Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637422 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#439203 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you preaching what you believe is truth from your own Christian religion?
I am a woman of faith in a never failing God June.
Is there a Christian religion, if so where.
Faith comes from God not man June, Religions were created by man for man to entrap them in a serves to men and their evil ways.
God says they shall no kill.
Yet men have killed trying to force people to follow a doctrine, claiming it was in the name of God. "LAIRS"
IT WAS THE LOVE OF MONEY AND OF POWER THEY KILLED, AND USED GOD TO DO EVIL. GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED JUNE.
THERE IS A DAY OF RECKONING COMING.
LIKE BOB DYLAN'S SONG SAYS
THERE IS A SLOW TRAIN ACOMING
Clay

Hollywood, FL

#439204 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We disagree on confession, so I don't think they lacked or missed out on anything.
Why do born agains bother confessing their sins, when they are already forgiven? You can't lose your salvation, right? Is it a symbolic gesture for you to ask for forgiveness? How can God forgive a sin when its already washed away in OSAS?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439205 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarcasm Dan..
"All godly men who are great examples for men today. Paul maybe the most influential person on earth since Christ..."

......just not of sufficient influence for you to adhere to and emulate his Christian belief and practice. He was wrong on that. Other than that, he was a major, major influence. Maybe the most influential person on Earth since Christ.

Of what influence COULD he be, if not for his Christian belief and practice? Penmanship?

Doesn't that sound a bit, well, not cogent?

Dan

Omaha, NE

#439206 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately that's what I thought...wow. They gotcha don't they Dan.
Simply point out the inaccuracies in the statement. Wouldn't that be of more use than the "tsk, tsk" you're now giving me?

I mean, you brought it to the board.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#439207 May 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do born agains bother confessing their sins, when they are already forgiven? You can't lose your salvation, right? Is it a symbolic gesture for you to ask for forgiveness? How can God forgive a sin when its already washed away in OSAS?
June blurts out posts too Clay that has nothing to do with the conversation going on. You should go see what she's doing. Thanks.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439208 May 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not aware if chuck believes in OSAS or not.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439209 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand the issue here respective to the confession statement from Catholic Answers.

Forget who's Catholic and who isn't.

A Catholic is presented with a list of 5 benefits of auricular confession.

Fine.

The non-Catholic, freely choosing to not be Catholic, forgoes these 5 benefits, willingly, as they don't want to be Catholic.

So, the non-Catholic does not receive these 5 benefits by virtue of their own decision to not be Catholic.

Pointing out that the non-Catholic forgoes these benefits not a lie-you don't believe in the benefits, so you don't believe you receive them.

It's akin to taking issue with someone telling you that if you don't jump in the water you don't get wet.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#439210 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Until I agree with you, you mean.
No, thanks.
I prefer to place my salvation in the hands of a teacher with actual ministerial authority from Christ, not someone who appoints him/herself as one.
~~~ONLY JESUS THE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD HAS THE ATTRIBUTES LISTED IN THE PROPHECY BELOW...

THE APOSTLE PETER DID NOT/DOES NOT QUALIFY

Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Isa 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Isa 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

FOR YOU TO EQUATE PETER WITH CHRIST AND ATTRIBUTE GLORY TO PETER IN THE PLACE OF JESUS IS BLASPHEMY.

~~~

FOR STARTERS ....PETER WAS NOT/IS NOT A DESCENT OF JESSE...

AND NONE OF THE REST OF THE ABOVE PROPHECY CAN BE SAID OF PETER...

THE WORDS OF JESUS ...CONCERNING PETER WAS...

Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan:

thou art an offence unto me:

for thou savourest not the things that be of God,

but those that be of men.....

~~~

Mat_26:34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Mat_26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

~~~

JESUS SAID...

Luk_22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

THE HEAVENLY FATHER HAD TO REMIND PETER WHOM JESUS WAS/IS...

Luk 9:32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.

Luk 9:33 And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.

Luk 9:34 While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.

Luk 9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

~~~

JESUS HERE HAD TO REMIND PETER TO "FEED HIS SHEEP.."

Joh_21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

Joh_21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Joh_21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

___

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439211 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the same could be said for the other sacraments you folks reject. Why is that such a revelation to you?

#439212 May 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~ONLY JESUS THE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD HAS THE ATTRIBUTES LISTED IN THE PROPHECY BELOW...
Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
Isa 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Isa 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
FOR YOU TO EQUATE PETER WITH CHRIST AND ATTRIBUTE GLORY TO PETER IN THE PLACE OF JESUS IS BLASPHEMY.
~~~
~~~
Mat_26:34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Mat_26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.
~~~
JESUS SAID...
Luk_22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
Luk 9:32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.
Luk 9:33 And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.
Luk 9:34 While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.
Luk 9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
~~~
Joh_21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
Joh_21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
Joh_21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
___
THE APOSTLE PAUL WITHSTOOD PETER

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed...

Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

Gal 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439214 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
~~~
~~~
JESUS SAID...
~~~
___
Discrediting the authority given to St. Peter by Christ and demeaning him only makes you look small confrinting.
Clay

Hollywood, FL

#439215 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
June blurts out posts too Clay that has nothing to do with the conversation going on. You should go see what she's doing. Thanks.
Who's June? Does she post on here?
:-)

You were talking about the Sacrament of Confession. I asked if you guys bother confessing your sins at all.
Its not like I stepped in and brought up the Papacy. What I said was pertinent to the discussion.

#439216 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>THE APOSTLE PAUL WITHSTOOD PETER
Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed...

Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

Gal 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel,

I said unto Peter before them all,

If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and

not as do the Jews,

why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Gal 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#439217 May 9, 2013
Many put the manifestation of Kingdom of God in the future, and they are
right, in part, the Kingdom will not be established over all the World, and all
men, until the lease on the Earth that God gave Adam runs out, and Jesus opens
it and takes possession of it (REV 5:1-5 and REV 11:15-17), however, we have
been transfered from the dominion of darkness into His Kingdom, the Word
declares that we are Ambassadors of Christ (2 COR 5:20 (5:17-6:1)) and God's
fellow workers. We are in the World, but NOT of it, moreover, it shouldn't be
allowed to be IN us, the Kingdom of God should be in us! The word says we can
be partakers of "the Heavenly Gift", sharing "in the Holy Spirit," and
"the goodness of the Word of God and the Powers of the Comming age" (HEB 6:5).
We CAN see the manifestation of that age in our lives now, praise God for it.
So how far into the things of God do you need to go to get there? Let's look at
what Paul says is the foundation of maturity.

HEBREWS 6:1+2:

Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to
maturity, not laying again the FOUNDATION of: Repentance from acts that lead to
death. And of Faith in God. Instruction about Baptisms, the laying on of hands,
the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgement.
Clay

Hollywood, FL

#439218 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not aware if chuck believes in OSAS or not.
I believe he does. However, its very difficult to keep track of what they all believe.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#439219 May 9, 2013
The things that many christians see as the "whole" of christianity are really
just its foundation. Many groups do not teach any more than what is in Hebrews
Six One and Two. But it is just the fundamental foundation, its not the whole of
what God has for us, it is indeed significant stuff, but God has a lot more
in store for us. As christians we are called to turn from the behaviors that
lead to death and destruction. We are called to act in a higher mannor than what
the World is accustomed to. And when we are saved, we are faced with the fact
that our old man is still around in the form of habits, attitudes, and
reasonings. But we are called to press on in Faith to bring our lives subject
to His Word and its commands (chief of which is that we live in Love). We are
Baptized into Jesus, into His death, burial, and resurrection. We recieve water
baptism as a sign of that spiritual process. And there is, subsequent to
Salvation, a Baptism in the Spirit that is our empowerment to be witnesses to
the whole world of Jesus and the Gospel of His Kingdom. We are called to live a
life of ministry, a part of which is to lay hands on the sick, the oppressed,
and the poor, and to bless them in His Name in order to bring our faith and
God's Word into play in their lives while doing so. We look forward to the
resurrection of the dead, and the eternal judgement that will follow it,
confident in the provision of God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Beyond this foundation lies the most awesome mystery of God. That He would
desire to take men and conform them totally to His image by causing them to
grow up in all things into Jesus. That He would walk with us, being in us and
upon us, to manifest His Kingdom and be Light to a World bound in darkness.
God desires for us to reign on His behalf over all things in this earth. We are
the ones He has decided to bring all things under the feet of Jesus through.
He has predestined us to prosper in all things. God doesn't want His children to
be in poverty, He wants us to Seek His Kingdom, and promises us that ALL other
things we need or could want will be added to THAT. Who wouldn't like to be able
to meet the needs of all those around them easily? Well that is His plan for you
and I. He wants to be able to bless us till we cannot contain it. Then we will
be able to take care of the widdows and orphans, there will be no poor, we will
have met their need and taught them about of Wonderful Father and His Son, and
that He wants to so prosper them that they can meet others needs. Immagine
living everyday like Jesus did, spending all your time with God, and doing His
works, having all your needs taken care of by Him, healing the sick, opening
blind eyes and deaf ears, raising the dead. Giving grieving parents their little
child back to them alive, and telling them about God your Father and His Son,
who is the Resurrection and the Life. This is your calling. Awake to It. Grab it
with your faith and don't let it go. Nurture the image of it in your heart,
confess that it is for you. Start acting like it is so, and stop acting like
mere men. Fix your desires on it, and not the distractions of the World. Set
your heart on it, move on into it, and never look back. God has called you
CONT
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#439220 May 9, 2013
CONT
Heavenward in Christ Jesus, He has called you to a higher life, to a life above
the things of this earth. You and I are destined to walk in the works He has
forordained for us He has made all the provision, all He asks of us is that we
make the commitment, and exert ourselves toward that goal. He will move Heaven
and Earth to see His will accomplished in our lives if that is what it takes.
We have been promised that His Word will not return to Him void, but will
accomplish the purpose for which He sent it. We have been given the Holy Spirit
as our Constant Companion of Encouragement, Wisdom, and Counsel, to teach us.
And Jesus ever lives to intercede on our behalf in Heaven, despite the fact
that we ourselves can approach God's very throne boldly to obtain His Favor.
----------
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439221 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
~~~
~~~
JESUS SAID...
~~~
___
So, if I follow you here (difficult), your position is that despite Christ's statement in Matt. 16:19, no one on Earth (not Peter nor any of the Apostles) has ever had the power to bind and loose. By extension, the rest of Matt. goes away as well, and no one on Earth ever received Christ's ministerial authority.

Did I read you correctly?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439222 May 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the same could be said for the other sacraments you folks reject. Why is that such a revelation to you?
Right.

"I reject the sacraments. It's a lie from Hell for anyone to point out that I don't receive sacramental graces, despite the fact that it was me who rejected the sacraments to begin with."

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#439223 May 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a woman of faith in a never failing God June.
Are you desperate to convince me, or your self?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min Truthiness 18,504
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Bongo 28,478
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min onemale 280,476
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 51 min Ann Bonney 53,707
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Nagul 8,468
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr pusherman 968,782
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve 44,156
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 3 hr Paul is dead 3,640
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 8 hr Voyeur 38,009
More from around the web