Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,565
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#437964 May 5, 2013
I'm tired of members of hierarchies and their followers pointing outward at supposed sin, while hiding their nasty habits in closets inside the churches.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#437965 May 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I'm tired of members of hierarchies and their followers pointing outward at supposed sin, while hiding their nasty habits in closets inside the churches.
So am I.

I wish these non-Catholics would look in their own closets first.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#437966 May 5, 2013
Dan wrote:
Um, all Christians believed in the Real Presence until the Reformation.
The Catholic Church claims that the doctrine of transubstantiation dates back to Jesus and the apostles, but this is historically not the case.

The teaching of transubstantiation does not date back to the Last Supper as most Catholics suppose.

It was a controversial topic for many centuries before officially becoming an article of faith (which means that it is essential to salvation according to Rome.)

The idea of a physical presence was vaguely held by some, such as Ambrose, but it was not until 831 A.D. that Paschasius Radbertus, a Benedictine Monk, published a treatise openly advocating the doctrine. Even then, for almost another four centuries, theological war was waged over this teaching by bishops and people alike, until at the Fourth Lateran Council in 1215 A.D., it was officially defined and canonized as a dogma (A "Dogma" is a teaching or doctrine that can never be reversed or repealed. It is equal in authority to the Bible) by Pope Innocent III.

Where did this teaching and practice really come from?

Like many of the beliefs and rites of Romanism, transubstantiation was first practiced by pagan religions.

The noted historian Durant said that belief in transubstantiation as practiced by the priests of the Roman Catholic system is "one of the oldest ceremonies of primitive religion" (The Story of Civilization, p. 741.)
The syncretism and mysticism of the Middle East were great factors in influencing the West, particularly Italy.(Roman Society from Nero to Marcus Aurelius, by Dill.)

In Egypt, priests would consecrate meat cakes, which were supposed to become the flesh of Osiris!(an ancient Egyptian god of the lower world and judge of the dead - Encyclopaedia of Religions, Vol. 2, p. 76.)

The idea of transubstantiation was also characteristic of the religion of Mithra whose sacraments of cakes and haoma drink closely parallel Catholic Eucharistic rites.

The idea of eating the flesh of deity was most popular among the people of Mexico and Central America long before they ever heard of Christ; and when Spanish missionaries first landed in those countries, "their surpass was heightened when they witnessed a religious rite which reminded them of communion... an image made of flour... and after consecration by priests, was distributed among the people who ate it... declaring it was the flesh of deity." (Prescott's Mexico, Vol. 3.)

Again, the RCC practices many things from PAGANISM.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#437967 May 5, 2013
SHARE THIS LADIES!!!!!

How can you tell when you are in a room, restroom, motel etc. with a mirror or a 2-way glass?

Here's how: I thought it was quite interesting! And I know in about 30 seconds you're going to do what I did and find the nearest mirror.

Do you know how to determine if a mirror is 2-way or not? A policewoman who travels all over the US and gives seminars and techniques for businesswomen passed this on.

When we visit toilets, bathrooms, hotel rooms, changing rooms, etc., how many of you know for sure that the seemingly ordinary mirror hanging on the wall is a real mirror, or actually a 2-way mirror (i.e., they can see you, but you can't see them)? There have been many cases of people installing 2-way mirrors in female changing rooms . It is very difficult to positively identify the surface by looking at it.

So, how do we determine with any amount of certainty what type of mirror we are looking at?

TWO WAY GLASS IMAGE MIRROR IMAGE

Just conduct this simple test: Place the tip of your fingernail against the reflective surface and if there is a GAP between your fingernail and the image of the nail, then it is GENUINE mirror. However, if your fingernail DIRECTLY TOUCHES the image of your nail, then BEWARE! IT IS A 2-WAY MIRROR!

"No Space, Leave the Place" So remember, every time you see a mirror, do the "fingernail test." It doesn't cost you anything.

REMEMBER. No Space, Leave the Place:

Ladies: Share this with your girlfriends, sisters, daughters, etc.

Men: Share this with your wives, daughters, daughters-in-law, mothers, girlfriends and/or friends.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#437968 May 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Here is an example of a pedophile who molested both boys and girls, hiding in the guise of serving a god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Now, now, June....we know you're ticked off because Anthony pointed out that it was proven that the great majority of abuse was committed by homosexuals, and you have a homosexual agenda.

Of course, you'll get lots of protestant evangelical support for that here. They'll vote for same-sex marriage if they think it will thwart the Catholic Church.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#437969 May 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic bishop of Antioch wrote letters referring to the Catholic Church as a well established entity by the turn of the first century.
Not one iota of evidence exists of anyone referring to the Southern baptist denomination of protestantism until almost 1900 years later.
Question: Where were you guys hiding for 19 centuries?
Writing about the Catholic Church does not mean a Catholic church existed...it merely means he wrote about it!!!! By the same token, you can write all day long about the goose that laid the golden egg...it does not mean the goose exits...it only means you wrote about it!!!

History can only be denied by Catholic...

The Roman Empire legally recognized Pauline Christianity as a valid religion in 313 AD. Later in that century, in 380 AD, Roman Catholicism became the official religion of the Roman Empire. During the following 1000 years, Catholics were the only people recognized as Christians.

Question: If, as you believe, Christ built the Catholic Church when He said "I will build my church"...why did it take Him,almost 400 years to do So!!!!!????

If you want to discuss the SBC...start a new thread...
Ella

Rockford, MI

#437970 May 5, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"New Universities Webster Dictionary"?
When was yours published, Ella?
It was in 1935
Ella

Rockford, MI

#437971 May 5, 2013
marge wrote:
I sure do love the mis-directed catholics here:)
The Harvest is great. Soon there will be the separation of the wheat and the tares.

Location hidden

#437972 May 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If a synagogue is the same as a church, why do Christians not go to synagogues to pray and worship the supposed Jewish god?
There is no "if" a synagogue is the same as a church...it is a church..per Scripture:

ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#437973 May 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I strive not to allow the five senses to control my life...
Faith does not depend upon what a person....
feels...sees.. hears...taste or smells.
Faith is having confident expectations in What God has Spoken forth and
being fully persuaded in your own heart that what God has spoken forth .
He will perform/do.
While I appreciate your interest in the destiny of my eternal soul..
you need not waste your time...
2Ti_1:12 ........ I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Amen sister! I share your conviction. God is AWESOME indeed.

Location hidden

#437974 May 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you indicating that the Jews (faithful to Judaism) came up with the word Christian so that Catholics could branch OFF of Judaism with a new sect???
How ludicrous.
I am not indicating...I am saying:122

The truth: A name given at Antioch to those who believed Jesus to be the Messiah, A. D. 42, Ac 11:26 It seems to have been given to them by the men of Antioch as a term of convenience rather than of ridicule, to designate the new sect more perfectly than any other word could do.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#437975 May 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As you enjoy using scriptures to bully others, my guess is, nothing I post will change your mind. But I'll still try.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Sexual orientation is an adult attraction to other adults, About.com adoption expert Carrie Craft explains. Pedophilia is an adult sexual attraction to children. Yet, myths that link gay men with child abuse continue to circulate, especially in the wake of the latest priest-child abuse scandals.
http://gaylife.about.com/b/2010/04/09/how-lik ....
Maybe you should actually click on the link and/or research the data. Not one verse of scripture in my post or links.

The report (and almost all other studies) confirm it was homosexual men who were responsible for almost all of the abuse. The vast majority of victims were pubescent and post-pubescent boys (not children in the physical sense). The homosexuals had serious psychological problems, but they were not attracted to the opposite sex.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#437977 May 5, 2013
LTM wrote:
SHARE THIS LADIES!!!!!
How can you tell when you are in a room, restroom, motel etc. with a mirror or a 2-way glass?
Here's how: I thought it was quite interesting! And I know in about 30 seconds you're going to do what I did and find the nearest mirror.
Do you know how to determine if a mirror is 2-way or not? A policewoman who travels all over the US and gives seminars and techniques for businesswomen passed this on.
When we visit toilets, bathrooms, hotel rooms, changing rooms, etc., how many of you know for sure that the seemingly ordinary mirror hanging on the wall is a real mirror, or actually a 2-way mirror (i.e., they can see you, but you can't see them)? There have been many cases of people installing 2-way mirrors in female changing rooms . It is very difficult to positively identify the surface by looking at it.
So, how do we determine with any amount of certainty what type of mirror we are looking at?
TWO WAY GLASS IMAGE MIRROR IMAGE
Just conduct this simple test: Place the tip of your fingernail against the reflective surface and if there is a GAP between your fingernail and the image of the nail, then it is GENUINE mirror. However, if your fingernail DIRECTLY TOUCHES the image of your nail, then BEWARE! IT IS A 2-WAY MIRROR!
"No Space, Leave the Place" So remember, every time you see a mirror, do the "fingernail test." It doesn't cost you anything.
REMEMBER. No Space, Leave the Place:
Ladies: Share this with your girlfriends, sisters, daughters, etc.
Men: Share this with your wives, daughters, daughters-in-law, mothers, girlfriends and/or friends.
Great info. Thanks for sharing this. I will pass it on.
marge

Ames, IA

#437978 May 5, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>

Of course, you'll get lots of protestant evangelical support for that here. They'll vote for same-sex marriage if they think it will thwart the Catholic Church.
not true.
marge

Ames, IA

#437979 May 5, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
So am I.
we have a rule that church leaders are to be married to one wife, and be faithful to her. Accountibility.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#437980 May 5, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, June....we know you're ticked off because Anthony pointed out that it was proven that the great majority of abuse was committed by homosexuals, and you have a homosexual agenda.
Is there any sect of Protestantism that hasn't married same sex couples?
By that, I mean, Confrints Pentecostal community hasn't. But the Pentecostal community in the next state has. Same with all of the rest. On one side of the street is different than the other. Its crazy.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#437981 May 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should actually click on the link and/or research the data. Not one verse of scripture in my post or links.
The report (and almost all other studies) confirm it was homosexual men who were responsible for almost all of the abuse. The vast majority of victims were pubescent and post-pubescent boys (not children in the physical sense). The homosexuals had serious psychological problems, but they were not attracted to the opposite sex.
I have spent 23 yrs+ counseling the sexually and ritualistically abused and perpetrators of sexual abuse. Some children when sexually abused, experience gender confusion as a result of their abuse. Others escape their pain through drug/alcohol abuse, cutting, or suicide attempts....From my work with perpetrators of sexual abuse, I have found a history of sexual abuse in their own lives usually exits. The abuser is acting out their own abuse perpetrated against them.
marge

Ames, IA

#437982 May 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, surely you can see how your celebacy rule fueled the abuse?
marge

Ames, IA

#437983 May 5, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen sister! I share your conviction. God is AWESOME indeed.
Hey Ella, dear confinting is a brother, his wife does post under his name but when she does she signs her name,(kay marie):)
Ella

Rockford, MI

#437984 May 5, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
So am I.
The bible is very clear about church disciple. And it doesn't say to send your priests to another parish where there is a great potential that they will commit the abuse again. Look, either we are going to follow God's Word or we are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Dixie Chickie 778,742
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min AussieBobby 265,476
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min UIDIOTRACEUMAKEWO... 4,918
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min Innocent Holy dr ... 605,355
Gay snapchat names 1 hr raye 180
Why the Lamborghini Aventador is FASTER than th... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
The King of '4-wheeled BEASTS'! 2 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 17 hr risque 137
More from around the web