Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678811 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438929 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
For the Church.
Never for himself.
Never for himself, and never on behalf of a god. So who is giving the pope information to pass along to the followers.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438930 May 8, 2013
???
truth

Perth, Australia

#438931 May 8, 2013
then
Why they used me?
poor me which instrument in which hand i been..oh..i am still alive
who lift me up over fire..could you imagen not put me in..i did not burn..no..not even hot..poor me..
Are you for sure is that very bad dream?
truth

Perth, Australia

#438932 May 8, 2013
All of them frozen that body..did i walk there..o they are not alive..then how i walk alive..who bring me there..no i don't be scare..why should be..no because me its concern who protect me..no i don't see any money nobody give nothing as ticket no.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#438933 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stuck on this for some reason.
The priest has been given the authority to absolve sin (See Matt. 16:19). He does so in Gods' name. He does not do so under his own personal authority, rather his ministerial authority conferred by Christ.
No minister of the Gospel would say they have the authority to absolve sin, you been deceived buddy.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#438934 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, according to Ox, James 5:16 is a proscription for faith healing.
Whew. Jethro's beginning to look like St. Augustine now.
If you see anything in my post that is a proscription to faith healing, you need to slack off of the Jim Beam.....
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#438935 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the full prayer of absolution:
“God the Father of mercies, through the death and resurrection of His Son, has reconciled the world to Himself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins; Through the ministry of the church, may God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.”
The entire Holy Trinity is mentioned. Twice.
Negative. There,s no absolution without repentance from the heart. This is only granted by God alone.
A regular every day sinner has no power to force forgiveness on anyone against the will of the Father.
Liberals have that illogical mindset too.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#438936 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
God is in Heaven. We in the Church are here. The Pope ministers to us here.
God is jealous over you Dan, He wants you to go to Him alone.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#438937 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the operative for your question, I believe:
"Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it."
I don't know if that describes you or not.
well i refuse to enter it because I know it's false, you left out that reason:)
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#438938 May 8, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
God is jealous over you Dan, He wants you to go to Him alone.
He won't. Matt 6:24
marge

Leesburg, GA

#438939 May 8, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative. There,s no absolution without repentance from the heart. This is only granted by God alone.
A regular every day sinner has no power to force forgiveness on anyone against the will of the Father.
Liberals have that illogical mindset too.
And when it's granted then one is Saved.

The Spirit gives life and conforms us.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#438940 May 8, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't. Matt 6:24
nothing is impossible with God:)
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#438942 May 8, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing is impossible with God:)
Yes, but he is away from him. His god is the pope and the rituals of his church. He would have to deny what he believes to be the truth.
All things are possible with people in Christ, not just anyone.
Love you sis...
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#438943 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stuck on this for some reason.
The priest has been given the authority to absolve sin (See Matt. 16:19). He does so in Gods' name. He does not do so under his own personal authority, rather his ministerial authority conferred by Christ.
Math 16 :19 says nothing about a priest.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#438944 May 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"I was a Catholic until I read my bible" is without question the silliest statement these phonies make. I wonder how good ole Gene is doing.
Correction: The reality is "The more I read my bible, the more Catholic I became!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#438945 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
While the Catholics were slaughtering Jews, they were teaching their followers that Jesus the Jew was forgiving sin s in the Catholic confessionals.
If you don't see something very wrong with that picture ... YOU SHOULD!!!
No Jean!! It is with your "distorted and perverted picture" that we (as Catholics) see something VERY wrong!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#438946 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I disagree will you have a tantrum?
:)
No!! Just continue to pray at Daily Mass for your misguided, condemning and confused heart, mind, and soul!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#438947 May 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No minister of the Gospel would say they have the authority to absolve sin, you been deceived buddy.
This is how frustrating it is dealing with you fanatics:
Dad said, "He does so in Gods name. He doe not do so under his own personal authority."

you said: "no minister of the Gospel would say they have the authority to absolve sin. You been deceived buddy."

The thing is, I think you know what you're doing. I think all of you born again fanatics do. At some point you're going to look Christ in the eye.

Catholic convert and former Pentecostal minister Alex Jones said this about that: "What was I supposed to do once i came face to face with truth? Say 'that's nice, but it'll cause me problems? How do I look at the loving savior, who suffered and died for my sins, and say no"?

You been shown truth and given countless chances Marge. Your blatant disregarded for truth by invoking ignorance will not wash your hands - no matter how many times you crank up the Christian music and wave your hands back and forth.
Clay

United States

#438948 May 9, 2013
.**. correction "Dan said" not 'Dad said'.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#438949 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If I believed that a creator was real, I wouldn't be so brazen as to claim to know what the creator had in "mind."
After all ... what if I got it all wrong?
What then?
June now that is were man is making their big mistake.

The bible says,
Isaiah 55: 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min RiversideRedneck 118,853
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 28 min RiversideRedneck 2,303
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 29 min Peter Ross 445,832
"Aaay?!! Do you think I have an odd-shaped HEAD... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
New World Order, One World Government 3 hr One Planet One Pe... 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,830
ladies have you ever cheated on your BF while h... (Sep '15) 9 hr Crazy night 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 hr May2017 NewsGlobal 982,133
More from around the web