Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653905 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#438722 May 8, 2013
marge wrote:
Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD." And you forgave the guilt of my sin.
All throughout the OT, we see God telling the people who have broken the law to go to the priest for restoration, forgiveness and/or healing.

The rite of the unclean:
Lev. 5

The rite of the extorsionist:
Lev. 6

The law of the trespass offering:
Lev. 7

The rite of post-birth purification:
Lev. 12

The rite of those with skin diseases:
Lev. 13

The rite of the leper:
Lev. 14

For the man with "an issue of seed":
Lev. 15

etc. etc. etc.

And the priest prays for the people:
Lev 4:20
Lev 4:26
Lev 5:6
Lev 5:10
Lev 5:16
Lev 5:18
Lev 12:8
Lev 14:21
Lev 16:17
Lev 19:22
etc. etc. etc.

And in the NT, Jesus tells people who He has *already cured* to go to the priest:

Matt 8:4
Luke 17:13-14

So you see, God works through people to work His graces.

Romans 13:
1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God....
4 For he is the minister of God to thee *for good*. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth *not* the sword *in vain*: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#438723 May 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="OldJG" The Roman Catholic Church....read this carefully. Who do they declare as redeemer of the human race?
Sick and sad......
"As she suffered and almost died together with her suffering and dying Son, so she surrendered her mother's rights over her Son for the salvation of the human race. And to satisfy the justice of God she sacrificed her Son, as well as she could, so that it may justly be said that she together with Christ has redeemed the human race." Pope Benedict XV, in Inter Sodalicia, Apostolic Letter of March 22, 1918.
The Church Teaches, published by the Jesuit fathers of St. Mary's College, bears the Imprimi Potest, Nihil Obstat, and Imprimatur of the Catholic Church, pages 210-211.
Jesus replaced Himself with John as He was dying.
He said to her, "Woman, behold YOUR son," indicating John. The physical body that grew in Mary's womb was to be completely changed that day...into an immortal body that was not of the flesh...and had no flesh 'mother'.
KayMarie
So at Jesus' death, Mary ceased to be Jesus' mother?
Did Jesus also cease to be her Son?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#438724 May 8, 2013
Just saying;

23Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438725 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If he teaches died in the wool Christianity, he should be teaching that suicide is offensive to his one and only GOD.
Because you believe is a sin ... does it mean it IS a sin ... or does it mean that you are blinded by religious theology?
Either suicide is a sin, or it's mental illness ... but it can't BE both.
To be of assistance, I'm pasting a link to his church website and the "What We Believe" page.

I didn't see anything about suicide, so I'm assuming your research was more vigorous.

http://www.saddleback.com/aboutsaddleback/wha...
truth

Perth, Australia

#438726 May 8, 2013
I speak with another lady ..she is Muslim but very nice lady..o i say whats happened with your neck..who me she replay..no no no its my husbund done to me..o really yes he cut me everywhere..see
but she say
ala ala alah god exist she point finger up..god save me..
who corupt police going save me..
she not live sick husbund..no no she not left him..she have happy childreen..she is not hungry she have nice home too nice car and so on..Ala god she say point finger..who ..police no no nobody save me..Ala God.
Miracle that she stay in life..oh my tears going now poor woman's=is timmoty there..oh oh oh

no no she say Ala Ala God my God..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438727 May 8, 2013
marge wrote:
Just saying;
23Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
26Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.
None of this rebuts JS's earlier citations, does it marge?

JS showed you common theme in the OT and the NT.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#438728 May 8, 2013
Just saying;

15This change has been made very clear since a different priest, who is like Melchizedek, has appeared. 16Jesus became a priest, not by meeting the physical requirement of belonging to the tribe of Levi, but by the power of a life that cannot be destroyed. 17And the psalmist pointed this out when he prophesied,

“You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek.”c

18Yes, the old requirement about the priesthood was set aside because it was weak and useless. 19For the law never made anything perfect. But now we have confidence in a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

20This new system was established with a solemn oath. Aaron’s descendants became priests without such an oath, 21but there was an oath regarding Jesus. For God said to him,

“The Lord has taken an oath and will not break his vow:

‘You are a priest forever.’”d

22Because of this oath, Jesus is the one who guarantees this better covenant with God.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438729 May 8, 2013
i speak with another Hindu family..i am very open..no no they told to me some..Jesus is biggest..yes then why i am wrong..he replay because you search answer you will find you are free full of courage..yes i am..now his master is not his Master..oh oh oh confe

i speak with ding ding dong buda tiny..i asked my son..what they say to you..no i don't say nothing against small ding dong buda fratric no..but i can't understood every language..they say some thing..in buda they teach themself about suffering and discipline too..now confe how many time we live in worldly situation in harsh hard condition..please explain why all of them say some god exist..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438730 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you to cite it, please. Warren's or Warren's church's teaching on suicide. Please cite it.
It's the crux of your incredibly mean-spirited post, so I assume you'd informed yourself to even a small degree before posting it.
I didn't intent to site anything. My point is, that Rick Warren preaches that his son suffered from mental illness.

If he preached as the original Christian's preached was truth, he would preach that his son was a sinner that GOD would punish FOR that sin. Unless of course the son had died as a martyred saint while killing on orders from theologians.

I asked you. Do you or don't you believe suicide offends your "go,d" and you refused to answer.

That avoidance was not by chance.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#438731 May 8, 2013
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Prince George, Canada

#438732 May 8, 2013
A self-righteous Catholic on another thread stated that I had killed both my daughters.

She was angry at me for daring to study and post on my beliefs of what the Catholic church meant and means to me.

I understood from where she came. She was taught to defend her cult, as are most all others in their cults.

It's the way the theologians kept everyone divided and fighting among each other.

Prince George, Canada

#438733 May 8, 2013
marge wrote:
My dear children,
:)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#438734 May 8, 2013
Just, is this what your priests tell you?

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438735 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't intent to site anything. My point is, that Rick Warren preaches that his son suffered from mental illness.
If he preached as the original Christian's preached was truth, he would preach that his son was a sinner that GOD would punish FOR that sin. Unless of course the son had died as a martyred saint while killing on orders from theologians.
I asked you. Do you or don't you believe suicide offends your "go,d" and you refused to answer.
That avoidance was not by chance.
Why cite anything indeed-its much more fun to offer projection in service to your ideology, isn't it?

Well, at least you're offering me the opportunity to speak for myself-unlike Warren, whom you presumed to speak for.

I believe suicide is a sin. I also believe that mental illness diminishes capacity.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438736 May 8, 2013
people can fill satanic attack to..others can set up anything
god side is strong side

we entering in most evil time
not yet will be peace on this planet
evil upon evil with very bad wishers which liked sit as god or godly chair
us who suffering as well many will pay heavy price
in name of great leaders..who is as well product of everything on this planet earth

they will come as lamb but in wolf skin..much more..

its will be glorious miracle like never before..its not god
who is better then us but not yet real god
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo

byyyyyyyyyyy

don't trust wicket miracle
games not yet over

Prince George, Canada

#438737 May 8, 2013
I just received a message via telepathy from the one and only GOD that I am supposed to "pass on." "My dear children ... I gave you free will ... but ... and this is a HUGE but ... if you don't follow my commands, I will send you to my pal the devil to burn for eternity. And for special effects, I'll make sure that as you are burning to tell you how VERY much I love you."

:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#438738 May 8, 2013
don't trust rich corupt people full of evil things

i told you
they going fall

if we died don't cry

we not trust as they think trust satanic evil org..

they will fall you will see
they know that perfectly they are not god
no

Prince George, Canada

#438739 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe suicide is a sin.
Now THAT is what a REAL heavy-duty died in the wool Christian teaches.

No messing around about it.

Now, I'll ask you. Do you believe that those who gave their lives fighting each other and dying in vain for the lost cause of the theologians were committing sins, or were they (from your perspective) ALL ... on both sides of the battles ... martyred saints?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#438740 May 8, 2013
here are some things my priests say;

For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Prince George, Canada

#438741 May 8, 2013
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

We cannot find a single instance of judiciary punishment meted out to the corpse of a noble who died by his own hand during the Middle Ages.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min onemale 281,858
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Dr Banonator 63,733
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min pusherman_ 973,750
Gift Suggestion for a God Daughter? (Mar '15) 1 hr EstherMoore 2
herbal incense and legal buds for sale (Aug '11) 2 hr lee 10
Mencari teman seks wanita yang gersang (Sep '15) 2 hr eyem 20
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr WasteWater 2,576
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr lightbeamrider 106,495
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr LAWEST100 618,736
More from around the web