Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,130)

Showing posts 422,581 - 422,600 of512,399
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
He that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Those who mouth-off about what a god does and does not believe, are anything BUT humble.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am against religion ... yours included.
If you want agreement, I suggest that you hang out with those who only agree with you.
~~~

Rom_3:4 .... let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

People grab a bible, read some words and then preach ... "God says blah, blah, blah" as though they have found the fountain of wisdom.

Yet they don't agree on anything.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay"
We do read our Bibles.
But what happens if we eliminate sacred tradition/oral teachings of the Apostles and the Church, and we STILL disagree with the Evangelical movement, the Jehovah's, SDA, Pentecostal, SBC, and so on?
ie What if we see Peter was the Rock, and Christ and Paul clarified the Eucharist? And Mary could not have been contaminated with sin to conceive the Christ- God Himself made manifest - with the Holy Spirit??
Remember, the whole of the Bible reveals that sin is opposite of God; God and sin would not procreate together to create the perfectly divine Jesus Christ..
Now what argument do you have? I went 'Bible alone' and this is what i've come up with.
WHO ARE YOU TO SAY I'M WRONG?

Peter said (his words) that "WE (all of us) are LIVELY STONES". Jesus/God is THE Rock.
1Pe 2:4 To Whom coming, as unto A LIVING STONE, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, BEHOLD, I LAY IN SION A CHIEF CORNER STONE, elect, precious: and he that believeth on HIM shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe HE is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Peter is speaking of Jesus, not of himself.

Mary was a virgin. Her physical body supplied the needs of Jesus physical body as it grew. She did not create the God Spirit. We carry Him in our hearts, and His presence sanctifies us (if we obey Him), not the other way around. He won't be reduced in holiness by His association with me.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay"
...AND I read Revelation, and I found out that the Pagan Roman Empire fit the description of Johns vision not the Catholic Church??
My Sola Scripture has proved your Sola Scripture wrong.
*my hands are washed now. I'm saved. I will now rent out an old Blockbuster Video store and open up a church. I just ordained myself a Minister.
Yeee Haw!

The Holy Spirit ordination surpasses that of any man.
KM

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

The first Apostle's Creed was compiled in 150 A.D., and there was no mention of the word "hell" in that creed. Those theologians were re-placed by new theologians and even more theologians as the centuries went by, until finally the dogma of Jesus going to hell and then ascending to heaven was added to the creed.

Truth never was an issue with the ever-changing dogmas ... yet the theologians always gave the "impression" that they were absolute tellers of truth.

What a shame.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic bishop of Antioch wrote letters referring to the Catholic Church as a well established entity by the turn of the first century.
Not one iota of evidence exists of anyone referring to the Southern baptist denomination of protestantism until almost 1900 years later.
Question: Where were you guys hiding for 19 centuries?
When did the Early Church allow the use of statues,the worship of the Mother of God,the worship of the Host,the Papacy,Indulgences,Purgatory,s elf mortification,Mortal,venial,ac tual sins? NO,the First century church did not have that,but the Catholic church adopted all these practices and much,much more as time went on.The Bible was locked into LATIN for centuries.

Anthony there is so much negative history connected to the Catholic Church,and most of all the Inquisitions,none of which would ever have been tolerated by the First Century Church.Can you imagine the Lord Jesus setting up a tribunal,after torturing people for sometime,forcing them to parade through streets,with dunce caps on,and than burned to death in effigy,all because they did not follow His "church" that forced everyone to be members of? NO Of course not! You cannot even suggest that our Lord would force His will on anyone,let alone set up a vicious system to enforce His Holy will on.

Catholicism may be an ancient church as far back as the first century,but it is also a counterfeit of what the Bible describes a church should be.It is no wonder why the RCC degrades the sola scriptura,when in the light of scripture there is no "Condemnation to those who walk in Christ Jesus."In the light of Scripture,believers are not forced to walk with a church system,but are encouraged and taught to walk with the MAN Christ Jesus,King of kings and Lord of Lords.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
but every man a liar;
I certainly agree that all theologians told lies in the guise of truth, and that you are eager and willing to keep spreading the lies in the hopes others will believe you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
The Holy Spirit ordination surpasses that of any man.
KM
And of course you are certain that you have been ordained by the holy spirit ... RIGHT???

You are a prime example of one who has over-dosed on your own importance.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

My guess is, non-human forms of life have the same source of energy as do humans. It's too bad that the words "spirit" and "soul" makes humans so insufferable as to believe that humans are special.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
you we should know better, read your Bible and think.
Jethro, who presumably reads the bible, used a Joys of Satan Ministries" website to buttress a point he was attempting to make.
He did not use the bible.
Do you agree with Jethro?
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
People grab a bible, read some words and then preach ... "God says blah, blah, blah" as though they have found the fountain of wisdom.
Yet they don't agree on anything.
I am so glad you don't have the final word on the activities of believers. If it were up to you we would all be given death centences,or foced to give up our faith belief by vicious means.

A cold dead heart is what you are aiming for June,and that will be hard to deal with when it finally consumes your will.ONLY Christ can shatter the ice block you are building around yourself,just so you know that when you realize you are encased in a tomb of ice.

First and foremost the reason why many people do not agree with each other on any given subject is PRIDE of what they already know.Believers in God are also no exception,but the majority of them do realize that as a community of believers they have the opportunity to spread the gospel in many ways,rather than solo.The differences are becoming more and more minute.

I have learned that the reality of Who and what Christ IS,remains the common concensus amongst all Christians of every affiliation,that is what matters most.Whether there are differences that may cause one person to leave a given assembly for another,remains a matter of the will.Everyone does not like Chocolate,or Vanilla,and or strawberry,but most people like ice cream.

Variety seems to be the way Americans especially want to go.it is somewhat indicative of our way of life.When we get tired of such and such,we go elsewhere to get what we want.Priviledged peoples because of our affluence.

The Church is in the midst of this "fast food mentality" The Quick fix."OH my soul aches where can I get cured quickly?"

We believers give out the truth and message of salvation from the BOOK,some open their hearts to it and some do not.You are one who has decided that all religion is worse than an opiate to the people.You call us fools continuously.

Since you cannot view your life after death,it is impossible for you to come to that definate conclusion that someday you will face the Judgment of God.In your case you do not believe there is a judgment,but guess what June,that you are not fully certain of.Now your will is to eradicate all vestage of faith in your own life,God does not exist to you,so there is nothing applied to you regarding:Christ and the Judgment.YOU HOPE?

You have a very dim focus of what we really believe,you claim that any rhetoric concerning God,His love,His wrath,His judgment is all ficticious nonsence.BUT,deep in your person June you do n o t K N O W if you are right on the subject.It is all conjecture with you.

Do you hope one of us will convert to the nothing dim world you are in?SMELL the roses, take a walk along a river or lake,or even a stream,and realize that your life span is much shorter than the river or lake and stream.They continue to flow long after you are dead and gone.

Our lives are quickly consumed by the years we experience,those of us who have real faith have a deep abiding hope,and not in nothingness,but a life that never ends with the Eternal One who is all consuming Love!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
The first Apostle's Creed was compiled in 150 A.D., and there was no mention of the word "hell" in that creed. Those theologians were re-placed by new theologians and even more theologians as the centuries went by, until finally the dogma of Jesus going to hell and then ascending to heaven was added to the creed.
Truth never was an issue with the ever-changing dogmas ... yet the theologians always gave the "impression" that they were absolute tellers of truth.
What a shame.
As a SELF PROCLAIMED atheist ...whats it to you?...JUST MORE OF YOUR RABBLE ROUSING...AND STEERING UP OF STRIFE ... BEING AN ADDICTED DEVASTATOR..

ACCOMPLISHING NOTHING OF ANY ADVANTAGE... TO YOUR OWN TORMENTED SOUL... NOR ANY ONE ELSE

WHY DO YOU ATTEMPT TO FIGHT AGAINST THAT WHICH YOU CLAIM DOES NOT EXIST?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that in the afterlife you will be with Jesus the Jew in Olam Ha Ba ... or that you will be with Jesus the Catholic in Christian heaven?
It might pay to question these issues, as you might not want to confuse Jesus with a sermon of how Jesus must behave to please you.
sarcasm intended.
Since none of it made sense, I belive it is sarcasm, in poor taste.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
What a shame.
Understanding what you are talking about is the first key to debate. When it states decended into hell, it equates to separtation from God the Father, which would truly be hell.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that YOU are humble?
Sometimes I guess. What about you?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an expert?
I know more about the CC than confrint does for sure.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite the sermon! Was a god speaking through you?
When you get fired up with your atheistic garb a g e(as in the French),don't you sometimes feel a presence speaking through you June?Tell me you never felt some other entity hovering over you or expressing itself through you? Are you always in complete control of everything you say and do?

How about when you feel really incensed concerning your favorite subject,and others trample on you? Surely the rage brings about words and thoughts in your mind that later you are baffeled about,"DID I SAY THAT?"

Our minds can either be filled with decent throughts,or a cesspool of garbage,I wonder why that is the case,if there is no GOD? Why are we plagued often with negative thoughts,and people we read about who give in totally to their negative thinking,that fall prey to either suicide or other things that bring shame and embarrassment to themselves and others?

Life has so many awful twists to it,and that has always proven to me that the opposite of evil,mayhem(disorder) and discouragement is God who establishes Order,eradicates evil,and encourages the hopeless.If I had not seen these things for myself,I could easily dispel the very notion of a GOD who cares,who is able to interrupt human events in order to prove His Love to us.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I join up with the Muslims will you stop accusing me of not believing in anything ... pretty please?
Well, just sayin....Ok, the only thing I see that you believe is that it's not possible to believe anything. So, that is something, I guess?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am so glad you don't have the final word on the activities of believers. If it were up to you we would all be given death centences,or foced to give up our faith belief by vicious means.
A cold dead heart is what you are aiming for June,and that will be hard to deal with when it finally consumes your will.ONLY Christ can shatter the ice block you are building around yourself,just so you know that when you realize you are encased in a tomb of ice.
First and foremost the reason why many people do not agree with each other on any given subject is PRIDE of what they already know.Believers in God are also no exception,but the majority of them do realize that as a community of believers they have the opportunity to spread the gospel in many ways,rather than solo.The differences are becoming more and more minute.
I have learned that the reality of Who and what Christ IS,remains the common concensus amongst all Christians of every affiliation,that is what matters most.Whether there are differences that may cause one person to leave a given assembly for another,remains a matter of the will.Everyone does not like Chocolate,or Vanilla,and or strawberry,but most people like ice cream.
Variety seems to be the way Americans especially want to go.it is somewhat indicative of our way of life.When we get tired of such and such,we go elsewhere to get what we want.Priviledged peoples because of our affluence.
The Church is in the midst of this "fast food mentality" The Quick fix."OH my soul aches where can I get cured quickly?"
We believers give out the truth and message of salvation from the BOOK,some open their hearts to it and some do not.You are one who has decided that all religion is worse than an opiate to the people.You call us fools continuously.
Since you cannot view your life after death,it is impossible for you to come to that definate conclusion that someday you will face the Judgment of God.In your case you do not believe there is a judgment,but guess what June,that you are not fully certain of.Now your will is to eradicate all vestage of faith in your own life,God does not exist to you,so there is nothing applied to you regarding:Christ and the Judgment.YOU HOPE?
You have a very dim focus of what we really believe,you claim that any rhetoric concerning God,His love,His wrath,His judgment is all ficticious nonsence.BUT,deep in your person June you do n o t K N O W if you are right on the subject.It is all conjecture with you.
Do you hope one of us will convert to the nothing dim world you are in?SMELL the roses, take a walk along a river or lake,or even a stream,and realize that your life span is much shorter than the river or lake and stream.They continue to flow long after you are dead and gone.
Our lives are quickly consumed by the years we experience,those of us who have real faith have a deep abiding hope,and not in nothingness,but a life that never ends with the Eternal One who is all consuming Love!
Great post Pad as always.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 422,581 - 422,600 of512,399
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

529 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Darwins Stepchild 680,993
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Rosa_Winkel 596,629
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min Sheilaa 109,818
Goat Simulator Free Download Pc Game 8 min adfasdfa 5
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min Divine Ascetic 89,638
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 16 min NUTS AMERICA 37,904
Proof Jesus never existed (Aug '09) 48 min Some1 Else 12,240
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr relish45 290
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr number four 217,305