Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670208 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#437015 May 2, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Both Stanley and I do NOT dislike LL...Black people.
It's just that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to comeUP with the REAL numbers that only confirms that MOST wrongs being committed in the WholeWideWorld today are being committed by Mostly Black people.
Everywhere.
You need to get out into the world to see that Black people are the Most racist people on our Pale Blue Dot.
Ps:..Why!!!...are you black???
Go Figure
Thanks for the honesty.

No, I'm tan but not black. I believe I have different life experiences. I played sports with blacks. A black man saved my life once. I guess I'm not as prone to that kind of bigotry.

Thanks for helping to make my point.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#437016 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I at one time admired Mother Theresa, until nuns that worked in her care for many years and finally left wrote their perceptions of the organization. There were others who saw the institution for what it represented, not what the Catholic church wanted it to represent.
And then there were Mother Teresa's own words that stood out as her own worst enemy. Her hypocrisy, her wish to be a saint and leave "heaven" to come back to earth to rescue "sinners" from darkness.
She was bogged down in indoctrination to the point of admiring the suffering of others. Yet when she was dying, she went to a hospital to receive the best of medical care.
I have no respect for what her religion laid on her in order to turn her into a very sick and unhappy woman.
THERE are always variables to everything we humans do.WHO on earth is perfect June? I doubt that Mother Teresa @ the ripe old age of 80plus died unhappy.She was sick,as our bodies are frail,imagine her's living in the sultry climate,and bogged down with the many demands of her ORDER,it takes its tole.

The many books written about her,and wondering why she seemed faithless in the end all fail to realize one thing about the good sister, she never left her vocation,she confided in other good men and women of faith,and she confessed her greatest fears to a priest who no doubt loved her soul and was more than able to understand her desire to serve the Master even though it seemed so harsh.

On the other hand disgruntled nuns and priests,brothers and laity can be found in every organization,and yes many of their concerns are plausible.

People are bound by their natures,no matter how hard they fight to clear their own slate.Human flaw is going to be with us I believe in the eternal life as well,as we will have to be taught by the Lord Himself the best alternative to our thinking.Our brains will not all of a sudden be extricably holy,but we will see that our example of Christ is before us in true reality,and we can learn from HIM,in Person.

I am not one to condone evil action or rebelliousness within the ranks,but understandably human beings often have concerns that are not recognized by all those around them,I see that every day at work,and in church,and everywhere else people live,act,work and continue in this daily discourse of life.

Human error and ambitions never cease,in the most deprived of societies to the ultimately rich,people strive for control over others.Edu cation is wonderful but it is also not a deterrent to the ambitious strivings of human beings.Edu cation can never neutralize the human will to ambitious pursuit.

The flaws in Mother Teresa's community are as apparent as the human beings it comprises of.We"ALL HAVE sinned and come short of the glory of GOD."

We are all born with a nature to sin and cause problems for both ourselves and others.NO one has a perfect soul.Mother Teresa,sought her Lord,and lived her best in Him,and she admitted that no matter how close to HIM she was,she still sinned,and prayed continually to walk close to HIM,to keep herself in toe.

All people who realize they are sinners and in need of help from above,are the happiest,say what you want,but I know few believers who live in constant fear and trepidation,but rather know that when they sin,they have an ADVOCATE with the Father through Christ.It is humbling but we are constantly getting UP,not laying down in our error,and falws.We do not remain down to grovel,but we are lifted up by a holy and Divine S A V I O R who cares and knows our condition of soul.

There is much to be said June, for a clear conscience,a conscience healed by the love of a Creator,who created us all to find HIM,who knows us best.You are lost in the woods dear one,I hope you find a way,a path to the entrance of a clearing that is illuminated by the very Creator you are bound and determined to reject!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437017 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your opinion.
You are welcome.

Carry on.

;o)
Pad

Fishers, IN

#437018 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.
A historical view of the divinity of Jesus Christ.
A most fatal distrust is thrown upon the miraculous portions of the history of Jesus Christ, as found in his Gospel narratives, by the discovery of the fact (brought to light through recent archaeological researches), that the same marvelous feats, the same miraculous incidents, which were recorded in his life, were long previously ingrafted into the sacred biographies of Gods and demigods no less adored and worshipped as beings possessing divine attributes.
Counterfeits do not annul the fact that there is NOT in fact ONE true reality,of the one,the counterfeits are mimmicking.

NO evidence of counterfeits replace the real McCoy!

Albuquerque, NM

#437019 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Because on forums we don't see body language, facial expressions, or tones of voice, it is easy to take the wrong meaning from what people post.
It I took the wrong meaning from what you intended, when you didn't mean it as an insult, I apologize.
I've assumed wrong before, and I expect I'll do it again. But it's not on purpose. It's simply that I don't get it right.
Sorry.
No worries and I appreciate your candidness and apology.

I'm always open for questions of clarity, if you don't quite understand something I post.

Cheers!
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#437020 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you. Your intent was plain. You knew my daughter committed suicide and you put her poem on to get a response from me. Your method was underhanded and cruel.
Had you been up front you would have made it plain to begin with that my daughter wrote that poem ... but you added your own words at the end as a message to me ... "Be kind" as though that was part of her poem.
By how you behaved, were not kind in any sense of the word.
June VanDerMark:

You need not believe me. I did know your daughter committed suicide, but did not mention it, as at this time, you may not desire to discuss it.

But I thought the poems you wrote were very touching to the heart. And I would like to hear more of them, if ever you decide to write them.

I am so glad some have responded to your own revelation that she did commit suicide, with kind thoughts. And that you accepted them.

Be kind.

My son twice tried to commit suicide.

And I have thought about it, when I suffered for a year with back pain. I could not lay down, sit, or stand for more than 20 minutes without excruciating pain. The painkillers were so strong, I couldn't function. In my mind, I thought, if the operation I had, did not relieve some of the pain, I would rather be dead.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#437021 May 2, 2013
Turn humans loose in religion and many will fight to the death in the claim that they know the one and only truth of the hereafter and that THEY will be the ones favored by the gods.

More serial killers were leaders of religions than can ever be counted, and they waxed proud in the claims of owning truth, as their swords "mean"while dripped with the blood of victims.

For the most part it seems the only thing we learn from history is how to keep repeating the same patterns and then wondering why the results are always the same.

Albuquerque, NM

#437022 May 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus founded the Catholic Church. Why do you think His Church should be called a cult?
No - texts were written about Jesus, and men decided upon which teachings that should be used, in the catholic church they formed.

In Jesus' world, he taugh much more than what Catholics utilize.

Wanna rephrase your statement?

Quesnel, Canada

#437023 May 2, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries and I appreciate your candidness and apology.
I'm always open for questions of clarity, if you don't quite understand something I post.
Cheers!
Thank you, and I appreciate your acknowledgment.

Quesnel, Canada

#437024 May 2, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Counterfeits do not annul the fact that there is NOT in fact ONE true reality,of the one,the counterfeits are mimmicking.
NO evidence of counterfeits replace the real McCoy!
But the question you maybe should ask of your self, is if you believe that other people's religions are counterfeit, why do you not believe your own is counterfeit?

That is the question I asked my self that finally made me realize that my belief was not special to anyone but me.

Quesnel, Canada

#437025 May 2, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text> for a clear conscience,a conscience healed by the love of a Creator,
Many people in religion have no active conscience. If they did, they would not kill to defend religious dogmas. They would ask questions of the dogmas and state in the affirmative. "I shouldn't be killing others just because they want their own beliefs to fit for their selves."

People didn't and many still don't honor that freedom of expression in others.

Like spoiled tantrum-throwing children they demand that others believe as they believe, or die.

How crazy is that ... to fight to the death over defending myths???

Quesnel, Canada

#437026 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
No - texts were written about Jesus, and men decided upon which teachings that should be used, in the catholic church they formed.
I agree. Even had Jesus existed, which I don't believe occurred ... it would have been long after his death that the Catholics started writing supposed quotes uttered by the supposed savior of ONLY those of the Catholic faith.

I could swear right now that one of my deceased neighbors said such and such and such, and make up the most flamboyant story, and my neighbor would not be able to come to her own defend and say "I never would have said something of the sort! You made that up!!!"

And who would know that I had just made up a huge lie?

Quesnel, Canada

#437027 May 2, 2013
defence

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#437028 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I can't figure out why the god of the Jews that created evil didn't smite those ex-Jew Catholic traitors for telling such obnoxious lies.
Maybe he understood and felt compassion in the idea that the Catholics wanted him replaced with a Catholic god, but just didn't know how to go about it ... with that one-god dogma getting in their way.
:)
Read the Bible. I believe it states how many from the families of Israel will go to heaven.

Location hidden

#437029 May 2, 2013
Lexis123 wrote:
I respect the Catholic church.. But there is no process to prove this. What about the first churches that existed before Catholism existed?
There is only one Church. That is the body of Believers that believe in Christ Jesus as their savior. Denomination, church buildings, or even the Vadican is not a church, they are church buildings or groups that have departed the teachings of the bible.

Quesnel, Canada

#437030 May 2, 2013
Common sense should indicate to those with active consciences that a faithful Jew would have no reason to start a new religion. He would however try to straighten out those who yearned to wander away and start a new religion by encouraging them to come back to the Jewish fold.

Catholicism would never have entered the mind of a faithful Jew, even HAD Jesus existed.

It just would NOT occur.

Quesnel, Canada

#437031 May 2, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Read the Bible. I believe it states how many from the families of Israel will go to heaven.
ONLY if they become Christians ... and Catholic Christians to be specific.

Yet the supposed savior was a Jew.

If you keep telling your self lies, you won't see anything other than the lies.

Meycauayan, Philippines

#437032 May 2, 2013
If thats so then saying that they are the only true Church is a biased opinion. Its like your mother telling you you are the most gorgeous in the world even if you are not. :)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#437033 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
In Jesus' world, he taugh much more than what Catholics utilize.
Wanna rephrase your statement?
Not really. We know the who, what, where, when and whys of the Church. We know what they taught and how those teachings came to be. None of the protestants, gnostics or agnostics/atheists can say that about their beliefs.

Quesnel, Canada

#437034 May 2, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>There is only one Church.
Maybe if you refer to the word synagogue rather than church, you will better understand that had Jesus lived, he would have been a faithful rabbi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 99,815
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Rider on the Storm 980,047
the new gay skype 12 min thedarkone40 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min WildWeirdWillie 184,264
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,135
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Evanka Dump 286,442
Wife is gonna experience another man Sunday. 10 hr The Guy 1
More from around the web