Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,105)

Showing posts 422,081 - 422,100 of530,169
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll be on the east side of Vermilion the weekend after opener. Clam lake area is nice, used to drive through on the way to my base in the UP. Yes, I've heard the late spawn is going to make things quite interesting. Keep your fingers crossed!
I've been to the east side of Vermillion a few times. Tried the west side last year. I love that lake.
Clam isn't very good for fishing, but it'll do this year. Yellow lake is just 10 min north and is phenomenal, so there's always that option. Now I'm getting jacked up from talking about it! Maybe I'll go to Gander and look at some gear. Lol

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I see it Herm, why would any group of Bishops want one of their peers to have primacy over them??
They didn't! But they also knew that if they were going to have a religion that feigned unity, which would imply that a god ordained it ... they would have to also pretend they had a leader to which the god gave messages for the whole organization.

The fact that at one time there were three bishops "popes" (all trying to push each other off thrones), should indicate to you that they didn't give up their power to the head pope without a struggle.

Many bishops of the era would not conform and were excommunicated. It was the ugly stuff of men wanting to all be in control of the thinking of others.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Religion is NOT good.

Those who are gay simply want equal rights to heterosexuals, and that from my opinion, is what should occur.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Encyclopedia of Violence, Peace & Conflict … volume 2 ,,, Academic Press. Published 1999.

Patterns of Victimization

Christian fundamentalists in particular have used homosexuality as a primary organizing issue. Casting civil rights for homosexuals as “special rights” for perverts and child molesters, they have warned that homosexual proselytizers are “on the advance” against heterosexuals. Their militaristic rhetoric thus coats antihomosexual violence with a moralistic veneer. The Internet provides a far-reaching forum for dissemination of inflammatory propaganda through World Wide Web sites with titles such as “Homosexuals: A Clear and Present Danger to our children,”“AIDS and God’s Wrath,” and “The true Objective of ‘Gay Rights’: Total Domination.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Unity, to most people in religion means ... "We will unify when you see it my way."

It's as simple as that.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture is the written portion of Sacred Tradition. Lie #1 This statement is so stupid it does not warrant a response.
The Catholic Church came before the Bible. Lie #2 So the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH wrote the Bible. That will be news for the Jews.
The Bible came from the Catholic Church. Lie #3 No, the Bible came from God.
The NT was written by the Catholic Church for the Catholic Church. Lie #4.....Which of the New Testament writers claimed to be Roman Catholic?
Other than 4 lies what else do you have to offer?
Actually OldG, those things you called lies are quite accurate. It can be proven. All of Protestantland agreed to where the NT came from until the born again evangelical fanatics showed up fairly recently.
You gotta admit (privately anyway) that the only way you guys can have your religion, is to be ignorant.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

I suggest that Christians should study how very much their own beliefs resemble the beliefs of Islam.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Encyclopedia of Violence, Peace & Conflict … volume 2 ,,, Academic Press. Published 1999.

Religion and Justice in Islam

Islam distinguishes two types of war: harb and jihad. Jihad is war in defense of Islam. Harb is every other type of war. Lacking a religious motivation, harb (literally, war) is incapable of being “truly” just. It’s nonreligious, purely political, purposes render it suspect, even when otherwise just. Jihad (both the personal and political struggle to overcome evil) promises more than simple political gain. It promises a just and equitable polity built upon Islamic values. Peaceful missionary activities are of course preferred in the creation of Islamic polity, but, under certain conditions, war may be a necessary adjunct.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

way=jaw
visited dentis

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Many Christians are anxious for the religious war they hope will occur in the holy lands between the Jews (now the holy ones) and the Muslims (the evil ones)... and how the war will bring about the end of times, so Jesus will make his way to earth to take the saved Christians off to "heaven."

Nuttier than fruitcakes!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

moja glava bila je poput trnove krune sjedinjena sa tvojom..a ja sam ti vidila lice i kosu..bijelu sijedu kosu white hair as snowe=ancient..
my head is been united with your crown
i fill your pain like never before
i see your hair white as snow=ancient

tko je Kralj velike slave
otvorite vrata i nadvratnike svoje
da unidje Kralj Slave..

nice have white gry hair=wisdom..

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Followers of the religious arm of the hate movement, the Identity Church, are only “doing the work of God.” At Sunday services, they preach that White Anglo-Saxons are the true Israelites depicted in the Old Testament, God’s chosen people, while Jews are actually the children of Satan. They maintain that Jesus was not a Jew, but an ancestor of the White, northern European peoples. In their view, Blacks are “pre-Adamic,” a species lower than Whites. In fact, they claim that Blacks and other non-White groups are at the same spiritual level as animals and therefore have no souls.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion is NOT good.
Those who are gay simply want equal rights to heterosexuals, and that from my opinion, is what should occur.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Patterns of Victimization
Christian fundamentalists in particular have used homosexuality as a primary organizing issue. Casting civil rights for homosexuals as “special rights” for perverts and child molesters, they have warned that homosexual proselytizers are “on the advance” against heterosexuals. Their militaristic rhetoric thus coats antihomosexual violence with a moralistic veneer. The Internet provides a far-reaching forum for dissemination of inflammatory propaganda through World Wide Web sites with titles such as “Homosexuals: A Clear and Present Danger to our children,”“AIDS and God’s Wrath,” and “The true Objective of ‘Gay Rights’: Total Domination.
Should people who are sexually attracted to children, also have 'equal rights'?
Sexually attracted to dead things?
How about animals?

Remember, a 13 yr old is not a child in most countries.
My point is that, sexual attraction is not protected by constitutional rights. its just sex. Plus, there is much data that shows people aren't born gay.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to the east side of Vermillion a few times. Tried the west side last year. I love that lake.
Clam isn't very good for fishing, but it'll do this year. Yellow lake is just 10 min north and is phenomenal, so there's always that option. Now I'm getting jacked up from talking about it! Maybe I'll go to Gander and look at some gear. Lol
I have friends from NW Wisconsin, it is gorgeous, I just have a hard time hanging around those cheese heads! Ever been to Cabelas in Rogers? Great store. Yes, Vermilion is beautiful, one of my favorite lakes. Been going there did 20 years...never been skunked. The wife and I (more me than her) are thinking about a cabin for retirement...they'll have to get more shopping in Tower though. Lol.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

I see again two of them..two lovly golubicu i golubana..they watching me..yes
even birds can love each other as well watch very well better then anyone....they watching as well care..
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

I. AN APPRECIATION OF ORTHODOX SPIRITUALITY

Orthodox Christianity possesses the seven sacraments; valid ordination, the Real Presence, a reverential understanding of Sacred Tradition, apostolic succession, a profound piety, a great history of contemplative monastic spirituality, a robust veneration of Mary and the saints, and many other truly Christian attributes. Catholics (including myself) widely admire, in particular, the sense of the sacred and the beauty and grandeur of the Orthodox Divine Liturgy (which - it should be noted - is also present in the many Byzantine or Eastern Rites of the Catholic Church), as Thomas Howard eloquently illustrates:

When I walk into an Orthodox Church ... one is immediately aware that one has stepped into the presence of what St. Paul would call the whole family in heaven and earth. You have stepped into the precincts of heaven!... I love the Orthodox Church's spirit. I think the Orthodox Church many, many centuries ago, discovered a mode of music and worship which is timeless, which is quite apart from fashion, and which somehow answers to the mystery and the solemnity and the sacramental reality of the liturgy.

("A Conversation With Thomas Howard and Frank Schaeffer," The Christian Activist, Vol. 9, Fall/Winter 1996, p. 43)

In pointing out the differences between Orthodoxy and Catholicism, no disrespect is intended towards my Eastern brethren in Christ; this is simply a "comparison and contrast" for the purpose of educating inquirers who are interested in both Christian communions. My Catholic bias will be evident and should not come as a surprise to anyone. Nevertheless, I devoutly hope that I succeed in avoiding the shortcomings of triumphalism or lack of charity. And I certainly do not wish to misrepresent Orthodox views in any fashion. Catholics must believe that Orthodoxy is a part of the universal Church (commensurate with the Second Vatican Council and many recent papal encyclicals on ecumenism in general or Orthodoxy in particular). That fact alone precludes the justification of any condescension, animosity, or hostility, which is especially sinful amongst Christians (Galatians 6:10).
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/orthodoxy.ht...

Good read here...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

18 years not under age..not valide marrige according church..
not according ledership under 31 years..not mature to be leader..

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
National Catholic Reporter

Experts reject homosexuality as risk factor

(“Neither homosexual nor heterosexual orientation is a risk factor,” they said,“but rather, disordered or confused sexual orientation is a risk factor.”)

http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/vatican -...

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you would like to cast all of your church's problems on homosexuals.

You caught that blight from the words of your popes.

Shame on them and if you keep on with your ideas ... shame on you!

It's not nice to use religion to bully innocent people.

Pedophiles are not homosexuals or heterosexuals. They are pedophiles.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="June VanDerMark"
Nuttier than fruitcakes!!![/QUOTE]

YOU sure are June! In fact, you are the "trumpet section" that continues to "spew out" the "editorialized opinions" of one author, composer, or writer,(either) Protestant, atheist or agnostic opinion after another and then "lumping them all together" and arriving at your own "silly" (personal opinionateD nonsense). As I have told you before, for someone (your age), you certainly have learned "little or nothing" when it comes to discernment. You may have attained a substantial amount of intellect AND information, but "woefully lacking" WISDOM!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

i pray to united with you jesus did they strip someone..yes ..pray for accusers abusers and judges too..
now
did your bell put someone under spell
did wicket can have holy ticket
sram=mars
-postite
nejedite mrsna Srijedom i petkom
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you would like to cast all of your church's problems on homosexuals.
You caught that blight from the words of your popes.
Shame on them and if you keep on with your ideas ... shame on you!
It's not nice to use religion to bully innocent people.
Pedophiles are not homosexuals or heterosexuals. They are pedophiles.
The vast majority of abuse was done by homosexual priests and the victims were pubescent and post-pubescent boys. Very few occurrences of pedophilia.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 422,081 - 422,100 of530,169
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

354 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Hidingfromyou 223,228
BBM pins Toronto (Mar '12) 8 min this my pin 7DD61436 56
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Hidingfromyou 716,788
Hijacked jumbo jets in exchange for the sins of... 16 min Rosa_Winkel 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 27 min Epiphany2 598,777
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 58 min Tehee Candor 1,480
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr shyam 4,089
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 255,735
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000