Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678643 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just sayin

Nashville, TN

#438122 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Not to those who lived in Africa, which is believed by many scientists to be "the cradle of humankind."
I see your point

But to my knowledge, Africa did not have a system of paved roads and other technologies which made spreading the word easier.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438123 May 6, 2013
Furthermore, while belief in a "high god" is not universal, it is found in many parts of Africa and numerous other areas of the world.[10]

Indo-European religion

Two examples of monolatrism developing from polytheism are the Aten cult in the reign of the Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten, as well as the rise of Marduk from the tutelary of Babylon to the claim of universal supremacy.

In Zoroastrianism, Ahura Mazda appears as a supreme and transcendental deity. Depending on the date of Zoroaster (usually placed in the early Iron Age), this may be one of the earliest documented instances of the emergence of monism in an Indo-European religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotheism#Origi...
Just sayin

Nashville, TN

#438124 May 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just sayin"
So it's not "saved by faith alone", then.
Yes, it is by faith alone...but one who believes in Jesus, knows that He is of honorable character.
How can one say that they 'believe' in something, while living in disregard for that thing?
KayMarie
Very easily. It happens all the time. You say you "believe in Jesus", yet you don't believe He said what He meant and meant what He said each and every time He made a statement.

Prince George, Canada

#438125 May 6, 2013
Yes, it is by faith alone...but one who believes in Jesus, knows that He is of honorable character.
Then it is only fair that a Muslim shall also be saved by faith alone in the divinity of Mohammed and in the one and only Allah ... who favors only Muslims.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#438126 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thanks for explaining. I do agree that most Christians have the same high opinion of their selves in the idea that they are saved from what tarnishes other, and that is what I have "against" religion.
If you think I have a "high opinion" of myself, then you are wrong. I've a very humble person for the most part.

But, then again, its only an opinion and doesn't mean diddley.

;o)

Prince George, Canada

#438127 May 6, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your point
But to my knowledge, Africa did not have a system of paved roads and other technologies which made spreading the word easier.
My guess is, the hairy ones that had all they could do to survive every-day life, didn't pave any roads ... although they might have perceived that they were theologians who knew what the gods punished and what the gods rewarded.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#438128 May 6, 2013
who="Just sayin"
How can one say that they 'believe' in something, while living in disregard for that thing?
KayMarie
Did you stop sinning after you professed your faith in Jesus (or the bible, not sure anymore with you folks)?

Albuquerque, NM

#438129 May 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
Am I misinterpretting?
A contrary account, with much missing in the Gospel of Judas, to the Bible, doesn't seem to be very trustworthy.
Since most people "sense" something greater than themselves(even if in denial), no secret is held by any person, or group.
Ah yes, what is "trustworthy"....and what is not.

Who get's to determine what I get to believe? You? Men of 2000 years ago? Men of 1700+ years ago?

Who?

A: No one except me. That is my "God" given right.

Cheers.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#438130 May 6, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
8God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. 10For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Albuquerque, NM

#438131 May 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the wordiest dodge I've read in some time.
If you can't establish the premise of your arguments, just say "I can't" or "I won't".
And your answer is exactly what most Catholics do - divert.

Prince George, Canada

#438132 May 6, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Very easily. It happens all the time. You say you "believe in Jesus", yet you don't believe He said what He meant and meant what He said each and every time He made a statement.
I suggest that if some Catholic bozo said that a man named Jesus said anything whatsoever ... chances are better than not that the bozo was lying.

:)

Albuquerque, NM

#438133 May 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
You sound like a literate Marge or a literate GIF.
"I believe what I believe, the HS is guiding me and not you. etc."
Hilarious.
Self.
The HS must not be guiding you, you haven't posted anything with
substance to show you are.

Like I said - bummer for you.
youtube

AOL

#438134 May 6, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Prince George, Canada

#438135 May 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think I have a "high opinion" of myself, then you are wrong. I've a very humble person for the most part.
But, then again, its only an opinion and doesn't mean diddley.
;o)
Yes ... it's all opinion and opinion is not to be confused with taking ownership of truth.

Prince George, Canada

#438136 May 6, 2013
If a creator just happens to exist, I will want an explanation from him of why non-human forms of life were created to suffer.

I suggest the creator will hang his "invisible" head in shame! If he doesn't ... he should.

Tongue-in-cheek

As I play out in my garden, I can't help but notice the angle-worms that suffer and die because I disrupted their lives in order to grow the things that please my lusts to survive.

It truly is a dog-eat-dog world.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#438137 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, the hairy ones that had all they could do to survive every-day life, didn't pave any roads ... although they might have perceived that they were theologians who knew what the gods punished and what the gods rewarded.
They probably did think they knew. Isn't it human nature to try to find answers?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#438138 May 6, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
Then it is only fair that a Muslim shall also be saved by faith alone in the divinity of Mohammed and in the one and only Allah ... who favors only Muslims.

Mohammed was only a man...a very violent and immoral one; he can't save anyone.

KM

Prince George, Canada

#438139 May 6, 2013
I suggest that it was human lust for survival that created religion.

It's human nature to want more and more comforts.

Religion to the greedy signifies that more life and better life is yet to come ... but only for those deserving OF the comforts ... which of course always reverts back to the devout believers who place the utmost faith in their own dogmas.

Religion is all about human greed.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#438140 May 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
8God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. 10For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
Matthew 16
26 For what doth it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his own soul? Or what exchange shall a man give for his soul?

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels: and then will he render to every man according to his works.

Romans 2
6 (God) Who will render to every man according to his works.

7 To them indeed, who according to patience in good work, seek glory and honour and incorruption, eternal life:

8 But to them that are contentious, and who obey not the truth, but give credit to iniquity, wrath and indignation.

9 Tribulation and anguish upon every soul of man that worketh evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Greek.

10 But glory, and honour, and peace to every one that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Prince George, Canada

#438141 May 6, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
Mohammed was only a man...a very violent and immoral one; he can't save anyone.
KM
He was a man who promised Paradise to those who put complete faith in his words.

Words are all that are NEEDED by fools who place faith in words.

The Christians killed each other for centuries over believing they owned the words that gave them truth.

You will see the lies in your own religion, when you stop choosing to be blinded by them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2,204
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min nanoanomaly 118,654
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 184,825
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr worthless crap 46,208
The Catholic and Moslem debate 2 hr worthless crap 3
white supremacist freemasons 2 hr worthless crap 6
Stop Global GENOCIDE for OIL 3 hr UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
More from around the web