Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,212
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
marge

Ames, IA

#438680 May 8, 2013
If we confess our sins, HE is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
marge

Ames, IA

#438681 May 8, 2013
Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD." And you forgave the guilt of my sin.
marge

Ames, IA

#438682 May 8, 2013
He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#438683 May 8, 2013
who="Dan"
Matt. 16:19
Christ conferred this authority to the Apostles. Catholics believe that apostolic authority has succeeded to the present via ordination.
Protestants do not believe this.

Jesus Christ taught the Apostles Himself. He still does it via the Holy Spirit.

When one follows HIM, he/she does not become a reprobate. And a reprobate IS NOT an apostle, no matter how many degrees he has.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#438684 May 8, 2013
marge wrote:
If we confess our sins, HE is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Why don't you confess your sins?

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#438685 May 8, 2013
If Jesus had to die for my sins, didn't he break the deal when he 'rose from the dead'? If I give you $5000 as a 'sacrifice', but take it back in three days, I haven't sacrificed shit and you haven't gained shit.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438686 May 8, 2013
I been half nun to my youngest brother we are just 6-7 years deference..i watch my poor mother,,she sleep off on floor..nobody around her..my mother my mother i love her very much..no any help no any nun no any money..nothing at all..only me..i watching hopeless mother in pain..i save her and my youngest brother..o jamerika is been chamerika for us..i don't know why this people complain about materialistic possession money another worthy things..my mum dying i return myself trough street to another woman's..my mum dying..i remember i been blue i like cry but can't its been modern then trauma in my life..but i win..i save my mother and my brother..no any hospital close not any law which protect us or give any rights for us.
Thanks to real creator that we fill in our life goodness toward us which we never have in our hardship where everybody point finger you are wrong.

#438687 May 8, 2013
who="Dan"
"create your own, and attempt to manipulate
God, and make his word conform to theirs."
Mrs. GIF just described Protestantism.

Mrs. GIF didn't say that. I can't speak for every Protestant...there are a few unusual ones...but CC's have developed their own 'plan'.

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438688 May 8, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
the catholics were saying they go to a earthly priest for the forgiveness of sins and healing instead of our high priest Jesus who is in heaven.
You misunderstand.

The priest absolves the sinner in Christ's name, not his own.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#438689 May 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
I go to confession, and I don't get penance of the type that is described in your excerpt.
Times change, June.
Jesus Christ, the SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER...
KayMarie
The form of penance, the subject of my statement, doesn't share Christ's immutable qualities. It can and does change.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438690 May 8, 2013
As tiny helper as tiny child we know for suffering modern then you think..but i love my people and my family i mist them i fill sorry why i come in this country.
Apostol Paul say;''nothing know who is not suffer..we become close to our Salvation with Jesus Christ who suffer for all of us.''
Trough suffering we bear Cross altogether with him.

#438691 May 8, 2013
who="OldJG" The Roman Catholic Church....read this carefully. Who do they declare as redeemer of the human race?
Sick and sad......
"As she suffered and almost died together with her suffering and dying Son, so she surrendered her mother's rights over her Son for the salvation of the human race. And to satisfy the justice of God she sacrificed her Son, as well as she could, so that it may justly be said that she together with Christ has redeemed the human race." Pope Benedict XV, in Inter Sodalicia, Apostolic Letter of March 22, 1918.
The Church Teaches, published by the Jesuit fathers of St. Mary's College, bears the Imprimi Potest, Nihil Obstat, and Imprimatur of the Catholic Church, pages 210-211.
Jesus replaced Himself with John as He was dying.
He said to her, "Woman, behold YOUR son," indicating John. The physical body that grew in Mary's womb was to be completely changed that day...into an immortal body that was not of the flesh...and had no flesh 'mother'.

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438692 May 8, 2013
who="Dan"
Matt. 16:19
Christ conferred this authority to the Apostles. Catholics believe that apostolic authority has succeeded to the present via ordination.
Protestants do not believe this.
Jesus Christ taught the Apostles Himself. He still does it via the Holy Spirit.
When one follows HIM, he/she does not become a reprobate. And a reprobate IS NOT an apostle, no matter how many degrees he has.
KayMarie
.....which doesn't respond to the ministerial authority issue on the table.

No followers of Christ are reprobate? News to us all, KM. I thought we were all sinners. Thanks for the update.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438693 May 8, 2013
who="Dan"
"create your own, and attempt to manipulate
God, and make his word conform to theirs."
Mrs. GIF just described Protestantism.
Mrs. GIF didn't say that. I can't speak for every Protestant...there are a few unusual ones...but CC's have developed their own 'plan'.
KayMarie
I took that line from your post.

Describes Protestantism all right. Every sect has a founder who's personal interpretation is declared "correct" by said founder. Conforming scripture to their own personal beliefs.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#438694 May 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
MUSLIM HERITAGE IN America :
Have you ever been to a Muslim hospital, heard aIslam has always been a part of
America 's history."
AN AMERICAN CITIZEN'S RESPONSE:
Dear Mr. Obama:
Were those Muslims that were in America when the Pilgrims first landed? Funny, I thought they were during the €™s that day. Strangely, the very "moderate" Muslims who's butts you bent over backwards to kiss in Cairo, Egypt on June 4th were stone cold silent post 9-11. To many Americans, their silence has meant approval for the acts of that day.
And THAT, Mr. Obama, is the "rich heritage" Muslims have here in America.
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention the Barbary Pirates.
They were Muslim.
And let's not forget who was responsible for the Boston Marathon bombings - Yep -Muslims.
That, Mr. Obama is the "Muslim heritage" in America.
EVERY AMERICAN MUST READ THIS !!
Be sure to SEND IT TO ALL.
Muslim Heritage, my foot. If you can't find time to share this message, consider yourself part of the problem!
There is no national religion in Canada or the USA even though you want to believe there is. Anyone from anywhere who becomes an american citizen is free to pray to or practice any belief or political party they want to.
There are thousands of Amish, Mennonite, Hutterite families that live in Canada/USA. They pretty well much keep to themselves too.
To single out a group because they don't see the world the way you do makes you a bigot.
We have several Islamic families who live in our neighborhood and they seem to be nice people.
Americans/Canadians said the same thing about Italians, Jews, Irish, Polish, German people when they first came to North America. How much we have learned from all of them.
Christians get all upset when they can't build churches in some Islamic countries, but on the same hand these same screaming americans don't want Muslim Mosques built in their neihborhoods.
We are all equal in this world. There are some extremists on all sides of religions.

100 years ago in america 98% of the population were christian. Today america embraces religions from all around the world and only 75% of americans now claim to be christian, and less than 1 out of 4 actually practices their faith.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#438695 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point on this line, chuck?
My whole life, people have told me the sky is blue. I checked for myself one day, and sure enough, it IS blue.
The Catholic Church claims that it is the Church Christ established in Scripture. I checked it out, and they're right. No other Church even attempts to deny it.
Lets take infant baptism. This is the verse used : But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children."

**if we use some common sense, we can say where in the world does Jesus mention baptism in the text...He doesn't.

**There is no recording of an infant being baptized in scripture and to say the word "household" supports it is laughable.

**many catholics like my dad believe in infant baptism. Why? because they were taught at a very young age as truth.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#438696 May 8, 2013
who="OldJG" The Roman Catholic Church....read this carefully. Who do they declare as redeemer of the human race?
Sick and sad......
"As she suffered and almost died together with her suffering and dying Son, so she surrendered her mother's rights over her Son for the salvation of the human race. And to satisfy the justice of God she sacrificed her Son, as well as she could, so that it may justly be said that she together with Christ has redeemed the human race." Pope Benedict XV, in Inter Sodalicia, Apostolic Letter of March 22, 1918.
The Church Teaches, published by the Jesuit fathers of St. Mary's College, bears the Imprimi Potest, Nihil Obstat, and Imprimatur of the Catholic Church, pages 210-211.
Jesus replaced Himself with John as He was dying.
He said to her, "Woman, behold YOUR son," indicating John. The physical body that grew in Mary's womb was to be completely changed that day...into an immortal body that was not of the flesh...and had no flesh 'mother'.
KayMarie
According to your bible a man named Jesus died because a small group of people were given a choice. Jesus or Barabas. 50/50....the crowd chose Jesus (as the story goes)

Nothing to do with dying for our sins. A crowd determined this mans fate because he pissed off his own religious leaders. Period.

If the crowd screamed Barabas instead, how would christianity have ever started? A tiny crowd determined who lived and who died. No one else.......(according to the bible)
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#438697 May 8, 2013
marge wrote:
Yes, as both priest and penitent act according to Jesus' will in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438698 May 8, 2013
The Richest Pastors In Brazil

Religion has always been a profitable business. And if you happen to be a Brazilian evangelical preacher, chances of hitting a heavenly jackpot are actually pretty high these days. Even though Brazil remains the world’s largest Catholic country, with about 123.2 million of its population of approximately 191 million defining themselves as followers of the Vatican-based church, the latest census figures pointed to a strong decline among the ranks of Roman Catholics, who now account for 64.6% of the country’s population–down from 92% in 1970.

Meanwhile, the number of Protestant evangelicals has soared from 15.4% of Brazil’s population just a decade ago to 22.2%, or 42.3 million people. It’s likely that the downward trend for Catholicism will continue and it’s estimated that by 2030, Catholics will represent less than 50% of Brazilian churchgoers.

So why are evangelicals taking over Brazil’s religious scene?

One of the evangelicals’ most appealing qualities is their belief that material progress results from God’s favor. While Catholicism still preaches a very conservative look to an afterlife instead of earthly riches, evangelicals–especially the ‘neo-Pentecostal’ ones–are taught that it’s all right to be prosperous. This doctrine, known as ‘Prosperity Theology,’ is in the foundation of the most successful evangelical churches in Brazil.

IN PHOTOS: The World’s Billionaires

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andersonantunes/2...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438699 May 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no national religion in Canada or the USA even though you want to believe there is. Anyone from anywhere who becomes an american citizen is free to pray to or practice any belief or political party they want to.
There are thousands of Amish, Mennonite, Hutterite families that live in Canada/USA. They pretty well much keep to themselves too.
To single out a group because they don't see the world the way you do makes you a bigot.
We have several Islamic families who live in our neighborhood and they seem to be nice people.
Americans/Canadians said the same thing about Italians, Jews, Irish, Polish, German people when they first came to North America. How much we have learned from all of them.
Christians get all upset when they can't build churches in some Islamic countries, but on the same hand these same screaming americans don't want Muslim Mosques built in their neihborhoods.
We are all equal in this world. There are some extremists on all sides of religions.
100 years ago in america 98% of the population were christian. Today america embraces religions from all around the world and only 75% of americans now claim to be christian, and less than 1 out of 4 actually practices their faith.
That's one ton of typing to rebut a point not made in LTM's paste up.

Although I have no illusions that LTM actually likes Muslims, the diatribe she posted was entirely accurate in giving the lie to the "rich Muslim heritage in America" comment made by the President.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min AussieBobby 261,585
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 42 min MUQ1 37,241
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 55 min nanoanomaly 749,788
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,410
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 602,100
Appjoy invite code (Apr '14) 1 hr Lady1089 101
Last Word + 2 1 hr andet1987 853
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 229,842
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 3 hr nikki 124

Top Stories People Search