Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,316
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438910 May 8, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
So, those who are NOT ignorant of the Gospels but who pay no allegiance to the pope have no hope of salvation?
That would be all of those here who never attend mass.
Here's the operative for your question, I believe:

"Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it."

I don't know if that describes you or not.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438911 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is OF God, yes, but the Pope does not speak for God.
Then who does he speak for ... himself?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438912 May 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.("That ye may be healed" speaks of a physical healing of an illness....sins are forgiven...not healed)
This is not teaching confessing our sins to God, as we are taught from Scripture, and asking forgiveness for our sins in the name of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It is teaching when a wrong, or wrongs, have occurred, reconciliation must be attempted.
Quote: Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
Now, according to Ox, James 5:16 is a proscription for faith healing.

Whew. Jethro's beginning to look like St. Augustine now.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438913 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For the Church.

Never for himself.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438914 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
God is in Heaven. We in the Church are here. The Pope ministers to us here.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438915 May 8, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
So who judges which "Early Father" is legitimate and which isn't?
You say their writings are equal with scripture.
Ferraris isn't an "early Father".
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#438916 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is OF God, yes, but the Pope does not speak for God.
BECAUSE HE IS GOD.

“We [the Popes] hold upon this earth the place of GOD Almighty.”— Pope Leo XIII, The Great Encyclical Letters of Pope Leo XIII, page 304.

“The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, but he is Jesus Christ, Himself, hidden under the veil of human flesh.”— Catholic National, July 1895.

“The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth.”— Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218,“Cities Petrus Bertanous.”

"Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth." Christopher Marcellus in Oration addressing Pope Julius II, in Fifth Lateran Council, Session IV (1512), Council Edition. Colm. Agrip. 1618,(Sacrorum Conciliorum, J.D. Mansi (ed.), Vol. 32, col. 761),(also quoted in History of the Councils, vol. XIV, col 109, by Labbe and Cossart).

Prince George, Canada

#438917 May 8, 2013
To use the bible as a reference to what a god does and does not ordain, is to put the self up on the level of a god.

There is NO getting around that.

When you believe you see absolute truth in those words, and then preach at others, you have some nerve in deed!

To claim to know the mind of a god is vanity in the extreme ... especially as there is not one shred of proof except for what men wrote in books ... that the gods and/or goddesses exist.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#438918 May 8, 2013
Pope claims to be God on Earth

"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth."

Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous".

Prince George, Canada

#438919 May 8, 2013
TALK
TALK
TALK

By Jay Ingram … first published 1992 … an investigation into the mystery of speech …

The evolution of language is harder to study than the evolution of humans or any other living things. There are no fossil bones, no vestigial organs, and no relict species (like the cockroach or the lungfish): all modern languages are equally complex.* There is only the evidence that language comes from out brains, the assumption that our brains have been shaped by evolution, and the fact that there must have been a time when our ancestors—and their brains—didn’t have language. But how did it get there? We can only guess.

Prince George, Canada

#438920 May 8, 2013
TALK
TALK
TALK

By Jay Ingram … first published 1992 … an investigation into the mystery of speech …

Even the believers admit it’s a tricky business, because if you are trying to re-create prot-World, your starting materials are languages which themselves have been reconstructed. There’s no firm ground to stand on, and you are reduced to comparing lists of words you think were part of languages thousands of years old in order to uncover the even more ancient ancestors of those words: and none of the words on the lists you’re starting with are written anywhere, even in the oldest available stone tablets.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438921 May 8, 2013
even atheist doctors say .don't keep within yourself talk with someone=confess yourself..find then where is mistake who have religion and not have any religion..many technical move exist see Thailand..they also practice movement relax vibration and movement.
Please tell me
Why yellow rice more discipline then others?
Why nobody destroy them over 6000 years?
truth

Perth, Australia

#438922 May 8, 2013
As well you not tell me mining about bell ding dong.
You not tell me even foreigner tribe in Africa as well others parts of world have over ear bell..many many religion have bell.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#438923 May 8, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Pope claims to be God on Earth
"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth."
Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous".
"Anti-Catholic Lies and Deceitful Propaganda: Did Pope St. Pius V Claim to be God? Did a Bishop Say Venerable Pope John Paul II Was God?"
http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2011/02/anti-c...

Why do you believe that Jesus and the Archangel Michael are one and the same?

Why do you worship Ellen White?

Why are you trolling the internet for anti-Catholic garbage and feeding off it?

truth

Perth, Australia

#438924 May 8, 2013
I am as i am i will be some never change..nobody reject or except..i just listen..be close to him..try his Cross..suffering..o its hard..yes it is hard..did someone say something..they shouting put him or her on cross this or that.

Did they done yes it is ..did they judge yes it is then..did they become rich because of that more holy more powerful i don't think so.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438925 May 8, 2013
If i need i will remove entire earth much more..
Who say that?
not me..
i just wrote..
that you know its something exist..
How you call that courage..outmind..evil power.. perfection..bubelling=cmock..s in..error..or what..poor prophets..

you not tell me who bring me.. light..they liked died but can't ..open wounds.
by
truth

Perth, Australia

#438926 May 8, 2013
you not tell me

Why this planet looks as child marble?

Are you for sure i did not see very well?

Did you know about system micro and macro?

Prince George, Canada

#438927 May 8, 2013
If I believed that a creator was real, I wouldn't be so brazen as to claim to know what the creator had in "mind."

After all ... what if I got it all wrong?

What then?
truth

Perth, Australia

#438928 May 8, 2013
then
How you call God bigger then us?
its wing and going up up up up eye eye up to eyeeeeeee
then about what
dear God
forgive them
Where i been?..must be free ticket..nobody pay anything!

Prince George, Canada

#438929 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
For the Church.
Never for himself.
Never for himself, and never on behalf of a god. So who is giving the pope information to pass along to the followers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min pusherman_ 777,734
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min mike 605,303
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 47 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min onemale 265,403
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 59 min RiccardoFire 37,842
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 96,845
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr Al Capone 5,151
More from around the web