Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,104
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
chuck

Dublin, OH

#438353 May 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You start with the false premise that Jesus couldn't/wouldn't give His authority to forgive sins to men (and all men are sinners), then you have to work your way back by contradicting His clear and unmistakable words and commission. That's the story of protestantism, when you seperate yourselves from the Church you have to invent ways to show the Church isn't necessary. It's a sorry story.
So Jesus gave authority to sinners so they can forgive sins....that's a tough one Tony.

I never said He couldn't give the authority but why would He. It's like trying to convince folks that Jesus gave authority to Peter...you know, the same Peter who abanded Christ when He was dying on a cross for his sins.

tough one Tony.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#438354 May 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We do get it. Our sins are forgiven through His name. Never went to confession did you chuck?
I did as a catholic. Then I started reading scripture and because of Christ's sacrifice on the cross, I can bypass the catholic priest and go right to God.

I am apart of the priesthood so why would I go to a priest?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#438355 May 7, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So why go to a priest?
Many reasons why.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#438356 May 7, 2013
who="chuck"
Tony...look at it like this.
If you come to me and say Chuck, "I have repented of my sins and have received Christ by faith". I can say to you, your sins are forgiven. Not because I or anyone else has the power to forgive sins but because of what Christ did at the cross.
**Think maybe that what the context is or no?

You would be acknowledging that he is forgiven, because that is the promise of the gospel. You can assure him because the gospel is true.

You would not, of yourself, be forgiving his sin.

KayMarie
chuck

Dublin, OH

#438357 May 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Many reasons why.
If you confess to a priest, does he have to bring a sin offering for his own sins like the OT priest did?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#438358 May 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is you don't know how to post a link. That ties in with my suspicion that you think nothing false can be on the internet.
Thanks for the laugh jethro.
2/3 rds of the internet is false,you being a true christian is one falsehood.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#438359 May 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="chuck"
Tony...look at it like this.
If you come to me and say Chuck, "I have repented of my sins and have received Christ by faith". I can say to you, your sins are forgiven. Not because I or anyone else has the power to forgive sins but because of what Christ did at the cross.
**Think maybe that what the context is or no?
You would be acknowledging that he is forgiven, because that is the promise of the gospel. You can assure him because the gospel is true.
You would not, of yourself, be forgiving his sin.
KayMarie
It seems too easy to understand doesn't it.

However...if you want to control folks like catholics, you tell them from a young age you have to confess to a priest....it worked!
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#438360 May 7, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did as a catholic. Then I started reading scripture and because of Christ's sacrifice on the cross, I can bypass the catholic priest and go right to God.
I am apart of the priesthood so why would I go to a priest?
When you are asking God for forgiveness, do you ever feel like maybe you weren't really sorry enough and maybe not really forgiven?

usa

#438361 May 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"20% of the clients were clergy..."
Where is the proof?
"It started with Augustine..."
Where is your proof?
"in a documentary..."
Care to say which one?
"She mentions also..."
Who are you talking about?
"Church involved in ownership..."
Where is your proof?
"Catholic Church condoned prostitution..."
Where is your proof?
Your post here is completely laughable. Only the super lazy would simple accept what you say here.
ya the truth is hard to believe when it puts the church in a bad light,other wise you'd believe anything i posted if it favored the church, even if it were a known lie.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#438362 May 7, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you confess to a priest, does he have to bring a sin offering for his own sins like the OT priest did?
I thought you said you went to confession as a catholic? You should already know the answer to this?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#438363 May 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>ya the truth is hard to believe when it puts the church in a bad light,other wise you'd believe anything i posted if it favored the church, even if it were a known lie.
That would be refreshing. Let see if you can swallow your pride long enough to say something nice about the CC for once, even if it's not true. Technically, you'd still be lying about her, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#438364 May 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are asking God for forgiveness, do you ever feel like maybe you weren't really sorry enough and maybe not really forgiven?
I'm scared to ask but what does this have to do with confessing to a sinner...I'm mean a priest?

usa

#438365 May 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now that you HAVE seen it, do you still stand behind the "scholarship" presented that you have endorsed?
what i posted was basically the same story as to what was in the documentory on the t.v. so yes i believe it,there is also another story that came out in the L.A. times awhile back about the very same subject.the church condemned it publicly and profitted from it privately jusrt like they do everything else,why do you think everything the vatican does is behind closed doors,they want YOU to follow gods word and pay them to hear the so called truth,BUT! they do not follow their own teachings,real or their made up doctrine.there is NOTHING that connects the church to the scriptures,it's only in the vatican councils mind.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#438366 May 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said you went to confession as a catholic? You should already know the answer to this?
So what's the answer?

If he doesn't what changed and how?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#438367 May 7, 2013
who="chuck"
It seems too easy to understand doesn't it.
However...if you want to control folks like catholics, you tell them from a young age you have to confess to a priest....it worked!

All they have to do is threaten excommunication...

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438368 May 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to object to "theology" with me, please stick to Catholic theology which has as it's foundation that Jesus is God.
I have ... many times ... but you are so indoctrinated you ignore everything but what the Catholic theologians planted in your fantasies as truth.

It's the nature of those in religious cults who are certain their way is the one and only way to believe.

Prince George, Canada

#438369 May 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I do believe that a Muslim theologian received messages. But I'm not sure about "from the sky" part.
My opinion is that religion is all based on the built in human need to connect with the Creator and have a relationship with Him the way He designed us.
All the world's religions spring from this. Some groups coming closer than others to having a relationship with Creator as He designed. Key phrase: "as He designed"
The exception is atheism, perhaps, which is in fact a religion.
So do you believe that the information the Muslims received was based on truth ... or lies?

usa

#438370 May 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be refreshing. Let see if you can swallow your pride long enough to say something nice about the CC for once, even if it's not true. Technically, you'd still be lying about her, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
your right it is hard to say anything nice about the church,when they hide their riches and their atrocities towards men,they are suppose to be there for the people and they are not,they only care about money,check their portfolio,you'll be amazed at what they own.they are the worlds richest conglomerate,yet thousands a day die of starvation and disease,and the church does nothing to financially help people out,not even to educate them to better themselves and their country.unless they start offering men a good payday to become a priest the church won't be around much longer,the priesthood is getting smaller each year,By DAVID GONZALEZ
Published: April 15, 2008 new york times.
The banners hanging in the main corridor of St. Joseph’s Seminary in Yonkers declare,“Through Faith We Grow.” The class portraits that line that very same corridor tell the opposite tale. Half a century after the halcyon days when several hundred men at a time studied to be ordained as priests for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, only 22 are enrolled. Even more alarming to Catholics, although six men expect to be ordained in May, none are entering the first-year theology program. While seminary officials attribute the sudden drop to extra preparatory course requirements that went into effect this year, it is nonetheless a jarring development.

“You do what you can, as well as you can, for as long as you can, and hope it works,” said Bishop Gerald Walsh, the seminary’s rector.“I’d be optimistic if we had enough clergy present for young people and willing to talk to them.”

I wonder how small it is now?

Prince George, Canada

#438371 May 7, 2013
Muslims are in conflict with each other as are Christians in conflict with each other.

They all keep preaching that their way is the only way to learn the truth ... and they don't ever seem to question why they can't get along?

It's a fool's game of ego, and they all play it to a T.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#438372 May 7, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm scared to ask but what does this have to do with confessing to a sinner...I'm mean a priest?
Well, I will bet that after you confessed your sins directly to God, there have been times when you didn't feel that you were sorry enough for them and maybe therefore God didn't forgive you.
You are supposed to be sorry for them to be forgiven, right? Or is that not a requirement?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Winter is Coming 740,199
Rachael Davis Kornacki 21 min Curious John 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min Dr_Zorderz 259,697
if you see YOUR MOTHER AS A BED RTNER OF CELIBR... 25 min Doctor REALITY 10
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 27 min lulu 222
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Eagle 12 227,869
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 44 min Classic 1,812
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 173,835
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157

Top Stories People Search