Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658873 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#439248 May 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Who is the true Jew?
One that observes rituals, or one of the heart?
everything comes from the heart an mind,man made rituals that have no undeniable support is nothing more than a way to make easy money...just Google how the catholic church got it's tremendous wealth,and how it hoards it. james 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.....i single out the pagan/christian church,because this is a P/C church forum

usa

#439249 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants probably avoid James as it cites auricular confession and salvation through faith AND works. Both are things protestants don't adhere to. So much for sola scriptura.
good thing i'm not a protestant,nor do i belong to any cult but my own.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#439250 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if I follow you here (difficult), your position is that despite Christ's statement in Matt. 16:19, no one on Earth (not Peter nor any of the Apostles) has ever had the power to bind and loose. By extension, the rest of Matt. goes away as well, and no one on Earth ever received Christ's ministerial authority.
Did I read you correctly?
BEING A PART OF THE BODY OF CHRIST AND WITH THE INTERDEPENDENCE OF EVERY PART OF THE BODY UPON EACH OTHER...
ALL THAT JESUS CALLED RE AUTHORIZED TO DO THE WORK THAT JESUS HAS ASSIGNED TO HIS BODY...IN MATTHEW 16:17-19

usa

#439251 May 9, 2013
TO ANTHONY:this is the post that started the confession talk,you conveniently left out a part of it and this is what i went by,here it is.:Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Kay say confess to God alone. We no need no stinkin' priest.
Jesus says "If you forgive sins they are forgiven, if you retain them they are retained". Obviously they need to know the sin in order to forgive them.
St. James says "confess your sins to one another."
I guess you two know better. Good luck.
st. james is wrong the book 1 timothy 2:5 proves that, i doubt st. James said "confess your sins to one another."that would be going against gods will.JETHRO:TAKE NOTE "st. James said "confess your sins to one another." how come you left out "also pray for each other"? this what went by,you mislead me.that is why i quoted 1 Timothy 2:5,you mislead me YOU SINNED!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#439252 May 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Having had to deal on a personal level with atheist German Nazi, and Russian Communists in his own country, John Paul II, was both hated and admired by them.
And this is the weakness of the atheist position, they can't make up their minds!
I suggest you study the meanings of the words atheism an communism and you will understand that they are not linked together.

Atheism ... Noun ... the theory or belief that God does not exist.

Communism ... a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common

Prince George, Canada

#439253 May 9, 2013
and

usa

#439254 May 9, 2013
Does God want some to go to hell?god wants everyone to go to heaven:1 Timothy 2:3-4
God our Saviour; who will have all men to be saved.
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is ... not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance....Proverbs 16:4
The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
John 12:40
He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
Romans 9:18
Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned.GOD WANTS SOME TO GO TO HELL.Proverbs 16:4
The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
John 12:40
He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
Romans 9:18
Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned.......HOW CONTRADICTING

Prince George, Canada

#439255 May 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Jews, Muslims, and Christians have lived in peace for hundereds of years, until, WWI,
You converse as does a child. I suggest you study history from outside of your church.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#439256 May 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The "sacrament of confession". LOL LOL
hee hee

Prince George, Canada

#439257 May 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Who is the true Jew?
One that observes rituals, or one of the heart?
I suspect that all Jews believe they are the only TRUE Jews.

They took each other to court over the issue, so just as do you, they take their religion as though they all know the only truth.

usa

#439258 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You converse as does a child. I suggest you study history from outside of your church.
they don't do that out of fear of the church,it still has it's dungeons.

Prince George, Canada

#439259 May 9, 2013
Stalin studied for five years to be a priest.

As did the popes he ordered that millions of people be put to death for not following orders.

Prince George, Canada

#439260 May 9, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>they don't do that out of fear of the church,it still has it's dungeons.
The dark dungeons are in the brains of the indoctrinated believers.
youtube

AOL

#439261 May 9, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Clay

United States

#439262 May 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The "sacrament of confession". LOL LOL
Oh? Did you ever read the writings of the Disciples of the Apostles, to learn what they actually taught about those Biblical passages?

Of course you didn't. You're a coward. Your career as a self proclaimed minister/deacon whatever supersedes truth. That's the case with countless other men in your situation.

Prince George, Canada

#439263 May 9, 2013
From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following

*A singular proof of the despotism of bishops over their priests is, that they forbid them reading any book at pleasure, especially when it contains some opinion contrary to the decisions of the Church. This prohibition extends so far that priests can, no more than others, read any part of the work of a man who has written against Popery. This is called interdiction,“in odium auctoris,” by hatred of the author.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#439264 May 9, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>they don't do that out of fear of the church,it still has it's dungeons.
Still waiting for that proof of a "church fee" or an admission that you lied. Where is it???

usa

#439265 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you blow off the part about "that you may be healed", you may be onto something.
Unfortunately, it's part of the verse.
it was anthony that messed things up, check my post.he wrote..."st. James said "confess your sins to one another."JETHRO,he left out to "pray for each other" he mislead me he should of posted the whole passage like you did,which i did not see until just a few minutes ago when i backed tracked.that is why i quoted 1 timothy 2:5.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#439266 May 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hee hee
Careful, Marge. You're laughing at that which is of God.
Clay

United States

#439267 May 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Why do born agains bother confessing their sins, when they are already forgiven?" End quote.
The Bible tells us......
I John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Why do Roman Catholics confess their sins to a priest? Did the priest pay the price required as payment for the forgiveness of their sins with his death? Hebrews 9:22, "Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."
I John 2:1-2, 1 "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." 2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."
You said, quote, "How can God forgive a sin when its already washed away in OSAS?" End quote.
Your ignorance is showing again. You know so little and act as though you know so much. Your best bet would be a closed mouth an open mind and a cleansed heart.
What does "eternal security for Christians" mean? It means that when a person gets saved, he's saved forever. When a person becomes a Christian, when he's truly born again, he can never, ever be lost. He can never under any circumstances lose his salvation--that it is impossible for a saved person to become an unsaved person. "Once saved, always saved." All who are actually born again of the Spirit of God through faith in the saving work of Christ are eternally secure in Him, and can rest assured in it.
um ok, you're right. I don't know enough... help me out Deacon.
so there is no need to confess your sins, because you really can't confess something that's already forgiven??
Or, how do I confess my sins when there are no consequences if I do or not? I'm saved!!

Confrint, Preston?? Where are you? Your fellow Evangelical Born Again doesn't teach the same sola scripture as you. Could you straighten him and Chuck out??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Doctor Jekyl 71,048
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Gabriel 974,825
Blacks need to be deported NOW! (Oct '10) 24 min Johnny 157
Leroy Willams and Mary 1 hr theyruthwillsetyo... 1
i need a man to get me pregnant no strings atta... (Dec '12) 1 hr Carlo 73
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr ImFree2Choose 3,044
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 2 hr Go Blue Forever 254
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Johnny 5,053
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 283,003
More from around the web