Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
422,561 - 422,580 of 533,294 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you confess to a priest, does he have to bring a sin offering for his own sins like the OT priest did?
I thought you said you went to confession as a catholic? You should already know the answer to this?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>ya the truth is hard to believe when it puts the church in a bad light,other wise you'd believe anything i posted if it favored the church, even if it were a known lie.
That would be refreshing. Let see if you can swallow your pride long enough to say something nice about the CC for once, even if it's not true. Technically, you'd still be lying about her, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are asking God for forgiveness, do you ever feel like maybe you weren't really sorry enough and maybe not really forgiven?
I'm scared to ask but what does this have to do with confessing to a sinner...I'm mean a priest?

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now that you HAVE seen it, do you still stand behind the "scholarship" presented that you have endorsed?
what i posted was basically the same story as to what was in the documentory on the t.v. so yes i believe it,there is also another story that came out in the L.A. times awhile back about the very same subject.the church condemned it publicly and profitted from it privately jusrt like they do everything else,why do you think everything the vatican does is behind closed doors,they want YOU to follow gods word and pay them to hear the so called truth,BUT! they do not follow their own teachings,real or their made up doctrine.there is NOTHING that connects the church to the scriptures,it's only in the vatican councils mind.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said you went to confession as a catholic? You should already know the answer to this?
So what's the answer?

If he doesn't what changed and how?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

who="chuck"
It seems too easy to understand doesn't it.
However...if you want to control folks like catholics, you tell them from a young age you have to confess to a priest....it worked!

All they have to do is threaten excommunication...

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to object to "theology" with me, please stick to Catholic theology which has as it's foundation that Jesus is God.
I have ... many times ... but you are so indoctrinated you ignore everything but what the Catholic theologians planted in your fantasies as truth.

It's the nature of those in religious cults who are certain their way is the one and only way to believe.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I do believe that a Muslim theologian received messages. But I'm not sure about "from the sky" part.
My opinion is that religion is all based on the built in human need to connect with the Creator and have a relationship with Him the way He designed us.
All the world's religions spring from this. Some groups coming closer than others to having a relationship with Creator as He designed. Key phrase: "as He designed"
The exception is atheism, perhaps, which is in fact a religion.
So do you believe that the information the Muslims received was based on truth ... or lies?

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be refreshing. Let see if you can swallow your pride long enough to say something nice about the CC for once, even if it's not true. Technically, you'd still be lying about her, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
your right it is hard to say anything nice about the church,when they hide their riches and their atrocities towards men,they are suppose to be there for the people and they are not,they only care about money,check their portfolio,you'll be amazed at what they own.they are the worlds richest conglomerate,yet thousands a day die of starvation and disease,and the church does nothing to financially help people out,not even to educate them to better themselves and their country.unless they start offering men a good payday to become a priest the church won't be around much longer,the priesthood is getting smaller each year,By DAVID GONZALEZ
Published: April 15, 2008 new york times.
The banners hanging in the main corridor of St. Joseph’s Seminary in Yonkers declare,“Through Faith We Grow.” The class portraits that line that very same corridor tell the opposite tale. Half a century after the halcyon days when several hundred men at a time studied to be ordained as priests for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, only 22 are enrolled. Even more alarming to Catholics, although six men expect to be ordained in May, none are entering the first-year theology program. While seminary officials attribute the sudden drop to extra preparatory course requirements that went into effect this year, it is nonetheless a jarring development.

“You do what you can, as well as you can, for as long as you can, and hope it works,” said Bishop Gerald Walsh, the seminary’s rector.“I’d be optimistic if we had enough clergy present for young people and willing to talk to them.”

I wonder how small it is now?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Muslims are in conflict with each other as are Christians in conflict with each other.

They all keep preaching that their way is the only way to learn the truth ... and they don't ever seem to question why they can't get along?

It's a fool's game of ego, and they all play it to a T.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm scared to ask but what does this have to do with confessing to a sinner...I'm mean a priest?
Well, I will bet that after you confessed your sins directly to God, there have been times when you didn't feel that you were sorry enough for them and maybe therefore God didn't forgive you.
You are supposed to be sorry for them to be forgiven, right? Or is that not a requirement?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did as a catholic. Then I started reading scripture and because of Christ's sacrifice on the cross, I can bypass the catholic priest and go right to God.
I am apart of the priesthood so why would I go to a priest?
Because da pope said so!!!!! He has the divine wisdom and power to correct God!!!!!

God's Word says there is one mediator between man and God...that being Jesus Christ....the Son of God..

The pope said...tain't so!!!...there is the priest in the box, Mary, then Christ....that makes three (3)!!!!!!

Logic says with three mediators they have "a better shot"!!!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
KayMarie
NAHHH ... those days are all but gone.

Women of the Catholic faith have abortions and now take therapy after the abortions through "project Rachel" approved of by the pope. The hierarchy gave up on that silly idea of excommunication for those women.

Catholics now know that they can be Catholic, break the rules of the hierarchy and the pope's hands are literally tied. He can't frighten them or bully them as did the popes in earlier times. Laws of the land won't allow him to burn "sinners" at the stake, or put them to death for being homosexual, etc.

It took all the joy out of popery.

sarcasm intended.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I will bet that after you confessed your sins directly to God, there have been times when you didn't feel that you were sorry enough for them and maybe therefore God didn't forgive you.
You are supposed to be sorry for them to be forgiven, right? Or is that not a requirement?
again...what does this have to do with confessing to a priest?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have ... many times ... but you are so indoctrinated you ignore everything but what the Catholic theologians planted in your fantasies as truth.
It's the nature of those in religious cults who are certain their way is the one and only way to believe.
I have not always been Catholic. I arrived after many years as southern baptist and over a decade of being an agnostic.

You haven't posted anything accurately Catholic that I have seen except when you posted the Apostle's creed. I do not wish to debate "theology" as nonsensical as you have posted. Your ideas conflict with one another and you seem to like it that way. I don't feel like chasing shadows.
:)
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="chuck"
It seems too easy to understand doesn't it.
However...if you want to control folks like catholics, you tell them from a young age you have to confess to a priest....it worked!
KayMarie
No, dear. All you have to do is read the Bible that we gave you and obey the commands of Jesus, humbling yourselves in the face of the faith as set forth by the Apostles and the succession of His authority through the church He founded, the Catholic Church, thereby relinquishing your mitres and your paper-papacies.

"Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained."

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's the answer?
If he doesn't what changed and how?
The priest does not bring a sin offering during confession unless you want to count his prayers he offers up for us as he waits for the next confession and the time he has sacrificed in order to minister this Sacrament to the people.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you believe that the information the Muslims received was based on truth ... or lies?
Part truth, part lies.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NAHHH ... those days are all but gone.
Women of the Catholic faith have abortions and now take therapy after the abortions through "project Rachel" approved of by the pope. The hierarchy gave up on that silly idea of excommunication for those women.
Catholics now know that they can be Catholic, break the rules of the hierarchy and the pope's hands are literally tied. He can't frighten them or bully them as did the popes in earlier times. Laws of the land won't allow him to burn "sinners" at the stake, or put them to death for being homosexual, etc.
It took all the joy out of popery.
sarcasm intended.
Actually, anyone who has an abortion, helps someone have an abortion, or performs an abortion is automatically excommunicated.

You should find out what the Church really teaches before posting misinformation on a public forum.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained."
where is the word confession in the text?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

443 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessarily so 721,947
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Frontliner 115,519
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Buck Crick 224,522
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 172,517
ibhentse emandi (Sep '11) 25 min Teeza 124
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min Epiphany2 599,112
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 42 min raghavendra 534
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 256,839
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••