Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
423,461 - 423,480 of 532,443 Comments Last updated 58 min ago

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you blow off the part about "that you may be healed", you may be onto something.
Unfortunately, it's part of the verse.
you won't be healed,but you'll feel better inside confessing for hurting someone.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
What "church fee"?? Hmm? What "church fee" are you talking
about?? Provide a link to a Catholic source that says there is a
"church fee" or else tell everyone here how sorry you are for
committing the sin of bearing false witness - Lying.

Tell us ReginaM. Why did you decide to return to this forum? You said many negative things about this forum just before you left.

WELLA! Look who returns.....ReginaM and Anthony.

You never left in the first place, you LURKED on this forum everyday.

..........and you're not a sinner?(lol)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

....... When ancient writers tell us that in general ancient people believed in eternal life, with the good going to the Elysian Fields and the not so good going to Hades, we understand that as a myth.

1,000 years later along comes Jesus and the NEW stories of eternal salvation.(lol)

All told centuries before by other mythical gods.

UNBELIEVABLE!....but true.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

....Centuries before the Jesus stories when Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man, we understand that as a myth.

Now where did I hear about another blind man story about being given his sight back?

Oh! the Jesus story centuries later.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
TO ANTHONY:this is the post that started the confession talk,you conveniently left out a part of it and this is what i went by,here it is.:Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Kay say confess to God alone. We no need no stinkin' priest.
Jesus says "If you forgive sins they are forgiven, if you retain them they are retained". Obviously they need to know the sin in order to forgive them.
St. James says "confess your sins to one another."
I guess you two know better. Good luck.
st. james is wrong the book 1 timothy 2:5 proves that, i doubt st. James said "confess your sins to one another."that would be going against gods will.JETHRO:TAKE NOTE "st. James said "confess your sins to one another." how come you left out "also pray for each other"? this what went by,you mislead me.that is why i quoted 1 Timothy 2:5,you mislead me YOU SINNED!
No misleading at all. I quoted St. James, you were stupid enough to contradict me before checking, and now you're embarrassed with the smackdown you've been undergoing for the last 24 hours. Be smarter next time.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
What "church fee"?? Hmm? What "church fee" are you talking
about?? Provide a link to a Catholic source that says there is a
"church fee" or else tell everyone here how sorry you are for
committing the sin of bearing false witness - Lying.
My son is getting married and our parish is charging $450 for use of the church and $200 for the wedding coordinator. Why do parishes charge for weddings?Charles Grondin; Jul 12,'12 at 8:16 pm.high school of baltimore,Tuition (fixed through Senior year):
Class of 2017-$12,300
Class of 2016 -$11,300
Classes of 2015 & 2014-$11,000
the Roman Catholics charged fees ... charge a fee for presiding over the sacraments (baptism, holy communion, confirmation, reconciliation [confession ...
www.saint-augustine.org/_aug02/ef0802a.htm...... 'm surprised they don't have pay toilets in every church.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No misleading at all. I quoted St. James, you were stupid enough to contradict me before checking, and now you're embarrassed with the smackdown you've been undergoing for the last 24 hours. Be smarter next time.
i don't feel bad at all,you mislead me,most likely on purpose,i should of checked? you a religious person, your suppose to be honest and truthful and i fell for it,you did mislead me, Dan didn't he posted the whole passage, to bad i missed it at the time,it would of changed things.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

good night folks,be safe,have a fun night.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you study the meanings of the words atheism an communism and you will understand that they are not linked together.
Atheism ... Noun ... the theory or belief that God does not exist.
Communism ... a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common
June VanDerMark:

No need for me to study atheism.

I once thought I was an atheist, until it drove me to despair.

When the state divorces itself from the God it knows, there are always tragic results.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that all Jews believe they are the only TRUE Jews.
They took each other to court over the issue, so just as do you, they take their religion as though they all know the only truth.
June VanDerMark:

Christians are grafted onto the Jew.

Legalism may be an inherited tradition for some, but not all.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i don't feel bad at all,you mislead me,most likely on purpose,i should of checked? you a religious person, your suppose to be honest and truthful and i fell for it,you did mislead me, Dan didn't he posted the whole passage, to bad i missed it at the time,it would of changed things.
The only way it would have made any difference posting the whole verse would have been if he said, "wait...ignore my last sentence, I'm now saying DON'T confess your sins to one another..."

Go to bed jethro, and get something to drink with the crow you're eating.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You converse as does a child. I suggest you study history from outside of your church.
June VanDerMark:

I came late in life to God.

I was socially indoctrinated, and had to over come the prejudices, and ideals of my time, by God's guidance.

Since history is so fluid, I find little need of chasing down the river to recapture it, and make it conform to my thinking.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>My son is getting married and our parish is charging $450 for use of the church and $200 for the wedding coordinator. Why do parishes charge for weddings?Charles Grondin; Jul 12,'12 at 8:16 pm.high school of baltimore,Tuition (fixed through Senior year):
Class of 2017-$12,300
Class of 2016 -$11,300
the Roman Catholics charged fees ... charge a fee for presiding over the sacraments (baptism, holy communion, confirmation, reconciliation [confession ...
www.saint-augustine.org/_aug02/ef0802a.htm...... 'm surprised they don't have pay toilets in every church.
This is BS, Jethro. I don't know what this is and don't care.

You stated that there was a "church fee" for partaking of the Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession). Now.....where is the link to an approved Church source that states one pays such a "fee"???? If you don't come up with one in the next few minutes, I expect a full apology for this and every other lie you've ever told about the Catholic Church.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>My son is getting married and our parish is charging $450 for use of the church and $200 for the wedding coordinator. Why do parishes charge for weddings?Charles Grondin; Jul 12,'12 at 8:16 pm.high school of baltimore,Tuition (fixed through Senior year):
Class of 2017-$12,300
Class of 2016 -$11,300
There are no fees for confession. In ANY Catholic Church. Ever. Period.

This link, if I'm not mistaken, is for St. Augustine on the lake EPISCOPAL church in Santa Monica, CA. It's protestant, not Catholic.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no fees for confession. In ANY Catholic Church. Ever. Period.
This link, if I'm not mistaken, is for St. Augustine on the lake EPISCOPAL church in Santa Monica, CA. It's protestant, not Catholic.
Oh, good Lord!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if i should use the word "friend" but there are people on here that have different views than i do,but we get along when posting our differences,and also they always wish me well with my battle with cancer,not sure if you know i had it? but i do,since 2006,i had diverticulitis that wouldn't go away so they decided to operate,when they did a ct scan i got a call as soon as i got home and was told to get back to the hospital asap,I did and they told me the scan shows a whole in my large intestine,they operated and found a large tumor that unfortunately broke open,i've had 3 tumors so far the second was removed by operation,the 3rd was killed by radiation,but it is attached to my kidney so it can not be removed, i have a stent in my kidney because the tumor stops it from emptying out completely,i get operated on every 3 months to replace the stent because it gets calcifies an clogs up,i consider myself lucky i should of died a little over a year ago,but they have come up with a chemo treatment that is pill form, i take it 10 days stop,get blood test,then go back on it,it has been a success for me plus the fact that i refuse to let this kill me,i am determined to die an old man like it should be.getting back to the point even though we may share the same views here an there,i just like how you handle yourself when unnecessarily attacked with meanness because you disagree with a post,you stay cool and reply in a friendly type manner,no hostility.
God Bless you.You have remained in hermi and my prayers....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Clay wrote:

Why do born agains bother confessing their sins, when they are already forgiven? You can't lose your salvation, right? Is it a symbolic gesture for you to ask for forgiveness? How can God forgive a sin when its already washed away

Jesus was tempted by the lawyers of His day. They brought an adulterous woman, who, by the law, was sentenced to be stoned. He said to her, "Neither do I condemn thee. Go, and SIN NO MORE".

When He forgives us, we are made clean...but we are yet in the flesh; subject to temptation.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1Co 6:11 And SUCH WERE SOME OF YOU, BUT YOU ARE WASHED, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

These things are passed away; we have become a new creation in Christ. We should never be caught up in such behavior again. But we are still 'in the flesh', and sometimes fail to live in love...or walk in the spirit.

Acting in anger, or impatience, or other such works of the flesh is sin (we can overcome these if we depend on His strength/grace). These things are sin, and are to be overcome. Gal.5:19-21.

If we fall into such ugliness, we need to confess (own up to) our sin, and believe God to deliver us. He promises to do so if we repent/confess.

KayMarie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Whadda bout it Dan....Ah am interested in your reply!!!!!

Quote: So, tell me.....what is the source of your "wisdom"????!!!

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
One more time.
As He promised, Jesus forgives the sin.
As He promised in Matt. 16:19, the priest gives absolution and the penalty for the sin is removed.

You don't believe your own NABre pope approved Bible!!!! So, tell me.....what is the source of your "wisdom"????!!!

Quote: Whatever you bind…loosed in heaven: there are many instances in rabbinic literature of the binding-loosing imagery. Of the several meanings given there to the metaphor, two are of special importance here: the giving of authoritative teaching, and the lifting or imposing of the ban of excommunication. It is disputed whether the image of the keys and that of binding and loosing are different metaphors meaning the same thing. In any case, the promise of the keys is given to Peter alone.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>hi L T sorry to hear about the flooding,i know what's that like,no g/f still has dog and that is how i want it because of my situation,what i want is to be able to see her and take her places like i use to,i'm getting nowhere,but can't worry about it,i can get a free lawyer through the cancer center if i choose to go that course,i did talk to one and a judge will just say one has to buy the other out of ownership,so i'm not sure what i'm going to do,and thanks i'm glad i am cancer free still and will be,I refuse to let this horrible disease kill me,i'm dying of old age.How are you doing? you feeling any better?
Jethro I know you love that dog and I am sorry, how this turned out for you.
Maybe you should think of getting a new puppy it would be cheaper, and would be a new start for you.
I am doing fine Jethro, still fighting the battle of the bulge, I have no will power. If I didn't exercise I would weigh a ton. LOL
I got a new exercise machine, I love it its like rowing a boat, and lifting weights all at the same time.
I am up to 25 reps at a time now, I feel so good Jethro but got to remind myself that I am nearly 70.
I am not suppose to have muscles with ripples LOL

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay"
crank up that Christian music and wave your arms about dear. You're 'saved' no matter what you do. No need to be sorry because there are no consequences if you are or not. To God, it doesn't matter, you got off drugs and did an alter call. You're all set to take on the Holy Catholic Church!!
lol.

Don't be too hard on her, Clay. When you know the joy of sins forgiven, you will be quick to 'lift up holy hands' and 'offer the sacrifice of praise'.

Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And IF any man sin, we have an advocate (intercessor) with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

We are not to sin willfully, but the weakness of the flesh (our feelings and our lack of knowledge) means that we still need a Savior.

Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken(repentant) spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psa 103:13 Like as a father pities his children, so the LORD pities them that fear him.
Psa 103:14 For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

377 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 min Neelakaran 4,487
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Hidingfromyou 720,234
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 18 min Rosa_Winkel 25
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min AussieBobby 256,382
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min bacon hater 93,662
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 38 min andet1987 5,210
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Godchild 114,974
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Catcher1 172,267
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 10 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••