Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641892 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#438740 May 8, 2013
here are some things my priests say;

For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438741 May 8, 2013
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

We cannot find a single instance of judiciary punishment meted out to the corpse of a noble who died by his own hand during the Middle Ages.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438742 May 8, 2013
The Muslim theologians martyred their "saints," and the Christian theologians martyred their "saints" ... and the theologians on both sides keep egging their followers on to KILL, KILL, KILL.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438743 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now THAT is what a REAL heavy-duty died in the wool Christian teaches.
No messing around about it.
Now, I'll ask you. Do you believe that those who gave their lives fighting each other and dying in vain for the lost cause of the theologians were committing sins, or were they (from your perspective) ALL ... on both sides of the battles ... martyred saints?
Neither.

They died on a battlefield.

Do you equate dying on a battlefield with intentionally ending one's own life?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438744 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.
We cannot find a single instance of judiciary punishment meted out to the corpse of a noble who died by his own hand during the Middle Ages.
Sans context, how exactly did Georges Minois ascertain how a person in the Middle Ages died?
truth

Perth, Australia

#438745 May 8, 2013
evil saetific bags can kill you too its allready in air food medicine vaccine wicket on every coner..
my lovly childreen God is full of Mercy
he not give evil ultimatum to anyone
on this planet your leaders have every sort of weapens which they will say
poor mental and hopless build that..but not one of them who is in power as well rich

now
ones more

real Creator is full of mercy
in matrix is evil corupt cruk develish wicket is so long
this planet will go in pit because of that godly world
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#438746 May 8, 2013
marge wrote:
Just, is this what your priests tell you?
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.
The Church teaches that, yes.

And the Church also teaches that God works through people to minister His graces.
That is a hard concept, I know, when the "It's me-n-Jesus" thing has been so overly emphasized.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#438747 May 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
jethro:
st. james is wrong. the book 1 timothy 2:5 proves that, i doubt st. james said "confess your sins to one another."that would be going against gods will.
You can't rewrite the Bible according to your doubts. James was not saying that we can forgive one another's sin. He was saying that it is healing to ADMIT our failings to one another, and prayer (the effectual fervent prayer) will help us to overcome our 'faults'.
The Jews taught that God alone forgives sins (plural), and Jesus was teaching His position in God when He said,..."that you may know that the Son of Man has authority to forgive sin..."
The authority given us is described in the Lord's Prayer when Jesus said to pray: "Forgive us OUR trespasses AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US".
We have not only the authority, but command to forgive THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US...and that is the way in which WE will be forgiven.
To forgive those who trespass against someone else, is to take their sin upon oneself. Only God can do that, for Jesus paid for all of those sins on the cross.
KayMarie
if your referring to confessing to a friend that's one thing but confessing to a religious person is a waist of time,that is what 1 timothy 2:5 is saying,you can only confess to god through jesus.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#438748 May 8, 2013
Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:

“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,

but a body you prepared for me;

6with burnt offerings and sin offerings

you were not pleased.

7Then I said,‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—

I have come to do your will, my God.’&#8239;

8First he said,“Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9Then he said,“Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

15The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16“This is the covenant I will make with them

after that time, says the Lord.

I will put my laws in their hearts,

and I will write them on their minds.”

17Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts

I will remember no more.”

18And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438749 May 8, 2013
could you imagen that poor mental people build every laboratory on this planet..

not

its for destruction of human life from smart someone which always say who can oppose us..

Who is real?
Our Creator is very special.
His law is not corupt law like corupt people try express themself.

usa

#438750 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
A self-righteous Catholic on another thread stated that I had killed both my daughters.
She was angry at me for daring to study and post on my beliefs of what the Catholic church meant and means to me.
I understood from where she came. She was taught to defend her cult, as are most all others in their cults.
It's the way the theologians kept everyone divided and fighting among each other.
sorry to hear you were assaulted like that,totally uncalled for,funny how the meanest people in the world are religious,where as i and most likely you also do not resort to violent assaults like that. i do confess i get upset now and then,when someone accuses you of being something your not,other wise i don't get upset if someone disagrees with me,all i ask is prove me wrong in historical facts,not man made B.S. that the catholic church slings.And it does.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438751 May 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if your referring to confessing to a friend that's one thing but confessing to a religious person is a waist of time,that is what 1 timothy 2:5 is saying,you can only confess to god through jesus.
So, Timothy supercedes James?

James is to be torn out of one's Bible, yes?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438752 May 8, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church teaches that, yes.
And the Church also teaches that God works through people to minister His graces.
That is a hard concept, I know, when the "It's me-n-Jesus" thing has been so overly emphasized.
The conundrum is that the folks pushing the "me-n-Jesus" thing the hardest? Ministers.

The "me-n-Jesus" crowd never wonders why a minister or preacher isn't an inherent redundancy.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438753 May 8, 2013
your law is not my law
victims all around world know its simple like that since Adam and Eva
truth

Perth, Australia

#438754 May 8, 2013
i been born without money i will died without money

money is evil corupt inventor to control system of humanity..how we all know war upon war evil upon evil still going

don't cry because of money only who is full of greed jealous and so on declare on evil way they are god in reality they are nobody and nothing not at all
byyyyyyyy

usa

#438755 May 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians and others tell everyone these places heaven/hell exist, but not one of them can tell you where they are or how you are suppose to get there..........but they are all going!!(lol)
Its all baloney.......whatever happens to Anthony, Regina M. Claypool, Hojo, Catholic mom happens to you and me and everyone else.
Its how the church controls peoples minds. Believe in us and we will take care of you.(lol)
they don't care about you,only the gods you carry in your wallet.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#438756 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The conundrum is that the folks pushing the "me-n-Jesus" thing the hardest? Ministers.
The "me-n-Jesus" crowd never wonders why a minister or preacher isn't an inherent redundancy.
Exactly. Just me-n-Jesus in the Garden strollin along bein pals.

usa

#438757 May 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians and others tell everyone these places heaven/hell exist, but not one of them can tell you where they are or how you are suppose to get there..........but they are all going!!(lol)
Its all baloney.......whatever happens to Anthony, Regina M. Claypool, Hojo, Catholic mom happens to you and me and everyone else.
Its how the church controls peoples minds. Believe in us and we will take care of you.(lol)
and lets look at the story off the great tower of babel,considering the size it allegedly was there should be remnants of the tower,where is it?
truth

Perth, Australia

#438758 May 8, 2013
you don't need please evil people not at all

50% woman suffer since Adam and Eva evil corupt system is some children suffers with mother too..

who will confirm that evil people
no
Pride of man is zero in real Creator eyes.

pride is sin and will be until total destruction of this planet..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438759 May 8, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Just me-n-Jesus in the Garden strollin along bein pals.
Yeah.

Andy.

"Andy walks with me, Andy talks with me...."

I especially enjoy their notion of Christ Almighty situated as some schoolboy suitor, knocking on the door of your heart until you let Him in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 min DENG 38,428
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min Annaleigh 104,766
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Joe Fortuna 970,110
Realtors Love Crows 35 min GameOn 3
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 38 min Lbj 38,708
Play "end of the word" part 2 40 min WasteWater 1,739
Fraud DoctoRx 50 min Know Your Game 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr LAWEST100 44,457
More from around the web