Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590244 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#439265 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you blow off the part about "that you may be healed", you may be onto something.
Unfortunately, it's part of the verse.
it was anthony that messed things up, check my post.he wrote..."st. James said "confess your sins to one another."JETHRO,he left out to "pray for each other" he mislead me he should of posted the whole passage like you did,which i did not see until just a few minutes ago when i backed tracked.that is why i quoted 1 timothy 2:5.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#439266 May 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hee hee
Careful, Marge. You're laughing at that which is of God.
Clay

Hollywood, FL

#439267 May 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Why do born agains bother confessing their sins, when they are already forgiven?" End quote.
The Bible tells us......
I John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Why do Roman Catholics confess their sins to a priest? Did the priest pay the price required as payment for the forgiveness of their sins with his death? Hebrews 9:22, "Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."
I John 2:1-2, 1 "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." 2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."
You said, quote, "How can God forgive a sin when its already washed away in OSAS?" End quote.
Your ignorance is showing again. You know so little and act as though you know so much. Your best bet would be a closed mouth an open mind and a cleansed heart.
What does "eternal security for Christians" mean? It means that when a person gets saved, he's saved forever. When a person becomes a Christian, when he's truly born again, he can never, ever be lost. He can never under any circumstances lose his salvation--that it is impossible for a saved person to become an unsaved person. "Once saved, always saved." All who are actually born again of the Spirit of God through faith in the saving work of Christ are eternally secure in Him, and can rest assured in it.
um ok, you're right. I don't know enough... help me out Deacon.
so there is no need to confess your sins, because you really can't confess something that's already forgiven??
Or, how do I confess my sins when there are no consequences if I do or not? I'm saved!!

Confrint, Preston?? Where are you? Your fellow Evangelical Born Again doesn't teach the same sola scripture as you. Could you straighten him and Chuck out??

usa

#439268 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The dark dungeons are in the brains of the indoctrinated believers.
that was my point,that is why i like you,your sharp as a tack.

usa

#439269 May 9, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for that proof of a "church fee" or an admission that you lied. Where is it???
what lie?? what are you referring to?
Clay

Hollywood, FL

#439270 May 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hee hee
crank up that Christian music and wave your arms about dear. You're 'saved' no matter what you do. No need to be sorry because there are no consequences if you are or not. To God, it doesn't matter, you got off drugs and did an alter call. You're all set to take on the Holy Catholic Church!!
lol.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#439271 May 9, 2013
......It may surprise Christians to learn that there are no contemporary historical documents for 'Jesus, the Christ'. The writings of Paul are not contemporary accounts: they do not appear until years after the purported time of Jesus and they include a concession that Paul never actually met Jesus. The Gospels come much later (as evidenced by the fact that Paul never cites them) and there is good reason that all four of the surviving, accepted Gospels are based on Mark, which in turn is likely to be a form of 'MidrasH.

sorry for the bad news!

usa

#439272 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you blow off the part about "that you may be healed", you may be onto something.
Unfortunately, it's part of the verse.
you won't be healed,but you'll feel better inside confessing for hurting someone.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#439273 May 9, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
What "church fee"?? Hmm? What "church fee" are you talking
about?? Provide a link to a Catholic source that says there is a
"church fee" or else tell everyone here how sorry you are for
committing the sin of bearing false witness - Lying.

Tell us ReginaM. Why did you decide to return to this forum? You said many negative things about this forum just before you left.

WELLA! Look who returns.....ReginaM and Anthony.

You never left in the first place, you LURKED on this forum everyday.

..........and you're not a sinner?(lol)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#439274 May 9, 2013
....... When ancient writers tell us that in general ancient people believed in eternal life, with the good going to the Elysian Fields and the not so good going to Hades, we understand that as a myth.

1,000 years later along comes Jesus and the NEW stories of eternal salvation.(lol)

All told centuries before by other mythical gods.

UNBELIEVABLE!....but true.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#439275 May 9, 2013
....Centuries before the Jesus stories when Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man, we understand that as a myth.

Now where did I hear about another blind man story about being given his sight back?

Oh! the Jesus story centuries later.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#439276 May 9, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
TO ANTHONY:this is the post that started the confession talk,you conveniently left out a part of it and this is what i went by,here it is.:Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Kay say confess to God alone. We no need no stinkin' priest.
Jesus says "If you forgive sins they are forgiven, if you retain them they are retained". Obviously they need to know the sin in order to forgive them.
St. James says "confess your sins to one another."
I guess you two know better. Good luck.
st. james is wrong the book 1 timothy 2:5 proves that, i doubt st. James said "confess your sins to one another."that would be going against gods will.JETHRO:TAKE NOTE "st. James said "confess your sins to one another." how come you left out "also pray for each other"? this what went by,you mislead me.that is why i quoted 1 Timothy 2:5,you mislead me YOU SINNED!
No misleading at all. I quoted St. James, you were stupid enough to contradict me before checking, and now you're embarrassed with the smackdown you've been undergoing for the last 24 hours. Be smarter next time.

usa

#439277 May 9, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
What "church fee"?? Hmm? What "church fee" are you talking
about?? Provide a link to a Catholic source that says there is a
"church fee" or else tell everyone here how sorry you are for
committing the sin of bearing false witness - Lying.
My son is getting married and our parish is charging $450 for use of the church and $200 for the wedding coordinator. Why do parishes charge for weddings?Charles Grondin; Jul 12,'12 at 8:16 pm.high school of baltimore,Tuition (fixed through Senior year):
Class of 2017-$12,300
Class of 2016 -$11,300
Classes of 2015 & 2014-$11,000
the Roman Catholics charged fees ... charge a fee for presiding over the sacraments (baptism, holy communion, confirmation, reconciliation [confession ...
www.saint-augustine.org/_aug02/ef0802a.htm...... 'm surprised they don't have pay toilets in every church.

usa

#439278 May 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No misleading at all. I quoted St. James, you were stupid enough to contradict me before checking, and now you're embarrassed with the smackdown you've been undergoing for the last 24 hours. Be smarter next time.
i don't feel bad at all,you mislead me,most likely on purpose,i should of checked? you a religious person, your suppose to be honest and truthful and i fell for it,you did mislead me, Dan didn't he posted the whole passage, to bad i missed it at the time,it would of changed things.

usa

#439279 May 9, 2013
good night folks,be safe,have a fun night.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#439280 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you study the meanings of the words atheism an communism and you will understand that they are not linked together.
Atheism ... Noun ... the theory or belief that God does not exist.
Communism ... a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common
June VanDerMark:

No need for me to study atheism.

I once thought I was an atheist, until it drove me to despair.

When the state divorces itself from the God it knows, there are always tragic results.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#439281 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that all Jews believe they are the only TRUE Jews.
They took each other to court over the issue, so just as do you, they take their religion as though they all know the only truth.
June VanDerMark:

Christians are grafted onto the Jew.

Legalism may be an inherited tradition for some, but not all.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#439282 May 9, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i don't feel bad at all,you mislead me,most likely on purpose,i should of checked? you a religious person, your suppose to be honest and truthful and i fell for it,you did mislead me, Dan didn't he posted the whole passage, to bad i missed it at the time,it would of changed things.
The only way it would have made any difference posting the whole verse would have been if he said, "wait...ignore my last sentence, I'm now saying DON'T confess your sins to one another..."

Go to bed jethro, and get something to drink with the crow you're eating.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#439283 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You converse as does a child. I suggest you study history from outside of your church.
June VanDerMark:

I came late in life to God.

I was socially indoctrinated, and had to over come the prejudices, and ideals of my time, by God's guidance.

Since history is so fluid, I find little need of chasing down the river to recapture it, and make it conform to my thinking.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#439284 May 9, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>My son is getting married and our parish is charging $450 for use of the church and $200 for the wedding coordinator. Why do parishes charge for weddings?Charles Grondin; Jul 12,'12 at 8:16 pm.high school of baltimore,Tuition (fixed through Senior year):
Class of 2017-$12,300
Class of 2016 -$11,300
Classes of 2015 & 2014-$11,000
the Roman Catholics charged fees ... charge a fee for presiding over the sacraments (baptism, holy communion, confirmation, reconciliation [confession ...
www.saint-augustine.org/_aug02/ef0802a.htm...... 'm surprised they don't have pay toilets in every church.
This is BS, Jethro. I don't know what this is and don't care.

You stated that there was a "church fee" for partaking of the Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession). Now.....where is the link to an approved Church source that states one pays such a "fee"???? If you don't come up with one in the next few minutes, I expect a full apology for this and every other lie you've ever told about the Catholic Church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 4,429
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Buck Crick 838,801
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Grey Ghostmoron 271,345
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 31 min WasteWater 5,906
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 35 min WasteWater 99,981
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 47 min Neville Thompson 459
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 40,497
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr swedenforever 176,949
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 19 hr Finley 31
More from around the web