Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,431
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
marge

Ames, IA

#438748 May 8, 2013
Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:

“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,

but a body you prepared for me;

6with burnt offerings and sin offerings

you were not pleased.

7Then I said,‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—

I have come to do your will, my God.’ 

8First he said,“Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9Then he said,“Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

15The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16“This is the covenant I will make with them

after that time, says the Lord.

I will put my laws in their hearts,

and I will write them on their minds.”

17Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts

I will remember no more.”

18And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438749 May 8, 2013
could you imagen that poor mental people build every laboratory on this planet..

not

its for destruction of human life from smart someone which always say who can oppose us..

Who is real?
Our Creator is very special.
His law is not corupt law like corupt people try express themself.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#438750 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
A self-righteous Catholic on another thread stated that I had killed both my daughters.
She was angry at me for daring to study and post on my beliefs of what the Catholic church meant and means to me.
I understood from where she came. She was taught to defend her cult, as are most all others in their cults.
It's the way the theologians kept everyone divided and fighting among each other.
sorry to hear you were assaulted like that,totally uncalled for,funny how the meanest people in the world are religious,where as i and most likely you also do not resort to violent assaults like that. i do confess i get upset now and then,when someone accuses you of being something your not,other wise i don't get upset if someone disagrees with me,all i ask is prove me wrong in historical facts,not man made B.S. that the catholic church slings.And it does.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438751 May 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if your referring to confessing to a friend that's one thing but confessing to a religious person is a waist of time,that is what 1 timothy 2:5 is saying,you can only confess to god through jesus.
So, Timothy supercedes James?

James is to be torn out of one's Bible, yes?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438752 May 8, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church teaches that, yes.
And the Church also teaches that God works through people to minister His graces.
That is a hard concept, I know, when the "It's me-n-Jesus" thing has been so overly emphasized.
The conundrum is that the folks pushing the "me-n-Jesus" thing the hardest? Ministers.

The "me-n-Jesus" crowd never wonders why a minister or preacher isn't an inherent redundancy.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438753 May 8, 2013
your law is not my law
victims all around world know its simple like that since Adam and Eva
truth

Perth, Australia

#438754 May 8, 2013
i been born without money i will died without money

money is evil corupt inventor to control system of humanity..how we all know war upon war evil upon evil still going

don't cry because of money only who is full of greed jealous and so on declare on evil way they are god in reality they are nobody and nothing not at all
byyyyyyyy

usa

#438755 May 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians and others tell everyone these places heaven/hell exist, but not one of them can tell you where they are or how you are suppose to get there..........but they are all going!!(lol)
Its all baloney.......whatever happens to Anthony, Regina M. Claypool, Hojo, Catholic mom happens to you and me and everyone else.
Its how the church controls peoples minds. Believe in us and we will take care of you.(lol)
they don't care about you,only the gods you carry in your wallet.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#438756 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The conundrum is that the folks pushing the "me-n-Jesus" thing the hardest? Ministers.
The "me-n-Jesus" crowd never wonders why a minister or preacher isn't an inherent redundancy.
Exactly. Just me-n-Jesus in the Garden strollin along bein pals.

usa

#438757 May 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians and others tell everyone these places heaven/hell exist, but not one of them can tell you where they are or how you are suppose to get there..........but they are all going!!(lol)
Its all baloney.......whatever happens to Anthony, Regina M. Claypool, Hojo, Catholic mom happens to you and me and everyone else.
Its how the church controls peoples minds. Believe in us and we will take care of you.(lol)
and lets look at the story off the great tower of babel,considering the size it allegedly was there should be remnants of the tower,where is it?
truth

Perth, Australia

#438758 May 8, 2013
you don't need please evil people not at all

50% woman suffer since Adam and Eva evil corupt system is some children suffers with mother too..

who will confirm that evil people
no
Pride of man is zero in real Creator eyes.

pride is sin and will be until total destruction of this planet..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438759 May 8, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Just me-n-Jesus in the Garden strollin along bein pals.
Yeah.

Andy.

"Andy walks with me, Andy talks with me...."

I especially enjoy their notion of Christ Almighty situated as some schoolboy suitor, knocking on the door of your heart until you let Him in.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438760 May 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>and lets look at the story off the great tower of babel,considering the size it allegedly was there should be remnants of the tower,where is it?
In Canada.
marge

Ames, IA

#438761 May 8, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Church also teaches that God works through people to minister His graces.
That is a hard concept, I know, when the "It's me-n-Jesus" thing has been so overly emphasized.
No, I know what your talking about, we went to couples theropy, we confessed many sins and received much healing through prayer.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#438762 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
A self-righteous Catholic on another thread stated that I had killed both my daughters.
She was angry at me for daring to study and post on my beliefs of what the Catholic church meant and means to me.
I understood from where she came. She was taught to defend her cult, as are most all others in their cults.
It's the way the theologians kept everyone divided and fighting among each other.
Did you lose two daughters? That's terrible. How did they die?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#438763 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
In Canada.
LOL!!!
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438764 May 8, 2013
There are many, many religions in the world, no doubt about it.
But there is only one God ,one faith, one baptism,
Its comes from the throne of God, not from mans thoughts.
Religions control people, from what the death of Jesus on the cross freed us from, "BONDAGE"
Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.
God gave us free will man has taken that away with their religious doctrines.

June you are believing what, what you have chosen to believe what man has made god out to be; not what God or who God real is.
Your hate of Him is very clear, I am sorry about your daughter June, or what the catholic church or other religious denominations have done, It wasn't God.
Why do you keep blaming a person who you don't believe in.
Your argument is stupid, what do you care if a person believes in God or not.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#438765 May 8, 2013
just Sayin wrote:

God works through people to bring others to HIMSELF, not to THEMSELVES, or their particular group.

KayMarie

usa

#438766 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
St. James was "wrong".
Here's the line attributed to St. James:
16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.
What now, jethro?
which version is the correct one. continued to next post.

usa

#438767 May 8, 2013
New International Version (©2011)
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
New Living Translation (©2007)
Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The urgent request of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect.

International Standard Version (©2012)
Therefore, make it your habit to confess your sins to one another and to pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

NET Bible (©2006)
So confess your sins to one another and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great effectiveness.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
But be confessing your offenses one to another, and pray one for another to be healed, for the power of the prayer which a righteous person prays is great.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
So admit your sins to each other, and pray for each other so that you will be healed. Prayers offered by those who have God's approval are effective.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

American King James Version
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

American Standard Version
Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous man availeth much in its working.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just man availeth much.

Darby Bible Translation
Confess therefore your offences to one another, and pray for one another, that ye may be healed. The fervent supplication of the righteous man has much power.

English Revised Version
Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous man availeth much in its working.

Webster's Bible Translation
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of the righteous man availeth much.

Weymouth New Testament
Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be cured. The heartfelt supplication of a righteous man exerts a mighty influence.

World English Bible
Confess your offenses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The insistent prayer of a righteous person is powerfully effective.

Young's Literal Translation
Be confessing to one another the trespasses, and be praying for one another, that ye may be healed; very strong is a working supplication of a righteous man;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 3 min His Eminency dr S... 33,131
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min River Tam 763,113
I wish homosexuals never existed...... 8 min Rosa_Winkel 43
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min His Eminency dr S... 603,493
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min WildWeirdWillie 174,950
Last Word + 2 12 min Richies Cool Man ... 937
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 21 min Rosa_Winkel 441,607
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr RADEKT 263,305
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 5 hr sahil dubai 132

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE