Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,985
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438183 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If belief freed you from suffering, then you might have me interested in your theology.
But there's a lie involved, because Christians that do believe in Jesus suffer the same as all other people of the world, making it plain that the debt was never paid by the fictional Jesus.
Yes they do June, God does not play favorites.
He makes it rain on the just and unjust.
The difference is faith will move mountains.

Jesus Himself was a man of sorrow,

Isaiah 53

King James Version (KJV)

53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our grief's and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438184 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If belief in Jesus hasn't perfected you, why are preaching at others concerning how to achieve perfection?
LOL is that what you think I am doing preaching perfection June.
LOL your funny.
Jesus is perfect not me, nor any other Follower of Jesus.
if I was I won't need a savior June.
We will never be perfect, we can never be good enough to merit heaven.
Its only through the righteousness of Jesus,
Eph 2: 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438185 May 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is faith will move mountains.
I believe that only upheavals in nature moves mountains.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Tibetan Religions

The mountains are assimilated to the ladder or the mu rope of the first ancestor who descended to earth. The royal tombs are called “mountains.

Just as the sacred mountain—the “god of the land”—is identified with the mu ladder that connects Heaven to Earth, so in the human body one of the protector gods, and precisely the one called “god of the land,” is found on the top of the head, where the mu rope is attached (the “warrior god” and the “man god” reside on the shoulders). The mu ladder is called the “ladder of the wind.”
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438186 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If belief in Jesus hasn't perfected you, why are preaching at others concerning how to achieve perfection?
1Cor 1: 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Prince George, Canada

#438187 May 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Himself was a man of sorrow,
Had he existed he should have felt sorrow.

According to the Catholics Jesus abandoned his Jewish father, stopped being king of the Jews as their top-notch rabbi, and went to work in Catholic confessionals.

Had the Jewish god really existed, my guess is he would have kicked the butts of the ex-Jew Catholics and Protestants from here to eternity.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438188 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that only upheavals in nature moves mountains.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.
Tibetan Religions
The mountains are assimilated to the ladder or the mu rope of the first ancestor who descended to earth. The royal tombs are called “mountains.
Just as the sacred mountain—the “god of the land”—is identified with the mu ladder that connects Heaven to Earth, so in the human body one of the protector gods, and precisely the one called “god of the land,” is found on the top of the head, where the mu rope is attached (the “warrior god” and the “man god” reside on the shoulders). The mu ladder is called the “ladder of the wind.”
So I was right you are a religious fanatic, following pagan teachers of myths and assumptions. Are you Wicca, I think you are.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438189 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had he existed he should have felt sorrow.
According to the Catholics Jesus abandoned his Jewish father, stopped being king of the Jews as their top-notch rabbi, and went to work in Catholic confessionals.
Had the Jewish god really existed, my guess is he would have kicked the butts of the ex-Jew Catholics and Protestants from here to eternity.
Now you are following what the catholic doctrine teaches.
The Catholic's abandon the Jews;
Did not God say I will curse them who curse you and bless those who bless you to Abraham .
Did God not make a covenant with Abraham, God called forth a nation not a religious denomination, The Jewish nation.
God didn't call forth a catholic or protestant nation, they are religions made up by man for man.
Gee get yourself a Bible and read it.
Genesis 12:3

When God took Abram from his own people, he promised to make him the head of another people. 2. I will bless thee. Obedient believers shall be sure to inherit the blessing. 3. I will make thy name great. The name of obedient believers shall certainly be made great. 4. Thou shalt be a blessing. Good men are the blessings of their country. 5. I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee. God will take care that none are losers, by any service done for his people. 6. In thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed. Jesus Christ is the great blessing of the world, the greatest that ever the world possessed. All the true blessedness the world is now, or ever shall be possessed of, is owing to Abram and his posterity. Through them we have a Bible, a Saviour, and a gospel. They are the stock on which the Christian church is grafted.

Prince George, Canada

#438190 May 6, 2013
In the first Apostolic creed, there was no mention of the word or the supposed place "hell."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the “The Lost Book of the Bibles, by Bell Publishing, New York, comes the following.

The Apostle’s Creed … as it stood An. Dom. 600. Copied from Mr. Justice Bailey’s Edition of the book of Common Prayer.‘before the year 6oo, it was no more than this’—Mr. Justice Bailey. P. 9 n.

I Believe in God the Father Almighty:
2 And in Jesus Christ his only begotten Son, our Lord;
3 Who was born of the Holy Ghost and Virgin Mary,

4 And was crucified under Pontuis Pilate, and was buried;
5 And the third day rose again from the dead.
6 Ascended into heaven, sitteth on the right hand of the Father;
7 Whence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead;

8 And in the Holy Ghost;

9 The Holy Church;
10 The remission of sins;

11 And the resurrection of the flesh, Amen.

The Apostles Creed, as it stands in the book of Common Prayer of the United Church of England and Ireland as by law established.

1 I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth:
2 And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord:
3 Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary,
4 Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried;
5 He descended into hell;

6 The third day he rose again from the dead;
7 He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
8 From whence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
9 I believe in the Holy Ghost;
10 The Holy Catholic Church; the communion of saints;
12 The resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting.

Prince George, Canada

#438191 May 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Wicca, I think you are.
I am not in any religion ... including yours, which is the only thing that really bugs you.

Prince George, Canada

#438192 May 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are following what the catholic doctrine teaches.
The Catholic's abandon the Jews;
Did not God say I will curse them who curse you and bless those who bless you to Abraham .
Did God not make a covenant with Abraham, God called forth a nation not a religious denomination, The Jewish nation.
God didn't call forth a catholic or protestant nation, they are religions made up by man for man.
Gee get yourself a Bible and read it.
Genesis 12:3
When God took Abram from his own people, he promised to make him the head of another people. 2. I will bless thee. Obedient believers shall be sure to inherit the blessing. 3. I will make thy name great. The name of obedient believers shall certainly be made great. 4. Thou shalt be a blessing. Good men are the blessings of their country. 5. I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee. God will take care that none are losers, by any service done for his people. 6. In thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed. Jesus Christ is the great blessing of the world, the greatest that ever the world possessed. All the true blessedness the world is now, or ever shall be possessed of, is owing to Abram and his posterity. Through them we have a Bible, a Saviour, and a gospel. They are the stock on which the Christian church is grafted.
I suggest your sermons are as meaningless to me, as the sermons of those in other religions are meaningless to you.

Prince George, Canada

#438193 May 6, 2013
The object was to scare the people into submitting their thinking over to the theologians, who could then through fear dictate what the people had to believe in order to "hopefully" please the supposed gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the “The Lost Book of the Bibles, by Bell Publishing, New York, comes the following………..

KEY TO THE PLATE OF “HELL.”

1. Entrance to the confines of Hell.
2. Charon in his bark.
3. The Minotaur roaring at the approach of condemned souls.
4. Souls agitated by the impure breath of evil spirits.
5. Cerberus devouring the souls of gourmands.
6. The avaricious and prodigal condemned to carry burdens.
7. The envious and angry cast into the styx.
8. Tower and wall of the evil city.
9. In this ditch are those who have sinned against their neighbors; Centaurs shoot arrows at them.
10. Those who have sinned against themselves are here tormented by Harpies.
11. Rain of fire for those who have sinned against God.
12. Soul of the tyrant Gerion cast into the flames.
13. Debauchees and corruptors of youth flogged by devils.
14. Poisonous gulf into which flatterers are plunged.
15. Lake of fire in the caldrons into which Simonaics are cast.
16. Sorcerers and diviners, their faces turned backward.
17. Bog of boiling pitch for cheats, thieves, and deceivers.
18. Hypocrite crucified.
19. Perfidious advisers plunged into a flaming ditch.
20. For scandalous persons; one holds his head in his hand.
21. Robbers and other criminals tormented by a centaur armed with serpents.
22. Alchemist and quacks a prey to leprosy.
23. Well of ice, for traitors and the ungrateful.
24. Pluto in the midst of a glacier devouring the damned.
25. The holy city of Jerusalem.
youtube

AOL

#438194 May 6, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#438195 May 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Did you stop sinning after you professed your faith in Jesus (or the bible, not sure anymore with you folks)?
Did YOU stop sinning when you became Catholic?
The comparison would be difficult to make because CC's seem to be allowed to gamble, get drunk, use questionable language, etc. And if they do anything worse, they can buy indulgences.
KayMarie
No, I'm still a sinner. Buy indulgences???

When you say;

confrinting with the word wrote:

"How can one say that they 'believe' in something, while living in disregard for that thing?
KayMarie"

You seem to be indicating that;

1. You believe in Jesus and know He is against any kind of sinning, so if you sin it means you don't believe in Him.

Or

2. You never sin because you believe in Him.

Which is it?

Prince George, Canada

#438196 May 6, 2013
From the “The Lost Book of the Bibles, by Bell Publishing, New York, comes the following

The most important “addition,” since the year of Christ 600, is that which affirms, that Christ descended into hell. This has been proved not only to have been an invent tion after the Apostles’ time, but even after the time of Eusebius. Bishop Pearson says,(9) that the descent into hell was not in the ancient creeds or rules of faith.“It is not to be found in the rules of faith delivered by Irenieus,(10) by Origen,(11) or by Tertulian.(12) It is not expressed in those creeds which were made by the councils as larger explications of the Apostles’ Creed; not in the Nicene, or Constantinopolitan; not in those of Ephesus, or Chalcedon; not in those confessions made at Sardica, Antioch, Selucian, Sirmium, &c.It is not mentioned in several confessions of faith delivered by particular persons; not in that of Eusebius
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#438197 May 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>pope francis:I'm in favor of maintaining celibacy....JETHRO if he is in favor of this,then what are they going to do with the brothels they own,especially for their use??
Cite your evidence or prepare for another smackdown.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438198 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not in any religion ... including yours, which is the only thing that really bugs you.
LOL truthfully nothing really bugs me June.
You are what you are, I am what I am.
I believe in God; you don't.

Prince George, Canada

#438199 May 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL truthfully nothing really bugs me June.
You are what you are, I am what I am.
I believe in God; you don't.
Does that mean you won't throw scriptures my way as threats that the god is gonna get me for not following?

Prince George, Canada

#438200 May 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm still a sinner.
If Jesus died for your sins and you put all your faith in Jesus concerning that promise written and told by theologians ... how come you are still a sinner?

I'm beginning to see that even the faithful don't believe that the magic worked.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#438201 May 6, 2013
At least now in America, people that put their faith in the old gods only have to worry about the gods punishing them.

Back in the day before Christianity was separated from government the people had to worry about which theologian was going to get one or another disturbance going to stir up the Catholics and Protestants into a frenzy of bloodshed. Back then even the Protestants weren't safe from each other.

Prince George, Canada

#438202 May 6, 2013
Why a Jew would want to die for the sins of Catholics is beyond me.

Some would say Jesus had a big heart. If he existed, I think he had a big hole in his head.

No way on earth would those early Catholics have died for a Jew. They killed plenty of them, but they didn't die FOR them.

Some things sure do smell fishy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min uMAkeWOrldPeaceUI... 4,712
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Dave Nelson 773,840
BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9981 7 min jack webber 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min HipGnosis 175,540
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min DNF 96,725
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 59 min okimar 53,250
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr HipGnosis 441,755
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 265,011
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 604,789
More from around the web