Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 684061 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#439193 May 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
Then, what to do with Matt. 16:19?
Tear that page out?
Can I get an AMEN?
No. You can go back and read it right.
KayMarie
Until I agree with you, you mean.

No, thanks.

I prefer to place my salvation in the hands of a teacher with actual ministerial authority from Christ, not someone who appoints him/herself as one.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439194 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We disagree on confession, so I don't think they lacked or missed out on anything.
You said they missed out. You used those very words.

They "agree" with me on confession.

You're the one who took issue with them.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#439195 May 9, 2013
Man from a Far Country—A portrait of Pope John Paul II, by Mary Craig ……….

Indeed he understood those who denied that there was a God. He had, as many of the fathers had not, first-hand experience with atheism and numbered many unbelievers among his friends. Like Pope John, he preferred to look for the common ground between them, believing that the church must take man as he is.

It is not the role of the Church to flourish its authority in the face of unbelievers. We and all our fellow men are engaged in a search….let us avoid all moralizing and all suggestion that the Church has a monopoly of truth. One of the major defects of the draft is that in it, the Church appears to be an authoritarian institution.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439196 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
This was the question:
To say that a true born again christian does not have the same benefits as a catholic because a catholic confesses sin to a priest is an absolute lie from the pit of Hell.
Do you really believe this Dan....really?
Yes or no is fine
No, I don't believe the statement is a lie from the pit of Hell or anywhere else.

I even took pains to show you why it isn't a lie.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439197 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We disagree on confession, so I don't think they lacked or missed out on anything.
"Wow....they missed out on alot."

You said they missed out.

chuck

Dublin, OH

#439198 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You said they missed out. You used those very words.
They "agree" with me on confession.
You're the one who took issue with them.
Sarcasm Dan..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439199 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
This was the question:
To say that a true born again christian does not have the same benefits as a catholic because a catholic confesses sin to a priest is an absolute lie from the pit of Hell.
Do you really believe this Dan....really?
Yes or no is fine
You actually ask here if I believe the statement you call a lie is a lie or not.

I think you want me to reply to "do I believe the statement RE: benefits of confession between born-agains and Catholics".

Yes, I believe the statement as it's accurate.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#439200 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Give a fool a bible and the fool will lead the way to more and more foolishness.
Psa_14:1 A Psalm of David.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psa_36:1 A Psalm of David the servant of the LORD.

The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart,
that there is no fear of God before his eyes.

Psa_53:1 A Psalm of David.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

____

Isa_40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

___

2Co 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2Co 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2Co 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439201 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarcasm Dan..
I assumed that you were aware that they believed in auricular confession.

If you do hold them in the regard you claim to, why do you not emulate their belief and practice?

Comes back again to you knowing better, doesn't it?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#439202 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually ask here if I believe the statement you call a lie is a lie or not.
I think you want me to reply to "do I believe the statement RE: benefits of confession between born-agains and Catholics".
Yes, I believe the statement as it's accurate.
Unfortunately that's what I thought...wow. They gotcha don't they Dan.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#439203 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you preaching what you believe is truth from your own Christian religion?
I am a woman of faith in a never failing God June.
Is there a Christian religion, if so where.
Faith comes from God not man June, Religions were created by man for man to entrap them in a serves to men and their evil ways.
God says they shall no kill.
Yet men have killed trying to force people to follow a doctrine, claiming it was in the name of God. "LAIRS"
IT WAS THE LOVE OF MONEY AND OF POWER THEY KILLED, AND USED GOD TO DO EVIL. GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED JUNE.
THERE IS A DAY OF RECKONING COMING.
LIKE BOB DYLAN'S SONG SAYS
THERE IS A SLOW TRAIN ACOMING
Clay

United States

#439204 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do born agains bother confessing their sins, when they are already forgiven? You can't lose your salvation, right? Is it a symbolic gesture for you to ask for forgiveness? How can God forgive a sin when its already washed away in OSAS?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439205 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarcasm Dan..
"All godly men who are great examples for men today. Paul maybe the most influential person on earth since Christ..."

......just not of sufficient influence for you to adhere to and emulate his Christian belief and practice. He was wrong on that. Other than that, he was a major, major influence. Maybe the most influential person on Earth since Christ.

Of what influence COULD he be, if not for his Christian belief and practice? Penmanship?

Doesn't that sound a bit, well, not cogent?

Dan

Omaha, NE

#439206 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply point out the inaccuracies in the statement. Wouldn't that be of more use than the "tsk, tsk" you're now giving me?

I mean, you brought it to the board.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#439207 May 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do born agains bother confessing their sins, when they are already forgiven? You can't lose your salvation, right? Is it a symbolic gesture for you to ask for forgiveness? How can God forgive a sin when its already washed away in OSAS?
June blurts out posts too Clay that has nothing to do with the conversation going on. You should go see what she's doing. Thanks.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439208 May 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not aware if chuck believes in OSAS or not.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439209 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand the issue here respective to the confession statement from Catholic Answers.

Forget who's Catholic and who isn't.

A Catholic is presented with a list of 5 benefits of auricular confession.

Fine.

The non-Catholic, freely choosing to not be Catholic, forgoes these 5 benefits, willingly, as they don't want to be Catholic.

So, the non-Catholic does not receive these 5 benefits by virtue of their own decision to not be Catholic.

Pointing out that the non-Catholic forgoes these benefits not a lie-you don't believe in the benefits, so you don't believe you receive them.

It's akin to taking issue with someone telling you that if you don't jump in the water you don't get wet.

#439210 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Until I agree with you, you mean.
No, thanks.
I prefer to place my salvation in the hands of a teacher with actual ministerial authority from Christ, not someone who appoints him/herself as one.
~~~ONLY JESUS THE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD HAS THE ATTRIBUTES LISTED IN THE PROPHECY BELOW...

THE APOSTLE PETER DID NOT/DOES NOT QUALIFY

Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Isa 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Isa 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

FOR YOU TO EQUATE PETER WITH CHRIST AND ATTRIBUTE GLORY TO PETER IN THE PLACE OF JESUS IS BLASPHEMY.

~~~

FOR STARTERS ....PETER WAS NOT/IS NOT A DESCENT OF JESSE...

AND NONE OF THE REST OF THE ABOVE PROPHECY CAN BE SAID OF PETER...

THE WORDS OF JESUS ...CONCERNING PETER WAS...

Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan:

thou art an offence unto me:

for thou savourest not the things that be of God,

but those that be of men.....

~~~

Mat_26:34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Mat_26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

~~~

JESUS SAID...

Luk_22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

THE HEAVENLY FATHER HAD TO REMIND PETER WHOM JESUS WAS/IS...

Luk 9:32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.

Luk 9:33 And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.

Luk 9:34 While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.

Luk 9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

~~~

JESUS HERE HAD TO REMIND PETER TO "FEED HIS SHEEP.."

Joh_21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

Joh_21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Joh_21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

___

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#439211 May 9, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the same could be said for the other sacraments you folks reject. Why is that such a revelation to you?

#439212 May 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~ONLY JESUS THE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD HAS THE ATTRIBUTES LISTED IN THE PROPHECY BELOW...
THE APOSTLE PETER DID NOT/DOES NOT QUALIFY
Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
Isa 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Isa 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
FOR YOU TO EQUATE PETER WITH CHRIST AND ATTRIBUTE GLORY TO PETER IN THE PLACE OF JESUS IS BLASPHEMY.
~~~
FOR STARTERS ....PETER WAS NOT/IS NOT A DESCENT OF JESSE...
AND NONE OF THE REST OF THE ABOVE PROPHECY CAN BE SAID OF PETER...
THE WORDS OF JESUS ...CONCERNING PETER WAS...
Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan:
thou art an offence unto me:
for thou savourest not the things that be of God,
but those that be of men.....
~~~
Mat_26:34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Mat_26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.
~~~
JESUS SAID...
Luk_22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
THE HEAVENLY FATHER HAD TO REMIND PETER WHOM JESUS WAS/IS...
Luk 9:32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.
Luk 9:33 And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.
Luk 9:34 While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.
Luk 9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
~~~
JESUS HERE HAD TO REMIND PETER TO "FEED HIS SHEEP.."
Joh_21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
Joh_21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
Joh_21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
___
THE APOSTLE PAUL WITHSTOOD PETER

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed...

Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

Gal 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Oregonducks 983,501
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min curtjester1 46,267
LaVar Ball is a POS(sherbert?)Bigot 2 min Doctor REALITY 2
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Good Bob 18,316
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 min USA-1 39,248
What do Colin Kaepernick and O.J. Simpson have ... 17 min Doctor REALITY 2
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 2 hr Doctor REALITY 6
More from around the web