Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,050)

Showing posts 420,981 - 421,000 of512,275
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Annulment is an ecclesiastical name that the Roman Catholic religious system calls divorce.
An annulment like a divorce creates an situation like and earthquake that sends it's devastating faults out across the region, AND CAUSES PAIN AND DEVISTATION TO EVERY ONE IT TOUCHES.
The Roman Catholic religious system in its arrogance ....again has attempted to reverse the stated will of God...
The Bible says
Mal 2:14 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.
Mal 2:15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.
Mal 2:16 ===> For the LORD, THE GOD OF ISTAEL, SAITH THAT HE HATETH PUTTING AWAY: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.
Mal 2:17 Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?
JESUS SAID
Mat_5:31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
Mat_5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
Mat_19:3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
Mat_19:7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
Mat_19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
Mat_19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
THEY WILL HAVE HELL TO PAY... FOR DISOBEYING GOD...
I didn't realize how far same sex marriage has gone in Protestant la la land. I Google Pentecostal ones, and it seems your religion is already doing it. Interesting. Its just a matter of time before Catholics are the only ones left standing (again). You guys were all with us on Contraception until the 1930's. Now there is no Protestant group that teaches their Congragants that its interfering with the author of life, God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Or in the case of my brothers wedding (Evangelical and Jehovah Witness) he was drunk and his groomsmen were stumbling around too. The Judge thought it was funny.
It was a 'hook up' between two people. Not a Holy Sacrament. The Catholic Church won't recognize that as a valid marriage. Its no wonder the Protestant world is confused when it comes to same sex marriage.
I remember my wedding. The Church said, if they detect any alcohol prior to the Wedding Mass, they'll cancel it.
I remember my wedding. The Church said, if they detect any alcohol prior to the Wedding Mass, they'll cancel it.

~~~~

YET IT WAS ALRIGHT TO DRINK WINE (alcohol) IN THE CEREMONY ....RIGHT

OR WERE YOU SERVED.."THE FRUIT OF THE VINE" IN-FERMENTED GRAPE JUICE

AS JESUS USED IN THE UPPER ROOM WHEN HE GAVE IT TO HIS APOSTLES...

YOUR DOUBLE STANDARD OF RITUALS NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

who="Regina"
You have no patience with something that you do not understand and, frankly, is none of your business. You have no patience with it because it is of the Catholic Church and you are quite obviously an anti-Catholic bigot. No surprise there.
God does not join together a couple who has no intention of having children. God does not join together a couple who have no intention of remaining faithful to their vows or who are unable to do so for certain specific reasons. All of this must be proven. Church annulments are not given simply because people apply for them.
If you read the link I posted, you would know this.
But you didn't.
You never do.
Because you are interested only in spreading lies about the Catholic Church.
Not in learning the truth.
You have lots of company on this board, which is why you are here.
You enjoy being confirmed in your lies. I'm very sorry for you.
2 Why must a divorced Catholic complete a complicated Church annulment process before remarrying?
"Jesus himself had strong words about marriage. The Catholic Church believes it has a responsibility to follow the words of Christ, both in teaching and in practice. Jesus gave a quite blunt answer to those who raised the issue of marriage and divorce.
The complicated process of annulment then is a response to the strength of this teaching. The Church presumes that marriages are binding and lifelong. The annulment process helps to determine if something essential was missing from the couple—s relationship from the beginning that prevented the sacramental union that the couple promised to each other."
http://www.americancatholic.org/newsletters/c...

I listened to a discussion about how that abortionists put a baby born alive into a toxic substance to stop its breathing (kill it).
The pro-choice woman adamantly insisted that it was not a baby. It was breathing. It was alive; clearly not a 'blob of tissue', but she refused to believe it.

No ceremony makes a marriage; it only provides for its defense in a lawful society. When a man and a woman have sex, they are JOINED physically and spiritually before God. Anyone who defiles that union...or breaks it...is guilty before God. No 'church' can do otherwise.

Your 'argument' will be considered more seriously when you cease the ugly name-calling.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

who="Regina"
BTW, the article does not say a marriage can be dissolved.
No marriage can be dissolved and the Church does not teach this or attempt to do this.
"The Church presumes that marriages are binding and lifelong."

The article DID say so. If the CC 'presumes that marriages are binding and lifelong', why do they continue to annul them?

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

who="Oxbow" 552

And....Scripture does not support the practice of issuing annulments. This is a man made thing...and, therefore is un Christian...
There is one circumstance in a marriage that allows for a divorce...Catholic have to ignore it so they can "annul" marriages, that accordding to them, never was!!!!!!!
Mt 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

That verse should open some eyes. Marriage is not just a piece of paper.
KM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

who="Regina"
I'm not surprised you feel no shame. You're a fundie, right?
LOL.....

SHE feels no shame ??? You call a woman a liar because she shares a VERY painful experience, and you want to shame her?
I read a story just like hers in a respectable national magazine (not a tabloid).

KM
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

God is full of Mercy..if not like that today i am not be alive..no.
In this life i still walking trough street as every day I do.
Looks funny..no..you are wrong..our lovely God is full of joy..if you have problem our politician can be indipendent for make decision as well in life all of us..Jesus is number one the best and only one who do that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Regina"
BTW, the article does not say a marriage can be dissolved.
No marriage can be dissolved and the Church does not teach this or attempt to do this.
"The Church presumes that marriages are binding and lifelong."
The article DID say so. If the CC 'presumes that marriages are binding and lifelong', why do they continue to annul them?
KayMarie
~~~

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM... THINKS THEY ARE GOD.

They think that they have the authority to add their evil practices to God's word..

PLAYING GOD WILL REAP IT'S OWN CONSEQUENCES..IN THE FLAMES OF HELL

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

who="Clay"
I didn't realize how far same sex marriage has gone in Protestant la la land. I Google Pentecostal ones, and it seems your religion is already doing it. Interesting. Its just a matter of time before Catholics are the only ones left standing (again). You guys were all with us on Contraception until the 1930's. Now there is no Protestant group that teaches their Congragants that its interfering with the author of life, God.

I know of NO Pentecostal group that approves same sex marriage...and I'm pretty familiar with them.

And you already know that "I" do not approve of it.

My mom and dad had fifteen children. I don't know a Catholic family that can say that today. Wonder how that could happen if you are anti-contraceptive?

KM
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

I told you..door become open by themself..how i fly in i don't know..then i see empty church..'white altar'
i remember that..then i remember i stop near altar..then i remember its right side where i stop..then see just tiny myself i look toward altar..then i fill its pool me oh after altar..then i see after altar myself in white dreess..yes long white dress so full and with long white dress as priest after Altar..
Asked holy Spirit where lead me.
who where why..why white long dress but after altar where priest stay..
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Seems the main topic this morning is ---- how other people have sex.

Plus, the regular bashing of other denominations.

We also have highly delusional racism.

How much meaner do Xian boards get? Thank you Jesus.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
THE SODOMIZING PRIEST AND PERVERTS THAT PERVADE YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY

WILL CAUSE YOU MEMBERSHIP TO INCREASE...

If Jesus tarries and does not come soon...

those perverts

( that you church cuddles)

will worm their way up into leadership positions

in your (already carnal) religious society, and

it will become a hot bed of perverts, and then sexual perversion

will be

accepted by all your constituents.

You Roman Catholics stand up for your Church instead of God in Christ..

No matter how much it provokes God ...YOU BELIEVE YOUR CHURCH IS ALWAYS

RIGHT..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

who="Religion - A Delusion" Seems the main topic this morning is ---- how other people have sex.

Just keep in mind that everyone on here is not Christian (as if you didn't know that).

KayMarie
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, BM, how are you these days?
Since a civil divorce would have taken place first, any children of the marriage would simply see their parents as being divorced. See #10: http://www.archbalt.org/loader.cfm...
You don't give children much credit for their faith.

You seem to be saying that a practicing Catholic child would not care in any way whatsoever that his or her esteemed Church declared their parents sacred marriage as always "invalid."

But, what else can you say really?

It requires supreme self-delusion to believe any Church acts in the spirit of the Bible when it calls $69.95 annulments "carefully investigated."

Forget the Bible, this is simply made up to accommodate modern society. It's just that sometimes things get a little too absurd.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to be Catholic.
But I can't come to terms with why God would ever appoint an institution that openly honors child abuse enablers - for the purpose of bring "morality" to mankind.
When I stop feeling repulsed by child sex abuse, and when I stop feeling repulsed by how the Vatican honors Cardinal Law to this day -- then I will join the Catholic church.
After all, the Catholic church was appointed by God to teach us morality -- so child sex abuse must be OK and there is something wrong with me.
your fine,it's the church that is totally wrong,but it's man made pagan/christian institution,it is not a holy place,so what else would you expect from a phony church that only cares about making money.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
protestant divorce costs a helluva lot more than that.
Now this one is equating annulment with divorce -- after lecturing others.

Doesn't a catholic require both?

Don't tell us that Catholic divorces cost less than Protestant divorces!

Delusional.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Even if they not Christians..please..i think they know
that invisible spirit is alive force..as well they know that deference exist.
How much you can tolerated suffering that you can except heavy critic ..how you going describe that whats so ever asked yourself.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Seems the main topic this morning is ---- how other people have sex.
Today's sermon is how to be holy now and in the afterlife.

I don't know about you, but I'm going to focus on how the holy ones treat each other now.

In days gone by, I've learned that they all know that they have the truth from their bibles, if only they could convince each other to shut up and listen.

:)
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Let us pray a positive prayer together........

DEAR GOD,

PLEASE CURE CANCER IN ALL OF MANKIND TODAY.

AMEN

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

<quoted text>
You don't give children much credit for their faith.
You seem to be saying that a practicing Catholic child would not care in any way whatsoever that his or her esteemed Church declared their parents sacred marriage as always "invalid."
But, what else can you say really?
It requires supreme self-delusion to believe any Church acts in the spirit of the Bible when it calls $69.95 annulments "carefully investigated."
Forget the Bible, this is simply made up to accommodate modern society. It's just that sometimes things get a little too absurd.
The men of the hierarchy gave annulments to many people in the past. Another term for it was "murder."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 420,981 - 421,000 of512,275
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

584 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The sad REALITY of being a gay atheist 5 min Adam 7
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min KiMare 217,134
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 9 min Ed Teach 52,518
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 15 min Adam 36 36,108
Why do homosexuals approach little boys in thei... 15 min Adam 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Catcher1 680,620
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Adam 596,600
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr Haydos 272
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Uzi 109,735