man who simply wanted love.
When these Episcopal parishes started jumping ship to Catholicism, they weren't so warm and fuzzy about that.
What is your point? People use excuses all the time to bail from one cult to another.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#439583 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
here is an interesting story i just found,it about joining the episcopal church with the catholic church.US Episcopal parish to join Catholic Church
Published June 06, 2011
Associated Press.A Maryland Episcopal parish will be the first in the United States to join the Roman Catholic Church under a new streamlined conversion process created by Pope Benedict XVI, leaders of both church groups said Monday.
St. Luke's Episcopal parish in Bladensburg will come under the care of Washington Catholic Cardinal Donald Wuerl, who is forming a U.S. ordinariate — effectively a national diocese — for Episcopalians converting under the pope's plan.
Washington Episcopal Bishop John Chane, a leading liberal in his denomination, said Monday that he approved St. Luke's decision and will allow the congregation to continue worshipping in their church under a lease with an option to buy the building.
Pope Benedict XVI in 2009 issued an unprecedented invitation for Anglicans to become Catholic while retaining some Anglican liturgical heritage. Anglicans worldwide have been on the brink of schism over how to interpret what the Bible says about gay relationships, ordaining women and other issues. Critics accused the pope of poaching converts, but the Vatican said Benedict was only responding to requests from Anglicans.
The 2-million-member Episcopal Church, the U.S. body of the Anglican Communion, caused an uproar in 2003 by consecrating the first openly gay Episcopal bishop, V. Gene Robinson of New Hampshire. Episcopal conservatives responded by creating an alternative fellowship, the Anglican Church in North America, which says it includes about 1,000 congregations in the United States and Canada.
now the funny part: St. Luke's decision and will allow the congregation to continue worshipping in their church under a "lease with an option to buy" the building....they will remain in THEIR church but they must lease or buy it from the catholic church?? how greedy and rediculous.why should the episcopal church have to buy/lease their own building just for joining the catholic church?? it is just me or is that kind of odd?
Maybe re-read the article? The parish is to lease its land from the *Episcopal* diocese.

Here's the article. The line you totally mis-read is the 4th paragraph.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/06/mary...
Michael

Canada

#439584 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
Citations yee shall want! Citations yee shall have!

Nobody knows the total its astronomical.

..........World's Biggest Stock Broker
The Catholic Church, therefore, once all her assets have been put together, is the most formidable stockbroker in the world. The 'Wall Street Journal' said that the Vatican's financial deals in the U.S. alone were so big that very often it sold or bought gold in lots of a million or more dollars at one time.

Therefore, the Vatican was, and still is, the most redoubtable wealth accumulator and property owner in existence. No one knows for certain how much the Catholic Church was, or is worth in terms of dollars and other currencies, not even the pope himself.

That is the true situation borne out by a Vatican official who, when asked to make a guess at the Vatican's wealth today, replied very tellingly, "Only God knows."

by Avro Manhattan

http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/vatican-bill...

.....more to come!
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#439585 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
DAN says......Scripture says it was wine. Real wine
Michael says.......you won't find that story anywhere else in recorded history. You won't find the John Baptist, virgin birth, crucifixion, King Herod wanting to kill Jesus, no story about Jesus running 2,000 pigs off a cliff, no story about anything of miracles........DEVASTATING!
A man claimed by christians to be the greatest man that ever lived and outside the scriptures we know NOTHING of such a man!......SILENCE!
.......makes no common sense!
Try googling "non biblical references to Jesus".

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#439586 May 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it was not the alcohol of today or even alcohol at all. If it was Tony, Jesus would be going against God's Word wouldn't He?
Habakkuk 2:15 “Woe to him who makes his neighbors drink— you pour out your wrath and make them drunk, in order to gaze at their nakedness!
**Notice the text doesn't talk about the one drinking but who gave it to them. So I'd bet the wine at Cana wasn't like the wine you serve at church.
Wine: oinos: a primary word (or perhaps of Hebrew origin (3196) from an unused root meaning to effervesce; wine (as fermented); by implication, intoxication:--banqueting, wine, wine(-bibber).
Michael

Canada

#439587 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
Catholic church wealth.

check out this one Dan!

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive....
truth

Perth, Australia

#439588 May 10, 2013
you can simple ad your story to who is order to pump into victim direct..are you for sure someone is stupid..no..we know who..we know they are very nice express attitude diploma privilege too..one day sweet Jesus..one day sweet Jesus thousands days
by
Michael

Canada

#439589 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
The pope is the ruler of the largest financial empire in the world.

The roman catholic church takes in billions of dollars, and pays no property taxes. yet every week they ask for more money.

Your OK with that Dan, Anthony ReginaM, Clay, Hojo?

http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2011/10/vatican-r...
truth

Perth, Australia

#439590 May 10, 2013
why atheist genocide product better..i don't think so that production of weapons is smart way toward anyone..

one day ..one day sweet Jesus as thousands days..

usa

#439591 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one contends that you may be absolved of sin without confessing same to Christ.
Who said that?
Catholics believe that you confess your sins to Christ through the priest, you pray for God's forgiveness and the priest absolves you of the penalty of your sin with Christ's authority.
the priest does not have Christs authority,show me a passage in the scriptures that says that? and anthony started the whole thing by only posting half of the passage that you posted,anthony:Confess your faults one to another." jethro this all he posted and that is what i went by,he left out " and pray one for another, that ye may be healed." so that is why i brought up the book of timothy,if he had posted the truth this conversation would not be happening,he mislead me.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439592 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>The Episcopal Church,which is both catholic and reformed at the same time. holding onto catholicity of the early church all the while seeing this through the enlightenment of the Reformation.
Some of the primary differences of the Episcopal church are rejection of the idea that the Bishop of Rome (Pope) has primary authority over the Church Universal.... look it up yourself if you doubt this and be sure to read the article i posted about the two churches joining forces.
If they deny the authority of the Pope, then they aren't Catholic.

Please don't take my word for it. Ask if they think they are interchangeable with the Roman catholic Church.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439593 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope is the ruler of the largest financial empire in the world.
The roman catholic church takes in billions of dollars, and pays no property taxes. yet every week they ask for more money.
Your OK with that Dan, Anthony ReginaM, Clay, Hojo?
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2011/10/vatican-r...
Do you have an actual independent source vs. "vaticancrimes"?

The web address kind of gives their game away.

usa

#439594 May 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an Episcopal website you idiot.
ya so? you use catholic websites all the time to prove your points. it's for you to do that and not me? how two faced of you.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439595 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its only CHRISTIAN history. You know that Jews, Muslims, and all others have their religious books of history, but I am sure you don't believe all that they say.
Outside the bible there is no recorded history by anyone in the entire mediteranean during that era of a miracle man named Jesus.
Wouldn't you think of the thousands that were supposedly miraclized there would have been hand me down stories throughout history...nothing!
Nothing in the writing of Pontius Pilate about a Jesus, or crucifixion yet christians claim he was at the scene! Nothing outside the bible about King Herod slaughtering young boys trying to kill Jesus..........nothing. Nothing about virgin birth, miracles, crucifixion. The only logical answer would be that no one recorded anything at that time because these stories had not yet been invented until the gospels were written decades later to ad foder to the create the whole story. St Paul the first early writer never mentions virgin birth, miracles, jesus family....because these stories had not yet been created until the gospels hobbled them together.
The catholic fathers first saw the scriptures about 150 years after Jesus supposedly died. 150 years!!
.... Imagine today that we found out for the first time about the civil war, 150 years after it occured, and no one else recorded anything about it at all.........impossible Dan!
It mentions people and places that existed.

Its history.

Can you cite the "writings of Pilate" that you mentioned? I wasn't aware of their existence.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439596 May 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point? People use excuses all the time to bail from one cult to another.
You asked if I laughed about it.

I did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Buck Crick 110,291
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 37 min Po Pierdole ni 46,197
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min Gabriel 982,080
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Ronald 28
Hank Williams, Jr. is a retard (Oct '11) 3 hr handsomebrady 26
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 16
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 7 hr Reign 477
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,753
More from around the web