Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
422,301 - 422,320 of 538,797 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438103 May 6, 2013
I stopped trusting theologians when I realized they were up to no good.

Christian theologian ... "To be saved, you must have complete faith in Jesus."

"But other cultures had their own saviors that promised them they would be saved and nothing came of it."

Christian theologian ... "That's because they lied about their supposed saviors. You must have faith when I tell you that I speak nothing but the truth."

"Why must I believe you are telling truth."

Christian theologian ... "Have faith my child, and one day you will come to know what 'I' know."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#438104 May 6, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
You are again cherry picking scriptures and justifying the behavior of Christians that killed supposed heretics and witches as evil offenders of "god."
Why would a god send messages to only Christians that they would be saved, and not to all other people of the world?
If you use your brain to think outside of what the theologians planted in there, you will see the lies.

God DOES send messages to all the people of the world. Many of them, like you refuse to believe.

Ignorant people killed 'supposed heretics'. They were not 'Christian'. Jesus is God's message to all men, and He reinforces the TRUTH: "Thou shalt NOT kill."

You don't know the truth, so everything is a lie to you.

#438105 May 6, 2013
who="Just sayin"
Did you toss out the book of James?

James does not contradict the truth. He encourages those who name the name of Christ TO LIVE LIKE IT.

KayMarie
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438106 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If people ask questions of the dogmas it doesn't take long to see lies everywhere.
I asked the question why a decent god would create innocent animals that in turn had to survive by using fangs, claws, sharp teeth and venom, and there was no answer.
To want cruelty to flourish in the god's earthly kingdom, the god had to be cruel.
And I didn't want to worship a cruel god. With good reason it made no sense to me.
June have you always been this negative, and against God. or has it been just since your daughter died??
I can't imagine living with someone like you it would be depressing gives no one hope for anything, you a sad person June.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438107 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I stopped trusting theologians when I realized they were up to no good.
Christian theologian ... "To be saved, you must have complete faith in Jesus."
"But other cultures had their own saviors that promised them they would be saved and nothing came of it."
Christian theologian ... "That's because they lied about their supposed saviors. You must have faith when I tell you that I speak nothing but the truth."
"Why must I believe you are telling truth."
Christian theologian ... "Have faith my child, and one day you will come to know what 'I' know."
June you have just stopped trusting period.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438108 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I joined your religious cult and shunned all other religion as a lie ... would you then believe I would be full of love?
:)
I am not a religious person June, I belong to no denomination.
I have faith in God and Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Your the one who came on here perched yourself on a soap box and started to spout off what you [or should I say what others thought and written,] you just plagiarized what others wrote and posted it on here.
You want to put others down for what they believe , trying to brain wash people to think like you.
you accuse us to trying to make you believe in God, at the same time you are trying to make us believe there is no God.
your as phony as a nine dollar bill.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#438109 May 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Your origianl post.....
waaasssuuup wrote:
COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS!!!
New Age wrote:
Since you believe this, and with this, a "destruction" is also supposed to occur.
Why do you want people to die?
<quoted text>
Because you must want this "end of days" to occur.
And with this belief - comes a destruction to the planet and people.
So why do you want people to die?
C'mon waaasssuuup....you seem "brighter" than what you are portraying.
i want God to have what's rightfully His and for His justice to prevail over evil.

if you equate this with destruction, you must be coming from a contrary perspective from God's;)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#438110 May 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i want God to have what's rightfully His and for His justice to prevail over evil.
if you equate this with destruction, you must be coming from a contrary perspective from God's;)
Trying to have cyber-sex with the women here now ?

Going to ask them to take there clothes off and have sex with you ?

You do it on WINLAC, why not here ?

Show these Catholics what a Real Christian is like.

Prince George, Canada

#438111 May 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June have you always been this negative, and against God. or has it been just since your daughter died??
I can't imagine living with someone like you it would be depressing gives no one hope for anything, you a sad person June.
Your insults are duly noted.

When you see why you don't believe a one and only god that favors Muslims ... you will understand why I don't believe in a god that favors Christians.

Prince George, Canada

#438112 May 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a religious person June, I belong to no denomination.
I have faith in God and Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
I suggest you stop deceiving your self. You have become filled with pride in the idea that you are the theologian of your own Christian denomination.

Prince George, Canada

#438113 May 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June you have just stopped trusting period.
I've stopped trusting theologians. Fortune-tellers come in all religions, albeit they refer to their selves as either theologians or preachers of truth-telling theologies.

If you remind your self that the word theology means to study religion ... you will see that study has no right to claim to KNOW answers. NONE whatsoever.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#438114 May 6, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>You mean mostly illegal alien hispanic Catholics support same sex marriage, because of Obama and liberal views about immigration. It has nothing to do with church dogma, it has to do with acceptance. If the illegal hispanics accept the illegal gay position, then when it comes to immigration they hope for gay support.
It won't stop with homosexual "marriages."

I thought this was a spoof. It's not.

Prince George, Canada

#438115 May 6, 2013
From my perception, it's common sense that if I am willing to believe that a creator gave messages to Christians ... then it would only be fair of me to believe that the same creator gave messages to Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, and all those in other religions.

After all ... fair is fair ... is it not???

Why should I favor Christians and call the other ones liars ... especially in light of the fact that Christians continually call each other liars?

Who am I supposed to favor when I believe that theology is all based on lies?

In order to be faithful to my own beliefs, I must not bend my beliefs to favor any religion whatsoever.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#438116 May 6, 2013
Normand Winnipeg wrote:
<quoted text>--- Dust, is that so; now please tell why the Roman Catholic Church is in Rome and not in Jerusalem where JESUS CHRIST started HIS CHURCH with the Apostles; PETER, MATT, MARK, LUKE AND JOHN???
Because Jesus told them to go out into the world and tell everyone the Good News. Rome was the center of the world at the time.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#438117 May 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just sayin"
Did you toss out the book of James?
James does not contradict the truth. He encourages those who name the name of Christ TO LIVE LIKE IT.
KayMarie
So it's not "saved by faith alone", then.

Prince George, Canada

#438118 May 6, 2013
I brought my daughter up to believe in a god of love.

When she took her life, she left data that indicated she believed she was going to the light.

I am certain that illusion helped her to end her own physical and emotional suffering. She went in a mindset of peace, and it helps me that I understand her experience.

It was not my daughter's suicide that turned me against all religion. It was asking pertinent questions of the nonsense taught as truth by the ever-arrogant theologians.

Prince George, Canada

#438119 May 6, 2013
Why would I want to believe a Christian theologian tells truth and a Hindu theologian doesn't tell truth?

Favoritism is fun, but it can only stretch the lies so far before they tend to crack at the "seems."

Prince George, Canada

#438120 May 6, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Rome was the center of the world at the time.

Not to those who lived in Africa, which is believed by many scientists to be "the cradle of humankind."

#438121 May 6, 2013
who="Just sayin"
So it's not "saved by faith alone", then.

Yes, it is by faith alone...but one who believes in Jesus, knows that He is of honorable character.

How can one say that they 'believe' in something, while living in disregard for that thing?

KayMarie
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#438122 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to those who lived in Africa, which is believed by many scientists to be "the cradle of humankind."
I see your point

But to my knowledge, Africa did not have a system of paved roads and other technologies which made spreading the word easier.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,775
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min KiMare 226,281
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 min Falcon 733
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min Tuco Blondie 117,957
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Porkpie Hat 257,860
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 51 min yon 2,414
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 53 min Epiphany2 599,839
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr KiMare 94,646
•••
Enter and win $5000