Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,866
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437295 May 3, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
nope, we believed and celebrated communion.
Communing with crackers and grape juice.
truth

Perth, Australia

#437296 May 3, 2013
again

i hear now again but deference big melodic much more clear two times
who ever need Mercy
Heavenly bell

Since: Nov 08

usa

#437297 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Men will be men, as they play the part of gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
The former wife of Joseph P. Kennedy II has won a decade-old appeal to the Vatican to reverse the decision that voided their 12-year marriage in the eyes of the church.
Sheila Rauch Kennedy, whose book about the congressman's aggressive pursuit of the annulment helped to end his political career, said yesterday that she feels vindicated by the reversal, which means that the Roman Catholic Church considers the couple still married -- despite the civil dissolution of their marriage 16 years ago. In 1993, Kennedy was remarried, to his former aide, Beth Kelly, in a civil ceremony.
"When you try to defend your marriage, the army that comes after you is pretty brutal," Rauch Kennedy said yesterday from her Cambridge home. "You're accused of being a vindictive ex-wife, an alcoholic bigot, an idiot."
Rauch Kennedy said she learned of the decision in May, when she was notified by the Archdiocese of Boston. She has since learned that the ruling, which had to be translated from Latin, had actually come down in 2005.
"The [annulment] process was very dishonest and it was a process in which I was being bullied," said Rauch Kennedy, referring to her treatment by the church. "But I was very lucky. I had help from outside of the Archdiocese. Otherwise I wouldn't have known about appealing to Rome and how to do it. I feel for the people who don't get help."
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/200...
rauch was on a local tv show which detailed more as to what was going on,her children was her main condern,but when you fight someone with a powerful name and a lot of money and having the church lined up against you,your in for one hell of a fight and i'm glad to see she won.
truth

Perth, Australia

#437299 May 3, 2013
heavenly bell in my ear..

i will sleep again floor

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
my father
my father
i love my father
my tears
my father
my father
i love my father
my tears
ohh its killing meeeeeeeeee

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#437300 May 3, 2013
Even as a child I was suspicious of preachers that suggested a god would favor some and shun and punish others.

It seemed that they were saying they were better than others and that's why "god" chose them.

Religion is not nice. It's not nice at all. Any teaching that divides people into groups to fight with each other is not based on anything of value.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#437301 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Jesus lived, according to the theology he would have turned his back on his "faithful" Jews to leave them high and dry by starting the Catholic religion.
Stupid stuff in deed.
hon, rome started the catholic religion, not Jesus.

all you'll be responsible for is reading and understanding the gospels, and there will be a test!:)

Terrace, Canada

#437302 May 3, 2013
I don't believe that people are evil. It seems more plausible to me that people are damaged by traumatic experiences in their lives.

I watched a program yesterday about a young man being killed by an accident. The mother told her remaining son that the wrong son got killed.

I can't even imagine the trauma felt by the remaining son. It would be comparable to a knife being stuck in his heart.

He ended up later in life being a serial killer, stabbing knives in other people's hearts.

Terrace, Canada

#437303 May 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop being so silly.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#437304 May 3, 2013
Today at High Schools around Florida, Christian student groups will be giving out Bibles.

At the same schools, secular humanist groups will be giving out humanist literate at High Schools as well.

Isn't freedom great.

Terrace, Canada

#437305 May 3, 2013
My guess it, it was not by chance that homosexuals such as Jeffry Dahmer. John Wayne Gasy and others ended up as serial killers.

Being taught by religious parents that homosexuals are evil offenders of a god, plants nasty seeds in the minds of vulnerable children.

Many homosexuals committed suicide by turning the hatred in on their selves ... but others turned the hatred out on society.

Religion is not good.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#437306 May 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
all you'll be responsible for is reading and understanding the gospels, and there will be a test!:)
Many people read the Gospels.

How many people agree on what they say?

At least we agree on at least 95% of mankind's religious dogma.

Let us rejoice in so much agreement.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437307 May 3, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, they think they are under the old covenant where they must continually sacrifice for redemption
No. You are wrong. Catholics believe Christ's sacrifice was once and for all. When Catholics attend Mass they are entering again into this ever present Sacrifice. It is the people who come and go into and out of this moment, not the people repeating the Sacrifice.
Hopefully you are imaginative enough to get the picture.

Terrace, Canada

#437308 May 3, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
Today at High Schools around Florida, Christian student groups will be giving out Bibles.
At the same schools, secular humanist groups will be giving out humanist literate at High Schools as well.
Isn't freedom great.
My hope is that some day humans will shed religion and learn that the freedom to think without theologians being allowed to confuse the thinking, it is a gift that one gives the self.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437309 May 3, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Really is that what you think about when you take communion that it's the literal body and blood of Jesus?
I think about his sacrifice on the cross and thank him.
And what was nailed to the cross?
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437310 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says .
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Question ...
If you are not symbolically sacrificing JESUS each time you practice
transubstantiation
WHERE DOES THE FLESH AND BLOOD COME FROM ..THAT YOU SUPPOSEDLY EAT AND DRINK...
Comes from Jesus, duh. Who else?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#437311 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
As her following poem indicated ... from a very early age my daughter wanted to leave the earth and her body. She had three major operations by the time she was seven years of age ... and neither her emotional, nor her physical suffering was going to end ... so she ended it herself.
She believed she was going to the "light."
If takes a cold-hearted person to harshly judge those who commit suicide.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
With The Eagle.
I long with the eagle, on swift silent wing
To glide o’er the earth and of freedom to sing
Released from the bonds of this earthbound plight
To master the grace of his effortless flight
To ravish the glorious sunrise unfurled
From high on a cliff, at the top of the world
To observe far below, life’s dramas unfold
To hold in your grasp nature’s mysteries untold
Silence descends as day draws to a close
Westward the sun hangs in hazy repose
Suspended within a rosy-hued sky
The eagle is solemn, with watchful eye
Though my body be bound by earthly ties
In mind and spirit with the eagle I rise
To ponder the drama of life far below
Wild and free with the eagle I go
so sorry to hear about your daughter,you have my deepest sympathies,wish i could do or say something to help you.

Terrace, Canada

#437312 May 3, 2013
Not once by anyone in my childhood was I given the impression that I could ask if it was possible that a god didn't exist.

My parents were very kind to me, but I knew that they both put all their faith in the idea that the universe was indeed created.

I never thought to even entertain the idea that it was just possible the universe never had a beginning, but rather always existed.

Such was the religious culture in which I was raised.

Now that I am out of religion, I can ask those questions, knowing that, and being comfortable with, the idea that I don't know the answers.

What a relief.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#437313 May 3, 2013
Love is the most necessary of all virtues. Love in the person who preaches the word of God is like fire in a musket. If a person were to throw a bullet with his hands, he would hardly make a dent in anything; but if the person takes the same bullet and ignites some gunpowder behind it, it can kill. It is much the same with the word of God. If it is spoken by someone who is filled with the fire of charity- the fire of love of God and neighbor- it will work wonders."
-St. Anthony Mary Claret

Terrace, Canada

#437314 May 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>so sorry to hear about your daughter,you have my deepest sympathies,wish i could do or say something to help you.
Thank you. I am totally at peace that her suffering is over. That is what is most important to me.

At her memorial I spoke on how I believed in the love of "god."

Now, I believe that if a god exists, the god is not merciful and not loving. So I make no more excuses to defend ridiculous dogma.

I just hope she's at peace as are all others that die natural deaths, or from suicide or murder ... and leave it that way.

I create peace in my own way ... no theological nonsense allowed.

Terrace, Canada

#437315 May 3, 2013
Guessing about issues we don't understand is philosophy.

Theologians try to maintained they don't philosophize, but rather tell truth that they have solved the mysteries that science could never solve.

They missed their calling. They should have been comedians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Corina Fernandez 608,148
Why do black children behave worse in school th... (Sep '10) 20 min BravoDelta 365
I'm white but don't like white women? (Jan '10) 46 min Ashwini 117
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? 49 min Rosa_Winkel 14
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 809,247
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 268,860
Moses never existed 2 hr Insults Are Easier 1,277
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr velvet ant 97,875
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 8 hr Jack 18
More from around the web