Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,215
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#438411 May 7, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
No, issue was you inserting "HIM" into 1 John 1:9. Adding to scripture is a no-no Kay.

I used (Him) in parenthesis to clarify who was doing the forgiving and cleansing.

You inferred that a priest had to be involved, which was truly adding to the Word.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#438412 May 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
What St. Paul said:
"This, as always, is God’s doing; it is he who, through Christ, has reconciled us to himself, and allowed us to minister this reconciliation of his to others."
What the priest says:
"God the Father of mercies, through the death and resurrection of your son, you have reconciled the world to yourself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins. Through the ministry of the church, may God grant you pardon and peace. And I absolve you of your sins, in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."
And you give false hope to the sinner who believes that you CAN forgive him/her.
"This, as always, is God’s doing; it is HE who, THROUGH CHRIST, has RECONCILED US TO HIMSELF, and allowed us to minister THIS RECONCILIATION OF HIS to others."
KayMarie
St. John said if we confess, God forgives. He didn't say confess to God alone and not to each other.

God has allowed the priest and the Church to minister this reconciliation.

We don't get to ignore the biblical requirement to confess our sins to one another.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#438413 May 7, 2013
The Didache, written about the same time St. John was completing Revelation.

“In church confess your sins, and do not come to your prayer with a guilt conscience. Such is the Way of Life...On the Lord's own day, assemble in common to break bread and offer thanks; but first confess your sins, so that your sacrifice may be pure." Didache, 4:14,14:1 (c. A.D. 90).
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#438414 May 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I went from not believing in Insta-Heaven via the magical "sinner's prayer" and started reading the Bible.
Then, years later, someone pointed out to me that the Church Christ established had existed when He was ministering on earth and it still exists to this day. Since I believed Jesus spoke Truth, the only question was then: Which one is it?
And it went from there. The journey has been full of very pleasant and refreshing surprises.
Good to have you. Welcome home.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#438415 May 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Regina wrote:
Regina:
No, dear. All you have to do is read the Bible that we gave you and obey the commands of Jesus, humbling yourselves in the face of the faith as set forth by the Apostles and the succession of His authority through the church He founded, the Catholic Church, thereby relinquishing your mitres and your paper-papacies.
"Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained."
Aren't you afraid that you will forget one of those 'steps'?
KM
No, because they all come from Christ. All you have to do is obey Him and submit yourself to His will, KM. Then you won't find it necessary to post snarky remarks to those in His church.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#438416 May 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I went from not believing in Insta-Heaven via the magical "sinner's prayer" and started reading the Bible.
Then, years later, someone pointed out to me that the Church Christ established had existed when He was ministering on earth and it still exists to this day. Since I believed Jesus spoke Truth, the only question was then: Which one is it?
And it went from there. The journey has been full of very pleasant and refreshing surprises.
How wonderful! Welcome home!!
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#438417 May 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to have you. Welcome home.
Thank you, Anthony.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#438418 May 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the point of my post.
The word "hell" itself was not in the first Apostle's creed. It was later added by other theologians.
Ok, but does it matter? Hell is mentioned 565 times in the Bible and 65 of those are in Hebrew. That should do nicely to justify them putting it in the creed.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#438419 May 7, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
How wonderful! Welcome home!!
Thank you, Regina.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438420 May 7, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, but does it matter? Hell is mentioned 565 times in the Bible and 65 of those are in Hebrew. That should do nicely to justify them putting it in the creed.
My point was that hell was not mentioned in the first edition of the Apostles creed (written by Catholics)... and that by the fourth century new ever-changing theologians had plenty of time to come up with the dogma of hell and write of hell again and again and again in their book that was compiled by one deception after another.

By the way, why did the Catholic theologians use the term holy on the "cover" of their new book, when they taught that most of the people in the world were evil?

Did they want people to believe that the only way to find holiness was in the cult of Catholicism?

If you ask question of the dogmas, you'll see that there are loop-holes everywhere that the theologian trod.
chuck

Sunbury, OH

#438421 May 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus give them the power of telepathy?
I guess St. James should've checked with you before telling us to confess to one another.
I can't find the word confession either in John 20:23

Prince George, Canada

#438422 May 7, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, anyone who has an abortion, helps someone have an abortion, or performs an abortion is automatically excommunicated.
If they excommunicate them, why do the they have therapy sessions for women of the Catholic faith after they have abortions?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Catholic Diocese of Alberta

Project Rachel is a ministry of reconciliation and healing for people of all ages who are suffering distress from a past abortion experience.

http://www.calgarydiocese.ca/life-a-family-re...

Prince George, Canada

#438423 May 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Part truth, part lies.
From you perspective, which part of what the Muslims preach is truth and which part is lies?

Will they be saved if they don't believe in Jesus as the one and only savior?

Prince George, Canada

#438424 May 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not always been Catholic. I arrived after many years as southern baptist and over a decade of being an agnostic.
So you were searching rather than finding. And now you are certain you have grabbed on to the REAL truth ... RIGHT???

It's common practice.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#438425 May 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From you perspective, which part of what the Muslims preach is truth and which part is lies?
Will they be saved if they don't believe in Jesus as the one and only savior?
True: There is a God
False: There is no Trinitarian Godhead
False: God is not a Father
True: We should obey God

I don't believe that heaven is automatically impossible for them just because they are Muslim.

More later, I have to run.

Prince George, Canada

#438426 May 7, 2013
It's rather humorous that people believe Jesus tells the priests in the confessionals to forgive the new sins of Catholics.

But the Catholics take this stuff as serious business.

Feed them what appeals to their desires and they will believe most anything.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438427 May 7, 2013
"Why do we need to confess our sins if they have already been forgiven (1 John 1:9)?"

Answer: The apostle Paul wrote,“To the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding”(Ephesians 1:6-8). This forgiveness is referring to salvation, in which God has taken our sins and removed them from us “as far as the east is from the west”(Psalm 103:12). This is the judicial forgiveness that God gives us upon receiving Jesus Christ as Savior. All our past, present, and future sins are forgiven on a judicial basis, meaning that we will not suffer eternal judgment for our sins. We still often suffer consequences of sin while we are here on earth, however, which brings us to the question at hand.

The difference between Ephesians 1:6-8 and 1 John 1:9 is that John is dealing with what we call “relational,” or “familial,” forgiveness—like that of a father and a son. For example, if a son does something wrong to his father—falling short of his expectations or rules—the son has hindered his fellowship with his father. He remains the son of his father, but the relationship suffers. Their fellowship will be hindered until the son admits to his father that he has done wrong. It works the same way with God; our fellowship with Him is hindered until we confess our sin. When we confess our sin to God, the fellowship is restored. This is relational forgiveness.

“Positional” forgiveness, or judicial forgiveness, is that which is obtained by every believer in Christ. In our position as members of the body of Christ, we have been forgiven of every sin we have ever committed or ever will commit. The price paid by Christ on the cross has satisfied God’s wrath against sin, and no further sacrifice or payment is necessary. When Jesus said,“It is finished,” He meant it. Our positional forgiveness was obtained then and there.

Confession of sin will help to keep us from the discipline of the Lord. If we fail to confess sin, the discipline of the Lord is sure to come until we do confess it. As stated previously, our sins are forgiven at salvation (positional forgiveness), but our daily fellowship with God needs to stay in good standing (relational forgiveness). Proper fellowship with God cannot happen with unconfessed sin in our lives. Therefore, we need to confess our sins to God as soon as we are aware that we have sinned, in order to maintain close fellowship with God.

#438428 May 7, 2013
who="Regina"
No, because they all come from Christ. All you have to do is obey Him and submit yourself to His will, KM. Then you won't find it necessary to post snarky remarks to those in His church.

Where do YOUR snarky remarks come from???

KayMarie
youtube

AOL

#438429 May 7, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

#438430 May 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:

Did Jesus give them the power of telepathy?
I guess St. James should've checked with you before telling us to confess to one another.

The question was not whether we should confess to one another. It was about having to confess to a priest.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 810,085
bless the jews (Nov '08) 13 min please pray n bless 7,120
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Porkpie Hat 268,965
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 36 min Ricky F 53,315
sex (May '13) 42 min xxx 96
sex 1 hr romance gay 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 608,227
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 4 hr viky235 164
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 14 hr Coolsa 205
More from around the web