Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589394 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#436759 May 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but pentecostals accept as valid the re-marriage of a divorced person. Your denomination says that adultery or abandonment by an unbelieving spouse is grounds for divorce and re-marriage.
The Catholic Church does not allow "re-marriage" as it is contrary to Christ's teaching.
The Catholic site I quoted said that both parties are free to marry after an annulment. The persons that I know who received an annulment were remarried to Catholics IN the CC.
Jesus said that divorce and remarriage was wrong, except when a spouse was guilty of fornication.
Our culture is rapidly changing, and it is detrimental to the church, but generally Pentecostals do not accept divorce. We've not had to deal with it, and have never been party to such action.
KayMarie
This is why annulment is granted, if the ex is guilty of fornication/adultery ... its investigated and may take up to two years.

Actually the founder of your church was an adulterous and was a divorcée.
Aimee
http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#436760 May 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow" 552
And....Scripture does not support the practice of issuing annulments. This is a man made thing...and, therefore is un Christian...
There is one circumstance in a marriage that allows for a divorce...Catholic have to ignore it so they can "annul" marriages, that accordding to them, never was!!!!!!!
Mt 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
That verse should open some eyes. Marriage is not just a piece of paper.
KM
It hasn't yet....will not be....unless a change occurs:

According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; unto this day.

#436761 May 1, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians follow the Bible -- this is why you are Catholic. Catholics are not Christian. According to the Bible Catholics are of the harlot false religion. Christians are the bride of Christ.
Bride of Christ - pure churh.
Harlot - false Church.
Jesus read from the books called the Law & Prophets every Sabbath. This is where the Jewish faith and doctrine came from. Then Jesus inspired the Apostles to write more, to record what happened with Jesus. John wrote numerous books including the message sent to him by Jesus, the book of Revelation.
1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to show to his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel to his servant John:"
The first Christians understood this well. We have 38,000 of their letters quoting the books they considered inspired. 300 years later your Roman Church came along and plays down the Bible with claims of papal authority, even the pope claiming to be 'vicar of christ'. You are in a sun cult. It is not biblical or christian. The Bible tells us the entire roman system will be thrown into the lake of fire with all who support it having the 'mark of the beast' and asks that all flee and come out of her, my people.
"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am he." (John 13:19)
“There are some things in them (Epistles of St. Paul) hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other
Scriptures.”
2 Peter 3:16

You wouldn’t have a Bible if it were not for the first Christians called Catholics!!

The Bible is a Catholic Book
http://www.cegguam.org/TalksAndHomilies/sray/...

"Christ did not say, "Sit down and write Bibles and scatter them over the earth, and let

every man read his Bible and judge for himself." If Christ had said that, there would never

have been a Christianity on the earth at all, but a Babylon and confusion instead, and

never ONE Church, the union of ONE body. Hence, Christ never said to His Apostles, "Go and write Bibles and distribute them, and let everyone judge for himself." That

injunction was reserved for the Sixteenth Century, and we have seen the result of it. Ever

since the Sixteenth Century there have been springing up religion upon religion, and churches upon churches, all fighting and quarreling with one another, and all because of the private interpretation of the Bible.

Christ sent His Apostles with authority to teach all nations, and never gave them any

command of writing the Bible. And the Apostles went forth and preached everywhere,

and planted the Church of God throughout the earth, but never thought of writing.”

#436762 May 1, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>
My niece receives her 1st communion in May. She is 7 and in the 2nd grade. So if you accept something you should be able to explain it as well...correct? My niece will be able to explain what the apostles taught?
I received my First Holy Communion at the same age. I understood all, is your niece ‘a slow learner‘?

We receive Christ in our heart, in the appearance of bread
and wine. As Jesus taught at the Last Supper.

John 6
Clay

United States

#436763 May 1, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
“There are some things in them (Epistles of St. Paul) hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other
Scriptures.”
2 Peter 3:16
You wouldn’t have a Bible if it were not for the first Christians called Catholics!!
The Bible is a Catholic Book
http://www.cegguam.org/TalksAndHomilies/sray/...
"Christ did not say, "Sit down and write Bibles and scatter them over the earth, and let
every man read his Bible and judge for himself." If Christ had said that, there would never
have been a Christianity on the earth at all, but a Babylon and confusion instead, and
never ONE Church, the union of ONE body. Hence, Christ never said to His Apostles, "Go and write Bibles and distribute them, and let everyone judge for himself." That
injunction was reserved for the Sixteenth Century, and we have seen the result of it. Ever
since the Sixteenth Century there have been springing up religion upon religion, and churches upon churches, all fighting and quarreling with one another, and all because of the private interpretation of the Bible.
Christ sent His Apostles with authority to teach all nations, and never gave them any
command of writing the Bible. And the Apostles went forth and preached everywhere,
and planted the Church of God throughout the earth, but never thought of writing.”
Well said Star. Protestantland has really exploded in the last 75 yrs. The born again movement has spawned countless different sects.... eliminating Baptism; eliminating the Eucharist; eliminating Confession; undoing virtually everything that was taught by our Beloved Apostles.
They are hanging by a thread. God is infinite Love, and I think its this Love that keeps them slightly above water. But we can see the chaos that's ensued from generation to generation of these guys.
Hope California is treating you good. Its May and snowing in Minnesota. Sucks!
Preston

Waverly, OH

#436764 May 1, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why annulment is granted, if the ex is guilty of fornication/adultery ... its investigated and may take up to two years.
Actually the founder of your church was an adulterous and was a divorcée.
Aimee
http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...
why don't you get acting so stupid(or are you acting)? speaking in tongues was from the beginning on the day of Pentecost, so no modern day woman or man is responsible

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#436765 May 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
um....EXCUSE ME, but did you say "human-created myths"???
you can't be serious, are you? what pray-tell should we categorize the THEORY of evolution as if not a human-created myth?!
better get your facts straight cuz when you drop your flesh, you'll be standing naked in spirit and you're gonna hafta account for what you believed and why!
Yes I did say human-created myths. Non-human animals don't create myths.

Evolution is a fact, not a theory. But within that milieu is the question of whether the universe had a beginning, or whether it always existed.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#436766 May 1, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it and millions of $$$ in reward money are yours.
June rejects all of man's gods, because none has left any physical evidence or proof.
You reject all of man's gods - except one. But you have no evidence or proof of this one either.
In all probability, this god was drilled into you since early childhood. Your god is based on where you were born and the culture in which you were raised.
This god is as imaginary as all other gods in human history. No spirit is going to hurt you if you dare to even think about this fact.
The reward money will still be there tomorrow.
yes - i would officially like to go on record as saying "Jesus is God and I embrace Him with all that I am".

thank you for bringing that out of me and getting it on record!:)

Prince George, Canada

#436767 May 1, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I received my First Holy Communion at the same age. I understood all, is your niece ‘a slow learner‘?
We receive Christ in our heart, in the appearance of bread
and wine. As Jesus taught at the Last Supper.
John 6
The idea that Jewish Jesus and his Jewish apostles got together to discuss Catholic dogmas is stretching myth to the extreme.

They would have been discussing issues of Judaism, not Catholicism.

:)
Clay

United States

#436768 May 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>

A born-again christian would not attend a church that teaches a false gospel.
Marge, after 400,000 posts, that is the most hilarious one of all.
Clay

United States

#436770 May 1, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you get acting so stupid(or are you acting)? speaking in tongues was from the beginning on the day of Pentecost, so no modern day woman or man is responsible
The act of legitimately speaking in tongues was. Just because someone says its a language does not mean it is. Its never been proven that the new Pentecostal movement is doing anything other than gibberish. Its not too hard, Preston, to figure out if an actual language is being spoken or a 'ga bla googy ga de jebudie doo doo'
Sadly, self induced convincing is the culprit here.

Prince George, Canada

#436771 May 1, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Do Unto Others.
“Do unto other people
As you’d have done to you”
A phrase we take for granted
And yet, so very true
For he who causes others pain
Through unkind word or deed
Has set the standard of the life
That he himself will lead
In days to come, we all will learn
The error of our ways
As each unkindness that we cause
Returns to us one day
Live your life with this in mind
And dust shall turn to gold
As every kindness that you give
Returns to you tenfold
My daughter wrote that poem.

Prince George, Canada

#436772 May 1, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Reason should be destroyed in all Christians." Martin Luther
It's how theologians taught people to be mindless followers of the theologian's own dogmas.

Prince George, Canada

#436773 May 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
June June June....you keep for getting one GIGANTIC detail:
God came to earth in the Person of Jesus the Christ!
if He didn't, then you may have an agrument, but since He did, YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE!
I'm only accountable for my own beliefs, not for your religious indoctrination.

If you were a Muslim you would be preaching about Mohammad being the spirit of Allah (God) on earth.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436774 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But we don't understand others unless we live their lives.
A woman who was raised in the Philippines said that people don't understand how poverty changes rules of perceived morality. She went on to explain that some young women in the Philippines are proud to be prostitutes because the money supports their family members who otherwise would starve to death.
It's easy to preach a lofty sermon about morals when preachers have full stomachs.
June how someone else lives their life I am not responsible for.
I can only live my life one day at a time.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436775 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's how theologians taught people to be mindless followers of the theologian's own dogmas.
Depressing
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436776 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm only accountable for my own beliefs, not for your religious indoctrination.
If you were a Muslim you would be preaching about Mohammad being the spirit of Allah (God) on earth.
depressing
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#436777 May 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"disown his children"...I guess I didn't catch that part. These people are unbelieveable.
Crazy, isn't it?

I noted the post numbers in case she denies it. Can you imagine having to do something like that because they lie about their lies?
They're as nuts as the day is long.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436778 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did say human-created myths. Non-human animals don't create myths.
Evolution is a fact, not a theory. But within that milieu is the question of whether the universe had a beginning, or whether it always existed.
depressing
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#436779 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My daughter wrote that poem.
depressing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 837,059
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min monkeyofstick 176,764
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 20 min truthandcommonsense 4,086
how do shoutouts on snapchat work? 30 min stargate6 1
The unusual sex life of the vampire squid 34 min monkeyofstick 2
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 49 min RiccardoFire 70,196
Why some american white women marry arab men. (Mar '13) 53 min the truth 33
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Freebird USA 271,265
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 hr The swamiji 7,155
More from around the web