Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
422,521 - 422,540 of 532,746 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were suggesting that pope Francis was going to brothels in person.
I was already aware of the sexual antics between nuns and priests and nuns and nuns, and priests and priests.
What goes on in society also goes on in places of worship.
Prayer doesn't take the human out of human.
I know it happens everywhere,but this is a catholic forum,so that's what i post about,if it were about a different institution i'd be posting about that one also.i'm not singling out the church purposely,but only because this forum is about the church.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"20% of the clients were clergy..."
Where is the proof?
"It started with Augustine..."
Where is your proof?
"in a documentary..."
Care to say which one?
"She mentions also..."
Who are you talking about?
"Church involved in ownership..."
Where is your proof?
"Catholic Church condoned prostitution..."
Where is your proof?
Your post here is completely laughable. Only the super lazy would simple accept what you say here.
do some looking yourself and see if i'm wrong.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven. If you retain the sins of any, they are retained."
Tony...look at it like this.
If you come to me and say Chuck, "I have repented of my sins and have received Christ by faith". I can say to you, your sins are forgiven. Not because I or anyone else has the power to forgive sins but because of what Christ did at the cross.

**Think maybe that what the context is or no?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the sites are right there with the posts what more can i do? look up (catholic church owned brothels/or catholic church brothels),i looked up both.
My guess is you don't know how to post a link. That ties in with my suspicion that you think nothing false can be on the internet.

Thanks for the laugh jethro.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From the “The Lost Book of the Bibles, by Bell Publishing, New York, comes the following
The Apostles’ Creed.
It is affirmed by Ambrose,“that the twelve Apostles, as skillful artificers assembled together, and made a key by their common advise, that is, the Creed; by which the darkness of the devil is disclosed, that the light of Christ may appear.” 1 Others fable that every Apostle inserted an article, by which the creed is divided into twelve articles; and a sermon, fathered upon St. Austin, and quoted by the Lord Chancellor King, fabricates that each particular article was thus inserted by each particular Apostle:-
“Peter.- 1. I believe in God the Father Almighty;
“John.- 2. Maker of heaven and earth;
“James.- 3. And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord;
“Andrew.- 4. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary;
“Philip.- 5. Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried;
“Thomas.- 6. He descended into hell, the third day he rose again from the dead;
“Bartholomew.– 7. He ascended into heaven, sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
“Matthew. 8. From thence he shall come to judge the quick, and the dead;
“James, the son of Alpheus.– 9. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the holy Catholic Church;
“Simon Zelotes.– 10. The communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins;
“Jude the brother of James.– 11. The resurrection of the body;
As I said, you can't work both sides of the street.

If your source IS the last word on the subject, then the article of Christ's having descended into Hell WASN'T a later add-on, as you opined earlier.

Which is it? Straight from an apostolic source, or a theologian's later add on? Can't be both.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>do some looking yourself and see if i'm wrong.
Actually, it's your burden to substantiate your own claims-not someone else's job.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
At one time the word hell was not in the "Apostle's" creed.
That means the first authors didn't receive information from on high that a hell existed.
That word "hell" was added later by other authors.
The Apostles Creed, as it's named, always had the reference to hell.

I just showed you.

You also just told me the article came from one of the Apostles.

Make up your mind, please, as to what argument you're promulgating.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>saw nothing about the joy of satan ministries,but then again not much difference between the popes and satan anyway.
Well, now that you HAVE seen it, do you still stand behind the "scholarship" presented that you have endorsed?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>my story begins with a documentory that was on t.v. "how sex changed the world" and part of the documentory included the catholic church owning and keeping prostitues for church personal use,they claim it was done so all the virgins in town would be safe from clergy men. so like i said whats the difference between the pope and satan? their outfits?
You failed to cite the documentary and still have yet to do so.

Let me give you a helpful hint. When researching, you aren't supposed to begin with a predetermined conclusion and then research until you find something (no matter the source, apparently) that agrees with the pre-drawn conclusion-you're to research FIRST and draw any conclusions from said research.

I picked this up in elementary school. You may have been sick that day.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>do some looking yourself and see if i'm wrong.
Should I start with books about witches and magicians?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony...look at it like this.
If you come to me and say Chuck, "I have repented of my sins and have received Christ by faith". I can say to you, your sins are forgiven. Not because I or anyone else has the power to forgive sins but because of what Christ did at the cross.
**Think maybe that what the context is or no?
No, you can't and no, that's not the context.

John 20:21 - before He grants them the authority to forgive sins, Jesus says to the apostles, "as the Father sent me, so I send you." As Christ was sent by the Father to forgive sins, so Christ sends the apostles and their successors forgive sins.

John 20:22 - the Lord "breathes" on the apostles, and then gives them the power to forgive and retain sins. The only other moment in Scripture where God breathes on man is in Gen. 2:7, when the Lord "breathes" divine life into man. When this happens, a significant transformation takes place.

John 20:23 - Jesus says, "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven. If you retain the sins of any, they are retained." In order for the apostles to exercise this gift of forgiving sins, the penitents must orally confess their sins to them because the apostles are not mind readers. The text makes this very clear.

Matt. 9:8 - this verse shows that God has given the authority to forgive sins to "men." Hence, those Protestants who acknowledge that the apostles had the authority to forgive sins (which this verse demonstrates) must prove that this gift ended with the apostles. Otherwise, the apostles' successors still possess this gift. Where in Scripture is the gift of authority to forgive sins taken away from the apostles or their successors?

Matt. 9:6; Mark 2:10 - Christ forgave sins as a man (not God) to convince us that the "Son of man" has authority to forgive sins on earth.

Luke 5:24 - Luke also points out that Jesus' authority to forgive sins is as a man, not God. The Gospel writers record this to convince us that God has given this authority to men. This authority has been transferred from Christ to the apostles and their successors.

Matt. 18:18 - the apostles are given authority to bind and loose. The authority to bind and loose includes administering and removing the temporal penalties due to sin. The Jews understood this since the birth of the Church.

John 20:22-23; Matt. 18:18 - the power to remit/retain sin is also the power to remit/retain punishment due to sin. If Christ's ministers can forgive the eternal penalty of sin, they can certainly remit the temporal penalty of sin (which is called an "indulgence").

2 Cor. 2:10 - Paul forgives in the presence of Christ (some translations refer to the presences of Christ as "in persona Christi"). Some say that this may also be a reference to sins.

2 Cor. 5:18 - the ministry of reconciliation was given to the ambassadors of the Church. This ministry of reconciliation refers to the sacrament of reconciliation, also called the sacrament of confession or penance.

James 5:15-16 - in verse 15 we see that sins are forgiven by the priests in the sacrament of the sick. This is another example of man's authority to forgive sins on earth. Then in verse 16, James says “Therefore, confess our sins to one another,” in reference to the men referred to in verse 15, the priests of the Church.

1 Tim. 2:5 - Christ is the only mediator, but He was free to decide how His mediation would be applied to us. The Lord chose to use priests of God to carry out His work of forgiveness.

Lev. 5:4-6; 19:21-22 - even under the Old Covenant, God used priests to forgive and atone for the sins of others.

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
John 20:23 - Jesus says, "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven. If you retain the sins of any, they are retained."
I didn't think so...sinners how authority to forgive sin...interesting.

Where does Jesus mention confession of sins in this text: "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven. If you retain the sins of any, they are retained."

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
When did God command the use of religious statues?
From my perspective, the better question would BE ... "Why did theologians write all the conflicting data about what supposed gods commanded?"
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think so...sinners how authority to forgive sin...interesting.
Where does Jesus mention confession of sins in this text: "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven. If you retain the sins of any, they are retained."
Was Jesus speaking to people who could read minds?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Apostles Creed, as it's named, always had the reference to hell.
I just showed you.
You also just told me the article came from one of the Apostles.
Make up your mind, please, as to what argument you're promulgating.
And I just showed you otherwise.

Being a died in the wool Catholic, you refuse data other than what you have been indoctrinated by your Catholic theologians to believe is the absolute truth.

They succeeded in their quest to brainwash you, and you obeyed the wills of those men.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I know it happens everywhere,but this is a catholic forum,so that's what i post about,if it were about a different institution i'd be posting about that one also.i'm not singling out the church purposely,but only because this forum is about the church.
If you are singling out Catholics as the only deceivers, you are not being fair.

All theologians were and are deceivers. They insinuate that their fantasies are based on truth.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Say again???

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, June, this post is complete nonsense. Did you put your brain in a blender?
:)
If Jews can't attain heaven without becoming Christian ... Jesus will be blocked from entry.

That is your own silly theology coming back to bite you in the butt.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perspective, the better question would BE ... "Why did theologians write all the conflicting data about what supposed gods commanded?"
You'll have to give me a "for instance" since your question is not very clear.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

**Even Peter gets it...why can't catholics?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

492 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min eyeful 172,387
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min Remnant of 144000 38,449
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 25 min Szajen 75
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 40 min Krackerjacks 115,083
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 40 min number four 224,174
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min Le_le 599,082
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 46 min Amber 26
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 49 min thewordofme 720,503
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 256,491
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••