Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 636749 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Arnaudville, LA

#437068 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Once a theologian claims he knows that the universe was created ... not a word of his religious theories can be trusted after THAT first lie.
There is no humility in the claim of theologians bragging that they know what is totally beyond human ability TO know.
They are all self-glorified trouble-making fortune-tellers, and nothing more.
June VanDerMark:

I hope what you said, you also think is true of philosophers and scientists?
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437069 May 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ did no such thing!!!!!
The history of the Romans persecuting, Christians, and not Catholics is well documented and you know it: Excerpt:
In its first three centuries, the Christian church endured regular (though not constant) persecution at the hands of Roman authorities. This experience, and its resulting martyrs and apologists, would have significant historical and theological consequences for the developing faith.
References

(Blah blah blah)

Logic says: you can't prosecute Catholics that are that there!!!!
Logic says Ox can't form a logical thought.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#437070 May 2, 2013
Theology number two

And Jesus preached in the Jewish temple ... "Before you can follow in my footsteps, you have to first follow the Catholic faith, and if you ask me why ... well, it's because the Catholics wrote the theology to suit their own wills and they wrote it that way ... so don't blame me."

Prince George, Canada

#437071 May 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I hope what you said, you also think is true of philosophers and scientists?
Theologians ARE philosophers.

Prince George, Canada

#437072 May 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Perhaps you might be more comfortable with an apophatic theology?
It may be of some interest:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophatic_theolo...
I like my own philosophy thanks.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437073 May 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
now - what will be YOUR argument when you stand before Jesus? i'm just trying to prep you for your big day in court:)
You don't even know there will be a "big day", yet claim it to be truth.

According to NDEs, the only judgment that occurs, is a "being of light" ASKS a question (in some form):

"what have you done with your life?"

or

"How do you think your life went?"

As you can see, it isn't "God" or Jesus judging us, it is ourselves.

The power of Self.

Why don't you believe Jesus?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437074 May 2, 2013
June:

"I believe that if there just happens to be a creator, that creator would not be supportive of the words of any theologians."

....we should believe you, but theologians are full of crap simply by your say so?

Anything else you "believe" the creator would or wouldn't be supportive of?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437075 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I like my own philosophy thanks.
No kidding.

"I believe that if there just happens to be a creator, that creator would not be supportive of the words of any theologians."

Well, that sews it up for the rest of us, doesn't it?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#437076 May 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
History shows that the pagan Roman empire persecuted Christians who called themselves Catholic. Can you cite any historical references of Christians who referred to themselves as protestant?
What does that have to do with the proven historical record I showed you regards the Christians, not Catholics, because thee were none, being persecuted some three hundred years after Christ declared He would build His church!!!!!
Ella

Rockford, MI

#437077 May 2, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor any citation here.
He asked for a citation.
Acts 11:26
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.(God's Word - the Bible)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437078 May 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
History shows that the pagan Roman empire persecuted Christians who called themselves Catholic. Can you cite any historical references of Christians who referred to themselves as protestant?
Off-topic.

Do you have a question that is on-topic?

Prince George, Canada

#437079 May 2, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>

One's religion is special to an adherent of that religion
Many stories were told of saviors that were expected to come in the flesh to earth ... and those faithful ones were as hopeful of being carted off to some blissful state of being in a hereafter as are the Christians and Muslims and Jews of today.

It's odd that after a while people don't catch on that the same tales told again and again with no results are simply not trustworthy.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437080 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Some other religions have lasted thousands more years than Christianity and are still going strong. Your religion is not special ... except to you and those of like mind.
That doesn't remove the fact that the CC has survived and thrived for 2000 years despite being attacked (viciously) on all sides and even from within.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437081 May 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with the proven historical record I showed you regards the Christians, not Catholics, because thee were none, being persecuted some three hundred years after Christ declared He would build His church!!!!!
Christendom was Catholic until the reformation.

Location hidden

#437082 May 2, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor any citation here.
He asked for a citation.
He got one....have him read it...

Location hidden

#437083 May 2, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic says Ox can't form a logical thought.
You can't refute the absolute truth....so you do what you do best...act silly...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437084 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Many stories were told of saviors that were expected to come in the flesh to earth ... and those faithful ones were as hopeful of being carted off to some blissful state of being in a hereafter as are the Christians and Muslims and Jews of today.
It's odd that after a while people don't catch on that the same tales told again and again with no results are simply not trustworthy.
"No results"? Recall that Christians believe that Christ has come once already and will return.

Is there a "results timetable" you've arrived at that we should all review?
Human Being

Arnaudville, LA

#437086 May 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll agree with this point - history is being rewritten everyday.
As for evolution - it happens.
i.e.
- Man has evolved from using hand tools of sticks and stones to computers and machines.
- The use of medicine in humans
- driving vehicles versus walking or horse and buggy
Evolution exists in these facts. It is those who skip the semanitics of something that causes the confusion.
An example of how semantics have been skipepd over in relationship to this thread:
- men decided upon only a certian amouont of texts of Jesus, thus placing their rules upon how one should believe, instead of accepting all of the teachings by Jesus and understand them as a whole.
BTW - my post you responded to, had nothing to do with me arguing evolution.
In truth - I believe we we seeded on this planet by extra-terrestrial beings - like the Sumerians wrote about.
So human evolution from monkeys, for me, is plausible, but still unlikely.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

You may be "caught" between the beginning and the end of the story.

This is what I believe:

Life on this planet originally was manifest in all its forms. Soon some of these forms began dying off. What we see now are remnants. There are no new forms, only adaptations to existing lifeforms.(For instance my skin grows dark when I am exposed to the sun.) But I am a human being. Human beings were always human beings. Animals were always animals. Plants were always plants. Insects always insects. Microbes always microbes.

As some of the old forms died, others expanded and filled in and became more numerous.

It is hard for some to think that life began everywhere, and easier to explain that it came from somewhere else.

This is what I believe.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437087 May 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
He got one....have him read it...
I didn't see the citation for your post.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#437088 May 2, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't remove the fact that the CC has survived and thrived for 2000 years despite being attacked (viciously) on all sides and even from within.
The bible tells us that the anti-christ will be with us until Jesus returns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 618,113
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min spinosaurus baryo... 27,467
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min Lbj 104,172
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min Highest Commandment 44,015
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 14 min Slurpz3205 18,598
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 16 min Slurpee9170 3,546
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min RiversideRedneck 968,630
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 22 min Jemz1115 4,682
More from around the web