Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
423,301 - 423,320 of 533,566 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In common usage, faith healing refers to notably overt and ritualistic practices of communal prayer and gestures (such as laying on of hands) that are claimed to solicit divine intervention in initiating spiritual and literal healing.
Show me these words in my post "gestures" "laying on of hands".....
You were the one who conjoined "effective fervent prayer" in the passage with the healing of an illness. You said that's what the passage from James spoke of (vs. healing of sin).

Are you now retracting your comment?

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The "pope called nuns old maids" crap.
Your diatribe here simply confirms my earlier point. You'll use or create anything for the express purpose of bashing Catholicism. The sex scandal issue is simply a tool of yours for that purpose. You aren't concerned about that issue to any extent past which it can be used for by you to denounce Catholicism.
Sad that you see fit to use their suffering as a rhetorical tool.
........There is not a single contemporary historical mention of Jesus, not by Romans or by Jews, not by believers or by unbelievers, not during his entire lifetime. This does not disprove his existence, but it certainly casts great doubt on the historicity of a man who was supposedly widely known to have made a great impact on the world. Someone should have noticed.

.....The Gospel story, with its figure of Jesus of Nazareth, cannot be found before the Gospels. In Christian writings earlier than Mark, including almost all of the New Testament epistles, as well as in many writings from the second century, the object of Christian faith is never spoken of as a human man who had recently lived, taught, performed miracles, suffered and died at the hands of human authorities, or rose from a tomb outside Jerusalem. There is no sign in the epistles of Mary or Joseph, Judas or John the Baptist, no birth story, teaching or appointment of apostles by Jesus, no mention of holy places or sites of Jesus’ career, not even the hill of Calvary or the empty tomb. This silence is so pervasive and so perplexing that attempted explanations for it have proven inadequate.- The Jesus Puzzle

.....devastating!

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
....and something that he insists (still) isn't in scripture.
the way you mean it,it is not in scripture.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your diatribe here simply confirms my earlier point. You'll use or create anything for the express purpose of bashing Catholicism. The sex scandal issue is simply a tool of yours for that purpose. You aren't concerned about that issue to any extent past which it can be used for by you to denounce Catholicism.
If I referred to you as an Ahole. or said don't act like an Ahole........you get the same message Dan.

You think the nuns are happy with his comments? Would you be happy if all the nuns were painted with the same brush?

Kind of disgusting Dan.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
When James wrote "confess your sins to another that you may be healed", what do you think that meant?
Healed of what?
since i can not ask him,i don't know what he meant,i sighted a number of passages that state you must confess to god to absolutely absolved of your sins,and you people always claim the bible is perfect an infallible,so going by that i have to take it as truth,if the one god theory is correct of course. james 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective....if you read this correctly confess to each other and "PRAY FOR EACH OTHER" who are they praying to? if they are praying for each other? as i stated you have to pray to god/jesus to be absolved,why can't you see that in the passage?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

111 958
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one who conjoined "effective fervent prayer" in the passage with the healing of an illness. You said that's what the passage from James spoke of (vs. healing of sin).
Are you now retracting your comment?
Show me these words in my post "gestures" "laying on of hands"...

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's slandering the Jews?
You do at every turn of your biblical pages that were compiled by Catholics.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Dan that it is correct to refer to the nuns around the world to "not be old maids" You would say that to a nun?
Would you be OK if a neighbor said that to your wife?
2010 the roman catholic bishops conference in Florida indicated that today around america about only 1 in 4 roman catholics actually goes to mandatory sunday mass weekly. 50 years ago those numbers were reveresed.
Imagine a large corporation and only 25% of the workers came to work when required.
The catholic church has already lost western europe. America/Canada are next. Today 1/3rd of all roman catholics in america are Latino. Where are all the western european catholics that once almost totally dominated the catholic landscape in america?
It's fine if my boss tells me to not do something that he doesn't want me to or not act in a manner that he does not wish me to act while performing my duties.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe your own NABre pope approved Bible!!!! So, tell me.....what is the source of your "wisdom"????!!!
Quote: Whatever you bind…loosed in heaven: there are many instances in rabbinic literature of the binding-loosing imagery. Of the several meanings given there to the metaphor, two are of special importance here: the giving of authoritative teaching, and the lifting or imposing of the ban of excommunication. It is disputed whether the image of the keys and that of binding and loosing are different metaphors meaning the same thing. In any case, the promise of the keys is given to Peter alone.
Who determined that Christ was speaking metaphorically? Not the Apostles-they did what He told them to do.

If the Apostles took it at face, were they wrong?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't playing "dueling Bible verses", you were.
The Church teaches to confess our sins to a priest to receive God's grace and forgiveness.
your church and only your church believes that,it does not make it true. both james and timothy say you must confess to jesus/god. a priest is nothing more than a man in a fancy outfit,he is no holier than me.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

be back later pc trouble here.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
........There is not a single contemporary historical mention of Jesus, not by Romans or by Jews, not by believers or by unbelievers, not during his entire lifetime. This does not disprove his existence, but it certainly casts great doubt on the historicity of a man who was supposedly widely known to have made a great impact on the world. Someone should have noticed.
.....The Gospel story, with its figure of Jesus of Nazareth, cannot be found before the Gospels. In Christian writings earlier than Mark, including almost all of the New Testament epistles, as well as in many writings from the second century, the object of Christian faith is never spoken of as a human man who had recently lived, taught, performed miracles, suffered and died at the hands of human authorities, or rose from a tomb outside Jerusalem. There is no sign in the epistles of Mary or Joseph, Judas or John the Baptist, no birth story, teaching or appointment of apostles by Jesus, no mention of holy places or sites of Jesus’ career, not even the hill of Calvary or the empty tomb. This silence is so pervasive and so perplexing that attempted explanations for it have proven inadequate.- The Jesus Puzzle
.....devastating!
Pasteups sans citation from the internet as an argument?

Words come to mind, but "devastating" isn't high on the list.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
111 958
<quoted text>
Show me these words in my post "gestures" "laying on of hands"...
You conjoined fervent prayer with healing of an illness. Now backpedaling, you seek to offer me yet another definition or explication that you demand I accept "gestures", "laying on of hands".

Do you now retract that comment on James 5:16?
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Sisters encouraged, grateful Pope met with them
By David Uebbing
Vatican City, May 9, 2013 / 10:09 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Sister Alice Matilda Nsiah says that Pope Francis’ decision to meet with her and other superiors general on Wednesday left them encouraged, grateful and proud to be Catholic.

“Our faith is renewed with the Pope and we are very grateful that he give (sic) us the audience. We are very grateful that he has time for us. We are very grateful that we are working together for the Church. So we are very proud to be Catholics,” said Sr. Nsiah, mother superior of the Daughters of the Most Blessed Trinity.

She is one of about 800 religious sisters who were in Rome May 3-7 for the general assembly of the International Union of Superiors General, which discussed the prophetic nature of the Church and the nature of authority.

“He gave a very good encouragement about our commitment to the Lord, how we are called by the Lord to serve him in the Church and how we are important in the Church,” she said.

The Pope also stressed the importance of the sisters being spiritual “mothers and not spinsters!”

“Chastity enlarges the freedom of your gift to God and others with Christ's tenderness, mercy, and closeness. But, please,(make it) a ‘fertile’ chastity, which generates spiritual children in the Church,” he told the consecrated women.

“Forgive me if I talk like this,” he added,“but this maternity of consecrated life, this fruitfulness is important!”

For Sr. Nsiah, the Holy Father’s words underscored that “without us, the maternity of the Church is lacking.”
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/sister...
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>When supplied with the scripture that informs a particular doctrine, your response is to disagree JETHRO:I have never done this cause as i stated scripture does not support the churches catechism in any way, if it does show me? show me where they were allowed to change the Sabbath? change the commandments,pray to idols? show me where it states the pope is the vicar of Christ?
You denied the existence of the text of James 5:16.

You stated that nowhere in scripture does it say to confess to another.

When presented with James 5:16, you simply restated your denial.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
........DAN SAYS.......The sex scandal issue is simply a tool of yours for that purpose. You aren't concerned about that issue to any extent past which it can be used for by you to denounce Catholicism.

MICHAEL SAYS.....Its obvious you aren't concerned because I don't ever remember you ever standing up for the victims, which I do all the time.

Its always find an excuse to defend the actions of the church leaders.

The only reason the church is now addressing these 1700 year old issues is because they GOT CAUGHT and the number of cases became so overwhelming they couldn't cover them up anymore.

The clergy never dialed 9-1-1.......it was ALWAYS the victims and their families. Your OK with that? I am sure if I threw a tiny stone at a church window every priest in sight would be dialing 9-1-1 wanting me arrested, but were all silent when the abuses were going on by their own.

Coverup artists.....

UNBELIEVABLE!

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Some "scholars" claim that that the god of the Druids was Esus, and Hesus of Lucan, described as gods of the Gauls which are both very close to the word Jesus.

As words are morphed at every turn, it's difficult to know who morphed which words to suit their own systems of belief.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the way you mean it,it is not in scripture.
Before, your deal was that there was no mention of confession to another.

Now, after denying it even existed, you see fit to tell me that I don't understand a verse that you denied even existed yesterday.

It's still there and it's still in scripture.

Sorry.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>since i can not ask him,i don't know what he meant,i sighted a number of passages that state you must confess to god to absolutely absolved of your sins,and you people always claim the bible is perfect an infallible,so going by that i have to take it as truth,if the one god theory is correct of course. james 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective....if you read this correctly confess to each other and "PRAY FOR EACH OTHER" who are they praying to? if they are praying for each other? as i stated you have to pray to god/jesus to be absolved,why can't you see that in the passage?
You seemed abundantly clear earlier about what it DIDN'T mean.

Make up your mind or go back to sleep.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Regina wrote:
Sisters encouraged, grateful Pope met with them
By David Uebbing
Vatican City, May 9, 2013 / 10:09 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Sister Alice Matilda Nsiah says that Pope Francis’ decision to meet with her and other superiors general on Wednesday left them encouraged, grateful and proud to be Catholic.
“Our faith is renewed with the Pope and we are very grateful that he give (sic) us the audience. We are very grateful that he has time for us. We are very grateful that we are working together for the Church. So we are very proud to be Catholics,” said Sr. Nsiah, mother superior of the Daughters of the Most Blessed Trinity.
She is one of about 800 religious sisters who were in Rome May 3-7 for the general assembly of the International Union of Superiors General, which discussed the prophetic nature of the Church and the nature of authority.
“He gave a very good encouragement about our commitment to the Lord, how we are called by the Lord to serve him in the Church and how we are important in the Church,” she said.
The Pope also stressed the importance of the sisters being spiritual “mothers and not spinsters!”
“Chastity enlarges the freedom of your gift to God and others with Christ's tenderness, mercy, and closeness. But, please,(make it) a ‘fertile’ chastity, which generates spiritual children in the Church,” he told the consecrated women.
“Forgive me if I talk like this,” he added,“but this maternity of consecrated life, this fruitfulness is important!”
For Sr. Nsiah, the Holy Father’s words underscored that “without us, the maternity of the Church is lacking.”
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/sister...
You mean Michael didn't get his ducks in a row before running down one of his rabbit holes?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

368 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Alicia Yarbrough Bippus! (Apr '12) 7 min YES 2
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 min Johnny 1,603
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min scaritual 722,121
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 13 min whogivesarstsbutt 25
Gusto ko po sana magampon ng baby. (Dec '13) 19 min jazzlen 18
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Commander Bunny 256,963
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 33 min andet1987 5,271
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 115,598
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr nightgown 123