Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653876 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#439469 May 10, 2013
3 equal persons in one God.

..... Let me see: God the father makes all the decisions for the other two equal persons of God.

When do the other two equal persons of God make decisions without the approval of God the father, even though they are all equal persons and one.

......makes no sense at all.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#439470 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not whether you or I "agree" with it-the scriptures never call it "grape juice".
They call it "wine".
16 bazillion translations later, it's still "wine".
Who is John D. Freeman and who proclaimed him "accurate"?
Where I'm going on this is that this and the other piece you presented are labyrinthine post-mortems of scripture undertaken to justify a pre-drawn conclusion ("booze is bad", in this case) that simply ISN'T manifest in scripture.
Christ produced 100s of gallons of intoxicating wine for the use of men, women and children at the wedding. So is Jesus morally responsible if they get drunk?? If they did, wouldn't it ruin Christ's teachings?
Michael

Canada

#439471 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one contends that you may be absolved of sin without confessing same to Christ.
Who said that?
Catholics believe that you confess your sins to Christ through the priest, you pray for God's forgiveness and the priest absolves you of the penalty of your sin with Christ's authority.
Dan says.......Catholics believe that you confess your sins to Christ through the priest, you pray for God's forgiveness and the priest absolves you of the penalty of your sin with Christ's authority.

Michael says..........too bad for every Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, or non christian child born and indoctrinated into other beliefs. No hope at all for them.

Aren't you the lucky one just happen to be born into a christian family.

UNBELIEVABLE!
chuck

Dublin, OH

#439472 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone like you who says Jesus has to ask Gods approval(even though you believe Jesus is God)(LOL) shows you don't know much of your own belief.(lol)
I am like MOST catholics today.......lapsed.
According to the roman catholic bishops conference in Florida a few years back the bishops stated that across america only 1 in 4 catholics today actually practices their faith. Very dismal numbers.
The big question is why?
Its obvious as a non-practicing catholic, I am in the majority.
I'm not catholic dum dum but thanks for the post.
truth

Perth, Australia

#439473 May 10, 2013
i just left today church..way go home not to much far away just 300-400meters..i see two nice lady..o yes they going toward me..its looks nice clean..o did they are..outside yes ..inside not..when i past.. ear..yes voice within them go out when they see rosary..no they are not humans within..

see
i can notice

Jesus Christ?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439474 May 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony...go back to all my posts and show me where I said drinking alcohol is a sin...I never have.
You said you agree with these words;

"It makes no sense and runs counter to Christ's spotless integrity to purposely corrupt what was natural and healthy for a recreational mind-altering substance.

The concept itself defames the very character of Jesus and puts him in violation of the spirit, if not the letter of the law of God,..."

Tell me chuck what sin is if not doing something that "puts him in violation of the spirit, if not the letter of the law of God,..."?

Michael

Canada

#439475 May 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ produced 100s of gallons of intoxicating wine for the use of men, women and children at the wedding. So is Jesus morally responsible if they get drunk?? If they did, wouldn't it ruin Christ's teachings?
Why do you actually believe this story?

Alcohol is a form of poison, wether it makes you happy or not.

Almost everything written in the bible NT is not recorded anywhere else by anyone else from the entire mediteranean during that era. Why are people so gullable?

marge

Leesburg, GA

#439476 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
God sent god down to earth to impregnate a very young girl so she could give birth to god. God was born then died and returned to heaven to be with God.
Explain that to any non christian....
It's the best news you'll ever hear.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#439477 May 10, 2013
who="marge" Dan, here's the exact wording of that verse;
For by that one offering He forever made perfect those who are being made holy.

"...He forever made perfect those who ARE BEING MADE HOLY."

He's still working on me...

KayMarie
Michael

Canada

#439478 May 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
From one of the favorite websites of protestants here:
Question: "What does the Bible say about drinking alcohol / wine? Is it a sin for a Christian to drink alcohol / wine?"
Answer: Scripture has much to say regarding the drinking of alcohol (Leviticus 10:9; Numbers 6:3; Deuteronomy 29:6; Judges 13:4, 7, 14; Proverbs 20:1; 31:4; Isaiah 5:11, 22; 24:9; 28:7; 29:9; 56:12). However, Scripture does not necessarily forbid a Christian from drinking beer, wine, or any other drink containing alcohol. In fact, some Scriptures discuss alcohol in positive terms. Ecclesiastes 9:7 instructs,“Drink your wine with a merry heart.” Psalm 104:14-15 states that God gives wine “that makes glad the heart of men.” Amos 9:14 discusses drinking wine from your own vineyard as a sign of God’s blessing. Isaiah 55:1 encourages,“Yes, come buy wine and milk…”
What God commands Christians regarding alcohol is to avoid drunkenness (Ephesians 5:18). The Bible condemns drunkenness and its effects (Proverbs 23:29-35). Christians are also commanded to not allow their bodies to be “mastered” by anything (1 Corinthians 6:12; 2 Peter 2:19). Drinking alcohol in excess is undeniably addictive. Scripture also forbids a Christian from doing anything that might offend other Christians or encourage them to sin against their conscience (1 Corinthians 8:9-13). In light of these principles, it would be extremely difficult for any Christian to say he is drinking alcohol in excess to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31).
Jesus changed water into wine. It even seems that Jesus drank wine on occasion (John 2:1-11; Matthew 26:29). In New Testament times, the water was not very clean. Without modern sanitation, the water was often filled with bacteria, viruses, and all kinds of contaminants. The same is true in many third-world countries today. As a result, people often drank wine (or grape juice) because it was far less likely to be contaminated. In 1 Timothy 5:23, Paul was instructing Timothy to stop drinking the water (which was probably causing his stomach problems) and instead drink wine. In that day, wine was fermented (containing alcohol), but not necessarily to the degree it is today. It is incorrect to say that it was grape juice, but it is also incorrect to say that it was the same thing as the wine commonly used today. Again, Scripture does not forbid Christians from drinking beer, wine, or any other drink containing alcohol. Alcohol is not, in and of itself, tainted by sin. It is drunkenness and addiction to alcohol that a Christian must absolutely refrain from (Ephesians 5:18; 1 Corinthians 6:12).
Alcohol, consumed in small quantities, is neither harmful nor addictive. In fact, some doctors advocate drinking small amounts of red wine for its health benefits, especially for the heart. Consumption of small quantities of alcohol is a matter of Christian freedom. Drunkenness and addiction are sin. However, due to the biblical concerns regarding alcohol and its effects, due to the easy temptation to consume alcohol in excess, and due to the possibility of causing offense and/or stumbling of others, it is often best for a Christian to abstain from drinking alcohol.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/sin-alcohol.html#...
I am sure if Jesus turned Mikes hard lemonade into more Mikes hard lemonade instead of the wine trick, you Anthony would be drinking Mikes hard lemonade as your beverage of choice.

No wonder they call you a follower......I am surprised you don't wear a toga and have your hair long.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439479 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The puzzling thing about the Jesus story is that christians can't even tell us what group of people actually killed him if there was such a man. Shouldn't they at least know that?(lol)
If this man did actually die, the scriptures claim it was because a small undescript group of people had a 50-50 choice. This man Jesus or Barabas..........nothing to do with dying for our sins.
Scriptures claim Jesus pissed off his own jewish leaders that lead to his death. Is that how he was suppose to die for our sins by intimidating the church leaders so much that they wanted him dead?
Back in the day Jewish authorities never put people on a cross to die. They stoned them to death.
I still believe this entire story has been fabricated and bits and pieces from past religions created the christianity story.
Um, I think it's pretty widely held that Christ was crucified by operatives of the Roman Empire.

I though you said you were a lapsed Catholic. Did you lapse before you learned to read?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439480 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the Roman Catholics charged fees ... charge a fee for presiding over the sacraments (baptism, holy communion, confirmation, reconciliation "[confession" ...
www.saint-augustine.org/_aug02/ef0802a.htm ...... I'm surprised they don't have pay toilets in every church.......i see the word confession don't you? they charge or expect a fee for everything they do,and confession is one of them what ever catholic group puts out this web site says so,and "IF" it is the "true church" what they say must be true right?
It's an Episcopal website you idiot.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#439481 May 10, 2013
This fulfills the prophecy of Isaiah that says,'When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend.
truth

Perth, Australia

#439482 May 10, 2013
Jesus Christ name above all..until others accusers act how?

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#439483 May 10, 2013
I don't cotton to the word "evil," but other than, I agree with this quote.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Steven Weinberg: "I think that on the balance the moral influence of religion has been awful. With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil. But for good people to do evil -- that takes religion."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/quotes2.htm
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439484 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you were not the author of this piece.
However, curious about your opinion on the author here playing the "Jesus Christ/Son of God/Redeemer/Bringer of the New Covenant wouldn't dare cross Habakkuk" card as a logical argument for a self-professed Christian.
I mean, you can be a teetotaler or temperance activist and make arguments against excessive consumption of alcohol (the author gives his leanings here away with the "dangerous drug" thing), but I'm not sure I'd be writing as a Christian that Jesus should have checked Himself on Habakkuk (or anyone else for that matter) before pulling the trigger on a miracle.
"checked Himself on Habakkuk (or anyone else for that matter) before pulling the trigger on a miracle. "

lol. I love it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439485 May 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you agree with these words;
"It makes no sense and runs counter to Christ's spotless integrity to purposely corrupt what was natural and healthy for a recreational mind-altering substance.
The concept itself defames the very character of Jesus and puts him in violation of the spirit, if not the letter of the law of God,..."
Tell me chuck what sin is if not doing something that "puts him in violation of the spirit, if not the letter of the law of God,..."?
Chuck wasn't the author of the exposition on why the Miracle at Cana was "bad".

The author actually places Jesus Christ in position of having sinned. And I thought anti-smokers were fanatics-at least they never accused Christ of committing a sin.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#439486 May 10, 2013
No more sacrifices are needed. The reign of the Great High Priest is not to be interrupted by the duty of sacrifice.
truth

Perth, Australia

#439487 May 10, 2013
You try tell me Sultana grapes not grow up where around Mediterranean..if not please tell me why they call dry grapes call Sultana...is in Arabia live any yew..or what?

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#439488 May 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
...He forever made perfect those who ARE BEING MADE HOLY."
He's still working on me...
If he's still working on you, then belief in Jesus didn't take care of your supposed sins after all.

What if you die today and the work on you is not complete?

Silly nonsense!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Dr Banonator 63,644
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min New Age Spiritual... 973,742
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min Annaleigh 106,489
Straight c**k 24 min Horny 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min onemale 281,849
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 43 min Jess 728
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 45 min New Age Spiritual... 618,733
More from around the web