Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,148)

Showing posts 422,941 - 422,960 of511,727
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

who="chuck"
So other christians can pray for you...praying for you, not forgiving your sins.

Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

The 'forgiver' takes the loss himself. If another than the wounded one 'forgives' the offender, he takes it on himself to be responsible for the loss.

KM
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I be frantically doing anything?? I understnad catholics Danny. You were in the same situation as I. Baptized as an infant...either of us remember that and were taught at a very young age catholic doctrine and no other. How in the world would you change your mind when you've been taught only one doctrine. I feel sorry for you really.
No need to be sorry.

I restated my baptismal vows at my Confirmation.

I know why I'm Catholic and I want to be here.

BTW, I was taught about other religion's doctrines in high school. I'm not operating in a vacuum here.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

I just watched a program on the serial killer Carl Eugene Watts who before being apprehended, might have murdered as many as eighty young women.

He quoted scriptures from the bible in the belief that women were evil harlots and that by killing them he was cleansing their beings in preparation for the acceptance into the pure realm of eternal bliss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Eugene_Watt...
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes--so their eyes cannot see, and their ears cannot hear, and their hearts cannot understand,

and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them.'
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You can confess your sins all you want to whoever,and if you do not have the grace to live righteously in Christ,those confessions become useless.
I went to confession a lot before I left the RCC,and no priest ever gave me the information I needed to allow the Spirit of Christ to not only forgive,but to also empower me to walk in the truth,and live morally.Most of the priests asked me how many times I did it,and then proceeded to tell me to make an act of contrition.I was a very troubled child,my father and brother mentally abused me,and often beat me,no priest ever gave me hope,nor told me about the saving grace of Christ,or the spiritual benefits of being born again.
Now today most assuredly the evangelical face of many RCs is coming out,and you will find priests who really know how to minister to a soul.Confession is differnt these days I hear.But it is the same church,spirit-baptized priests,and priests who lean toward evangelical practices are numerous in your church these days,so there is hope for the many who need to hear the clear and true gospel of repentance,but also what Christ will do to help you live a purer life.
But when I was in Catholicism,it was by rote,repititious,and very cold,no spiritual advice,but to just go pray rosaries to Mary,make a good act of contrition,be a good Catholic,the LAW<LAW<LAW,no teaching on grace, nothing about the Holy Spirit and why He came to be our comforter,I had to learn all of that with Evangelicals and Charismatics.
Well sufficient unto the day,we learn,and we walk,but the truth is in Christ.I marvel at that Journey Home,how every convert found Christ in their evangelical churches,oh but that is not enough,they need to find Christ in fullness.In a church emmersed in statuary,repititious hail Marys,saying that Christ is present in a round host? Did Jesus not give us bread,and wine,He broke the bread,and gave it to His disciples.He was not even Crucified yet,nor died under its weight,and you claim it is transubstantiation at the Last Supper? Sorry,it was spiritual!
Just like John 6.Really a chapter on the Eucharist? NO, never do the priests discuss the chapter in light of who the audience was,and what Jesus was facing,nor the Levitical aspects of ritual life that all of the audience Jesus held captive that day knew personally of(levitical).
Jesus was prophesing of His own death,of the very fact that without saying it literally,HE was the LAMB of GOD to be slain soon in their midst.The Jews knew about the lamb,they knew about the priests and how they ate the remains of the sacrifice,yet the Catholics believe Jesus was talking about transubstantiation,when He was foretelling of His becoming the very Lamb to the slaughter,and that unless His people EAT of His flesh and drink of His Blood,they would not be saved.
The very fact that He was that L a m b,to the slaughter as it were,for the salvation of Israel and all of humanity, should place what Jesus taught to His audience in John 6 to the circumstances of that time when Jesus was crucified for the sins of humanity.Jesus spoke graphically about His own body,and blood,which was broken and shed for the sins of many.Literally the whole of humanity must partake of His body,but it is a spiritual reality.
The audience in John 6 were all Jews,some disciples,and some members of the Sanhedrin,and the Pharisees.Oh that was a shock to their systems,it seemed as though He was talking about cannabalism,but the truth is He was prophesying.Jesus is a Prophet,Priest and KING! He saw it all before His own eyes,the crucifixion,His body being torn by the brutal scourging,the Lamb of God.
The first Christians had a much differnt take on John 6 than you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does the author of this book not reveal his name?
According to him, he was terrified that he would be penalized by the members of the hierarchy for exposing their secrets that they wanted to keep "under cover."

I suggest you keep in mind that the hierarchy of the Catholic church back then was another term for "mafia."

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
again I am glad that God has big shoulders,
According to the Muslims he is VERY impressive. But then, he only favors Muslims ... so he's "no good to you."

:)
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to be sorry.
I restated my baptismal vows at my Confirmation.
I know why I'm Catholic and I want to be here.
BTW, I was taught about other religion's doctrines in high school. I'm not operating in a vacuum here.
I was taught other religions too...so what. We were taught that the catholic church is the only one that teaches the truth.

I know why you're catholic too. Just like I said, you were taught at a young age there is only one truth...the catholic church. Deny this all you want...it's fact. If you are convinced of that...which you are...why would you not want to be there.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why Latin is the language of the Church. Latin is a "dead" language in that meanings of words don't morph over time.
Words all morph in the minds of believers to suit personalized desires.

That's why you kiddies don't agree on the meanings of the same scriptures. You only see it your own way ... and no other way. And then you preach to anyone and everyone that you know the one and only truth.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion, June, as it is just that....opinion and nothing more.
As is yours.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

MUSLIM HERITAGE IN America :

Have you ever been to a Muslim hospital, heard a

Muslim orchestra, seen a Muslim band march in a

parade, witnessed a Muslim charity, shaken hands

with a Muslim Girl Scout, seen a Muslim Candy

Striper, or seen a Muslim do anything that contributes

positively to the American way of life ????

The answer is no, you did not. Just ask yourself WHY ?

Barack Obama, during his Cairo speech, said:
"I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of

America 's history."

AN AMERICAN CITIZEN'S RESPONSE:

Dear Mr. Obama:

Were those Muslims that were in America when the Pilgrims first landed? Funny, I thought they were Native American Indians.

Were those Muslims that celebrated the first Thanksgiving day? Sorry again, those were Pilgrims and Native American Indians.

Can you show me one Muslim signature on the United States Constitution?

Declaration of Independence ? Bill of Rights?

Didn't think so.

Did Muslims fight for this country's freedom from England? No.

Did Muslims fight during the Civil War to free the slaves in America ? No, they did not. In fact, Muslims to this day are still the largest traffickers in human slavery. Your own half-brother, a devout Muslim, still advocates slavery himself, even though Muslims of Arabic descent refer to black Muslims as "pug nosed slaves." Says a lot of what the Muslim world really thinks of your family's "rich Islamic heritage," doesn't it Mr. Obama?

Where were Muslims during the Civil Rights era of this country? Not present.

There are no pictures or media accounts of Muslims walking side by side with Martin Luther King, Jr. or
helping to advance the cause of Civil Rights.

Where were Muslims during this country's Woman's Suffrage era? Again, not present. In fact, devout Muslims demand that women are subservient to men in the Islamic culture. So much so, that often they are beaten for not wearing the 'hajib' or for talking to a man who is not a direct family member or their husband. Yep, the Muslims are all for women's rights, aren't they?

Where were Muslims during World War II? They were aligned with Adolf Hitler. The Muslim grand mufti himself met with Adolf Hitler, reviewed the troops, and accepted support from the Nazi's in killing Jews.

Finally, Mr. Obama, where were Muslims on Sept. 11th, 2001? If they weren't flying planes into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, or a field in Pennsylvania killing more than 3,000 citizens on our own soil, they were rejoicing in the Middle East.

No one can dispute the pictures shown from all parts of the Muslim world celebrating on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and other cable news network’s that day. Strangely, the very "moderate" Muslims who's butts you bent over backwards to kiss in Cairo, Egypt on June 4th were stone cold silent post 9-11. To many Americans, their silence has meant approval for the acts of that day.

And THAT, Mr. Obama, is the "rich heritage" Muslims have here in America.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention the Barbary Pirates.
They were Muslim.

And let's not forget who was responsible for the Boston Marathon bombings - Yep -Muslims.

That, Mr. Obama is the "Muslim heritage" in America.

EVERY AMERICAN MUST READ THIS !!

Be sure to SEND IT TO ALL.

Muslim Heritage, my foot. If you can't find time to share this message, consider yourself part of the problem!

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You can confess your sins all you want to whoever,and if you do not have the grace to live righteously in Christ,those confessions become useless.
I went to confession a lot before I left the RCC,and no priest ever gave me the information I needed to allow the Spirit of Christ to not only forgive,but to also empower me to walk in the truth,and live morally.Most of the priests asked me how many times I did it,and then proceeded to tell me to make an act of contrition.I was a very troubled child,my father and brother mentally abused me,and often beat me,no priest ever gave me hope,nor told me about the saving grace of Christ,or the spiritual benefits of being born again.
Now today most assuredly the evangelical face of many RCs is coming out,and you will find priests who really know how to minister to a soul.Confession is differnt these days I hear.But it is the same church,spirit-baptized priests,and priests who lean toward evangelical practices are numerous in your church these days,so there is hope for the many who need to hear the clear and true gospel of repentance,but also what Christ will do to help you live a purer life.
<snipped for space>
Just like John 6.Really a chapter on the Eucharist? NO, never do the priests discuss the chapter in light of who the audience was,and what Jesus was facing,nor the Levitical aspects of ritual life that all of the audience Jesus held captive that day knew personally of(levitical).
Jesus was prophesing of His own death,of the very fact that without saying it literally,HE was the LAMB of GOD to be slain soon in their midst.The Jews knew about the lamb,they knew about the priests and how they ate the remains of the sacrifice,yet the Catholics believe Jesus was talking about transubstantiation,when He was foretelling of His becoming the very Lamb to the slaughter,and that unless His people EAT of His flesh and drink of His Blood,they would not be saved.
The very fact that He was that L a m b,to the slaughter as it were,for the salvation of Israel and all of humanity, should place what Jesus taught to His audience in John 6 to the circumstances of that time when Jesus was crucified for the sins of humanity.Jesus spoke graphically about His own body,and blood,which was broken and shed for the sins of many.Literally the whole of humanity must partake of His body,but it is a spiritual reality.
The audience in John 6 were all Jews,some disciples,and some members of the Sanhedrin,and the Pharisees.Oh that was a shock to their systems,it seemed as though He was talking about cannabalism,but the truth is He was prophesying.Jesus is a Prophet,Priest and KING! He saw it all before His own eyes,the crucifixion,His body being torn by the brutal scourging,the Lamb of God.
It is very sad that you didn't learn more about the Catholic Faith before abandoning it.
Thanks for your very frank post here, but I am having a real hard time believing you listened to X amount of sermons and never once heard anything about the Holy Spirit and grace.
How old were you when you abandoned ship?
Can you really make this claim in all honesty:
"NO, never do the priests discuss the chapter in light of who the audience was,and what Jesus was facing,nor the Levitical aspects of ritual life that all of the audience Jesus held captive that day knew personally of(levitical)."
Oh and speaking of considering things in light of the time,
There was, and still is, a metaphorical meaning in the middle east of "eating one's flesh and drinking their blood."
That would mean to revile, hate, and cause great harm to someone.
So since you believe Jesus spoke metaphorically as recorded in John 6, you must then believe that Jesus promised heaven to those who hated Him, persecuted Him, and caused Him great harm.
So atheists must be the only ones to go to heaven?
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your inability or unwillingness to make a sincere Act of Contrition somehow vitiates Confession?
I understand that evangelical Protestantism is "all about me", but aren't you taking it a bit far here?
We all have our flaws and sins DAN! If today in evangelicalism it is Me centered,it can be no worse than the lack of individual training of the truth of Scripture to your Billion or so Catholics,leaving many more in the forest of despair,than if they just sat down and read the Bible for themselves.You have enough rules and regulation and how to hold this and that,than the JEWS had in their Pharisaical confines.

Dan,the real problem in this debate is the fact that we do not see Jesus in each other at all.NO,and it begins with the RCC,because it claims it is the only true and Apostolic Church of our Lord.

Evangelicalism may have surfaced big time out of Protestantism,but it always existed,from day one.Jesus called His disciples to evangelize,call people to repentance,and to be born again of His Spirit.Later the Apostles themselves were baptized in the Holy Spirit,after receiving the Spirit of Christ as He breathed on them.This was not only for the Apostles,but meant for every believer,as none of us in our own selves are able to walk in the Light without the Spirit of God.

I thank God for the Bible,because in it we have the wherwithall to know,trust,obey,and walk with Jesus.It does not give solo respect to one particular brand of Christianity,but it shows us all how to live and keep our being in Christ.No matter how one follows his or her conscience in faith,the Bible sets us all on a course to first give ourselves in truth to JESUS,than He through the Word gives us more revelation about His Father.The Holy Spirit did not come into this world to give all of what He knows to a earthly Holy Father(pope),but that we should know HIM the Comforter, personally so that He can reveal the Greatness and beauty of the Crucified and Risen Savior.

I am not against your organization as to its trying to herald and evangelize people toward the Holy Savior,but I am against its wrecklessness in the ages,and now to trample on what christ has done in many believers,by stating that we are separated brethren,and that we are not in fullness,and outside of the true church.There is much to be said for that type of critical abuse between the various expressions of Christianity.

On the other hand I do recognize the banter against RCism by many non-Catholic Christians,and have said through the years they are wrong to use excessive daming rhetoric against the RCs as well.

We are all in jeapordy before the Lord Jesus,as He called us to LOVE one another.

And your statement (it is all about me) is a Catholic ploy,as if they are not wreckless at times,and bringing havoc rather than sensible truth.Sensible truth is the conversion of a sinner to Christ,He changes us,not we ourselves.Spiritual life can only be expressed through the Spirit of God.Human effort with canons,laws,rituals,and intermediaries cannot replace the Spirit of the Living God.So it is about HIM changing us,not a n organization as you are in,which claims it does such,when in truth it has not proved to anyone.Your church uses saints of bygone days to try to immobilize holiness in Catholics,yet,you mock protestants who have been able to walk in morality and truth for decades by using the Word of God,praying,and seeking God in secret,Who will openly bless His people.

It is all about your system Dan,not you,nor me,or anyone,not even the Bible.

Roman Catholicism.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion, June, as it is just that....opinion and nothing more.
I suggest you keep in mind that my father was raised by strict Catholic parents. The final straw for him leaving the church was when a priest informed him that those who were not of the Catholic faith would burn in hell.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

The law appointed high priests who were limited by human weakness. But after the law was given, God appointed his Son with an oath, and his Son has been made the perfect High Priest forever.

Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven,

There he ministers in the heavenly Tabernacle, the true place of worship that was built by the Lord and not by human hands.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was taught other religions too...so what. We were taught that the catholic church is the only one that teaches the truth.
I know why you're catholic too. Just like I said, you were taught at a young age there is only one truth...the catholic church. Deny this all you want...it's fact. If you are convinced of that...which you are...why would you not want to be there.
So...you're finding fault with me for believing in Catholic teaching? I'm nearly 50 and an educated man; I've had ample opportunity for introspection concerning this and have arrived at my current beliefs of my own free will.

I know what I believe and I know why I believe it and why the Church teaches what she teaches.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
God
The Bible says to confess our sins to one another.

Does that verse not apply to you?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes--so their eyes cannot see, and their ears cannot hear, and their hearts cannot understand,
and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them.'
You people sure like to sling the bull by using the scriptures for self indulgence and self entertainment.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Father Rob said he was leaving this forum. Anthony/ReginaM. said if Father Rob goes we go too. Father Robert Dye doesn't leave but Anthony/ReginaM. go.

Later on Anthony/ReginaM. come back to this forum just as I predicted in one of my prophecies. When they came back Father Rob left.

Whats your next move Anthony/ReginaM?(lol)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST

If priests are not paid for confession, they are fully rewarded in the confession of dying persons. The bed of the sick is the harvest of the priests. With their invention of indulgences, purgatory, masses, they obtain whatever they wish. Some years their extractions were so exorbitant and heavy that the French government prohibited, by a change in the code, donations made to the confessor in the last sickness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 422,941 - 422,960 of511,727
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

554 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Divinity Surgeon 679,436
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min -USA-1 109,386
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 9 min -USA-1 37,813
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Ar aR 216,391
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 26 min Harrison Freebird 52,449
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Dr_Zorderz 250,282
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 3,306
teen snapchat nudes 1 hr casher_98 105
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr Jturner4643 217