Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
422,741 - 422,760 of 532,639 Comments Last updated 31 min ago
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
confess their sins to priests because priests are God's duly authorized agents in the world,
Priest presided under the Law....
We do not live under the Law..
WE LIVE UNDER GRACE....GRACE (THANK GOD) THAT IS NOT CONTROLLED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NOR IT'S MINIONS.
THE AUTHORITY OF THE CHURCH UNDER GRACE....IS THE MESSIAH ...
JESUS CHRIST GOD'S SON...
NO OTHER PERSON QUALIFIES.
THE MAN IN ROME ITALY.... CALLED THE POPE ..THAT HAS ATTEMPTED TO USURP THE POSITION OF THE HOLY GHOST ...DOES NOT QUALIFY...
HE IS JUST A CORRUPTIBLE MAN ATTEMPTING TO PLAY GOD...
I think you are just jealous that they didn't vote you to be Pope.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said to confess our sins to each other.
I would rather confess those really ugly ones to a priest who has been given the authority to forgive them and who is sworn to never tell another soul what I confessed. You can choose to confess yours to the check out girl at Walmart.
Jesus said to confess our sins to each other....yes but what does this have to do with a priest having authority to forgive sins?

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I go to confession, and I don't get penance of the type that is described in your excerpt.
Times change, June.
I already explained why the hierarchy is now lenient with the followers.

The law forbade them to kill and brutalize in the guise of supposed orders from a god.

The men of the hierarchy can no longer control the flock, as the flock has abortions, commits adultery, drinks, gambles, and does exactly as they please ... out in the open.

The men of the hierarchy always got away with those behaviors, and now it's the turn of those in the flock to flaunt their behaviors back to the hierarchy, who can do nothing but long for the good old days when they had ALL the power and the flock had NONE.

Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Were does the Bible teach us that preachers have the right to forgive sin. You need a remedial course maybe.
Matt. 16:19

Christ conferred this authority to the Apostles. Catholics believe that apostolic authority has succeeded to the present via ordination.

Protestants do not believe this.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is it? Catholics "blindly" follow the teachings of the Church, or Catholics take their Bibles and make up their own religions? Can't have it both ways.
How many protestant denominations are up to now? Approximately 41,000? Or is it one denomination for each protestant? That would be according to wikipedia about 7 million.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism_by...
"create your own, and attempt to manipulate
God, and make his word conform to theirs."

Mrs. GIF just described Protestantism.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really not running out a news flash when you relate that men can abuse positions of power.
Is this revelatory, or do you believe that the situation is limited to the religious?
All people abuse power, but those in religion abuse the power by claiming that a god ordains their behavior.

Religious wars by the scores.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ conferred this authority to the Apostles. Catholics believe that apostolic authority has succeeded to the present via ordination.
Protestants do not believe this.
Those scriptures are handy-men's tools.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
As a convert to the Catholic Faith, after 35 years as a "bible only Protestant, I have listened to anti-catholic "propagandists" like you June, who will "dig up" and "spew out" ANY sort of obscure and obsolete self-opinionated "garbage history" in order to keep your vengeance, hate and hostility (heated up) against Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.... You, June, are nothing but a (elderly frustrated)"front page atheist or agnostic editorialist "hack", that has nothing better to do than to condemn, attack and rip the TRUE FAITH of other Christians on this forum, especially Catholics....... For someone your age,one would have thought that (by this time) you would have attained some degree of "spiritual insight and wisdom" in your "chaotic and confused life--but it is quite that you obviously --HAVE NOT!.... Since the time of Jesus, The TRUTH, has, is and will continue to be and remain in and through Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True (historically and biblically PROVEN) Apostolic Catholic Church.......Atheists, agnostics, hypocrites and bigots have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET-----THE CHURCH LIVES ON!!!----and will CONTINUE to live on.
I would love to hear about your conversion story. I am a convert, too.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I already explained why the hierarchy is now lenient with the followers.
The law forbade them to kill and brutalize in the guise of supposed orders from a god.
The men of the hierarchy can no longer control the flock, as the flock has abortions, commits adultery, drinks, gambles, and does exactly as they please ... out in the open.
The men of the hierarchy always got away with those behaviors, and now it's the turn of those in the flock to flaunt their behaviors back to the hierarchy, who can do nothing but long for the good old days when they had ALL the power and the flock had NONE.
Had they "control of the flock" as you put it, there would have been no need for the harsh penances described.

Nice "explanation".
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All people abuse power, but those in religion abuse the power by claiming that a god ordains their behavior.
Religious wars by the scores.
Non-religious war is better? Abuse of power isn't so bad if not on God's name?

What's your point?

People are people. They'll seek to justify bad acts.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Well again if you want to find why they taught the people of the world were evil, it is because that is what the bible says as well.
The men that wrote the words in the bible perceivde their selves as holy and ONLY others as evil.

And you commit the same behavior when you USE the scriptures.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Another benefit of confessing to a priest is that one must take a closer look at their sinful nature
One cannot realize this from reading God's Word? You have to go to a priest to realize we have a sinful nature?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church....sad. Really sad.
Don Andrea Gallo, a religious LGBT advocate in Italy, has said a homosexual pope would be ‘wonderful’.
‘A homosexual pope would be a wonderful thing,’ he told Italy’s Radio 24.‘There is equality of the children of God. It is the essence of the Gospel, we are all sons and daughters of God.’
Gallo added:‘A homosexual priest should be free to express his or her identity and her sexuality, otherwise it represses and becomes pedophilia.’
In the interview, Gallo also revealed a bishop attempted to sexually assault him when he was a young priest.
When asked what he would do if he was pope, Gallo said he would send ‘all the priests away’ and preach Christianity on the street.
Gallo would also allow women to become priests, as he believes they are not inferior to men.
Last week, it was reported the recently retired Pope Benedict XVI would live with his private secretary Georg Gänswein – who is also rumored to be his secret boyfriend.
The choices for the next pope, however, all appear to be anti-gay.
Current favorite Ghanaian Cardinal Peter Turkson has defended ‘Kill The Gays’ laws, saying it is part of African culture.
Another favorite, the Archbishop of Milan Angelo Scola, has also condemned homosexuality, as well as abortion and feminism.
The Vatican has yet to announce when they will begin discussing who will be the next pope, but it is thought 11 March is a possible start date.
Don Andrea Gallo is not the Catholic Church.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I went from not believing in Insta-Heaven via the magical "sinner's prayer" and started reading the Bible.
Then, years later, someone pointed out to me that the Church Christ established had existed when He was ministering on earth and it still exists to this day. Since I believed Jesus spoke Truth, the only question was then: Which one is it?
And it went from there. The journey has been full of very pleasant and refreshing surprises.
So what is your faith/salvation based on?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said to confess our sins to each other....yes but what does this have to do with a priest having authority to forgive sins?

Catholics believe that apostolic authority has succeeded to the present via ordination.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those scriptures are handy-men's tools.
It explains a Catholic belief.

That was the question on the table.

You are free to not adhere to the belief.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>for a few bucks anyone can be saved. just ask the P/C church,they know all they see all.for a price of course.
The hair-flipping Ann Coulter brags of having the "fast-track" to heaven. Anyone who believes in Jesus has their sins wiped clean and are ready to go.

Simple and easy ... no need to go to a priest these days.

I do admire her tenacity. She out-smarted the pope, because she can do what she wants, and Jesus will take into "account" that she believes in him, so ALL debts are paid. No need for penance and guilt and all that other messy stuff.

If religion wasn't the cause of such suffering ... it would be the hilarious stuff of the best of comedy.

:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
One cannot realize this from reading God's Word? You have to go to a priest to realize we have a sinful nature?
You have to confess your sins and be forgiven to enter Heaven.

Why is it bad to reflect upon one's own sinful nature and work to overcome it?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if hell truly exists where is the firey lake that suppose to be the entrance? what country is it in? and where is heaven? how come we can't see it?
It's all about having "FAITH" my "child."

:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The men that wrote the words in the bible perceivde their selves as holy and ONLY others as evil.
And you commit the same behavior when you USE the scriptures.
You are a medium? You know the minds of those who wrote the scriptures?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

436 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min An NFL Fan 115,033
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 224,114
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min Senecus 1,522
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessarily so 720,685
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min dirty white boy- 599,068
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 45 min seriously the original 5,231
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 36,504
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 172,345
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr Naveen kumar 4,629
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr bbbbbb 73
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 9 hr Larry 122
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••